User Reviews for Rabeprazole

GERD 8.3
Summary of Rabeprazole reviews 8.6 69 reviews

Reviews for Rabeprazole

Cherryl0068 May 4, 2020

For GERD: “So Far It Been Good To Me !!”

Heartburn in Ky · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

For GERD: “I have Successfully used brand name Aciphex for years for severe reflux and Barrett’s esophagus..(having failed every other medicine I tried) but my health insurance excludes it as a NON-covered medicine so I pay the $440 /month which is applied to my $6,000/yr deductible just for medicines. The generic is covered at 0$. so I thought I would try it AGAIN...within 3 days of starting the generic I feel like I am taking NOTHING..and don’t know how I will eat dinner or lay down to sleep tonight! ...I’ll be forking out the $ tomorrow for brand name Aciphex...how can a generic be THIS BAD??”

SJP · Taken for 10 years or more February 23, 2020

For GERD: “I have been taking rabeprazole 20mg daily for about 20 years. Occasionally I have had short periods of gastritis but they have not lasted very long. Fantastic for 20 years. However over the last 2 months the drug appears to have stopped working and no longer brings any relief. Back to the GP tomorrow.”

J · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2020

For GERD: “Switched from Protonix 40mg to Rabeprazole (generic) 20mg and my heartburn came STORMING back. Rabeprazole 20mg is supposed to be a dose equivalent to 40mg of other PPI’s. My doctor said it was stronger but not in my case.”

Faisal sial · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

For GERD: “Feel very comfortable and I can eat anything what I want..there is no more GERD Now... Thanks Rabeprazole. It works”

R.O.Y. November 2, 2019

Aciphex (rabeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I was diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus and GERD @ 19 years ago. My doctor put me on Aciphex and it work great. My next scope Barrett's was healed but I was still taking Aciphex for GERD until insurance would no longer pay for it. I could not afford the atrocious cost if Aciphex and switched. I have tried all OTC, prescription Prilosec, and Prevacid. None have worked as well as Aciphex. I also have epilepsy and have to be mindful of drug interactions even with PPI's. It's really sad that pharmaceutical and insurance companies dictate to consumers what they can and can't take based on monetary greed. Who knows better than the consumer what is best, and works best, in treating their physical health & well being.”

Crash · Taken for 10 years or more August 27, 2019

For GERD: “I've been on Rabeprazole for years now . My doctor tried everything on me and nothing worked , until I tried rabeprazole . I am allergic to the little purple pill .”

CB · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I tried OTC meds for a couple of years for my tummy before they found the H. Pylori bacteria was causing my ulcer. Rabeprazole was added during triple therapy with antibiotics and within a couple of hours my searing pain from abdomen through to my back was gone. I should only have to take Rabeprazole for 2 months but insurance will not cover it. I agree it works really well and should be covered by insurance. I complained to the insurance and told them OTC's are not the same and don't work the same but got nowhere.”

Chuck · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2019

For GERD: “I started this drug yesterday. Is it suppose to be instant relief? GERD was the worst it’s been last night. Please tell me this is normal and it will eventually work....”

Cgates · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2018

For GERD: “Works great ”

NANA · Taken for 10 years or more December 21, 2018

Aciphex (rabeprazole) for GERD: “I've had GERD for 20+ years. Tried all of the medications but seemed to build up resistance to them and they would no longer work after several months. ACIPHEX is the only one that worked consistently, however, insurance wouldn't pay for it. My doctor wrote several letters and finally got it approved. I am now on Medicare and it is not on an approved list where I can get it. It is truly a miracle drug and has worked for me consistently. I, too, don't know why there is not a generic form or why it is not more affordable. I would give this a 10 out of 10.”

bosavi October 14, 2018

Aciphex (rabeprazole) for GERD: “Taken since 2005, it was the only PPI that worked. 2018 started having side effects, tired, muscle aches, complications with cramps in back and other similar pains related to muscles. Stopped taking and problems disappeared. After 2 months of discomfort and GERD back again, I tried it again, after 3 days side effects returned. Time to change, too bad, it worked for 12 years.”

david · Taken for 10 years or more May 3, 2018

For GERD: “I've been taking this for over 20 years. Has worked perfectly for me. Has now been made a Tier 4 drug at excessive costs from insurers. I don't know why.”

