User Reviews for Esomeprazole

Gastric Ulcer Prophylaxis

Summary of Esomeprazole reviews 7.9 138 reviews

Reviews for Esomeprazole

Bill · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "This drug is dangerous. I was given an 8 month prescription for acid reflux. At first I didn't notice any bad side effects, but after about 3 months things have really deteriorated. At first I thought I was tired from pushing myself hard with my work, and workout routine. But then a started feeling nauseous and it persisted for three days, then I began having severe joint pains to the point where I could hardly walk. Also feeling of panic, insomnia, and blood when I go to the toilet. But the worst has been MY HAIR FALLING OUT!!! I thought I was imagining it at first, but now my whole head has gone flaky/scabbing and I've lost about a third of my hair. I'm going straight to my doctor on Monday for a blood test. Current I'm bed ridden. Stay well away from this medication it's not worth the risks."

anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2019

Nexium 24HR (esomeprazole) for : "Taking Nexium 24 everyday has helped me greatly. The foods that normally give me heartburn I can now consume. I've had no side effects either."

Kaydee · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I took one Nexium and had some frightening neurological or central nervous system response. I was trembling uncontrollably, broke out in a cold sweat, was weak, and nauseous. It terrified me! The only other time I have had a reaction like this was to a flu shot. I will never take either, again!"

Toby · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 6, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Diagnosed w/ Barrett's 10 months ago and on 20 mg Nexium once daily per MD. Barrett's less than 1 cm. Have changed to plant based diet. Some constipation issues but can be tolerated. Also have osteopenia and just finished Fosamax. Next endoscopy in August. Hopefully Nexium dosage is sufficient. Consuming protein, potassium, vit D & K, calcium plus exercise for my bones so I hope this helps."

Koppie · Taken for 10 years or more February 2, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Been on Nexium 40mg per day for 14 yrs. No side effects and reflux is well controlled"

J · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2019

Nexium 24HR (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I was taking pantoprazole in October and it help with the acid reflux . After taking for a week start having burning in my arm, shoulder, legs, stomach. But like a crazy person I kept taking it. Start having anxiety and I started losing weight - 18 pounds within one months. But eventually I got myself off of it and start taking taking nexium and it did not work either, I started lose patches of my hair. I stated research both medications and they both were in the worst pill list. I’m now taking Zantac 150 hopefully this will work."

YL · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "My doctor prescribe Nexium 40mg after endoscopy result that I've hiatus hinea and gastritis. The next day work up feeling terrible, stomach discomfort burping the whole time. I don't even have this symptoms before taking Nexium. By evening I felt my whole body so weak, can't sleep , anxiety, heart palpitation. Next morning, were slightly better but because I did not know it was the effect of the medicine I continue to take. By evening I felt like dying, the next morning admitted to hospital for IV drip . Stay a night and the doctor said which probably could be viral infection. But after discharge , I took Nexium again. True enough the whole attack happen again. I did not take today, but the side effect is still there. Hopefully it will go off soon. Not bearable. This drugs done more damage to me and not helping at all."

FrustratedGal · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Hi..So I was taking Nexium 40 mg. I took it for a months . It didn't really work. I kept taking it thinking that maybe it takes time , but all I can say is it made my Anxiety worse! Every morning my ears were ringing so loud & my head felt fuzzy. I hated that feeling! I Would feel chest pains as well. My GI Dr. Said that was from heartburn, but honestly I knew it was the Nexium. I still keep taking it like a dummy because people I knew had a great experience with this Med... In the end I threw them away. Everyone is different & this for me was just toxic. Try it out & see how it goes. It works for some people :)"

Mike F · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 16, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I thought the Nexium Clear Minis would be a good choice since they're so small they should be very easy to swallow. Today I think I aspirated the capsule as I took it early this morning and coughed it up finally this evening. In the windpipe it didn't dissolve like it would in the esophagus and stomach so it was partially intact. Scary and relieved that it didn't go further into my lungs!!!"

Abba777 November 4, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I just want to say that if you have GERD and have a history of aspiration pneumonia, Do Not replace rxnexium 40MG with the OTC 24hr Nexium. They Are Not The same, after my mother wanted to try the otc Nexium for a few months, she developed Aspiration pneumonia after not having it for many years (10), she passed away"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Absolutely awful drug.... I took it for 3 days.. yes it worked by removing the incessant burning...However...the side effects were horrific and take quite some time to get rid of... day 4 chest pain out of the blue lasting for several minutes ended up in the emergency room..ecg normal...lethargy ,anxiety, terrible stomach cramps, diarrhoea, back pain, limb weakness, neck pain and cramps, swaying.... this drug is SO toxic....it took a week or two for it to all subside."

shella October 21, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Will distroy your kidneys. Do not take this drug is poison . You have a 96 percent chance of kidney failure if you take this drug. Time for a civil lawsuit."

