User Reviews for Esomeprazole

7.9

Gastric Ulcer ProphylaxisNot rated - Be the first1 review 0 medications
Summary of Esomeprazole reviews 8.2 125 reviews

Reviews for Esomeprazole

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I started taking Omeprazole 20mg 25 years ago, then continue with esomeprazole and Nexium, no stop, I can’t quit, heartburn is coming back immediately even taking only water, no food. With Nexium, I’m able to eat almost all food without heartburn. Regardless of potential side effect, the doctor advised not to try to quit. My acid reflux is not treatable but Nexium perfectly works work me. No side effects or discomfort >20 years of my experience"

Tengo (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2018

Nexium 24HR (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Asthma Physician prescribed Nexium 40mg for me after I needed to use my asthma inhaler 4 times a day. Over time, I was diagnosed with long standing Hiatal Hernia and GERD. I continue to use Nexium to manage my breakthrough Reflux and the result has been wonderful for me, save for occasional nuisance bloating. Thanks."

Riot10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 8, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have been taking nexium for over 14 years now and can not speak highly enough of this drug. Before Nexium I was eating quikezze like they were lollies. Now one 20mg dose all this time daily with the only side effect being gas in the mornings. This has been a wonder drug for me"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) April 25, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I took nexium for 14 days for GERD problems...first week notice a difference on my GERD symptoms the only side effect on my first week with Nexium was diarrhea, on second week my side effects got bad ..every day head ache day and night , feeling tired all day, muscle pain on my back my shoulders my neck and my cheek bones, trouble falling asleep at night ..hope all this bad side effects go away soon"

Gris (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I was prescribed 40 mg. My insurance suddenly stop paying for it, nothing else worked. I switched to equate esomeprazole magnesium which works great and is saving me a ton"

Texasborn April 9, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I’ve had Barretts Esophagus for ten years & of all the meds prescribed, Nexium for Barretts Esophagus has been only one that saves me from horrible acid reflux. When insurance refused to pay any longer I attempted to treat my disease myself with many supplements for GERD. I ended up with severely inflamed esophagus and a related stricture the Dr dilated at time of endoscopy. He informed me I must return to Nexium with no substitutes indefinitely as it is protecting me from getting cancer of the esophagus due to having Barretts. The inflammation healed right away once I was back on Nexium."

Carol (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I started Proton Pump Inhibitors after cancer treatment in 1998. I started with a mild medicine and progressed as things got worse to Nexium twice a day. I haven't had the side affects others seem to have had so I guess I am lucky in that way. It has helped the acid reflux for sure. But one side effect I haven't seen here is ED. For Men taking this medication, if you begin to experience ED consult your doc and see if there is something else that could be used"

PS March 24, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I took Nexium for three days (20 mg) and stopped due to explosive coughing which started day two. It intensified my asthma and caused diarrhea. I’m now five days out from stopping this drug, and I can’t get rid of these side effects. For me, this was a horrible drug."

Dusty (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "My side affects were insomnia, fatigue and abdominal pain. It helped my condition, for best result use it for 4 weeks. Modifying diet is very important."

ks (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: " It is good medication as it helped me, it was 14 days of treatment but its side effects if they were strong for me, I suffered from anxiety, agitation and tachycardia, but when the treatment was finished the symptoms disappeared gradually."

Nina Morfin January 4, 2018

Nexium 24HR (esomeprazole) for GERD: "had GERD for 3 weeks couldn't even sleep at night. So I decided to try nexium 24 hour after a bit of research. I've been on it now for 5 days and for me it works wonders. Now I can even eat , got my appetite back. All I can say after reading a lot of reviews pros and cons it really helped me but to each his or hers own. I had nothing to lose."

Eddie 5 November 23, 2017

For GERD: "Stress/anxiety ...GERD...always occurs. Worst is the revolting acid in nose and throat, waking in the middle of the night. For around 20 years. Other medication, ineffective...discovered, eventually, that certain foods, plus stress.. guaranteed GERD....One excellent treatment proved to be "Lait ribot"..always a bottle of it available. It's sour milk, like very thin yogurt. Eventually. ordinary milk, if drunk as soon as any symptoms occurred, stops a full on attack.. Best was to discover my own WORST gerd causing, foods, eg meat, bread, citrus fruits, cider, etc.. But medication essential for stressful business trips, with unidentifiable foods. Woke up at 2 am. Forgot the effect of cider! ..terrible acid. Just.One Pill! Gerd GONE!!!!"

