User Reviews for Esomeprazole (Page 5)

Also known as: Nexium, Nexium 24HR, Nexium IV

Gastric Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.0
Summary of Esomeprazole reviews 6.9 186 reviews

Reviews for Esomeprazole

Ash d January 18, 2016

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have never in my life felt so horrible than what I do now. I have taken this med for 4 days , I have been nauseous everyday, diarrhea and my stomach hurts gas etc... I can not believe this med would make me feel this way when it is supposed to help. Maybe some people do well on it but I can not do this anymore. I feel worse than what I did when I started it. I will just go back to taking my generic Famotidine everyday. It works and works right away. I don't even care at this point that Famotidine doesn't heal, it just mask the symptoms. I don't care! I just know no more Nexium for me . It can all burn!! Like the feeling I have in my stomach right now from taking it. Thanks for letting me give my honest review. G'Day”

impachan · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2016

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: “I have been with horrible chest pressure for the last 2 weeks. Impossible to sleep. I have lost around 6lb, today I went to the doctor office and she send me Nexium. She tells me I have esophagitis. With just the first pill, all my pains have disappeared! I hope it continues this way, as I can enjoy life again.”

Nina2 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 8, 2016

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I've been on Nexium, 40 mg, one per day for about 4 years. I don't really watch my diet like I should but I've had no issues at all, never any throat burn like I had prior to Nexium. I do have Barrett's and should be more careful about foods I eat but I don't eat a lot of anything, that helps. I do drink coffee sometimes, tomato based sauces, etc. I don't seem to have side effects from Nexium.”

Palsey October 30, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “This drug has been more effective than Axid,, Acefix and Prilosec”

Jessie Ann September 24, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I took one dose and 30 minutes later I was in real trouble! Rash, itching, tachycardia, abdominal cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, etc.”

Trabuco September 20, 2015

For Gastric Ulcer Prophylaxis: “The dosage use of Nexium clearly states : "This medicine is usually given for 4 to 8 weeks only. Your doctor may recommend a second course of treatment if you need additional healing time." I do not understand some of the comments that state they have been using it for 20 years or 10 years !!! . and then complaint about secondary effects. I read the label and it states "24 HR" which is how long it lasts but in very small letters : " May take 1 to 4 days for full effect " It also says "Treats Frequent Heart burn". I will change my diet accordingly and use another Heart burn chemical. By the way meals prepared with ginger are very easy on the stomach.”

TommieT September 1, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have been on Nexium for several years and it works well for me. However, my last bone density test showed some bone loss. My blood tests revealed low vitamin D, now taking supplements. This morning my Dr.'s office called and said I need to come off Nexium, extended use can cause Reflux Acidity that worsens the condition. Waiting to hear what he recommends. Will be coming off Nexium. ”

Melissa Bass · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2015

For GERD: “I used this product as a free sample and it worked terrificly.”

BK August 7, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: “I was on Aciphex for 4-5 yrs. but the expense of it shifted me over to Nexium. I have now been taking 20 mg. Nexium 4 yrs. & have not had a GERD attack in years. My concerns are now that you can buy it OTC, I am concerned it will not be strong enough? And secondly, why is it that most nutritionists & holistic doctors insist that these acid controlling pills are the worse thing to take for your body? I tried not taking it for 2 mos. & immediately had an attack which is horrible. Can someone answer my concerns please.”

AMBIE3 July 30, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Nexium has been very effective in resolving my Acid Reflux. I have been taking the medication for over five years, and now have to stop the medication. My bone density test showed third statistical deviation (3T) which reports that I have osteoporosis. I have been taking calcium and supplements with exercise for almost all my life, and it's hard to believe I have this disease. Nexium blocks the absorption by the body, thus the problem.”

AshleyHarris1987 July 28, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have now been using Nexium 24 for only 4 days but I am seeing the effects already! I have been able to enjoy many foods I have had to avoid in the past with little to no burn. I absolutely have hope that Nexium is the answer to all my problems and that in time it will eliminate the problems all together. I was lucky enough to receive my Nexium free from a mission and now I'm a dedicated customer. Thank you so much for this awesome product!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Although it seems to work for my mother, for me I had weird symptoms. I was only on the generic brand for 5 days before I had to stop taking the pills. I did not notice any difference to my actual reflux, but apparently it heals your esophagus and reduces the amount of acid. My symptoms included: Complete exhaustion even though I was getting the same amount of sleep and doing the same things during the day as before, I constantly had a dull ache in my stomach, I had a muscle spasm in my left arm for 2 days straight, constipation, feeling sick and completely unmotivated to do anything, I lost my appetite and hardly ate at all, I was easily hurting myself from barely moving (mostly in my back), extremely weak, headache, and swollen lips”

Laura Miracle · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2015

“I received Nexium 24 hour for free from Smiley360 to try. I just started taking it yesterday and I can already tell a huge difference. I am very satisfied with this product. The only reason I deducted a star is because after researching, it does appear a lottle pricey. But if it continues to work this well , it will be well worth each penny.”

