User Reviews for Famotidine

Also known as: Pepcid, Pepcid AC, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength, Heartburn Relief, Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets, Pepcid Oral Suspension, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Tablets, Acid Controller Maximum Strength, Acid Reducer Original Strength, Heartburn Relief Maximum Strength, Acid Controller Original Strength Acid Control Acid Reducer-Famotidine

Stomach Ulcer 9.0
GERD 5.5
Summary of Famotidine reviews 6.1 41 reviews

Reviews for Famotidine

Tm · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2020

For Indigestion: “The most awful drug I ever taken I started it 1 week ago I feel like I'm having the flu a lot of diarrhea can't breath . I feel like I'm going to pass out a lot of anxiety attacks. I don't recommend this to anybody ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2020

For GERD: “Just began taking Famotidine for the first time as omeprazole made me sick. So on this I notice I feel bloated after 12 hours of taking it even though at first it got rid of my acid reflux within like 15 mins. However I woke up almost in a panic feeling like I was gonna have a heart attack, I was burping excessively to the point my stomach feels in knots, I can't sleep a full 8 hours. I wake up like every 2 hours or can't even go back to sleep at all and I work night shift. I even feel like my muscles wanna just spasm out of control. And I feel like my heart beat is irregular right now too, it's crazy to think a drug can do this. Much like someone else said here I'd rather have the acid reflux as this is torture; who would ever make a drug like this. What ever happened to safety, this stuff is not safe, but DR. has determined this will do more good then cause you harm. THAT'S A LIE. Done with these trash pharmaceuticals companies drugs I'm gonna try natural remedies.”

BRabbit · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

For Laryngopharyngeal Reflux: “I've been struggling with acid reflux but NO heartburn due to the quarantine - overeating and lack of exercise. I had never had acid reflux in my life. I was recommended to take famotidine 20 mg twice a day for 30 days. It did relieve constant symptoms and about four days in I felt almost normal. I kept taking the drug just in case (didn't want to quit at day 5). However, I think it is causing more harm than good. I am bloated, hungry but unable to eat, weird nausea, cough, and slight reflux. I'm going to stop taking this and see if my bodies balance will return to normal. So while it was effective, I think it also has made me sick.”

Matt April 30, 2020

For GERD: “I had gotten over a cold and my lungs felt clogged. I had described the problem to my doctor on a virtual visit because it had been going on for 3 weeks. I had started taking allergy medicine a few days before, and my condition started clearing up, but wanted to check with my doctor either way. He said it was reflux and prescribed Famotidine to me. I had never had stomach problems before this. 1 took it for 10 days, and within a week, my stomach was twisted in knots and I got heartburn. The medicine seemed to create the problem that it was meant to stop. My lungs eventually cleared up, but I am left with reflux. Don’t take it.”

Xochil · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 27, 2020

For Indigestion: “I have been on Famotidine 40 Mg tables. I am a Senior 73, and have been staying inside. In March I thought I had maybe gotten the Corona-19, I had sore throat, headaches, about 100 fever, and felt bad. this only lasted about a few days. My doctor just told me to go to hospital if I got worse, but I did not. I started feeling better. So I just thought it was not, but now I wonder if taking the Famotidine help me have a mild case of it. I have not been tested, it was not available.”

kaji37 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2020

For GERD: “First off let me just say this amotidine works for GERD, anyone who has GERD symptoms I took this for 5 days and it simmered down so much I barely have symptoms now. But I have anxiety and muscle twitching and I think muscle twitching is a reported side effect of this as well as waking you up as you fall asleep is another serious symptom this causes. To me it works but isn't worth the trouble .”

Florence April 15, 2020

Pepcid (famotidine) for GERD: “I got so stressed with this Covid stuff and when very stressed I succumb to overeating, eating and spitting, it went on for a week and oh my gosh after a week the heartburn was crippling. One pepcid pill quieted things down. It been 1 hour and all is still in there thank goodness.”

Deb · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2020

For GERD: “Finally realized this med famotidine was causing me to wake up immediately after falling asleep, with my heart racing, caused extreme insomnia which I have never had at all. It did help reflux but I will never take it again.”

Medsreview · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

For GERD: “Took this medicine for GERD, After 1 week I started getting constipation, anxiety, heart palpitations, and muscle weakness, dizziness, and nausea. I felt bloated all the time and I couldn’t eat. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone.”

