User Reviews for Dexilant

6.7

Summary of Dexilant reviews 7.2 158 reviews

Reviews for Dexilant

T-rex · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 18, 2019

For GERD "Have been on this medication for years and has worked well. No real side effects until about a year ago with joint pain and headaches. Now insurance will not pay for this PPI but others it does. ????? How does that work ????? I guess I will try a new prescription that they will pay for and see what happens. I thought the joint pain and headaches were just old age but apparently its not just that according to what I've been reading with everyone else. Don't get me wrong, the medicine is great but just not long term."

MN · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 27, 2019

For GERD "7+ years on Dexilant. Love it. No more acid reflux. Took every other RX previously and ended up in hospital with aspiration pneumonia. Have huge hiatal hernia. Never happened again because of Dexilant! After today’s Dr visit, noticed on summary, he changed to generic Dexlansoprazole instead of submitting another prior authorization, but didn’t tell me. I hope it works just as well!!! Scared."

Smkalpakci · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 3, 2019

For GERD "I have taken every kind of medicine for my extreme GERD and IBS but dexilant is the ONLY one that works. It was a lifesaver."

PDQ · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 27, 2019

For GERD "I used to take Dexilant for my GERD, then insurance stopped covering it. I had no side effects that I noticed. I liked it because a single dose could last up to 3 days for me. I liked that I could take it as a preventative or as needed."

Downtowntiger · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 18, 2019

For GERD "I was diagnosed with GERD five years ago. I also have IBS. I took Nexium for years and was fairly symptom free. When my issues progressed, my doctor prescribed Dexilant with Carafate for rescues. I had an endoscopy about four months ago and my stomach condition had deteriorated. I was told to double up on Dexilant. Not financially doable. Let me say something about the manufacturer, Takeda. They have an assistance program and have been amazing to me. I love them. Because of their assistance, my money is freed up to pay doctor bills. They care about their patients. I am pretty upset about my recent complications. I am having a four hour motility study soon. Hoping for a miracle. I was a singer.....my throat is now affected. A parting question-everything went downhill after I switched my thyroid from Nature-thyroid to Synthroid. Sad....I felt better on Synthroid. Anyone else have hypothyroid issues with GERD?"

Natalie · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2019

For GERD "Initially diagnosed with Esophagitis (inflammation of the esophagus of acid reflux) 1 month ago. Was on dexilant 60 mg once per day. Had a lump feeling in my throat every day and worse at night while I sleep. Went to see an ENT specialist a few days ago and I was diagnosed with Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease(larynx/Pharaynx) acid reflux. Cannot get hold of the specialist who did the initial endoscopy for Esophagitis diagnosis so I informed the receptionist of my experience and was informed he is at the hospital for 2 weeks and I have to wait to see him when he returns to the office. I was told to go to my Family doctor to follow up. FD prescribed taking the dexillant 60 mg twice per day. I am feeling worse since taking dexilant twice per day. I have a choking sensation non stop and at night not sleeping. Awaiting to see the specialist who did endoscopy in a few weeks. Has anybody else had this experience and taking Dexilant 60 mg twice per day?"

CR May 1, 2019

For GERD "I was given Delixant for acid reflux. It worked well in the beginning. I could eat whatever I wanted without any kind of food bothering me. After 3 weeks of taking the drug, I started to get a rash that soon spread all over my body and then I started having trouble breathing one day. 4 doctors later, the dermatologist was the one to get it right- that it was an allergic reaction to Dexilant. I cannot take this drug."

Granny · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2019

For GERD "Be Careful! Not everyone can take Dexilant my husband got critical, in the ER. First he started passing blood through stool, then no stool, just passing water, and cramping, become deathly sick, before I remembered the Dr. Had changed his medicine to Dexilant. I don’t think he would of lasted much longer if he stayed on it. He was on it 21 days, every day he got worse. I stopped all acid reflux medicine, will start him back on Protonix next week. Dexilant was like poison for him. Be Careful"

L.A. · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2019

For Erosive Esophagitis "I’ve had terrible constipation and bloating while on the Dexilant... doesn’t seem like many others had the same experience"

Sades · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

For GERD "Was taking dexilant for 2 weeks and I felt just like my old self again! It was amazing! Almost all of my symptoms disappeared however, my urine color changed to a dark orange after taking it and it took a few hours of drinking water for it to change back to a normal color. The pharmacist said I should probably stop until I can speak to my doctor but just two days off it and I am back to being sick all the time :( I cant find any information about whether this is normal and I have another 2 1/2 months before my next specialist appointment. If anyone can shed some light on whether a temporary change in urine colour is normal after taking dexilant I'd greatly appreciate it"

Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2019

For GERD "About 18 hours after taking it for the first time I had terrible gas pains, cramping and diarrhea. I was hoping this medication would help better with my GERD, but I definitely won't be continuing to take it."

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 18, 2019

For GERD "I have been taking dexilant for 5+ years and is best medicine I have found for GERD, plus other gastro issues. Other meds just don't work as well for me. It gives me full relief for 24 hours, I take one each morning before breakfast. I did develop AFIB [irregular, fast heart rate] while after taking it and started taking 1 magnesium citrate each day since dexilant and others may affect magnesium absorption. AFIB went away , magnesium blood levels fine, all is good."

