User Reviews for Esomeprazole (Page 2)

Also known as: Nexium, Nexium 24HR, Nexium IV

Gastric Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.0
Summary of Esomeprazole reviews 6.9 186 reviews

Reviews for Esomeprazole

Chris December 24, 2019

For GERD: “Been taking it for 5 days now getting pains over my chest stomach both side of hip suffer from panic attacks when laying down feel like trouble breathing”

Xerk · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 22, 2019

For GERD: “This medicine is toxic. After weeks of stopping my medication, I now have. 1. Muscle twitching 2. Nerve problems 3. Back, legs, shoulder pains (although my leg and shoulder pain have decreased) 4. Weight loss (I managed to recover my lost weight). 5. Vision problems (Although I think it has something to do with a wrong prescription glasses) 6. Anxiety / Panic Attacks I do not recommend taking this drug. If you want to reduce your stomach acid, I recommend Gaviscon and other antacids. NEVER USE PPIs.”

RJN305 · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I developed terrible GERD and acid reflux where I had chest pressure and the feeling of a giant golf ball stuck in my throat. I was started on Omeprazole for about a week with no improvement. I was sleeping almost sitting down because laying down made the chest pressure so much worse. I was switched to Nexium 40 mg, which I took for 2 weeks. I had terrible nausea, diarrhea, sweating, and anxiety every day. I also developed a fear of suicidal ideations. Fear of dying and fear that something would make me jump from my balcony. I had to lock all my sliding doors and I currently moved to my mom's house. I also had moments where my mind would not stop racing and I would be in a daze. Everyone was talking around me and I would not be present. I stopped the Nexium for 1 day already. The nausea has stopped and so has the diarrhea. I also have not had any dazed our moments today and my thoughts of dying were much less today. I also developed crazy depression.”

Llass · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Just doesn't work”

carlton1 · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2019

For GERD: “esomeprazole was initially great for my GERD and stopped chest pains, then on day 5 of taking Esomeprazole 20mg I got hives all over body and swollen hands, so I stopped it and took x1 180mg fexofenadine anti histamine for 2 days and that cured that, but then the pains returned, so back on the Esomeprazole. I am so fed up, does anyone know if OTC Nexium "allbiet non prescription Esomeprazole" is any different to prescribed Esomeprazole.”

ecco November 30, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “within an hour of dropping the first pill it cured my pain of acid reflux”

Batyah · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “After a couple of hours of taking Nexium I began to feel nauseous, another hour or so later I vomited. Then the diarrhea started. Watery and urgent I couldn't leave the house. I have tried this medicine several times and every time I have had the same reaction. It is the worst medicine I have ever been prescribed and I am going to destroy the ones I have left. The dosage I was prescribed was 40mg and this may well be too much but I will not try to take it again. ”

Beckie · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

For Erosive Esophagitis: “Put on 40mg daily for 4 weeks due to Endoscopy finding lots of damage, oozing and internal bleeding. I was fine for a week then got stomach pain and breathlessness after eating or drinking even water. The pain was also under my sternum, a rolling bruised feeling. Had to skip evening meals due to not being able to lie down to sleep even after 5 hours of food. The breathing problem can be relieved somewhat if I can burp or belch but have to really force it. Sometimes Rennies help, Gaviscon Advance doesn't help. I also have squeezing stomach pain after food or drink. I'm beginning to suspect the Esomeprazole but won't know for sure till I finish with it and probably revert back to Omprazole.”

Vercetti October 28, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I jumped onto Nexium just this past Friday since I needed a substitute for the Zantac recall. It was NOT a good choice but by the 3rd day, I had what I thought was either a heart or panic attack. I was having severe pressure behind the sternum and almost a twisting or spasmatic feeling there and in my stomach. It was difficult to breath and then my face and extremities began to tingle. It lasted for an hour and then finally subsided a bit but my chest remained uncomfortable. Here we are on day 4 and I have not taken it today nor will I. My dull chest pains are still off and on. I've gone and picked up some Magnesium Glycinate to rule this out based on what Nexium does with Magnesium though I doubt 3 doses would suck up my Magnesium. I also picked up some Pepcid which seems to be one the closest equivalents to Zantac. RECAP: I haven't gotten so much relief with regards to my GERD BUT it's sure as hell not worth these symptoms. Use at your own risk!”

JJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 28, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I've been on these meds for 2 years. I used to have indigestion so bad I couldn't sleep. I would eat a packet of quickeze a day! Nexium has been a god send.”

Anonymous October 25, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “It works great, but be careful cuz it stops working after awhile and you need to increase the dose to get relief anymore, and the relief is negligible.”

Chrissy · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 15, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I've been taking nexium 40mg for 3 years now and it's the best, no side effects I can actually eat now, if I ever skipped a day I go back to the bad reflux”

KP · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I was prescribed this for possible stomach ulcer and GERD. Within 30 minutes of taking this I had sharp chest pains when inhaling. The ER dr said it was a panic attack- it wasn’t, not my usual panic attack symptoms. My Dr told me I was her second patient to experience that with the drug. Never took it again. Was then prescribed Zantac with out issues, but it is being recalled now. Not sure what else to take besides Tums.”

Tj · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I had been taking Somac (brand of Pantoprazole) for a possible ulcer, then a pharmacist suggested Nexium. Within hours I had bad nausea. Next day I read it causes bad nausea, went back pharmacy, the chemist confirmed nausea and sweating. I had both -so no more for me”

Pinky M September 13, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “in 2014 I was diagnosed with H. Pylori which was eradicated successfully. 2019 diagnosed with chronic gastritis I was prescribed Nexium 40gm for the 1st month and 20gm for 5 months. It worked so well that I started eating things I was not able to eat before. I was so happy until I developed side effects that I never thought were from nexium. They were stomach ache, diarrhea, constant nausea feeling, pain on my back and between shoulder blades, head ache that would come on from little sound as someone coughing, extreme fatigue. When my periods started I had nightmare cramping, I was vomiting, runny tummy all day, and excruciating pain. I couldn't sit, lie down or walk. I was literally rolling on the floor with pain and I never suffered from period pains before. I decided to go off it. I am on my first day the stomach pain and the shoulder pain subsided, the fatigue almost completely gone. I had little diarrhea and tummy ache. I am hoping all this will be gone and will go back to normal. PPIs are a bitter sweet pills”

Bry · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I had two months of daily awful heartburn. I wasn't eating the best and I was drinking alcohol. Well, that part didn't stop, but I did take Nexium. It was amazing. During the 14 days I lightened my diet but still ate the things I enjoyed. I'm 35, and I think this is my first "medication" review, lol.”

Beck · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2019

For GERD: “I thought nexium was my cure all. So to treat ulcers my doctor moved me to a prescription strength. One week after taking, I had severe abdominal pains, back and neck pain, headache, tender scalp and painful feet. Not to mention muscle spasms throughout my body. I just had my blood work done, and after this reaction, we did the blood work again. My c reactive protein was 31 (always under 1). Yikes! I described the pain in my stomach as a pain jumping from organ to organ like being kicked and stepped on and every now and then stabbed with a jolt of voltage. It scared the hell out of me. Even if you don't have a reaction, I wouldn't stay on this long.”

Hsp · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 18, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “When I first started taking nexium for Barrett’s esophagus everything seemed fine. Then after having a gastric bleed, which they found cancer cells, I went through 6 weeks of radiation and chemo treatments. The good news is the cancers gone. But during that time the doctor doubled my dose of nexium to 80 mg. I take it as 40mg twice a day. So after 6 months of nexium treatment, I mysteriously had a spine fracture, recurrent sinus infections, severe stomach pain and inflammation. I couldn’t figure out what was happening, so I researched nexium and found it can weaken the bones and cause spine fractures, also contribute to stomach distress and sinus headaches and so many others things it’s hard to even imagine. Now I know why the FDA has put out so many warnings about this drug. My question is why don’t they ban it. I’m seeing my doctor about getting off this horrible drug”

