User Reviews for Esomeprazole

Also known as: Nexium, Nexium 24HR, Nexium IV

Learn more about Esomeprazole.

NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer 4 reviews 6 medications

8.5
GERD 82 reviews 221 medications

Summary of Esomeprazole reviews 113 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Esomeprazole

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have been using Nexium for 10 years but not on daily basis, A 40mg would last me for 4 days before getting the symptoms again. It felt great and still feels great to get rid of that awful acidity. Causes for my GERD are eating habits, type of food (spicy, oily, sour, tea, sweets) also smoking is a major contributor. I couldn't give up on my habits and use Nexium to avoid acidity. Recently there's been strong debates against proton pump inhibitors (PPI) which Nexium is part of. Along with all the reviews against it and how it reduces bone density. A recent study says it can result in early death as PPI alters genes behavior. My advice, the full extent of side effects still not fully known avoid if you can."

mms3110gmail.com (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I was having a hard time having an appetite and getting full fast. It has helped me now eating better, I still have my IBS attacks with this pill or without it. Does help with acid reflux severe"

averagegirlychick (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have taken other reflux medicine. My gasteroenterologist suggested I try this one. This was a colossal mistake. I'll try to tell you what happened yesterday and you can judge for yourself. So I woke up the next day after taking it the previous night and felt awful. I felt like I was going crazy and my brain was a little bit messed up. I couldn't think straight. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. My fingertips were hurting. My muscles were aching. I had a hard time talking. The side effects were genuinely horrible, mentally and physically. It was one of the worst days I've had in a long time. I didn't take it after I went to bed and the next day and l woke up feeling fine. Avoid this drug."

For2nut (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer: "I have been having do really bad heartburn and was so excited to get the new nexium clear minis to try out ! I have been using them for 7 days and already so a huge difference!! I'm not waking up all night to heartburn!"

Centralflblonde13 May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Had some absolutely crazy bad stomach pains that felt like I was having a heart attack and was hospitalized a couple of times in the lead up to trying this drug. Have always had reflux but always kind of ignored it. Sometimes I'd wake up choking as I'd refluxed into my lungs while asleep. First i started this drug as prescribed taking 40mg every day and it instantly took away problems. But being a strong believer in not taking drugs if possible I stopped taking it every day. Now I only take it when I actually feel burning which might only be once or twice a month. And within minutes a feel better. Not saying to follow my lead but this works for me. I think using this drug as I am and getting the relief I'm getting is absolutely wonderful."

Strapping April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "I tried all drug for GERD like pantoperazole , omprezole , lansoperzole ,ranitidine but get 50% relief. I just used esomprezole 40 mg and got me 100% relief. Life saver. I am very happy find this."

ehsan372 March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Works really well with no side effects"

NexIAM (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Taking for first time stared 6 days ago and it is not helping and seems to be making condition worse. Lots of swallowing, stomach noises, dry cough, and lack of energy. Disappointed. Is it safe to just discontinue use?"

Marie Marie Marie December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have a severe acid reflux and my doctor recommended Nexium. I took it only 5 days and experienced no difference whatsoever. Absolutely no change. I still have severe acids and to be honest the drug seemed to make my symptoms worse. As well I am 100% sure it interacts with antidepressants and lowers their effectiveness! So if you are taking SSRI, please be aware!"

Bbwasil (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis: "I was prescribed Nexium 40mg approx 2 years ago at our local hospital after being diagnosed as having a quantity of small duodenal ulcers. No side effects were evident for the first week or so but then I started to feel aches and pains all too easily, later developing mood swings, quite extreme at times. I informed my doctor who dismissed my claims,( I do not lie! )After just under the two years of taking Nexium, I decided to take things into my own hands, I discovered Slippery Elm capsules. I am now into my fifth month of taking only one capsule a day having weaned myself off the Nexium, interspersed with Slippery Elm in the first week. I now have no side effects and with care have little or no acid indigestion."

Elfling (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I've taken One Nexium 40mg for 13 years . It has been very helpful. Could only eat baby food when diagnosed. When my health insurance said I had to use the Generic Brand I tried it for five days, began having very bad episodes of heart burn. They have agreed to pay for the name brand."

Smittie (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "I have had GERD for almost one year, and this med is the only one that seems to be working for me, as always its not 100% effective since I still have night symptoms sometimes, but its way better than any other med out there ( I've tried out omeprazol and lansoprazole, and no one of them were efficient for me). On the other hand, I didn't notice any important side effects, the only one mentionable is some queasiness when I'm in the bus/car and I'm not watching the road ( I'm looking to the phone), which is something I've experienced very rarely before starting the esomeprazole treatment."

Sizi (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I took Nexium for all of three days. In that time I found it to be extremely effective in managing my reflux/stomach symptoms. However, within a day I noticed severe anxiety surfacing. I take Aropax (paroxetine) for depression and this is not on the list of medications that is counterindicative. I do note that being magnesium deficient is but my doctor would not care enough to know that I have always had this deficiency. I do not normally suffer from headaches but began to have gentle pains in my head, getting worse over the time. The head pain and anxiety lasted as long as the effect on my stomach which was a number of days after I stopped taking the medication."