“M” December 9, 2017

Aciphex (rabeprazole) for GERD: “I am just on second day of starting generic Acifex and can not believe how great I feel. I have been in pain and diarrhea for a month due to taking multiple meds for a heart issue. Acifex has been a blessing!”

CitizenVoltaire July 9, 2017

For GERD: “The only downside is it costs $3 a month, but that's OK. Australian government won't make it free.”

Navajo Apache Joe July 5, 2017

Aciphex (rabeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “Have Taken ACIPHEX for 20 years until insurance companies refused to cover this and all PPI drugs. I have suffered ever since. Achipex 3 years ago cost $20.00 per 30 Tablets, Then in 2015,16 this medication increased to $378.00 per 30 tablets. Now my insurance company will not cover this drug. I am on my own. No PPI prescription drugs anymore. So, for every action there is a opposite and equal reaction. Scopes yearly. which will cost my insurance company more than a year of this drug. Idiots. Nothing works except ACIPHEX 20 MGs”

Aussie Larry June 17, 2017

For Barrett's Esophagus: “Can function as normal when taking this medication”

JLS_48 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 18, 2017

For GERD: “Was on Aciphex PRN for 11 yrs. New insurance will not pay for it now even though they know I was on it for yrs prior. Now taking the generic, rabeprazole. I had to go through all the over the counter meds as well. Rabeprazole gave me some relief but not for long. Heaven forbid I miss one dose. It never relieves the symptoms fully. I would take Aciphex maybe 5-6 times a month will full relief. It's like a wonder drug. Without it, I'm back to propping the pillows up at night, stomach pain, diarrhea, belching, bloating, gas, vomiting; basically feeling miserable most days.”

Drw_T May 6, 2016

Aciphex (rabeprazole) for GERD: “I took Aciphex for the last year. It relieved the symptoms VERY well. However, it didn't heal any of my problems. I still have erosive esophagus, and I still have chronic gastritis. So on to the next...”

Nonamealreadyinuse April 10, 2016

Aciphex (rabeprazole) for GERD: “I have taken Protonix without any relief. My doctor increased my dosage from 40mg to 80mg. I had really bad headaches and no relief from reflux. I began taking Aciphex and got results immediately.”

JohnLem · Taken for 10 years or more January 17, 2016

For Stomach Ulcer: “Kremers generic is a great product replacement for the aciphex brand. I highly recommend it, works even better than the aciphex brand for me. I've taken aciphex for 11yrs and Kremers generic for 2yrs. I do have blood tests for kidney function twice per year(blood pressure meds) and my kidneys are fine.”

Thenomad · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 16, 2015

Aciphex (rabeprazole) for GERD: “My insurance refuses to pay for it saying Prilsect is just as good. NOT!!!!! I take 2 a day (180 for 3 months) and it would cost me almost $700 a month. I get through Canada for $123 per 200, over 3 month vs. $2,000. Aciphex is not even comparable to any other, Zantac, all of them. Good luck to you.”

ManuRN May 22, 2015

Aciphex (rabeprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: “I have reflux and had continuing issues while taking nexium. My GI Doc put me back on Aciphex and my problems are gone within 3 days.”

RavenMadigan March 14, 2015

For GERD: “This was working for me for years as Aciphex. When the generic came out, it worked for a while. Now some days it doesn't work at all and other days it works for a while and then the heartburn comes on full force. Research shows one doesn't build up a resistance to this medicine, so I think the generic manufacturer is doing something different.”

kate399874346 February 23, 2015

Aciphex (rabeprazole) for GERD: “I have had GERD for years. I tried everything available and nothing helped until my doctor prescribed Aciphex. No more pain. It is the best thing on the market. I do not know why it is not over the counter. My insurance has tried to have my doctor switch me to a less expensive medicine, but they didn't work and I had to pay the higher copay for Aciphex. It is a God send. I do wish it was cheaper and over the counter.”