Acid Controller Original Strength
Generic Name: famotidine
Dosage Form: tablet
Medically reviewed on Jun 1, 2018
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Famotidine 10 mg
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- protect from moisture and light
carnauba wax, hypromellose, iron oxides, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Compare to Original Strength Pepcid® AC active ingredient
Famotidine Tablets, 10 mg
Just One Tablet Prevents & Relieves Heartburn Due to Acid Indigestion
Acid Controller Carton
|ACID CONTROLLER ORIGINAL STRENGTH
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|
More about Acid Controller Original Strength (famotidine)
- Acid Controller Original Strength Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: H2 antagonists