Homi Nid (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have been using Nexium for 10 years but not on daily basis, A 40mg would last me for 4 days before getting the symptoms again. It felt great and still feels great to get rid of that awful acidity. Causes for my GERD are eating habits, type of food (spicy, oily, sour, tea, sweets) also smoking is a major contributor. I couldn't give up on my habits and use Nexium to avoid acidity. Recently there's been strong debates against proton pump inhibitors (PPI) which Nexium is part of. Along with all the reviews against it and how it reduces bone density. A recent study says it can result in early death as PPI alters genes behavior. My advice, the full extent of side effects still not fully known avoid if you can."

mms3110gmail.com (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2017

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I was having a hard time having an appetite and getting full fast. It has helped me now eating better, I still have my IBS attacks with this pill or without it. Does help with acid reflux severe"

averagegirlychick (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have taken other reflux medicine. My gasteroenterologist suggested I try this one. This was a colossal mistake. I'll try to tell you what happened yesterday and you can judge for yourself. So I woke up the next day after taking it the previous night and felt awful. I felt like I was going crazy and my brain was a little bit messed up. I couldn't think straight. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. My fingertips were hurting. My muscles were aching. I had a hard time talking. The side effects were genuinely horrible, mentally and physically. It was one of the worst days I've had in a long time. I didn't take it after I went to bed and the next day and l woke up feeling fine. Avoid this drug."

For2nut (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

Nexium (esomeprazole) for NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer: "I have been having do really bad heartburn and was so excited to get the new nexium clear minis to try out ! I have been using them for 7 days and already so a huge difference!! I'm not waking up all night to heartburn!"

Centralflblonde13 May 17, 2017

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Had some absolutely crazy bad stomach pains that felt like I was having a heart attack and was hospitalized a couple of times in the lead up to trying this drug. Have always had reflux but always kind of ignored it. Sometimes I'd wake up choking as I'd refluxed into my lungs while asleep. First i started this drug as prescribed taking 40mg every day and it instantly took away problems. But being a strong believer in not taking drugs if possible I stopped taking it every day. Now I only take it when I actually feel burning which might only be once or twice a month. And within minutes a feel better. Not saying to follow my lead but this works for me. I think using this drug as I am and getting the relief I'm getting is absolutely wonderful."

Strapping April 17, 2017

For GERD: "I tried all drug for GERD like pantoperazole , omprezole , lansoperzole ,ranitidine but get 50% relief. I just used esomprezole 40 mg and got me 100% relief. Life saver. I am very happy find this."

ehsan372 March 11, 2017

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Works really well with no side effects"

NexIAM (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2017

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Taking for first time stared 6 days ago and it is not helping and seems to be making condition worse. Lots of swallowing, stomach noises, dry cough, and lack of energy. Disappointed. Is it safe to just discontinue use?"

Marie Marie Marie December 29, 2016

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have a severe acid reflux and my doctor recommended Nexium. I took it only 5 days and experienced no difference whatsoever. Absolutely no change. I still have severe acids and to be honest the drug seemed to make my symptoms worse. As well I am 100% sure it interacts with antidepressants and lowers their effectiveness! So if you are taking SSRI, please be aware!"

Bbwasil (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2016

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis: "I was prescribed Nexium 40mg approx 2 years ago at our local hospital after being diagnosed as having a quantity of small duodenal ulcers. No side effects were evident for the first week or so but then I started to feel aches and pains all too easily, later developing mood swings, quite extreme at times. I informed my doctor who dismissed my claims,( I do not lie! )After just under the two years of taking Nexium, I decided to take things into my own hands, I discovered Slippery Elm capsules. I am now into my fifth month of taking only one capsule a day having weaned myself off the Nexium, interspersed with Slippery Elm in the first week. I now have no side effects and with care have little or no acid indigestion."

Elfling (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 16, 2016

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I've taken One Nexium 40mg for 13 years . It has been very helpful. Could only eat baby food when diagnosed. When my health insurance said I had to use the Generic Brand I tried it for five days, began having very bad episodes of heart burn. They have agreed to pay for the name brand."

Smittie (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2016

For GERD: "I have had GERD for almost one year, and this med is the only one that seems to be working for me, as always its not 100% effective since I still have night symptoms sometimes, but its way better than any other med out there ( I've tried out omeprazol and lansoprazole, and no one of them were efficient for me). On the other hand, I didn't notice any important side effects, the only one mentionable is some queasiness when I'm in the bus/car and I'm not watching the road ( I'm looking to the phone), which is something I've experienced very rarely before starting the esomeprazole treatment."

Sizi (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2016

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I took Nexium for all of three days. In that time I found it to be extremely effective in managing my reflux/stomach symptoms. However, within a day I noticed severe anxiety surfacing. I take Aropax (paroxetine) for depression and this is not on the list of medications that is counterindicative. I do note that being magnesium deficient is but my doctor would not care enough to know that I have always had this deficiency. I do not normally suffer from headaches but began to have gentle pains in my head, getting worse over the time. The head pain and anxiety lasted as long as the effect on my stomach which was a number of days after I stopped taking the medication."

CherrieR (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016