CherrieR (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Side effects are horrible. Fatigue,dizziness,foggy head,aching muscles & burning toes."

Cowy October 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium IV (esomeprazole) for GERD: "SO....acid blockers pretty much changed my life. First was Pepcid (when it was prescription) than Zantac than the PPI's. The PPi's were a bit better. I got Acephix then Nexium. Before these wonder drugs came about I had CHRONIC gastro issues that eventually led to a week long stay at the hospital because of an ulcer. Anyway, been taking Nexium; works great. Prescription plan covered it than the patent runs out and they put it OTC. I get the generic & it's good but not as good. The OTC Nexium sucked! Now, Barock Insane O bOnghit stumbles in to the Whitehouse and screws up healthcare. Now generic Nexium is $175 because it's not covered under my prescription plan. Thanks, guys you really know ho to screw things up!"

Fred Alexander (taken for 10 years or more) October 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium 24HR (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Love it, it's a life saver and if u forget to take it, you will get upset."

Vidor (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I was put on this for GERD and to heal my esophagus for an upper GI. I was only on it for a few weeks before i was hit out of nowhere with crippling stomach cramps and diarrhea that lasted for hours. My hands were shaky and would go numb which they had never done before. This happened twice, each a week apart before we discovered the pill was behind it. Once i stopped taking it every symptom stopped, the shakiness and numbness, cramping and diarrhea all stopped. This pill had no effect on my GERD either it just created misery for me, I still do not know why I got such a reaction from this pill."

Lila2015 September 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Heartburn has interfered with my life for years and I can now honestly say Nexium has transformed my life. What an astounding difference - I could not believe it. My daughter recommended I try it, to say I was sceptical is an understatement. I think this is a wonder pill. No more waking in the night and taking antacid liquids or tablets. No more popping antacid tablets numerous times a day. What a fantastic relief. Brilliant really isn't strong enough to explain the difference."

Bobbles1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Works well, still get a little esophageal pain. I think I need 80mg instead of 40mg"

stormy699 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I am 41 years old and my blood pressure has risen. I'm told that I am spilling protein. I'm put on 10 mg. of zestril per day. I take the same amount even today. Zestril has a kidney protector in the drug. 2007 I'm taken to a hospital where they have a heat team waiting, but I'm told it's my stomach! I'm put on Prilosec, in 2010 I'm put on nexium. In the spring of 2016 I'm told that can not take nexium anymore because it can cause kidney issues! This summer I'm told that I have cyst all over my kidneys."

White Ghost June 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I can only speak FOR Nexium. It has literally changed my life for the better. I was fighting with GERD now for the past three years of my life. Terrible years, constant heartburn, increasing chest pains, I would wake up in the middle of the night and have my lungs full of acid. Then I could not lay back down because the acid taste would just make me even sicker. I was taking all kinds of acid blockers and nothing really worked. Then I finally tried Nexium and from day one it has changed EVERYTHING for the better. My heartburn is gone, completely. No more reflux, heartburn, chest pains, nothing. It is amazing. I had only slight side effects on day 2 but they went away and now I am just perfectly well. Amazing. Thank you!!"

PFP (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer: "This was one of the best free samples I have gotten.. 14 day free sample and now Nexium 24 hour has a customer for life!! Love it!! I can now do all the things I used to with out being in pain!"

mom96 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Wake up people. Google Nexium deaths for a real eye opener. I admit I took Nexium too long, over a year. The bad side effects came along gradually, and worsened as time went on. That is the only daily pharmaceutical drug I took. I did take vitamins frequently. First, pressure to go to the bathroom was noticed. I was checked for a UTI which was negative. I developed screaming migraine headaches which at 64 I had never had. When acute mouth dryness occurred, I thought I was diabetic for sure. I developed both dull pain in the kidney areas, and an aching under the shoulder blades. Bowel movements were slow, and difficult. I developed puffy spots under the eyes, and several doctors told me it was allergies which was frustrating. It was Nexium."

AndeA April 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Used Nexium for over 14 years. You need to stop taking this medication or any acid reducer medication 3 days before use of any antibiotics. IF you do not then you can get a infection that is quit dangerous called Clostridia Difficile or C. Diff which gives you diarrhea and paralyzed colon! The bacteria eats away at the lining of the Large Intestine until you bleed out, have diarrhea, and colon cancer and/or polyps! Use only for 3 days and stay off until you start having symptoms again; then use it again for 3 days, (72 hours) as that is how long your colon needs to regenerate! STOP! Then repeat! If you have trouble sleeping use Benadryl intermittently!"

Klepanga March 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "other meds had moderate success in treating my symptoms, Nexium has been 100% effective for me."

joe224 February 29, 2016