Other names: H2 blockers, histamine-2 receptor antagonists
What are H2 antagonists?
H2 antagonists block histamine-induced gastric acid secretion from the parietal cells of the gastric mucosa (lining of the stomach).
List of H2 antagonists:
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Medical conditions associated with H2 antagonists:
- Cutaneous Mastocytosis
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Gastric Ulcer Maintenance Treatment
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Human Papilloma Virus
- Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions
- Peptic Ulcer
- Stomach Ulcer
- Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis
- Surgical Prophylaxis
- Upper GI Hemorrhage
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome