User Reviews for Dexlansoprazole

GERD
7.1

Summary of Dexlansoprazole reviews 7.4 174 reviews

Reviews for Dexlansoprazole

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I had been on prilosec for 2 years before my GI doc prescribed me Dexilant. It worked really well for the first 3 months. Then I began to get sick every time I ate/drank milk products. Fast-forward 2 years later and I cannot digest any milk products, even with Lactaid supplements. Lactose intolerance does not run in my family and I never displayed these symptoms prior to taking this medication. Dexilant is the only medication that has changed in my regiment in the past few years and I am now unable to enjoy any dairy at all."

BbMills June 16, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I take Dexilant 60mg every other day. Then every other day I’ll take Nexium x 2-20mg capsules to offset the monthly cost of $295. Now (Dexilant) is lasting me 2 months with the added cost of Nexium @ $22 for 42 pills. It actually works pretty good this way. I’m only blessed with the mild case of wind (farts and burps). Every once in awhile I may get the squirts. All that I can deal with. Been taking this kind of mixture of meds for about 3 years now."

BriBar (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 30, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I recently have had burning in my upper belly everyday and it’s worse during the night I’ve went to at least 3 different doctors no one could help me or even cared really I finally found a great doctor that prescribed me this medicine and I have to say it worked so wonderful for my burning I experience everyday and night I slept through the night last night for the first time in months I am so happy to have this medicine."

Rippee.2218 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Prevacid wasn't relieving my stomach pain so went to a walk in clinic. She gave me dexilant. After one dose I felt okay but still developed stomach pain after eating. The next day watery explosive dirrahea, plus headache all night and same day. All my family ate same thing but its only me. I'm stopping to see if this is the cause. I won't try again after seeing it happens a lot of people."

gnb (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "This medication has helped tremendously with the burning in my stomach and IBSc .. the only downside is it causes gassiness."

Tracy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "On day 3 and nausea, vomiting and diarrhea has set in which I hoped would ease with time. Called my doc on day 7 and she said stop taking immediately. Second day without and I’m still nauseous! Hate that it worked but came with such nasty side effects. Back to doctor tomorrow to figure out what the next step is. Nexium 40mg twice a day for over 10 years began to fail and GERD was back with major symptoms not sure what’s next."

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Pricey..but works great ..l feel it if I miss a day of using this drug"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I've have had Omeprazole for a year. Two months ago my throat started pain and I went to see my doctor. He put me dexilant 60mg, it works well first all and my throat is getting better. But after two weeks, it started diarrhea. Cramps in my stomach, fatigue. I have to stop for a week and see."

Tenzy123 March 6, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I love dexilant but can't see paying $135 for 30 pills."

cc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Oh my! After taking this med for 3 days, I felt human again after months of terrible pain even though I was prescribed several different Rxs. Just worried about when I have to go off of it. Until then, I will enjoy it."

sherry (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Only thing that works for severe reflux, documented on X-ray. Trialled Prilosec, which did nothing, and nexium, which produced nausea. I still have some mild burning from time to time in the distal esophageal/stomach region, but nothing like it was. It’s still under patent and very costly. It costs $100 every three months on my insurance."

CrazyCatLady91040 January 29, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "It almost killed me.... I have taken it for along time and about 5 days ago I started feeling wrong and getting chest pain until I ended up the ER. They couldn't find the issue so with this being the only medication I take I looked up side effects and there it was... I recommend avoiding this at all cost. Its now 2 days since I took it and my chest is feeling better but not great yet but it was for sure the dexilant."

Heart attack jim (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I started getting silent GERD issues that were hurting and bothering my throat... I tried prilosec but only got night panic attacks. So I went to the doctor. The doctor gave me free samples of Dexilant 60mg. At first, it gave me some relief, but now I’m having crazy side effects. Diarrhea, panic attacks, stomach cramps (bad), sweaty palms, headache. If I don’t take it right on time, my acid gets worse and then I get bad bad panic attacks (hyperventilations, racing heart). I don’t know what to do. It’s frustrating and I almost wish I never started this medication!"

D McD January 22, 2018

For Barrett's Esophagus: "Within 30 mins of taking my very first 60mg Dexilant capsule for a stomach ulcer, I started vomiting up stomach bile profusely. I vomited 10 times in a row (yes, I counted them) until I had nothing more to vomit up. I could tell it was stomach bile because it tasted extremely bitter. NEVER AGAIN!"

JoJo7 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Developed peeling rash on forehead, ears and chin."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Received samples from Dr's office to last for 1 month. My symptoms were stomach pain, heartburn and excessive burping for around 5 days before getting an appointment. Within 2 days all the symptoms described above were 90 percent better but almost from day 2 I started having very soft stools which could turn to loose stools later in day. Not uncommon to have 4-5 bowel movements in a day. Starting with week 4 I started feeling burning sensations in my back and the stomach pain and burping returned although has been to a lesser degree. I do not intend to take anymore and will explore other options with Dr. Do your research on PPI's they can act as a mask for more serious issues."

Harvey24 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "This seemed to control my stomach discomfort. I don’t have typical reflux symptoms, but have been on PPIs (Nexium)for 5+ years because it helps control the pain in my stomach. I switched to Dexilant because I was still uncomfortable on Nexium. Immediate side effects were mostly cramping. After being on Dexilant for about 6 weeks, I started feeling brief, strange sensations all over my body. It felt like pin pricks, or a zing here or there in my arms, hands, legs, face, or scalp. Two weeks later those sensations have intensified. Instead of lasting a few seconds and going away or a while, numerous sensations occur again and again. I am scratching even though it doesn’t really itch. I stopped taking the drug as a result."

35 year old woman (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2017

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Have heartburn without it. Only one that works. Been on it for 15 years. Dexilant the last 6 years."

Anonymous November 2, 2017

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Well, I'm new to this. Just had an esophagogastroduodenoscopy or EGD and was told after having problems for 20 years. That I have a very large Hietal Hernia and Eosinophilic Easophagitis and it would be helpful if I had the Hernia fixed by surgery and to start 60mg of Dexilant daily. The second day on meds and no GERD or choking which is one of my issues. Called RX line for help paying for it, instead of having to pay $260.00 I pay $39.95 a month. At least until I have the surgery. Hopefully with surgery I will be able to get off of if."

LoveGOD (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I have a hiatal hernia and GERD and this has been the only medicine that allows me to eat and keep it down. I can tell when I forget my pill."

Tiriabnegitcha October 18, 2017

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I had a bad experience with this drug. I have taken Zegrid for years and felt like I may need something stronger. My doctor gave me Dexilant 30 mg samples to try. I experienced nausea, body aches, stomach pain, gas and excessive burping. On second thought, I will keep using Zegrid! After one day of stopping this medicine, my symptoms went away."

LL27 October 12, 2017

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "First week in to taking this drug was perfect. Second week onwards I suffered from nausea, fatigue, body ache, diarrhea, etc... I would recommend to stop this medication once side effects kick in. Other side effects I experienced were stomach ache, feeling weak and feeling uncomfortable swallowing food."

Shehada (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Was getting bad acid reflux within minutes of eating. After my EGD showed ulcers and inflammation my doctor put me on Dexilant 60 and within 2 days it was gone. My follow-up EGD showed no signs of ulcers, though I still have gastritis."

lz30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2017

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "It all started well but about 3 days into the process of taking Dexilant 60mg once a day, all hell broke loose. I had explosive diarrhea and also had the feeling of wanting to vomit. I stopped taking the meds. After my endo and colonoscopy, my Gastroenterologist returned me to a lower 30mg dose. I already had my misgivings on the meds but as a good patient followed my Gastroenterologist's prescription. Right on the first dose I again experienced loose bowel movement as in every 15 to 20 minutes of watery discharge. I also immediately felt weak. This med gave such an adversed side effect that I decided not to take it anymore whatever wrath comes when I see my GE again. Plus it is very expensive."

Jeffrey Tan June 7, 2017

For GERD: "My Dr. gave me some 60 mg Dexilant samples to try while I undergo testing for suspected gastritis or other conditions. I've never been on any other PPI before, and had no idea what to expect. After only ONE dose, my stomach felt like it had a huge heavy lump in it, I was constantly thirsty, my urine output was little, I felt constantly hungry, it made me very gassy, and I had anxiety. My digestive system felt wonky for a few days as the Dexilant worked its way out. I would not recommend this product to anyone, but I do realize it does help some people."

Unhappy Tummy May 7, 2017