Ralph E Cakes July 18, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “This works amazing. I have been on it for about 20 years. My GERD is gone, but all my bones shattered when I fell of bed. This drug makes your bones brittle like uncooked ziti.”

Anonymous June 3, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I was prescribed Nexium after 4 months of trying every other prescription med out there, following 4 months of severe Gerd/ silent reflux symptoms. Within the first 2 days of taking Nexium the lump feeling in my throat started to go away. I am taking 40 mg of the TEVA generic Nexium and so far I feel way better. Hopefully it lasts. I was on Dexilant before 60mg once a day and it gave me about 50% symptom relief. Nexium is the best PPI I have tried for sure and I would recommend to anyone.”

rawls May 21, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “After weeks medication notice severe mood change, very irritable.”

Garfielduk · Taken for 10 years or more March 17, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “On Nexium for 15 years”

Paul Bu. March 8, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I suffered severe pain from GERD that I had to be hospitalized. The next day I bought the Nexium 24hr, not because I saw it was the top selling brand at Walmart, but because my mom said to get Prilosec lol. Anyway, within minutes the pain from my GERD disappeared. One con I've had so far though. The medicine states 24hrs, for me it's roughly 18-20 hrs and I start feeling the acid again. So keep that in mind.”

Shitty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 11, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “Severe constipation”

Another Anon · Taken for 10 years or more November 28, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I've been taking Nexium for about 18 years now. I suffered bad heartburn/reflux etc,, that was partly to do with 'trigger' foods I ate. Over the years I learned to avoid those foods, & I started on Nexium. This medicine reduced my severe heartburn/reflux from maybe each second night when I wasn't taking it, to only about 2 times a month when I was taking it, so overall, over 18 years, Nexium made a huge difference to my life. From having to sit upright till 4am in bed till the pain went away & I could finally lie down (without Nexium) to getting a good sleep most nights (with Nexium). I do thoroughly recommend Nexium to anyone who can take it. Tip - AVOID Trigger foods! some are - chocolate, cream, oily foods, chickpeas, horseradish, mustard.”

BruceA1234567 November 10, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “Prior use of prescription Prevacid did not provide relief for 24 hrs. 1/day 40mg Nexium provides about 30 hr no acid sensations. My only side effect of Nexium is my stool usually has the consistency of peanut butter.”

Johnin Portland · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 9, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have been using Miralax and psyllium every night for about a year and wanted to try Linzess, but my doctor was hesitant to let me try it. Possible side effects. Anyway, after some research, I realized the Nexium I have been using causes a Magnesium deficiency. So now I take a multi-mineral capsule and a 500mg Magnesium capsule 3 times a day with meals. I have been able to cut back on my prescribed medications and have some hope that I will be able to get off them completely by adjusting my mineral intake. Try this, because your bowels cannot function without enough minerals.”

longtimeer · Taken for 10 years or more October 5, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have been on Nexium for probably 10 years now and it works well. I can really notice a difference if I run out or take something else..the problem is the cost of this medication is outrageous!”

swisschz June 9, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I been taking Zegrid and Prilosec for years. I'm one week into Nexium and I feel way better! Whenever I drink something I feel awesome. No more little bit of discomfort. I'm amazed! Haven't had GERD, gas blockage in my chest or gall bladder. I feel like normal drinking cold and warm. I haven tried a soda yet but I did have a half a beer and the bubbles did not bother me at all! It's been years since 2007. I'm so happy and Nexium I thank you.”

Elgrodo May 20, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I have taken Nexium for over 12 years. I have had a low Magnesium problem for 10 years and severe dry mouth for 3 years. My Doctor wants me to continue with Nexium but I cannot continue. The Mag problem is very serious and I have had emergency doses of Mag to get my levels back up. The dry mouth is causing me to have numerous Dental problems. I really have to quit Nexium.”