Mia August 14, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I had gastritis and was put on NEXIUM. After 2 months, still lot of pain due to diary, sugar etc.(tasty foods) So I assumed that I still have gastritis! Soon after I had a gastroscopy, and they found nothing. The doctor's msdiagnosed me with IBS. So I took matters into my own hands. So I read online about the interaction nexium could be causing. I hypothesised that perhaps this pain from foods is because of LOW ACIDITY because proton pumps REDUCE ACIDITY. It made sense! How can I eat chunky foods, when my body does not have enough juices in my body to break it down due to NEXIUM! So, I got off nexium the next morning, felt BURNING sensation (takes time for your stomach to adjust). Instead of Nexium, I reached for bicarbonate soda and water. The acidity went away. I reached for the milk and tomato sauce, and was able to drink and digest is like a boss! I could not believe what I was experiencing! The problem was nexium! FACT: Nexium causes hypersensitivity to the stomach to some people.”

NatalieR · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I’ve been suffering from GERD since January. After being in hospital I was prescribed with 40mg Nexium. It worked, however I had terrible side effects such as severe fatigue, muscle weakness and mild hallucinations because of exhaustion. I then decided to take the natural road which helped to a point, however I was still suffering quite intensely. A month ago I decided to succumb to my fear of trying the OTC Nexium. By day 4 I was better, by week two I was clear of all of my symptoms. I feel great. Happy, energetic and grateful. Nothing more painful that watching your friends enjoy foods and drinks you can’t eat. I never thought the pain would end and I’m so happy that I’m well again. I’m still on a low acidic diet because my aim is to come of the medication. I still think it’s important to find the root cause of your GERD and learn natural ways to heal your body. For now Nexium has saved me.”

Dilly July 21, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: “Nexium has been a life saver for me, I have been taking it for over 20 years and it has allowed me to eat normally and get a good nights sleep each night”

Sis · Taken for 10 years or more July 21, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I was prescribed nexium 40mg for 30 years ago and 9 years ago ranitidine to be used in conjunction nexium morning and ranitidine 40 mg at night. When Aust gov took Nexium off PBS I was prescribed Salpraz 40 mg. I have been taking this in conjunction with ranitidine for two weeks and have had severe reflux 4 or 5 times and moderate reflux about 7 times, in the past I had only suffered moderate reflux once or twice a month. I am a pensioner and can not afford to buy nexium over the counter”

Cat · Taken for 10 years or more July 20, 2019

For GERD: “I started taking Nexium (prescription 40 mg, 1X-daily) in my late 20's for recurring indigestion (Acid Reflux) after an endoscopy. I've been taking it every day now for 30-years.It has been a Godsend for me. I can't eat hardly anything with out it. Even though I've had endoscopies about every 5 years, I'm concerned, as in the past 4 years I've been diagnosed with seborrhea, rosacea, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). I also have a horrible, chronic, nasty cough that I've had for as long as I can remember (no reason). Never smoked, don't drink & even though I rarely have an appetite, am overweight (was a size 4-6 my entire life until I became postmenopausal at 50). I also have some NEW tummy issues. I made an appointment with an endocrinologist TODAY.”

Lizzard Lou · Taken for 10 years or more June 25, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have been on nexium many years first 40mg and for a long time 20 mg . It controls the reflux but in spite of working on my diet if I go off of it for a few days I get very bad diarrhea and then might start to throw up stomach acid . Even tapering off might not work. I was originally diagnosed with a hiatial hernia. ”

Bill · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “This drug is dangerous. I was given an 8 month prescription for acid reflux. At first I didn't notice any bad side effects, but after about 3 months things have really deteriorated. At first I thought I was tired from pushing myself hard with my work, and workout routine. But then a started feeling nauseous and it persisted for three days, then I began having severe joint pains to the point where I could hardly walk. Also feeling of panic, insomnia, and blood when I go to the toilet. But the worst has been MY HAIR FALLING OUT!!! I thought I was imagining it at first, but now my whole head has gone flaky/scabbing and I've lost about a third of my hair. I'm going straight to my doctor on Monday for a blood test. Current I'm bed ridden. Stay well away from this medication it's not worth the risks.”