Geno September 29, 2018

For Gastric Ulcer Prophylaxis: "It does not work and is not the same as Nexium brand . Big difference"

Swan · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 5, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I was put on nexium 40 mg daily 8 months ago for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It has nearly killed me. I thought I was developing MS as every muscle twitches and spasms, my skin itches, I have involuntary movements and worst of all I've got such an acutely dry mouth that I can no longer even eat. I've gone from a healthy person with GERD to an invalid. Finally my now critical illness has been found to be a reaction to the build up of nexium in my body over 8 months. I've been told to stop it immediately. Now I can no longer take any PPI and have such increased acid flow that I don't know what will become of me. How come this killer drug doesn't come with a strong warning? And why don't the doctors warn you?"

Tengo · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I started taking Omeprazole 20mg 25 years ago, then continue with esomeprazole and Nexium, no stop, I can’t quit, heartburn is coming back immediately even taking only water, no food. With Nexium, I’m able to eat almost all food without heartburn. Regardless of potential side effect, the doctor advised not to try to quit. My acid reflux is not treatable but Nexium perfectly works work me. No side effects or discomfort >20 years of my experience"

Riot10 · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 8, 2018

Nexium 24HR (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Asthma Physician prescribed Nexium 40mg for me after I needed to use my asthma inhaler 4 times a day. Over time, I was diagnosed with long standing Hiatal Hernia and GERD. I continue to use Nexium to manage my breakthrough Reflux and the result has been wonderful for me, save for occasional nuisance bloating. Thanks."

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more April 25, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have been taking nexium for over 14 years now and can not speak highly enough of this drug. Before Nexium I was eating quikezze like they were lollies. Now one 20mg dose all this time daily with the only side effect being gas in the mornings. This has been a wonder drug for me"

Gris · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I took nexium for 14 days for GERD problems...first week notice a difference on my GERD symptoms the only side effect on my first week with Nexium was diarrhea, on second week my side effects got bad ..every day head ache day and night , feeling tired all day, muscle pain on my back my shoulders my neck and my cheek bones, trouble falling asleep at night ..hope all this bad side effects go away soon"

Texasborn April 9, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I was prescribed 40 mg. My insurance suddenly stop paying for it, nothing else worked. I switched to equate esomeprazole magnesium which works great and is saving me a ton"

Carol · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 24, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I’ve had Barretts Esophagus for ten years & of all the meds prescribed, Nexium for Barretts Esophagus has been only one that saves me from horrible acid reflux. When insurance refused to pay any longer I attempted to treat my disease myself with many supplements for GERD. I ended up with severely inflamed esophagus and a related stricture the Dr dilated at time of endoscopy. He informed me I must return to Nexium with no substitutes indefinitely as it is protecting me from getting cancer of the esophagus due to having Barretts. The inflammation healed right away once I was back on Nexium."

PS March 24, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I started Proton Pump Inhibitors after cancer treatment in 1998. I started with a mild medicine and progressed as things got worse to Nexium twice a day. I haven't had the side affects others seem to have had so I guess I am lucky in that way. It has helped the acid reflux for sure. But one side effect I haven't seen here is ED. For Men taking this medication, if you begin to experience ED consult your doc and see if there is something else that could be used"

Dusty · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I took Nexium for three days (20 mg) and stopped due to explosive coughing which started day two. It intensified my asthma and caused diarrhea. I’m now five days out from stopping this drug, and I can’t get rid of these side effects. For me, this was a horrible drug."

ks · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "My side affects were insomnia, fatigue and abdominal pain. It helped my condition, for best result use it for 4 weeks. Modifying diet is very important."

Nina Morfin January 4, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: " It is good medication as it helped me, it was 14 days of treatment but its side effects if they were strong for me, I suffered from anxiety, agitation and tachycardia, but when the treatment was finished the symptoms disappeared gradually."

Eddie 5 November 23, 2017

Nexium 24HR (esomeprazole) for GERD: "had GERD for 3 weeks couldn't even sleep at night. So I decided to try nexium 24 hour after a bit of research. I've been on it now for 5 days and for me it works wonders. Now I can even eat , got my appetite back. All I can say after reading a lot of reviews pros and cons it really helped me but to each his or hers own. I had nothing to lose."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)