User Reviews for Lansoprazole to treat Erosive Esophagitis

Also known as: Prevacid, Prevacid SoluTab, Prevacid OTC, Prevacid 24HR

Lansoprazole has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis. 70% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Lansoprazole Rating Summary

7.3/10 average rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis.

Reviews for Lansoprazole

Pablo525 February 19, 2018

“Lansoprazole has eliminated pain from gastritis for 6 years. Downsides are that I become anemic due to reduced ability to absorb B vitamins from food. Taking Sublingual B complex vitamins (1 mg X twice daily) has raised my energy level considerably.”

Granny · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 18, 2018

“I have been taking Lansoprazole 30mg twice a day for a little over a year ago getting great relief for my erosive esphagitis and GERD. My pharmacists switched to this manufacturer and did not work as well as the other manufacturer. Therefore, I am taking this plus filling in with Pepcid at least once a day. Am now looking for another pharmacy so I can go back to the other manufacturer product. Very disappointing.”

hugthebug · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2015

“Simply I had severe stomach pain often unbearable, I was always tired, due to my fear of doctors did not seek medical help for approximately a year. Went to see doc she gave me these capsules and I have my life back no more pain and full of energy, I'm me again, would recommend to anyone.”

A Marie · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2021

“I’ve been on Pepcid for like 20 years. It has always worked perfectly for my severe acid reflux disease. However, recently the previous black/pink capsules have been changed to white/blue ones. Could care less about the color, but these do not work for me. A few times a week, I have to take over the counter acid reducers or take another lansoprazole.”

Sarah · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 2, 2021

“It's kind of alright. It was more effective when I first started taking it. It still works alright for me throughout the day. I take it for acid reflux. Acid reflux goes away quicker if I lay down on my left side. It's not a huge problem. Just that it could affect me in public if it starts not working properly. I think I might need to start taking two though. As it isn't as effective on me as it used to be. Just glad I can still live my life without it affecting me.”

funnyface716 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 29, 2015

Prevacid (lansoprazole): “I have had Gerd with a hiatial hernia for a lot of years. Prevacid is the only thing that has truly helped me.”

extreme acid in stomach · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 29, 2014

Prevacid (lansoprazole): “This is the only thing that works for me, have tried Nexium Prilosec and countless other stomach medications. Always go back to Prevacid.”

Anonymous January 24, 2009

Prevacid (lansoprazole): “Expensive but really helps with little or no side effects.”

Louis · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2018

“This drug gave a severe case of diarrhea, bloating and gas just two days after I started taking it I had to stop on the advice of my doctor.”

Sbrien · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2020

“It cost you $400 a month? I’m in the UK and the same drug cost me £6.50 for a months supply. That’s so crazy”