DennisP14 · Taken for 10 years or more March 10, 2019

For GERD "Been taking first Prevacid and now Dexilant for over 10 years for severe GERD. Have tried every other product for acid reflux and this is the only one that works for me. Doc says he sees this in about 10% of patients where only one med works. Prilosec has no effect and Protonix makes my GERD worse. Have had no side effects from Dexilant. Insurance tried to push OTC only but my Medicare Part D now covers it."

Cchamp · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2019

For GERD "Took Dexilant for 8 day and experienced side effects of decreased urine output, joint pain, tea colored urine. Called MD and he said discontinue immediately."

jbird68 · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2019

For Barrett's Esophagus "Originally diagnosed with GERD and prescribed Pantaprozole. It gave me headaches and nausea. I would come home from work and lay on the couch all evening. Saw my GI doctor and changed to Ranitidine. Much better and didn't make me such it give me headaches. Then, I had my second GI scope in 2 years and now diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus. Surgeon put be back on Panteprozole and after 4 days I had to stop taking it for same reasons as before. GI doctor gave me samples (15 days worth) for Dexilant. After 7 days I haven't had headaches or nausea. I checked with my pharmacy and it will cost me over $200/mo. Ugh! Coupon from manufacturer could get it for as low as $20. But won't know until I actually get a prescription filled and use the coupon. But so far it's working. I haven't had any heartburn since I started taking it. But I'm also still taking the Ranitidine in the evening."

Steve G · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 9, 2019

For GERD "I am not sure where to go to get help here, Tameka makes it impossible to contact. I have been using Dexilant for over 3 years, have been on this type of medicine for many, many years...since the proton pump medicine was first used (Prilosec Rx). This medicine works well almost all the time BUT, it seems every now and then I get a batch that does NOT work as well....almost like the capsule is not filled properly, and I need to supplement these dosages with a Nexium or take a Pepcid Complete to carry me. This usually goes away when I receive a new Rx presumably from a different batch. This happens infrequently, but I do not attribute this to a change in my habits nor health. (This never happened with Nexium Rx, which I used to take) very suspect, I believe the quality control is lacking and Tadeka should step up and make a recall for these bad batches!"

mb · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 6, 2019

For Barrett's Esophagus "The only medicine that worked for me was dexilant. I highly recommend this drug."

gharam December 17, 2018

For GERD "I have been taking Dexilant for 5 days. Since the second day it has caused headache for me, so I have decided to stop it."

Laura October 17, 2018

For GERD "Dexilant give me no side effects. But it doesn't seem be strong enough for me. I am on 60 mg a day but my stomach still burns just not as bad. Will see if we can up it to 2 pills a day"

Punked · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2018

For GERD "I was prescribed this after 2 years little success with Prilosec. 6 hours after taking first pill, thought I had the flu. Chills, nausea, diarrhea. Next day, had no energy whatsoever. Missed important event. Thought maybe I had food poisoning so didn’t take another pill until 3 days later. Took a pill and 6 hours later, in same shape again but worse. Stabbing pains in head and chest, horrible diarrhea, hands stiff, no energy. Hope I survive 2 pills!! Ugh"

Meli · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 22, 2018

For GERD "I have been taking this medicine for 7 years. Works great no side affects and I would highly recommend this medicine to anyone! I was on many different medicines before dexalant and nothing worked. Dexalant has completely changed my life. Love it!"

Lane · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2018

For GERD "This is the only medication I have tried that actually worked and I've tried a lot of them. It helps cure it not just cover it up like the others try to do. It's better to have something that eventually heals it so you don't even require medications. And it's waaaay better than evasively having your stomach tied up around your esophagus. My Dr. had samples and they were working for me but when that supply ran out I would have been required to pay $330.00 a month because my so called insurance wouldn't pay for it. They were okay with evasive surgery though!!! SAD ~"

BbMills June 16, 2018

For GERD "I had been on prilosec for 2 years before my GI doc prescribed me Dexilant. It worked really well for the first 3 months. Then I began to get sick every time I ate/drank milk products. Fast-forward 2 years later and I cannot digest any milk products, even with Lactaid supplements. Lactose intolerance does not run in my family and I never displayed these symptoms prior to taking this medication. Dexilant is the only medication that has changed in my regiment in the past few years and I am now unable to enjoy any dairy at all."

BriBar · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 30, 2018

For GERD "I take Dexilant 60mg every other day. Then every other day I’ll take Nexium x 2-20mg capsules to offset the monthly cost of $295. Now (Dexilant) is lasting me 2 months with the added cost of Nexium @ $22 for 42 pills. It actually works pretty good this way. I’m only blessed with the mild case of wind (farts and burps). Every once in awhile I may get the squirts. All that I can deal with. Been taking this kind of mixture of meds for about 3 years now."

Rippee.2218 · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2018

For GERD "I recently have had burning in my upper belly everyday and it’s worse during the night I’ve went to at least 3 different doctors no one could help me or even cared really I finally found a great doctor that prescribed me this medicine and I have to say it worked so wonderful for my burning I experience everyday and night I slept through the night last night for the first time in months I am so happy to have this medicine."