User Reviews for Esomeprazole

Also known as: Nexium, Nexium 24HR, Nexium IV

Learn more about Esomeprazole.

NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer 3 reviews 6 medications

GERD 79 reviews 220 medications

8.1
Summary of Esomeprazole reviews 109 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Esomeprazole

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Had some absolutely crazy bad stomach pains that felt like I was having a heart attack and was hospitalized a couple of times in the lead up to trying this drug. Have always had reflux but always kind of ignored it. Sometimes I'd wake up choking as I'd refluxed into my lungs while asleep. First i started this drug as prescribed taking 40mg every day and it instantly took away problems. But being a strong believer in not taking drugs if possible I stopped taking it every day. Now I only take it when I actually feel burning which might only be once or twice a month. And within minutes a feel better. Not saying to follow my lead but this works for me. I think using this drug as I am and getting the relief I'm getting is absolutely wonderful."

Strapping April 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD: "I tried all drug for GERD like pantoperazole , omprezole , lansoperzole ,ranitidine but get 50% relief. I just used esomprezole 40 mg and got me 100% relief. Life saver. I am very happy find this."

ehsan372 March 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Works really well with no side effects"

NexIAM (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Taking for first time stared 6 days ago and it is not helping and seems to be making condition worse. Lots of swallowing, stomach noises, dry cough, and lack of energy. Disappointed. Is it safe to just discontinue use?"

Marie Marie Marie December 29, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have a severe acid reflux and my doctor recommended Nexium. I took it only 5 days and experienced no difference whatsoever. Absolutely no change. I still have severe acids and to be honest the drug seemed to make my symptoms worse. As well I am 100% sure it interacts with antidepressants and lowers their effectiveness! So if you are taking SSRI, please be aware!"

Bbwasil (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis: "I was prescribed Nexium 40mg approx 2 years ago at our local hospital after being diagnosed as having a quantity of small duodenal ulcers. No side effects were evident for the first week or so but then I started to feel aches and pains all too easily, later developing mood swings, quite extreme at times. I informed my doctor who dismissed my claims,( I do not lie! )After just under the two years of taking Nexium, I decided to take things into my own hands, I discovered Slippery Elm capsules. I am now into my fifth month of taking only one capsule a day having weaned myself off the Nexium, interspersed with Slippery Elm in the first week. I now have no side effects and with care have little or no acid indigestion."

Elfling (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 16, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I've taken One Nexium 40mg for 13 years . It has been very helpful. Could only eat baby food when diagnosed. When my health insurance said I had to use the Generic Brand I tried it for five days, began having very bad episodes of heart burn. They have agreed to pay for the name brand."

Smittie (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD: "I have had GERD for almost one year, and this med is the only one that seems to be working for me, as always its not 100% effective since I still have night symptoms sometimes, but its way better than any other med out there ( I've tried out omeprazol and lansoprazole, and no one of them were efficient for me). On the other hand, I didn't notice any important side effects, the only one mentionable is some queasiness when I'm in the bus/car and I'm not watching the road ( I'm looking to the phone), which is something I've experienced very rarely before starting the esomeprazole treatment."

Sizi (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I took Nexium for all of three days. In that time I found it to be extremely effective in managing my reflux/stomach symptoms. However, within a day I noticed severe anxiety surfacing. I take Aropax (paroxetine) for depression and this is not on the list of medications that is counterindicative. I do note that being magnesium deficient is but my doctor would not care enough to know that I have always had this deficiency. I do not normally suffer from headaches but began to have gentle pains in my head, getting worse over the time. The head pain and anxiety lasted as long as the effect on my stomach which was a number of days after I stopped taking the medication."

CherrieR (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Side effects are horrible. Fatigue,dizziness,foggy head,aching muscles & burning toes."

Cowy October 10, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium IV (esomeprazole) for GERD: "SO....acid blockers pretty much changed my life. First was Pepcid (when it was prescription) than Zantac than the PPI's. The PPi's were a bit better. I got Acephix then Nexium. Before these wonder drugs came about I had CHRONIC gastro issues that eventually led to a week long stay at the hospital because of an ulcer. Anyway, been taking Nexium; works great. Prescription plan covered it than the patent runs out and they put it OTC. I get the generic & it's good but not as good. The OTC Nexium sucked! Now, Barock Insane O bOnghit stumbles in to the Whitehouse and screws up healthcare. Now generic Nexium is $175 because it's not covered under my prescription plan. Thanks, guys you really know ho to screw things up!"

Fred Alexander (taken for 10 years or more) October 1, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium 24HR (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Love it, it's a life saver and if u forget to take it, you will get upset."

Vidor (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I was put on this for GERD and to heal my esophagus for an upper GI. I was only on it for a few weeks before i was hit out of nowhere with crippling stomach cramps and diarrhea that lasted for hours. My hands were shaky and would go numb which they had never done before. This happened twice, each a week apart before we discovered the pill was behind it. Once i stopped taking it every symptom stopped, the shakiness and numbness, cramping and diarrhea all stopped. This pill had no effect on my GERD either it just created misery for me, I still do not know why I got such a reaction from this pill."

