User Reviews for Famotidine to treat Indigestion

Also known as: Pepcid, Pepcid AC, Zantac 360, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength, Heartburn Relief, Pepcid Oral Suspension, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Tablets, Acid Controller Original Strength, Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets, Acid Reducer-Famotidine, Acid Reducer Original Strength, Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Heartburn Relief Maximum Strength, Acid Controller Maximum Strength Acid Control …show all brand names

Famotidine has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Indigestion. 33% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 50% reported a negative experience.

Famotidine rating summary

4.6/10 average rating

Compare all 246 medications used in the treatment of Indigestion.

Reviews for Famotidine

Tm · Taken for less than 1 month · June 14, 2020

“The most awful drug I ever taken I started it 1 week ago I feel like I'm having the flu a lot of diarrhea can't breath . I feel like I'm going to pass out a lot of anxiety attacks. I don't recommend this to anybody ”

Cari Az · Taken for less than 1 month · May 1, 2022

“Worst experience with a medication in my life! It gave me side effects of my heart rate went up to 147 bpm, extreme shaking feeling, couldn’t get warm, felt like I had the flu, so glad I came here to see I’m not the only one! I almost went to the ER. I took for 5 days.”

Xochil · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 27, 2020

“I have been on Famotidine 40 Mg tables. I am a Senior 73, and have been staying inside. In March I thought I had maybe gotten the Corona-19, I had sore throat, headaches, about 100 fever, and felt bad. this only lasted about a few days. My doctor just told me to go to hospital if I got worse, but I did not. I started feeling better. So I just thought it was not, but now I wonder if taking the Famotidine help me have a mild case of it. I have not been tested, it was not available.”

Na-Na1680 · Taken for less than 1 month · February 6, 2016

“My docter prescribed this for me for nausea and acid in my stomach..I took 1 pill an I could feel it in my stomach..for the first 20mins I felt a burning cool sensation like tingly feeling in my stomach. Then I couldn't eat my food but a few bites because I was so nauseated..for the entire day and nite and half of the next morning .I was extremely nauseated even after taking 3 anti nausea pills and I had stomach pain in my upper stomach..I will never take this pill again ..I used nexuim for 6 months and never this horrible effect”

Fely · October 31, 2018

Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets (famotidine): “Pepcid complete 1 chewable tablet gave me relief within 30 min but when I woke up 12 hrs after I took the drug my urine is dark orange now 4 days after my urine is still orange although lighter I have been drinking a lot of water Should I be worried ?”

birdie · Taken for 1 to 2 years · January 25, 2020

“I've taken it for a couple of years and it has really worked for me. But, for the past 6 months, my pharmacy can not get it, says its on back order and gave me something else. I got a reaction to the new one, so I started taking my husbands. Went back to the pharmacy still on back order. Starting to get very upset and looking for some where else to obtain this.”

Kmr · Taken for less than 1 month · May 4, 2022

“Got prescribed this for basic indigestion, was told to take 2 a day for 2 weeks. Only managed to take it for a week until I started having debilitating panic attacks, full body muscle spasms constantly, I feel like I’m stuck in a state of panic and it won’t go away. It’s been about a week and a half since I last took it, and the symptoms haven’t really slowed down. My stomach is fine now, but this constant anxiety is unbelievable, would not recommend in any capacity.”

Anonymous · November 14, 2020

“Famotidine is not the most effective thing I've taken for heartburn (Prevacid is awesome but gives me headaches), but it's helpful for cases where Rolaids and Pepto Bismol don't give me relief. I feel just a bit off when I take it, but I'd rather feel out of it for a few hours instead of suffering through wicked heartburn.”

Frank Speaks · December 6, 2017

“Like many of the Users on this site, I have found that when CVS required me to use this pill manufactured by Aurobindo Pharma Limited from my prior manufacturer used by Rite Aid (little brown discs) that the Aurobindo product does NOT work, even in the 40 mg pill (designed in a white square with rounded edges with "CC" on one side and "61" on the other side. It is my opinion that this product is a phony and should be avoided”

STAY AWAY!!! · Taken for less than 1 month · January 27, 2022

“I’m not one to leave reviews on anything but I just got home from the ER tonight. The only thing they could come up with was e-coli in my stool. I started to think of what I’ve changed the past two weeks because that’s when my body literally began to shut down and show the horrible symptoms I’m experiencing now. It was like a “light bulb” moment for me….I started using this medicine at the exact time my issues began. I’m so thankful I found this forum to read and share my experience. OMG, I literally thought I was going to die this morning! I’ve experience HORRIBLE anxiety, insomnia, doom and gloom feelings of hopelessness, SEVERE body aches, chest pain, twitching, diarrhea, and HORRIBLE stomach pain. I think it honestly just reached an all time high in my body and caused me to have a break down. The doctors didn’t even think to mention it being a reason to anything I’ve been experiencing. DO NOT TAKE!”

Halc · Taken for less than 1 month · December 17, 2021

“Taking it for some days, one 40mg dose doesn't seems to be sufficient, if I take it in the morning, by late afternoon I start to feel again a little burning. Side effect wise I have anxiety, dizziness and nervouness. Not worth the hassle, better to stick with antacids or PPI's.”

Skinny · Taken for 10 years or more · January 28, 2020

“Been taking this famotidine medication every day for the last 11 years. Hopefully there's no serious side effect for long time use.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 15, 2019

“I have been taking famotidine for approximately three weeks indigestion and it helps none. It's a farce. I advise nobody to take this drug!”

Learn more about Indigestion