User Reviews for Ranitidine

Also known as: Acid Control 150, Acid Control 75, Acid Reducer, Acid Reducer Non-Prescription Strength, Acid Relief, Berkley and Jensen Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Careone Acid Reducer, Deprizine, Equaline Heartburn Relief, Sunmark Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Taladine, Zantac, Zantac 150, Zantac 150 EFFERdose, Zantac 25 mg EFFERdose, Zantac 300, Zantac 300 GELdose, Zantac 75, Zantac EFFERdose, Zantac GELdose, Zantac Injection …show all brand names

Duodenal Ulcer

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis

1 review 28 medications
Summary of Ranitidine reviews 7.8 100 reviews

Reviews for Ranitidine

For Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions: "Works well. Sometimes need to supplement with Omiprazole (Nexium). On occasion at least lately may cause mild stomach upset."

Art (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2018

Zantac (ranitidine) for GERD: "Have GERD and have been coughing for over a year. I was taking omeprazole. Dr. trIed me on zantac and in one day the coughing has almost stopped. Yaaay wished I had used it sooner."

annie (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

For GERD: "I started having regular heartburn (everyday) when I was about 37 years. I was given ranitidine (150mg/day). It worked well. 2 years later I was pregnant and had awful heartburn. I jumped to taking 2 150 mg pills a day. 1.5 years later - I started having memory issues. Nothing major - but mixing up people's names, not being able to find the right word. I assumed it was lack of sleep due to having a young child. However, research pointed me toward vitamin b deficiencies as a cause of memory issues AND stomach acid inhibitors possibly blocking the absorption of vitamin b. I wonder if there was a connection between the 4 years of ranitidine and the memory? Also, gerd started after changing the birth control pills. Given my terrible heartburn during pregnancy, I wonder if the hormones caused the gerd. At 44 - I've been off birth control and off ranitidine for years. Heartburn occurs about 1x/month. Memory is better, but issues linger."

JC (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for Indigestion: "What a despicable amount of packaging for such a tiny bottle. Your brand is successful enough to not to need such a waste of earth’s resources to get the customer to notice it on the shelf when we are already looking for it. Please think of the future of our planet."

Earth warrior (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2018

For GERD: "My son was prescribed this for reflux about 4 years ago. After about 6 months he started getting a pimply rash, here and there. He was almost 13 so I thought it was acne.Then it got worse, until it was almost all over. I research everything, so I did, looking for the answer. Nothing worked (changing to hypoallergenic laundry soap and bath soap, checking anything changed recently). I took him to a dermatologist who tried many different creams, ointments, lotions, etc, which didn't work. So I went back to researching, but further back in the timeline, and came across ranitidine. I found 1 persons case- reported by a Dr- who had gotten a rash. It went away when the medication was stopped. So we stopped it. It took a few weeks but then slowly a few spots disappeared, then more. It took months to totally clear up.The dermatologist never checked side effects to the meds. Sometimes we have to be our own doctor. I didn't think about the ranitidine because the rash took so long to show."

olive6 March 26, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I get heartburn and acid reflux so bad it feels like I can’t breathe. This is the only medicine that works for me. I get relief in about 30 minutes. I have been taking this medicine frequently for the last 15 years with none of the side effects others have described. I do not go anywhere without this medicine - no exaggeration - I have a bottle in my car, my purse, my desk at work, my bathroom, and kitchen. It is a lifesaver for me."

Mama Mia (taken for 10 years or more) March 12, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I don't even know where to start. I have never felt more miserable on a drug in my life. Before taking it, I had suddenly been losing a ton of weight and having issues sleeping at night due to waking up cold, shaky, and ill-feeling. An urgent care doctor mentioned that I probably have gastritis and this was given to me. I am currently about three days in and I can't do it anymore. This morning, after taking my morning dose, I found myself almost immediately hit with incredible weakness, nausea, headache, and what must be a panic attack. It's horrible. This drug makes me feel like I'm going to fall asleep, but the second I close my eyes it feels like I'm on a roller coaster and start having unpleasant sounds and visions go through my head. I have actually found myself practically unable to eat most of the time while taking this, even less than I was previously able to without it."

Mvir (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "Ever since I put on weight, I’ve been experiencing occasional reflux (about once a week). I never knew how painful reflux could be. Another symptom I’ve been having is regurgitation and belching. At times, I’ll wake up coughing because I’m choking on regurgitate. It’s scary and leaves my esophagus and throat burning. ZANTAC is my go-to. It works every time. Tonight I had reflux and I felt it dissipate within 5 minutes of taking the Zantac tablet. The pain was completely gone in 10 minutes. I’ve also started sleeping with my head up about 30 degrees and that helps too."

AbiRN December 4, 2017

Zantac (ranitidine) for Erosive Esophagitis: "Have severe acid reflux. I take 300 mgs right be fore bed and it works wonders. I have been using Zantac for years! I wouldn't leave the house without it! It's my miracle drug!! ❤️"

Sarena828 (taken for 10 years or more) November 23, 2017

For GERD: "I have had severe pain in my ears and behind left eye for 10 + yrs now. I've seen my family Dr and 2 ear specialists. Nothing can be explained or found wrong. In 2016, I was diagnosed with GERD. The med made me sicker. Then was told to rake ranitidine. At first it was hard , one pill every 12 hrs. So careful of food intake day and night. Then after 6 months of ranitidine , I noticed I haven't had any ear pain or eye pain. I now take ranitidine about every 18 hrs and notice the ear and eye pain creeping up. Though ranitidine does help immensely, it's the ear pain or lack of that ranitidine has cured. Who knew ****"

katlady333 October 16, 2017

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I love this medicine"

ROB G (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "Stopped Nexium and Dr prescribed 150 mg generic Zantac (Ranitidine) twice daily. About 14 hours from the first dose the GERD was back in full force. At 3AM I resorted to 20 mg of Nexium and another 20 mg an hour later. Worst night in many years. Not sure if it takes time for this medicine to build up in my system but I can't suffer from GERD and it did not work the first day."

