User Reviews for Lansoprazole systemic

Aspiration Pneumonia

1 review 63 medications
Summary of Lansoprazole reviews 8.0 75 reviews

Reviews for Lansoprazole

For Erosive Esophagitis: "This drug gave a severe case of diarrhea, bloating and gas just two days after I started taking it I had to stop on the advice of my doctor."

Louis (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2018

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: "These meds are helpful with heartburn and reflux but not for stomach inflammation and cramping pain"

Leelaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

For GERD: "I was suffering from reflux when my doctor prescribed lansoprazole. I had a bad allergic reaction to it. Besides the horrible skin rash, one of my kidney started to fail, I was extremely dehydrated and my stomach wasn't working properly. Lots of in and out of hospital. After that I can't ever again have any PPIs medicine. It was a horrible experience and I thought it was important to share."

Lucy (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

For GERD: "Was prescribed this for GERD, within 3 days of taking I developed a purply rash on my lower legs and ankles,My doctor changed it to Omeprazole which caused me to have stomach pains and wind, was then changed to Ranitidine which I have been taking for just over a week but this hasn't sorted out the aches in my side and chest or the acid travelling into my throat, at a loss as to what I can take next"

Gilly (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

For Erosive Esophagitis: "Lansoprazole has eliminated pain from gastritis for 6 years. Downsides are that I become anemic due to reduced ability to absorb B vitamins from food. Taking Sublingual B complex vitamins (1 mg X twice daily) has raised my energy level considerably."

Pablo525 February 19, 2018

For Stomach Ulcer: "Caused E.D."

UdontNeed2know January 7, 2018

For Aspiration Pneumonia: "has given me diarrhea for the last 5 days but I've been taken it longer. The doctor has given a 6 month prescription I am having to take 4 a day and am feeling sick."

yelllowmouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2017

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: "works great"

zg November 20, 2017

For GERD: "Just want to share my story, for years I was suffering from heart palpitations and didn't understand why I had this , why do I need to feel my heart is beating. This feeling really bothered me so I checked with my Doctor and I did some heart checks EKG, exercise stress test, Echocardiography. But all the checks and test were Ok. So my doctor told me it could me my stomach that doing all this I didn't believe him, I though how come this can happen from my stomach , anyway I started to take on a daily basis this drug and after ~3 weeks, I noticed I'm not feeling my heart beating anymore (heart palpitations) , I have to mention that I didn't have any feeling of heartburn or reflux, this was just silent GERD. Today I'm still taking the drug and can't miss one."

Markos17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2017

For GERD: "I have done tons of research... prevacid or dexilant etc are meant to be taken for about 2 months..... many people have been on it for years! acid reflux can be caused by TOO LITTLE ACID, maybe the medication is making it worse, I am now feeling side effects? (nausea and stomach cramping off and on for last year) or perhaps Apple cider vinegar does neutralize the reflux? If I forgot one pill, I would have heartburn by midday. I had the regular ACV, but they said it has to be organic with mother of the apple? A LOT of people can be helped with ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR... after a few days, with no medication, I have NO HEARTBURN. just one tablespoon of ACV with one tsp of honey in warm water, morning and at supper, try it! :-)"

margaritagirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 21, 2017

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I've had extremely bad heartburn for several years. While I don't experience reflux the chest pain and throat/sinus pain are all consuming. I can no longer tolerate this pain. I've been on a diet of mostly rice, applesauce, oatmeal, lean protein and an occasional veggie. Everything including water gives me heartburn all day/everyday. It appears I have Nutcracker Esopgagus or esophageal spasms. Two weeks ago I received an esophageal Botox injection which is meant to relax the esophagus, thus reduce spasms. I've experienced no relief. I had this same procedure six months ago and enjoyed nearly 3 months heartburn free! I believe it's failed this time. I tried Prevacid 15mg OTC and experienced 25% improvement. Suggestions?"

Renrelo (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2017

For GERD: "Tried to alternate with Nexium and Lansoprazole on 14 day intervals. Nearing half way point with Lansoprazole GERD was returning."

Cappie1981 May 19, 2017

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "After several months of taking prevacid, if I don't take it for a day, my symptoms now are 10 times worse than they used to be before I started taking it. Not only that, but the doctor has told me that if I continue to take prevacid I will most likely develop osteoporosis (I am only 18 years old). Overall, after taking this medicine for about half a year, my only choice is to continue taking it, but risk being deficient in some essential nutrients and develop osteoporosis, or stop talking it and experience burning pain and reflux every day, and continue to damage my esophagus."

