User Reviews for Dexilant

GERD
6.7

Summary of Dexilant reviews 7.1 149 reviews

Reviews for Dexilant

For GERD "Was taking dexilant for 2 weeks and I felt just like my old self again! It was amazing! Almost all of my symptoms disappeared however, my urine color changed to a dark orange after taking it and it took a few hours of drinking water for it to change back to a normal color. The pharmacist said I should probably stop until I can speak to my doctor but just two days off it and I am back to being sick all the time :( I cant find any information about whether this is normal and I have another 2 1/2 months before my next specialist appointment. If anyone can shed some light on whether a temporary change in urine colour is normal after taking dexilant I'd greatly appreciate it"

Sades (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2019

For GERD "About 18 hours after taking it for the first time I had terrible gas pains, cramping and diarrhea. I was hoping this medication would help better with my GERD, but I definitely won't be continuing to take it."

Lynn (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

For GERD "I have been taking dexilant for 5+ years and is best medicine I have found for GERD, plus other gastro issues. Other meds just don't work as well for me. It gives me full relief for 24 hours, I take one each morning before breakfast. I did develop AFIB [irregular, fast heart rate] while after taking it and started taking 1 magnesium citrate each day since dexilant and others may affect magnesium absorption. AFIB went away , magnesium blood levels fine, all is good."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 18, 2019

For GERD "Been taking first Prevacid and now Dexilant for over 10 years for severe GERD. Have tried every other product for acid reflux and this is the only one that works for me. Doc says he sees this in about 10% of patients where only one med works. Prilosec has no effect and Protonix makes my GERD worse. Have had no side effects from Dexilant. Insurance tried to push OTC only but my Medicare Part D now covers it."

DennisP14 (taken for 10 years or more) March 10, 2019

For GERD "Took Dexilant for 8 day and experienced side effects of decreased urine output, joint pain, tea colored urine. Called MD and he said discontinue immediately."

Cchamp (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2019

For Barrett's Esophagus "Originally diagnosed with GERD and prescribed Pantaprozole. It gave me headaches and nausea. I would come home from work and lay on the couch all evening. Saw my GI doctor and changed to Ranitidine. Much better and didn't make me such it give me headaches. Then, I had my second GI scope in 2 years and now diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus. Surgeon put be back on Panteprozole and after 4 days I had to stop taking it for same reasons as before. GI doctor gave me samples (15 days worth) for Dexilant. After 7 days I haven't had headaches or nausea. I checked with my pharmacy and it will cost me over $200/mo. Ugh! Coupon from manufacturer could get it for as low as $20. But won't know until I actually get a prescription filled and use the coupon. But so far it's working. I haven't had any heartburn since I started taking it. But I'm also still taking the Ranitidine in the evening."

jbird68 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2019

For GERD "I am not sure where to go to get help here, Tameka makes it impossible to contact. I have been using Dexilant for over 3 years, have been on this type of medicine for many, many years...since the proton pump medicine was first used (Prilosec Rx). This medicine works well almost all the time BUT, it seems every now and then I get a batch that does NOT work as well....almost like the capsule is not filled properly, and I need to supplement these dosages with a Nexium or take a Pepcid Complete to carry me. This usually goes away when I receive a new Rx presumably from a different batch. This happens infrequently, but I do not attribute this to a change in my habits nor health. (This never happened with Nexium Rx, which I used to take) very suspect, I believe the quality control is lacking and Tadeka should step up and make a recall for these bad batches!"

Steve G (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2019

For Barrett's Esophagus "The only medicine that worked for me was dexilant. I highly recommend this drug."

mb (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2019

For GERD "I have been taking Dexilant for 5 days. Since the second day it has caused headache for me, so I have decided to stop it."

gharam December 17, 2018

For GERD "Dexilant give me no side effects. But it doesn't seem be strong enough for me. I am on 60 mg a day but my stomach still burns just not as bad. Will see if we can up it to 2 pills a day"

Laura October 17, 2018

For GERD "I was prescribed this after 2 years little success with Prilosec. 6 hours after taking first pill, thought I had the flu. Chills, nausea, diarrhea. Next day, had no energy whatsoever. Missed important event. Thought maybe I had food poisoning so didn’t take another pill until 3 days later. Took a pill and 6 hours later, in same shape again but worse. Stabbing pains in head and chest, horrible diarrhea, hands stiff, no energy. Hope I survive 2 pills!! Ugh"

Punked (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

For GERD "I have been taking this medicine for 7 years. Works great no side affects and I would highly recommend this medicine to anyone! I was on many different medicines before dexalant and nothing worked. Dexalant has completely changed my life. Love it!"