Slocum C October 8, 2017

For GERD: "I am a renal patient so PPI are no good for me, I take 150 Zantac daily and it does NOTHING for my GERD, I'm at a loss I'm told I have to just "deal" with it."

Anonymous June 28, 2017

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I had already been prescribed Protonix 40 mgs twice a day from my regular doctor, and when I went to my GI gastroparesis motility specialist, he found that I needed another GERD medicine as well so he prescribed me 150 mgs of Zantac to take at night before bed. It was controlled well, I thought, with the Protonix, but it's gotten even better with the Zantac. I hardly ever have food creep back up now and I don't burp nearly as much as I used to."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2017

For Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis: "This Ranitidine did not help duodenal ulcer, my acid reflux, my acid nothing I am now using a medication called sucralfate and it's working like a dream! ps. I have Chronic pancreatitis... what enzymes? I have to take Pancrealipase to digest."

Steph6355 May 12, 2017

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "My acid reflux has been so bad that I thought it was bile reflux. My mouth was sour all the time; my stomach was bloated all the time; I just felt sick. I tried half a dozen different things including Gasx, prilosec, gaviscon and others. None of them helped. I tried Zantac three days ago and have been taking two a day ever since and my symptoms are gone. Alka Seltzer gives me some immediate relief and I've been taking Alka Seltzer all my adult life, but Zantac just clears up the whole sour mess that has made my life miserable."

marasaud May 7, 2017

Zantac (ranitidine) for GERD: "22 yr old with horrible and frightening nocturnal panic attacks 2-3 hrs after falling asleep every night. Waking up in a confused state with vivid images making no sense, yet feeling a need to act on them before realizing the situation wasn't real. Researched on my own and discovered a definite correlation between ranitidine and panic attacks. Stopped taking Zantac 3 weeks ago and have not experienced a panic attack since. Feel like I was reborn. Ridiculous drug with far too many untold or unknown side effects. Stay away from this. After asking different psychiatrists, only half knew Zantac can cause or worsen panic/anxiety."

Genna W (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "***ZANTAC CAUSES PANIC ATTACKS*** I was prescribed Zantac regularly (1-2x daily) for acid reflux. I developed notably worsened anxiety and nocturnal panic attacks where I would wake up almost every night 2-3 hours after falling asleep with episodes of vivid nonsensical dream-like episodes lasting 2-3 hours. I would have a hard time figuring out simple things like how to open my door or plug in my phone charger to call home. I would keep parents on the phone for 2-3 hours asking them to come get me for no reason even when I had work the next morning. I was constantly confused and dizzy even during the day and it began significantly affecting my work performance. I did research on my own and found out Zantac can cause all the above. I contacted my psychiatrist, who did not know I was on Zantac and they told me Zantac can do this and has had several patients experience this. Since I stopped taking Zantac I have slept full nights with no episodes & minimal to no anxiety. I have never had any experience like this prior to being on Zantac. I would NEVER recommend anyone take Zantac."

AntiZantac May 2, 2017

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "Horrible side effects. My mouth and tongue swelled up. Difficulty swallowing which is why the doctor prescribed it for me in the first place. He said it was a symptom of "silent" acid reflux. Found a rash on my leg. Heart palpitations and massive stomach aches. Didn't do a thing for reflux or the belching and burping it was suppose to cure."

Firebird7478 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

Zantac 300 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I'm moving away from Nexium to Zantac to combat my GERD and acid reflux. So far, one month taking, I have not had any reflux or heartburn. I'm in the process of modifying my diet to reduce stomach acids as well. I am apprehensive about Nexium side effects over long term use that's why I'm using Zantac 300 at bedtime."

Marla55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

For GERD: "I was on this for about a month first few weeks were great it was like I'd got my life back but sadly short lived as after those weeks the acid started flaring again and by forth week very intense acid reflux that for two days I could hardly slept, as I was up both nights belching and got little sleep and kept waking up. I've decided to come off it see my doctor on Friday for alternatives or tests as can no longer cope"

Kayak7878u8 January 26, 2017

For GERD: "After spending my whole life with GERD and suffering from it in ways I hadn't even noticed at the time, this drug was amazing. The only annoying part was that I could feel it, almost like a blockage in the base of my throat when I took it, but that was a small price to pay for the ability to eat/drink whatever I wanted and not have to chew on Tums later. I think it had actually been prescribed for GERD-related bronchial spasms (though I'm not positive), and those went away as well. I was completely ecstatic while I was using this, though!"

RGRL (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

For Indigestion: "A 150mg tablet twice daily does a very effective job of calming down stomach acid and acid reflux."

Cleetus Farragamo December 17, 2016

For GERD: "best drug ever, I had a horrible pepper/spicy curry with burning sensation, trouble breathing, bad discomfort like I was in septic shock or something chest pains, spasms in the throat, within two days of taking 300mg of ranitidine per day it has got me back on my feet! I was on 60mg lansoprazole per day a month prior to this with not much of an effect I do take both together so it could be the both meds!"

kwd897 November 26, 2016

For Indigestion: "Gas, bloating, nausea, spitting up froth, feeling of tightness in the chest, extreme debilitating pain in waves in left shoulder radiating into left shoulder blade, pain in lower back, chills, runny nose"

Crooked Creek gypsy lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016