User Reviews for Dexilant

GERD
6.8

Summary of Dexilant reviews 7.4 134 reviews

Reviews for Dexilant

For GERD "I recently have had burning in my upper belly everyday and it’s worse during the night I’ve went to at least 3 different doctors no one could help me or even cared really I finally found a great doctor that prescribed me this medicine and I have to say it worked so wonderful for my burning I experience everyday and night I slept through the night last night for the first time in months I am so happy to have this medicine."

Rippee.2218 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For GERD "Prevacid wasn't relieving my stomach pain so went to a walk in clinic. She gave me dexilant. After one dose I felt okay but still developed stomach pain after eating. The next day watery explosive dirrahea, plus headache all night and same day. All my family ate same thing but its only me. I'm stopping to see if this is the cause. I won't try again after seeing it happens a lot of people."

gnb (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For GERD "This medication has helped tremendously with the burning in my stomach and IBSc .. the only downside is it causes gassiness."

Tracy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

For GERD "On day 3 and nausea, vomiting and diarrhea has set in which I hoped would ease with time. Called my doc on day 7 and she said stop taking immediately. Second day without and I’m still nauseous! Hate that it worked but came with such nasty side effects. Back to doctor tomorrow to figure out what the next step is. Nexium 40mg twice a day for over 10 years began to fail and GERD was back with major symptoms not sure what’s next."

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For GERD "Pricey..but works great ..l feel it if I miss a day of using this drug"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2018

For GERD "I've have had Omeprazole for a year. Two months ago my throat started pain and I went to see my doctor. He put me dexilant 60mg, it works well first all and my throat is getting better. But after two weeks, it started diarrhea. Cramps in my stomach, fatigue. I have to stop for a week and see."

Tenzy123 March 6, 2018

For GERD "I love dexilant but can't see paying $135 for 30 pills."

cc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2018

For GERD "Oh my! After taking this med for 3 days, I felt human again after months of terrible pain even though I was prescribed several different Rxs. Just worried about when I have to go off of it. Until then, I will enjoy it."

sherry (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For GERD "Only thing that works for severe reflux, documented on X-ray. Trialled Prilosec, which did nothing, and nexium, which produced nausea. I still have some mild burning from time to time in the distal esophageal/stomach region, but nothing like it was. It’s still under patent and very costly. It costs $100 every three months on my insurance."

CrazyCatLady91040 January 29, 2018

For GERD "It almost killed me.... I have taken it for along time and about 5 days ago I started feeling wrong and getting chest pain until I ended up the ER. They couldn't find the issue so with this being the only medication I take I looked up side effects and there it was... I recommend avoiding this at all cost. Its now 2 days since I took it and my chest is feeling better but not great yet but it was for sure the dexilant."

Heart attack jim (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2018

For GERD "I started getting silent GERD issues that were hurting and bothering my throat... I tried prilosec but only got night panic attacks. So I went to the doctor. The doctor gave me free samples of Dexilant 60mg. At first, it gave me some relief, but now I’m having crazy side effects. Diarrhea, panic attacks, stomach cramps (bad), sweaty palms, headache. If I don’t take it right on time, my acid gets worse and then I get bad bad panic attacks (hyperventilations, racing heart). I don’t know what to do. It’s frustrating and I almost wish I never started this medication!"

D McD January 22, 2018

For GERD "Developed peeling rash on forehead, ears and chin."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

For GERD "Received samples from Dr's office to last for 1 month. My symptoms were stomach pain, heartburn and excessive burping for around 5 days before getting an appointment. Within 2 days all the symptoms described above were 90 percent better but almost from day 2 I started having very soft stools which could turn to loose stools later in day. Not uncommon to have 4-5 bowel movements in a day. Starting with week 4 I started feeling burning sensations in my back and the stomach pain and burping returned although has been to a lesser degree. I do not intend to take anymore and will explore other options with Dr. Do your research on PPI's they can act as a mask for more serious issues."

Harvey24 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

For GERD "This seemed to control my stomach discomfort. I don’t have typical reflux symptoms, but have been on PPIs (Nexium)for 5+ years because it helps control the pain in my stomach. I switched to Dexilant because I was still uncomfortable on Nexium. Immediate side effects were mostly cramping. After being on Dexilant for about 6 weeks, I started feeling brief, strange sensations all over my body. It felt like pin pricks, or a zing here or there in my arms, hands, legs, face, or scalp. Two weeks later those sensations have intensified. Instead of lasting a few seconds and going away or a while, numerous sensations occur again and again. I am scratching even though it doesn’t really itch. I stopped taking the drug as a result."

35 year old woman (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2017

For Barrett's Esophagus "Have heartburn without it. Only one that works. Been on it for 15 years. Dexilant the last 6 years."