Meli (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 22, 2018

For GERD "This is the only medication I have tried that actually worked and I've tried a lot of them. It helps cure it not just cover it up like the others try to do. It's better to have something that eventually heals it so you don't even require medications. And it's waaaay better than evasively having your stomach tied up around your esophagus. My Dr. had samples and they were working for me but when that supply ran out I would have been required to pay $330.00 a month because my so called insurance wouldn't pay for it. They were okay with evasive surgery though!!! SAD ~"

Lane (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For GERD "I had been on prilosec for 2 years before my GI doc prescribed me Dexilant. It worked really well for the first 3 months. Then I began to get sick every time I ate/drank milk products. Fast-forward 2 years later and I cannot digest any milk products, even with Lactaid supplements. Lactose intolerance does not run in my family and I never displayed these symptoms prior to taking this medication. Dexilant is the only medication that has changed in my regiment in the past few years and I am now unable to enjoy any dairy at all."

BbMills June 16, 2018

For GERD "I take Dexilant 60mg every other day. Then every other day I’ll take Nexium x 2-20mg capsules to offset the monthly cost of $295. Now (Dexilant) is lasting me 2 months with the added cost of Nexium @ $22 for 42 pills. It actually works pretty good this way. I’m only blessed with the mild case of wind (farts and burps). Every once in awhile I may get the squirts. All that I can deal with. Been taking this kind of mixture of meds for about 3 years now."

BriBar (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 30, 2018

For GERD "I recently have had burning in my upper belly everyday and it’s worse during the night I’ve went to at least 3 different doctors no one could help me or even cared really I finally found a great doctor that prescribed me this medicine and I have to say it worked so wonderful for my burning I experience everyday and night I slept through the night last night for the first time in months I am so happy to have this medicine."

Rippee.2218 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For GERD "Prevacid wasn't relieving my stomach pain so went to a walk in clinic. She gave me dexilant. After one dose I felt okay but still developed stomach pain after eating. The next day watery explosive dirrahea, plus headache all night and same day. All my family ate same thing but its only me. I'm stopping to see if this is the cause. I won't try again after seeing it happens a lot of people."

gnb (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For GERD "This medication has helped tremendously with the burning in my stomach and IBSc .. the only downside is it causes gassiness."

Tracy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

For GERD "On day 3 and nausea, vomiting and diarrhea has set in which I hoped would ease with time. Called my doc on day 7 and she said stop taking immediately. Second day without and I’m still nauseous! Hate that it worked but came with such nasty side effects. Back to doctor tomorrow to figure out what the next step is. Nexium 40mg twice a day for over 10 years began to fail and GERD was back with major symptoms not sure what’s next."

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For GERD "Pricey..but works great ..l feel it if I miss a day of using this drug"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2018

For GERD "I've have had Omeprazole for a year. Two months ago my throat started pain and I went to see my doctor. He put me dexilant 60mg, it works well first all and my throat is getting better. But after two weeks, it started diarrhea. Cramps in my stomach, fatigue. I have to stop for a week and see."

Tenzy123 March 6, 2018

For GERD "I love dexilant but can't see paying $135 for 30 pills."

cc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2018

For GERD "Oh my! After taking this med for 3 days, I felt human again after months of terrible pain even though I was prescribed several different Rxs. Just worried about when I have to go off of it. Until then, I will enjoy it."

sherry (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For GERD "Only thing that works for severe reflux, documented on X-ray. Trialled Prilosec, which did nothing, and nexium, which produced nausea. I still have some mild burning from time to time in the distal esophageal/stomach region, but nothing like it was. It’s still under patent and very costly. It costs $100 every three months on my insurance."

CrazyCatLady91040 January 29, 2018

For GERD "It almost killed me.... I have taken it for along time and about 5 days ago I started feeling wrong and getting chest pain until I ended up the ER. They couldn't find the issue so with this being the only medication I take I looked up side effects and there it was... I recommend avoiding this at all cost. Its now 2 days since I took it and my chest is feeling better but not great yet but it was for sure the dexilant."

Heart attack jim (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2018