User Reviews for Lansoprazole

Also known as: Prevacid, Prevacid 24HR, Prevacid IV, Prevacid OTC, Prevacid SoluTab

Learn more about Lansoprazole.

Erosive Esophagitis 5 reviews 108 medications

Barrett's Esophagus 2 reviews 13 medications

7.8
Summary of Lansoprazole reviews 63 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Lansoprazole

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "After several months of taking prevacid, if I don't take it for a day, my symptoms now are 10 times worse than they used to be before I started taking it. Not only that, but the doctor has told me that if I continue to take prevacid I will most likely develop osteoporosis (I am only 18 years old). Overall, after taking this medicine for about half a year, my only choice is to continue taking it, but risk being deficient in some essential nutrients and develop osteoporosis, or stop talking it and experience burning pain and reflux every day, and continue to damage my esophagus."

Hana Davis February 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For GERD: "I suffered from extreme bloating and gas starting thanksgiving 2016 and still am dealing with my gerds condition to this day 10 January 2017 My gastro Dr recommended prilosec one time a day but it was to strong and made me have an uneasy feeling in my stomach so he switched me to prevacid and it was great for the first week in a half but then starting causing me to burp excessively after that and I had a hard time digesting my food. I think it eliminated to much of my stomach acid hence, I had a hard time breaking down food And I stopped taking prevacid cause it harmed me more than helped Me in the end. Is there anything that will help me? It seems like antacids work against me:/ Don't no what to do Cause now I'm so sensitive eating food "

Shyeer January 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have tried several medications for GERD. Did not work. When I go in to the hospital, I have to have my doctor order that I can bring in my generic Prevacid because they do not carry Prevacid in their pharmacy and the one they give me doesn't work. I take 30mg 2x daily. Have had no side effects. But now my new insurance requires me to get an exception to be able to take 2 per day."

Muldune (taken for 10 years or more) January 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole) for GERD: "Insurance company kept trying to get me to try the generic. The mail order pharmacy sent the solu tab - did not work at all."

Muldune January 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Initially prescribed Lansoprazole 30mg due to acid reflux. I took it for 3 days with side effects (diarhorroea, dry mouth and stomach pain), so I called my doctor and found out I had H Pylori. I had to continue taking Lanso. with Clarithromycin and amoxicillin for 7days (known as triple therapy). Honestly after taking the triple therapy, I began to have withdrawal symptoms. For some strange reason, I used to be really hungry when being on the medication. Not anymore. Dr. recommends I continue taking Lanso. 30mg once a day after the triple therapy until I "feel better really". I've been on Lans. for 4 days now after the therapy and I'm still experiencing sour, foul taste in the mouth, gassy bubbling in my digestive tract.. no hunger."

VincciW November 21, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For GERD: "Had chest pains and breathing problems for ages after bad flu. Loads of tests but having never had indigestion did not consider it. Anyway after feeling very rough for two years and sometimes had to stay in bed, hospital finally diagnosed gerd and sliding hernia. At first I was delighted with lansoprazole then began to feel depressed, tired forgetful so I researched and tapered of pills for about two weeks then every morning took small glass warm water with organic honey and two teaspoons apple cider vinegar . First week tough but now been fine for four weeks and eating most things. However I have type 2 diabetes and so have a healthy diet and I exercise. No pills for that either. I am 69 years old. ( and I am a Christian so I pray!!!)"

Granny artist (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For GERD: "Going to bathroom 4 times a day to unload"

Belly fat May 2, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: "I have had no side effects after 14 yrs. In the past 4 yrs. I slowly cut back to 4 15mgs a week. Now I can eat or drink anything I like."

nannylala (taken for 10 years or more) February 25, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have been taking prevacid for 20 years. I have had numerous side effects in the last 5 years, migraine headaches, major memory loss, blurred vision, heart palpitations, and most of the side effects listed I have. I have taken this medication as I have severe acid reflux and when I stop I have instant reflux, but my side effects are getting worse, so I have to try something different or I fear this medication may end my life."