Anonymous November 2, 2017

For GERD "Well, I'm new to this. Just had an esophagogastroduodenoscopy or EGD and was told after having problems for 20 years. That I have a very large Hietal Hernia and Eosinophilic Easophagitis and it would be helpful if I had the Hernia fixed by surgery and to start 60mg of Dexilant daily. The second day on meds and no GERD or choking which is one of my issues. Called RX line for help paying for it, instead of having to pay $260.00 I pay $39.95 a month. At least until I have the surgery. Hopefully with surgery I will be able to get off of if."

LoveGOD (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

For GERD "I have a hiatal hernia and GERD and this has been the only medicine that allows me to eat and keep it down. I can tell when I forget my pill."

Tiriabnegitcha October 18, 2017

For GERD "I had a bad experience with this drug. I have taken Zegrid for years and felt like I may need something stronger. My doctor gave me Dexilant 30 mg samples to try. I experienced nausea, body aches, stomach pain, gas and excessive burping. On second thought, I will keep using Zegrid! After one day of stopping this medicine, my symptoms went away."

LL27 October 12, 2017

For GERD "First week in to taking this drug was perfect. Second week onwards I suffered from nausea, fatigue, body ache, diarrhea, etc... I would recommend to stop this medication once side effects kick in. Other side effects I experienced were stomach ache, feeling weak and feeling uncomfortable swallowing food."

Shehada (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

For GERD "Was getting bad acid reflux within minutes of eating. After my EGD showed ulcers and inflammation my doctor put me on Dexilant 60 and within 2 days it was gone. My follow-up EGD showed no signs of ulcers, though I still have gastritis."

lz30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2017

For GERD "It all started well but about 3 days into the process of taking Dexilant 60mg once a day, all hell broke loose. I had explosive diarrhea and also had the feeling of wanting to vomit. I stopped taking the meds. After my endo and colonoscopy, my Gastroenterologist returned me to a lower 30mg dose. I already had my misgivings on the meds but as a good patient followed my Gastroenterologist's prescription. Right on the first dose I again experienced loose bowel movement as in every 15 to 20 minutes of watery discharge. I also immediately felt weak. This med gave such an adversed side effect that I decided not to take it anymore whatever wrath comes when I see my GE again. Plus it is very expensive."

Jeffrey Tan June 7, 2017

For GERD "I've taken Dexilant for 3 years and have had excellent results with no real side effects. Before that I was on Nexium for 8 years, but for some reason it became less effective for me and I ended up with serious esophagaitis (complicated by hiatal hernia). My doctor took me off Nexium, and I tried to survive for about 6 months on OTC antacids and modified diet. This did not work...I changed gastroenterologists and the new one prescribed Dexilant. It has worked very well for me ever since. My only issue has been stomach gas, not sure if that is a side effect or not. I also have to limit certain foods like onion, garlic, and similar "gassy" foods. The GERD is well controlled now, bottom line."

SnoopDave (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 29, 2017

For GERD "I have severe stomach issues, acid reflux, hiatal hernia and could not remember a day without indigestion non stop. Also just diagnosed with celiac disease. I had endoscopy and Dr put me in Dexilant 60 mg per day. After battle with insurance went from $360 to $60 with my insurance. I took it and was amazed no more indigestion or acid reflux. I was so happy but about a week or less into beginning this I am now hurting all over especially in my arms, chest and back. At first thought was getting the flu. Nothing helps with pain. Over the counter or prescription pain meds...nothing is helping. Was so sick one day last week could not go to work. Been searching online to see if the Dexilant is causing this and wondering how dangerous it might be"

RaggedyAnn211 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

For Barrett's Esophagus "I have weight loss surgery and was told my GERD would be cured after my surgery. Well they lied and it's actually worse. Dexilant is the only med that takes the edge off. However, it is so expensive. When I was on Obama care I paid over $300 a month for it. However, I have no choice but to take it or not eat. It's always a fight with me insurance company. I wish they would make a generic or make it cheaper. Hoping it is helping my barrettes esophagus so I don't get cancer."

AmandaNZacha (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2017

For GERD "I had endoscopy Thanks Goodness its not an ulcer or H.pylori. Since diagnosed with mild gastritis but then doctor gave me Dexilant, domperidone and Gaviscon . Its compulsory to take Dexilant everyday for 2 weeks , but then I had nausea all day, diarrhea 3-4 times a day, my body getting weak and no appetite, its getting worse in the office due to the side effect . After 10 days , I stopped. I could not take it anymore although nurse asking me to continue it. The day after, I could eat without having nausea anymore, I don't even need to go bathroom every time everyday. If you experience same thing like me, STOP it because your body has rejected and caused weak, body aches and cramps, nausea diarrhea. Trust me"

ria winata (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2017