Skinny · Taken for 10 years or more January 28, 2020

For Indigestion: “Been taking this famotidine medication every day for the last 11 years. Hopefully there's no serious side effect for long time use.”

birdie · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 25, 2020

For Indigestion: “I've taken it for a couple of years and it has really worked for me. But, for the past 6 months, my pharmacy can not get it, says its on back order and gave me something else. I got a reaction to the new one, so I started taking my husbands. Went back to the pharmacy still on back order. Starting to get very upset and looking for some where else to obtain this.”

Jc · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

For GERD: “I rather just have the heartburn than take famotidine. Half the side effects this med can cause that you see on this site, I got them! This medication made me weak, caused me muscle pain, gave me headaches and worsened my anxiety. My doctor is very good, but I'm disappointed he gave me this. I'll stick to Tums or something. Famo is a mess. Does more harm than good.”

Alfie · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2020

For Stomach Ulcer: “Having stomach pains resulting from oral antibiotic treatment for diverticulitis. Famotidine worked great - pain went away overnight. Had huge anxiety attack on second day (never had one before). Was on Famotidine 20 mg twice/day. Decided to stop it.”

Duke · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 26, 2019

Pepcid (famotidine) for GERD: “I had been taking Ranitidine (300mg twice a day), but after that was recalled, I tried Pepcid Complete. It seemed to work for a month or so, taking one in the morning, and one in the evening. But then the acid reflux continued to be a problem so I am here looking at others drug reviews. On the Pepcid website it states: PEPCID® products are not indicated for the treatment of GERD. I am going to try my luck with Prilosec OTC, based on the reviews that gets on this site.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2019

For Indigestion: “I have been taking famotidine for approximately three weeks indigestion and it helps none. It's a farce. I advise nobody to take this drug!”

Cinderella · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2019

For GERD: “My doctor just switched me over to Famotidine. I don't like the way it makes me feel. I've noticed muscle cramps and a tightening in my throat. I was on Ranitidine but due to the recall my doctor took me off of it. I had no bad effects from the ranitidine and I'm going to see if I can get back on it. Nothing really helps me all my issues are still here but at least I didn't have any bad side effects. I don't know what the answer is”

Billybob · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 29, 2019

For GERD: “I have started taking this and I have no appetite and have loss of energy and nausea. What else can I do?”

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

Pepcid (famotidine): “I was put on Pepcid for Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and it caused low mood, constipation, and heartburn which I did not have before taking. I need the H2 for histamine blockage, Pepcid is not the one to help me.”

Don West · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 26, 2019

For Stomach Ulcer: “Famotidine is a wonderful drug, especially for my heartburn. I can also take it with my epilepsy medications (Lamotrigine, Vimpat). Good stuff, man.”

parisgirl · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 19, 2019

For GERD: “In my experience, famotidine is helpful for my GERD. Stops the acidic feeling and the slight nausea quickly”

thebrogo · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2018

For GERD: “I take it before bed. It does a great job and, I just found out, it is the longest lasting H2 Antagonist out of the 3 others.”

Relief · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2018

Pepcid AC Maximum Strength (famotidine): “For 2 years I would break out with these very painful, and itchy bumps. That would start on my forearms then it would go to my stomach, back and legs. I tried everything from changing laundry soap, bath soap, etc.. Then I finally had enough went to the doctor and she told me to try Pepcid Maximum Strength. Being a Pharmacy Tech I am thinking this doctor is crazy not once in school did I learn that Pepcid treats hives. Well I can honestly say I was wrong. I have been taking Pepcid and Claritin twice a day for a month with no break outs.”

Fely October 31, 2018

Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets (famotidine) for Indigestion: “Pepcid complete 1 chewable tablet gave me relief within 30 min but when I woke up 12 hrs after I took the drug my urine is dark orange now 4 days after my urine is still orange although lighter I have been drinking a lot of water Should I be worried ?”

Denise · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2018

For GERD: “Awful! Took this med for 5-6 weeks, explosive diarrhea and unable to control urinating. My throat often closed up when I tried to eat. Had to sleep sitting up; other wise I was awaken by insistent coughing, unable to get my breath several times each night. Dr didn’t believe this was the reason for all my symptoms till I took it information from Rx side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2018

For GERD: “My doctor first suggested pantoprazole for my acid reflux, which I’ve used in the past. But I wanted to try something a little more gentle this time. I was pleasantly surprised that this worked perfectly. I started with the maximum dose for a few weeks, then slowly weaned off it completely over a few months.”