User Reviews for Famotidine to treat Indigestion

Also known as: Pepcid, Pepcid AC, Heartburn Relief, Pepcid Oral Suspension, Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets, Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Tablets, Acid Control, Acid Reducer-Famotidine, Acid Reducer Original Strength, Heartburn Relief Maximum Strength, Acid Controller Original Strength Acid Controller Maximum Strength

Famotidine has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Indigestion. 50% of those users who reviewed Famotidine reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Famotidine Rating Summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 250 medications used in the treatment of Indigestion.

Anonymous November 14, 2020

“Famotidine is not the most effective thing I've taken for heartburn (Prevacid is awesome but gives me headaches), but it's helpful for cases where Rolaids and Pepto Bismol don't give me relief. I feel just a bit off when I take it, but I'd rather feel out of it for a few hours instead of suffering through wicked heartburn.”

Tm · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2020

“The most awful drug I ever taken I started it 1 week ago I feel like I'm having the flu a lot of diarrhea can't breath . I feel like I'm going to pass out a lot of anxiety attacks. I don't recommend this to anybody ”

Xochil · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 27, 2020

“I have been on Famotidine 40 Mg tables. I am a Senior 73, and have been staying inside. In March I thought I had maybe gotten the Corona-19, I had sore throat, headaches, about 100 fever, and felt bad. this only lasted about a few days. My doctor just told me to go to hospital if I got worse, but I did not. I started feeling better. So I just thought it was not, but now I wonder if taking the Famotidine help me have a mild case of it. I have not been tested, it was not available.”

birdie · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 25, 2020

“I've taken it for a couple of years and it has really worked for me. But, for the past 6 months, my pharmacy can not get it, says its on back order and gave me something else. I got a reaction to the new one, so I started taking my husbands. Went back to the pharmacy still on back order. Starting to get very upset and looking for some where else to obtain this.”

Na-Na1680 · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2016

“My docter prescribed this for me for nausea and acid in my stomach..I took 1 pill an I could feel it in my stomach..for the first 20mins I felt a burning cool sensation like tingly feeling in my stomach. Then I couldn't eat my food but a few bites because I was so nauseated..for the entire day and nite and half of the next morning .I was extremely nauseated even after taking 3 anti nausea pills and I had stomach pain in my upper stomach..I will never take this pill again ..I used nexuim for 6 months and never this horrible effect”

Fely October 31, 2018

Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets (famotidine): “Pepcid complete 1 chewable tablet gave me relief within 30 min but when I woke up 12 hrs after I took the drug my urine is dark orange now 4 days after my urine is still orange although lighter I have been drinking a lot of water Should I be worried ?”

Frank Speaks December 6, 2017

“Like many of the Users on this site, I have found that when CVS required me to use this pill manufactured by Aurobindo Pharma Limited from my prior manufacturer used by Rite Aid (little brown discs) that the Aurobindo product does NOT work, even in the 40 mg pill (designed in a white square with rounded edges with "CC" on one side and "61" on the other side. It is my opinion that this product is a phony and should be avoided”

Skinny · Taken for 10 years or more January 28, 2020

“Been taking this famotidine medication every day for the last 11 years. Hopefully there's no serious side effect for long time use.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2019

“I have been taking famotidine for approximately three weeks indigestion and it helps none. It's a farce. I advise nobody to take this drug!”

Learn more about Indigestion