Hana Davis February 11, 2017

For GERD: "I suffered from extreme bloating and gas starting thanksgiving 2016 and still am dealing with my gerds condition to this day 10 January 2017 My gastro Dr recommended prilosec one time a day but it was to strong and made me have an uneasy feeling in my stomach so he switched me to prevacid and it was great for the first week in a half but then starting causing me to burp excessively after that and I had a hard time digesting my food. I think it eliminated to much of my stomach acid hence, I had a hard time breaking down food And I stopped taking prevacid cause it harmed me more than helped Me in the end. Is there anything that will help me? It seems like antacids work against me:/ Don't no what to do Cause now I'm so sensitive eating food "

Shyeer January 10, 2017

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have tried several medications for GERD. Did not work. When I go in to the hospital, I have to have my doctor order that I can bring in my generic Prevacid because they do not carry Prevacid in their pharmacy and the one they give me doesn't work. I take 30mg 2x daily. Have had no side effects. But now my new insurance requires me to get an exception to be able to take 2 per day."

Muldune (taken for 10 years or more) January 6, 2017

Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole) for GERD: "Insurance company kept trying to get me to try the generic. The mail order pharmacy sent the solu tab - did not work at all."

Muldune January 6, 2017

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Initially prescribed Lansoprazole 30mg due to acid reflux. I took it for 3 days with side effects (diarhorroea, dry mouth and stomach pain), so I called my doctor and found out I had H Pylori. I had to continue taking Lanso. with Clarithromycin and amoxicillin for 7days (known as triple therapy). Honestly after taking the triple therapy, I began to have withdrawal symptoms. For some strange reason, I used to be really hungry when being on the medication. Not anymore. Dr. recommends I continue taking Lanso. 30mg once a day after the triple therapy until I "feel better really". I've been on Lans. for 4 days now after the therapy and I'm still experiencing sour, foul taste in the mouth, gassy bubbling in my digestive tract.. no hunger."

VincciW November 21, 2016

For GERD: "Had chest pains and breathing problems for ages after bad flu. Loads of tests but having never had indigestion did not consider it. Anyway after feeling very rough for two years and sometimes had to stay in bed, hospital finally diagnosed gerd and sliding hernia. At first I was delighted with lansoprazole then began to feel depressed, tired forgetful so I researched and tapered of pills for about two weeks then every morning took small glass warm water with organic honey and two teaspoons apple cider vinegar . First week tough but now been fine for four weeks and eating most things. However I have type 2 diabetes and so have a healthy diet and I exercise. No pills for that either. I am 69 years old. ( and I am a Christian so I pray!!!)"

Granny artist (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2016

For GERD: "Going to bathroom 4 times a day to unload"

Belly fat May 2, 2016

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: "I have had no side effects after 14 yrs. In the past 4 yrs. I slowly cut back to 4 15mgs a week. Now I can eat or drink anything I like."

nannylala (taken for 10 years or more) February 25, 2016

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have been taking prevacid for 20 years. I have had numerous side effects in the last 5 years, migraine headaches, major memory loss, blurred vision, heart palpitations, and most of the side effects listed I have. I have taken this medication as I have severe acid reflux and when I stop I have instant reflux, but my side effects are getting worse, so I have to try something different or I fear this medication may end my life."

Anonymous February 16, 2016

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have tried this in the past and it works so much better then others I have tried. Now when I do use it I can eat my lemons LOL"

theluvofhelp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2016

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have tried almost every acid reducer made in the last 20 years and nothing worked until I took prevacid 30mg 2x a day. I has severe stomach pain, cramps, pain under right shoulder. Thought I was having a heart attack. One 30mg pill didn't do it, I still needed antacids. Another Dr suggested 2x a day. It worked. It took about 4 weeks for my symptoms to go away. I could eat anything. Periodically I've tried to reduce the amount by slowly reducing the mg, but symptoms always came back. I've tried the generic version because my insurance co would cover it at this high dose, but symptoms came back after a few months. Generic versions are just not the same."

ReGerd (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2016

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have used Prevacid before and it does work well"

thecoxons (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2016

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "prevacid has worked great for me, the other ones do not help, so I stick to prevacid only."

kodabear3 November 27, 2015