Anonymous February 16, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have tried this in the past and it works so much better then others I have tried. Now when I do use it I can eat my lemons LOL"

theluvofhelp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have tried almost every acid reducer made in the last 20 years and nothing worked until I took prevacid 30mg 2x a day. I has severe stomach pain, cramps, pain under right shoulder. Thought I was having a heart attack. One 30mg pill didn't do it, I still needed antacids. Another Dr suggested 2x a day. It worked. It took about 4 weeks for my symptoms to go away. I could eat anything. Periodically I've tried to reduce the amount by slowly reducing the mg, but symptoms always came back. I've tried the generic version because my insurance co would cover it at this high dose, but symptoms came back after a few months. Generic versions are just not the same."

ReGerd (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have used Prevacid before and it does work well"

thecoxons (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "prevacid has worked great for me, the other ones do not help, so I stick to prevacid only."

kodabear3 November 27, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: "I take Prevacid twice a day, and never have a problem"

Shortleg67 October 27, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "After I turned 65, I started suffering from GERD. My doctor gave me free samples of Prilosec to use, but I found it to be only somewhat effective. I switched to Prevacid, and am now heartburn/GERD free! I've been taking Prevacid for about 4 years, and have suffered no side effects whatsoever."

mhorris46 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 27, 2015

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have used Prevacid before and it does work well. Years ago, a doctor told me that they wanted to put a scope down my throat. I am not really in to that idea so it has not been done. I do not use this often due to the price increase but I would recommend it."

Shereida October 12, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I have had Gerd with a hiatial hernia for a lot of years. Prevacid is the only thing that has truly helped me."

funnyface716 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I was told by MD that I probably have a hiatal hernia that is causing G.E.R.D. He prescribed an RX. When I went to pharmacy & it was too expensive, pharmacist suggested I try an over-the-counter one. I read all the labels of ingredients on Prevacid, Prilosec, etc. I chose Prevacid because of it's ingredients. I have been VERY happy with it! It works well!"

treke (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For GERD: "My daughter suffers from severe GERD and is 4 years old. Recently our insurance has her 15 mg solutabs (2x a day) running us $680/month. Specialist told us to try the OTC previcid. After 2 weeks my daughter suffered shortness of breath, bellyache and Cronic hiccups. Put her back on solutabs, symptoms gone. Tried this OTC approach twice and sure enough it is not effective for our daughters GERD compared to previcid solutabs that cost $680. My son is now on them as well so total we spend $1020 a month on previcid solutabs."

Children GERD April 17, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Erosive Esophagitis: "Simply I had severe stomach pain often unbearable, I was always tired, due to my fear of doctors did not seek medical help for approximately a year. Went to see doc she gave me these capsules and I have my life back no more pain and full of energy, I'm me again, would recommend to anyone."

hugthebug (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I took this for about 2 1/2 years in my early 30's and it work amazing! If I even missed a single dose I was up with horrible acid problems during the night. I do highly recommend it but also consider Fundoplication Surgery for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. I had this done about 10 years ago and since then my GERD is completely gone and I have no need for the Prevacid at all anymore. I eat and enjoy spicy foods never have an issue. Both Prevacid and the surgery changed my life!"

KellyKellyKelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2015

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "This is the only thing that works for me, have tried Nexium Prilosec and countless other stomach medications. Always go back to Prevacid."

extreme acid in stomach (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2014

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Worked like a charm , stopped the nighttime pain and burning. Unfortunately my insurance company no longer covers it. "

NannyCarole October 26, 2014

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Stopped the symptoms (heartburn and reflux) immediately and completely. No side effects. For me, a wonder pill."

Brakeman3 June 30, 2014

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For GERD: "At first, the medication was very effective. Reflux and pain stopped almost at once. Was on lansoprazole for 18 months, for GERD and a hiatus hernia. Small side effects (visual disturbance, vertigo, tiredness) not a problem. BUT, after 1 yr, started to have terrible diarrhea, thin yellow and of sudden onset. Almost amounted to incontinence, at any time night or day. The tiredness became unacceptable. Eventually, I decided to come off the lansoprazole, for 2 weeks suffered bad recurrence of GERD. However, persevered (with help of Gaviscon) and after 2-3 weeks am now completely normal, no reflux, no pain. Have been great now for 3 months, far more energy, Would recommend a 'break' from the medicine to see if you can manage."

Eliza-Jane February 23, 2014