Lila2015 September 2, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Heartburn has interfered with my life for years and I can now honestly say Nexium has transformed my life. What an astounding difference - I could not believe it. My daughter recommended I try it, to say I was sceptical is an understatement. I think this is a wonder pill. No more waking in the night and taking antacid liquids or tablets. No more popping antacid tablets numerous times a day. What a fantastic relief. Brilliant really isn't strong enough to explain the difference."

Bobbles1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD: "Works well, still get a little esophageal pain. I think I need 80mg instead of 40mg"

stormy699 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I am 41 years old and my blood pressure has risen. I'm told that I am spilling protein. I'm put on 10 mg. of zestril per day. I take the same amount even today. Zestril has a kidney protector in the drug. 2007 I'm taken to a hospital where they have a heat team waiting, but I'm told it's my stomach! I'm put on Prilosec, in 2010 I'm put on nexium. In the spring of 2016 I'm told that can not take nexium anymore because it can cause kidney issues! This summer I'm told that I have cyst all over my kidneys."

White Ghost June 25, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I can only speak FOR Nexium. It has literally changed my life for the better. I was fighting with GERD now for the past three years of my life. Terrible years, constant heartburn, increasing chest pains, I would wake up in the middle of the night and have my lungs full of acid. Then I could not lay back down because the acid taste would just make me even sicker. I was taking all kinds of acid blockers and nothing really worked. Then I finally tried Nexium and from day one it has changed EVERYTHING for the better. My heartburn is gone, completely. No more reflux, heartburn, chest pains, nothing. It is amazing. I had only slight side effects on day 2 but they went away and now I am just perfectly well. Amazing. Thank you!!"

PFP (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer: "This was one of the best free samples I have gotten.. 14 day free sample and now Nexium 24 hour has a customer for life!! Love it!! I can now do all the things I used to with out being in pain!"

mom96 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Wake up people. Google Nexium deaths for a real eye opener. I admit I took Nexium too long, over a year. The bad side effects came along gradually, and worsened as time went on. That is the only daily pharmaceutical drug I took. I did take vitamins frequently. First, pressure to go to the bathroom was noticed. I was checked for a UTI which was negative. I developed screaming migraine headaches which at 64 I had never had. When acute mouth dryness occurred, I thought I was diabetic for sure. I developed both dull pain in the kidney areas, and an aching under the shoulder blades. Bowel movements were slow, and difficult. I developed puffy spots under the eyes, and several doctors told me it was allergies which was frustrating. It was Nexium."

AndeA April 2, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Used Nexium for over 14 years. You need to stop taking this medication or any acid reducer medication 3 days before use of any antibiotics. IF you do not then you can get a infection that is quit dangerous called Clostridia Difficile or C. Diff which gives you diarrhea and paralyzed colon! The bacteria eats away at the lining of the Large Intestine until you bleed out, have diarrhea, and colon cancer and/or polyps! Use only for 3 days and stay off until you start having symptoms again; then use it again for 3 days, (72 hours) as that is how long your colon needs to regenerate! STOP! Then repeat! If you have trouble sleeping use Benadryl intermittently!"

Klepanga March 27, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "other meds had moderate success in treating my symptoms, Nexium has been 100% effective for me."

joe224 February 29, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have been taking 40mg of Nexium twice a day for about a year. Prior to that I was taking a single 40mg dose per day, however I began to have more problems with acid reflux. I began to lose my voice and had frequent chest pains. The doctor doubled my dose and it seems to have helped. No more chest pains and my voice is normal again. I did everything the doctor suggested, I don't eat or drink things that would make it worse. I elevated my bed, stopped drinking coffee, etc. Now seeing reports on television how taking Nexium for long periods can increase the risk of heart attacks, heart failure, and now dementia, my concern level is high. I'm just wondering what other people have done to help cut back on Nexium. thank you."

Douglas Silverado February 17, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have never in my life felt so horrible than what I do now. I have taken this med for 4 days , I have been nauseous everyday, diarrhea and my stomach hurts gas etc... I can not believe this med would make me feel this way when it is supposed to help. Maybe some people do well on it but I can not do this anymore. I feel worse than what I did when I started it. I will just go back to taking my generic Famotidine everyday. It works and works right away. I don't even care at this point that Famotidine doesn't heal, it just mask the symptoms. I don't care! I just know no more Nexium for me . It can all burn!! Like the feeling I have in my stomach right now from taking it. Thanks for letting me give my honest review. G'Day"

Ash d January 18, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I have been with horrible chest pressure for the last 2 weeks. Impossible to sleep. I have lost around 6lb, today I went to the doctor office and she send me Nexium. She tells me I have esophagitis. With just the first pill, all my pains have disappeared! I hope it continues this way, as I can enjoy life again."

impachan (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I've been on Nexium, 40 mg, one per day for about 4 years. I don't really watch my diet like I should but I've had no issues at all, never any throat burn like I had prior to Nexium. I do have Barrett's and should be more careful about foods I eat but I don't eat a lot of anything, that helps. I do drink coffee sometimes, tomato based sauces, etc. I don't seem to have side effects from Nexium."

Nina2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2016