User Reviews for Pepcid

Pepcid has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings on Drugs.com. 56% of those users who reviewed Pepcid reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Duodenal Ulcer   8.0
Peptic Ulcer   7.0
GERD   6.8
Summary of Pepcid reviews 7.0 6 reviews

Florence April 15, 2020

For GERD: “I got so stressed with this Covid stuff and when very stressed I succumb to overeating, eating and spitting, it went on for a week and oh my gosh after a week the heartburn was crippling. One pepcid pill quieted things down. It been 1 hour and all is still in there thank goodness.”

Duke · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 26, 2019

For GERD: “I had been taking Ranitidine (300mg twice a day), but after that was recalled, I tried Pepcid Complete. It seemed to work for a month or so, taking one in the morning, and one in the evening. But then the acid reflux continued to be a problem so I am here looking at others drug reviews. On the Pepcid website it states: PEPCID® products are not indicated for the treatment of GERD. I am going to try my luck with Prilosec OTC, based on the reviews that gets on this site.”

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

“I was put on Pepcid for Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and it caused low mood, constipation, and heartburn which I did not have before taking. I need the H2 for histamine blockage, Pepcid is not the one to help me.”

RRH March 6, 2016

For GERD: “Been on this medication 15 days; noticed after 7 days a drop in sexual performance; after 14 days a complete inability to get an erection.”

wish2dance · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 6, 2015

For Urticaria: “Combined with prednisone 20mg twice daily, and Zyrtec, also with a Epsom salt bath with lye soap, it really does work, and quickly.”

oklahoma_sweetpea71 · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 27, 2013

For GERD: “I took Pepcid and Pepcid AC for years but like all Gas pills One pill could make me my stools solid "constipation" like for a couple of days.”

brianm July 13, 2010

For Duodenal Ulcer: “In my particular case, famotidine does not seem to relieve my symptoms on a consistent basis.”

Anonymous April 22, 2010

“Don't take too much and don't smoke cigarettes while using, both will make you sick.”

Anonymous May 19, 2008

For Peptic Ulcer: “Very good in milder cases.”