User Reviews for Famotidine

Also known as: Acid Control, Acid Controller Maximum Strength, Acid Controller Original Strength, Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Acid Reducer Original Strength, Acid Reducer-Famotidine, Fluxid, Heartburn Relief, Heartburn Relief Maximum Strength, Mylanta AR, Pepcid, Pepcid AC, Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Tablets, Pepcid Oral Suspension, Pepcid RPD …show all brand names

Duodenal Ulcer

Indigestion
4.8

Summary of Famotidine reviews 7.0 20 reviews

Reviews for Famotidine

For GERD: "Awful! Took this med for 5-6 weeks, explosive diarrhea and unable to control urinating. My throat often closed up when I tried to eat. Had to sleep sitting up; other wise I was awaken by insistent coughing, unable to get my breath several times each night. Dr didn’t believe this was the reason for all my symptoms till I took it information from Rx side effects."

Denise (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

For GERD: "My doctor first suggested pantoprazole for my acid reflux, which I’ve used in the past. But I wanted to try something a little more gentle this time. I was pleasantly surprised that this worked perfectly. I started with the maximum dose for a few weeks, then slowly weaned off it completely over a few months."

micsafr (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Indigestion: "Like many of the Users on this site, I have found that when CVS required me to use this pill manufactured by Aurobindo Pharma Limited from my prior manufacturer used by Rite Aid (little brown discs) that the Aurobindo product does NOT work, even in the 40 mg pill (designed in a white square with rounded edges with "CC" on one side and "61" on the other side. It is my opinion that this product is a phony and should be avoided"

Frank Speaks December 6, 2017

For GERD: "It doesn't do a darn thing for me. I don't even know why I bother taking it. I have to sleep sitting up so that I don't throw up all night from GERD. I have tried all of the major drugs to try to control my condition, but none of them work. Very discouraging. The only thing that seems to help even a little bit is keeping my stomach full at all times (at least when I throw up, it's not bile or acid). I've gained almost 60 pounds this last year as a result of it, though."

furious_rose (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 28, 2017

For Urticaria: "While I found this awesome and it got rid of my hives, I experienced a rare side effect it seems. I totally lost my ability to control my bladder. It has become so embarrassing, even though no one sees or knows about it.... kinda personal, ya know. I cannot go anywhere with out worrying about my bladder and sometimes I have left the store as my bladder gives me NO warning and then its a matter of how fast I can get to my car before anyone notices that I wet myself. It's horrible. I have stop taking this and will gladly suffer from the hives that have been randomly occurring since I was a teen. I'm in the 40 - 50 age."

Anonymous 12 February 2, 2017

For GERD: "Since taking this I have had extreme anxiety, difficulty sleeping and unable to eat. Has anyone this problem?"

88keys February 1, 2017

Pepcid (famotidine) for GERD: "Been on this medication 15 days; noticed after 7 days a drop in sexual performance; after 14 days a complete inability to get an erection."

RRH March 6, 2016

For Indigestion: "My docter prescribed this for me for nausea and acid in my stomach..I took 1 pill an I could feel it in my stomach..for the first 20mins I felt a burning cool sensation like tingly feeling in my stomach. Then I couldn't eat my food but a few bites because I was so nauseated..for the entire day and nite and half of the next morning .I was extremely nauseated even after taking 3 anti nausea pills and I had stomach pain in my upper stomach..I will never take this pill again ..I used nexuim for 6 months and never this horrible effect"

Na-Na1680 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Allergic Urticaria: "I took Zyrtec everyday for a month and saw zero improvement with my sudden outbreak of hives. Then I was advised to take double doses of Zyrtec AND Allegra. Only thing I got was sleepy. I've been taking Famotidine for three days. I saw almost immediate results. Today is day 3, and all my hives are gone. The itching is virtually gone. Even the dark spots the hives were leaving behind before seem to be fading. I haven't noticed any side effects except my extreme joy that something finally worked!"

MIkaesia (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

Pepcid (famotidine) for Urticaria: "Combined with prednisone 20mg twice daily, and Zyrtec, also with a Epsom salt bath with lye soap, it really does work, and quickly."

wish2dance (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2015

For GERD: "I have GERD, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. For my GERD, it is cheaper to buy OTC medicines rather than prescription version. I take famotidine 10mg tablets twice day before meals. I take this along with 200mg Cimetidine. For the cimetidine I take 2 tablets twice a day. This therapy works great for me and my doctor is glad I finally found a relief."

Brandon L. November 15, 2014

Pepcid (famotidine) for GERD: "I took Pepcid and Pepcid AC for years but like all Gas pills One pill could make me my stools solid "constipation" like for a couple of days."

oklahoma_sweetpea71 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2013

For GERD: "So far, famotidine is working great for my chronic GERD, acid reflux. I also made life changing eating habits and added even more exercise to my routine but I still have this condition. Also, need to eat more frequently every 2-3 hours, small snacks and meals really helps. I usually take one of these when I feel it coming on, usually in between meals and it quickly calms it. I only take one a day and then if I feel it at night after dinner or right before bed I take 150mg Zantac (ranitidine). I try to limit to only ONE 20mg famotidine and ONE 150mg Zantac a day. Seems to work quite well. Too much of any PPI or H2 blockers and you can reverse the process of what you're trying to achieve. I only take a couple Tums when in desperate need."

SKET (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2013

For GERD: "Works better than others for me. Also, no interaction with Tylenol."

Anonymous November 30, 2011

For GERD: "I used to take famotidine 20mg 2 x daily and it did the job. Now I need it every 5 to 6 hrs for relief. So I decided to use Pepto-bismal yesterday morning at 8 and it worked very well and lasted until about 9pm. Then I took a Pepcid that night, but it doesn't work for me like it use to."

sha7411 March 8, 2011

Pepcid (famotidine) for Duodenal Ulcer: "In my particular case, famotidine does not seem to relieve my symptoms on a consistent basis."

brianm July 13, 2010

Pepcid (famotidine) for : "Don't take too much and don't smoke cigarettes while using, both will make you sick."

Anonymous April 22, 2010

For Allergic Urticaria: "I just started taking it but I'm already seeing results. When I read that a lesser side effect was muscle cramps it bothered me a little. But, otherwise I'm seeing almost instant results."

Micah77 September 17, 2009

For Not Listed / Other: "Good"

sillykid0832 August 5, 2009

Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets (famotidine) for : "It worked rather quickly for me. Within a 1/2 hour I was feeling significantly better. I did however experience brief chest pain and tightness and a bit dizzy about 20 minutes after taking it. I've only taken one dose so far and hope that I'll be able to continue taking this as treatment for abdominal pain suspect of a peptic ulcer."

Anonymous April 12, 2009

For GERD: "I was a huge Tums eater with little success. At night while lying down I'd have the acid come up all the way to my nose - quite a burning, nasty sensation. It would appear that this little 20 mg pill makes ALL the difference. I take it about an hour before my evening meal. So far it has performed incredibly well - I've not had any GERD (acid reflux) even after a 4 taco with heavy onion and salsa dinner plus 3 beers."

Anonymous January 4, 2009

Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets (famotidine) for GERD: "After using Protonix for years I am finding that one chewable Pepcid in the morning and another at night is working great!"

Anonymous July 12, 2008

Pepcid (famotidine) for Peptic Ulcer: "Very good in milder cases."

Anonymous May 19, 2008