User Reviews for Ranitidine

Also known as: Zantac, Zantac 150, Zantac 75, Deprizine, Acid Reducer, Zantac Injection, Careone Acid Reducer, Zantac 25 mg EFFERdose, Berkley and Jensen Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Acid Reducer Non-Prescription Strength, Acid Relief, Sunmark Acid Reducer Maximum Strength Zantac 150 EFFERdose Acid Control 75 Equaline Heartburn Relief Acid Control 150 …show all brand names

Erosive Esophagitis 10.0
Laryngopharyngeal Reflux 1.0
Summary of Ranitidine reviews 7.3 150 reviews

Reviews for Ranitidine

petluv · Taken for 10 years or more May 25, 2020

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: “I have severe GERD and have tried every medication I can think of. PPI's Tagamet, which made me VERY constipated. The only one that works for me is Zantac 150 mg twice a day. I know about the recall but I really think it is much to do about nothing since the chemical NDMA they are talking about is found in our food and water. I am not sure what I am going to do since I am unable to take anything else that gives me relief. I have been taking Zantac for over 20 years with no side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2020

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: “Am a young patient with GERD, had it since I was 15, and now I'm 20. This medicine also always makes me vomit, a few hours from taking it. The sensation can't be held back, it just forces you to vomit, even in the middle of the night when you wanted overnight relief. I was told to get GERD-relieving meds over the counter until doctor prescribed Famotidine and it works wonders!”

Me · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2020

Zantac (ranitidine) for Indigestion: “The only reason ZANTAC was taken off the market was because it worked. How are we the HUMAN POPULATION suppose to find something that doesn't have chemicals that may or may not cause cancer? Unfortunately we are not chemist so didn't get their cut from the drug companies pulled this scare. Shame on all of them”

carlton1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2020

For GERD: “Ok folks I can only speak for myself ranitidine does work but the side effects are horrific for me, insomnia, anxiety, lightheadedness upset stomach the list is endless. To the extent my GP was going to send me down the mental health road. So I stopped taking em.. result; my anxiety down, sleep better , calmness good. It has been a nightmare 6 months, if I can help I would suggest you question the medication. It's a double edged sword, no gain without pain, but it surely should not be like this in the 21st century. I really do feel for you people you are not alone.”

Teh Nicole · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 17, 2020

For Indigestion: “This ranitidine drug is good but lately all has been recall at my country, cannot survive without it, I have heartburn everyday”

JackRyan · Taken for 10 years or more December 26, 2019

Zantac (ranitidine): “My condition is allergic swelling of throat, hive, lips, toungue, eyelid, hive over entire body Zantac + Zyrtec has been the ONLY thing that has allowed me to even live. Without it I'm in the hospital every other month for prednisone shots. I've used every allergy medicine on the pharmacy shelf and some that are not on there any more over the last 40 years and I don't know how it will SURVIVE with out the Rantadine/Zantac if it is kept it off the market.”

Charlene · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 15, 2019

For Indigestion: “It stopped my stomach ache. It's really good.”

pa · Taken for 10 years or more December 6, 2019

Zantac (ranitidine) for Indigestion: “I have taken this for about 30 Years Only thing that has contributed my acid problem AND NOW I CAN'T GET BECAUSE THE FDA HAS DECIDED THAT there is a SLIGHT CHANCE IT IS CARCINOGEN ISN'T THAT WHY IT HAD TO BE THROUGHLY TESTED BEFORE APPROVAL ”

Mutt · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2019

For Stomach Ulcer: “Burning in stomach, swelling in your stomach.”

GeorgeF77 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 18, 2019

For GERD: “I took Rantadine as prescribed by my doctor for 1 year. I got sicker every day. My stomach bloated to the point that I looked pregnant, every muscle in my body ached. I got to the point that I could not get out of bed and my doctor could not figure out what was wrong with me. We never thought to link it to Rantidine but woe and behold a few days after the medication got recalled I began to bounce back. It is odd that I am the only one speaking up on this since there are many other people that experienced this. The makers of rantidine better hope there is no permanent damage or I will indeed sue.”

Nicci · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2019

For Laryngopharyngeal Reflux: “I have taken Omprazole for years without any issues, fantastic drug, however I suffer with Helibactor every year and to have the test I have to stop Omprazole and take Ranitidine instead, normally I am fine but this time I took 2 instead of 1 as the acid was still coming up and it was painful, this had side affects of * severe neck pain *migraines *sickness *Dizzy *Confused *Tired but unable to sleep Never again.”

Tdiddy · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 22, 2019

For GERD: “The compound ranitidine does not cause cancer. A possible cancer-causing (carcinogenic) agent was found as contaminant or unwanted by-product in ranitidine produced by two manufacturers: Sandoz Inc. and Apotex Corp. Since there is no information yet on how or why the contaminant is present in these generic preparations, it is uncertain at this time if this is likely in all current ranitidine products. It may be due to a variance in temperature during the manufacturing process or some other human error. I continue to use my round, orange “IP 253” pill from a different manufacturer.”

Harp player · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 20, 2019

For GERD: “ranitidine gives me severe cramps in legs”

Teh Nicole · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 7, 2019

For GERD: “I've been on Ranitidine for almost 2 years it work great for heartburn, I take before food and it did reduce the bloat. But currently it has been recall....any suggestions on the replacement drug or any brand still available”

Barbs · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 5, 2019

For GERD: “Was commenced on Omeprazole 3 years ago for nausea and gastric discomfort. Didn’t work for me ... felt like a brick in my stomach. GP then prescribed Lansoprazole and with this the nausea returned. I was then commenced on Ranitidine which for me is a wonder drug. I’m now down to 150mg in evening. However I am concerned about the fact that there is some evidence to link this drug to some cancers. I continue to take it until more evidence is available. Have discussed with GP and she agrees.”

Lab Rat · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2019

Zantac (ranitidine) for Indigestion: “This medication has been for sale for almost 40 years and they are now just finding out it causes cancer. A pharmacy called Valisure tested and found it to have high levels of NMDA.”

JoanneS0 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 3, 2019

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: “Used to work well for my acid reflux but recently started making me nauseous, to the point I feel like I'm going to throw up. Tried Zantac 75 and had the same result.”

Leo · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

For Indigestion: “I have generalized anxiety disorder but panic attacks are pretty rare (maybe once per week). However, the three times I took zantac for indigestion I experienced a panic attack. I wonder whether there's a connection as others have reported. This needs to be studied.”

a PERSON · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

For Indigestion: “I have had diarrhea, most days for over twenty years - severe bloating - am obese despite eating 500 calories on average - I do not over eat. I very very very rarely eat a large plate of food - I have never eaten 3 meals a day - never added sugar - do not have puddings - do not have fast food etc. I eat salad - no dressing. A doctor said I had IBS and gave me Ranitidene - I took it for about a month - but stopped - due to very severe intense pain under right ribcage. VERY SCARY!”

Jacque · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 18, 2019

Zantac (ranitidine) for GERD: “On the recommendation of my stomach doctor, I took a proton blocker for GERD. Heard about the long term bad side effects so decided to try Zantac. It was so damn hard weaning off the proton blocker; but did with the help of acupuncture and eating more low fat calcium food like cottage cheese. I take a Zantac thirty minutes before breakfast. About 11 hours later, I take another Zantac, then eat supper about thirty minutes later. If I start to have acid, I take a Viactiv calcium chewable and a Viactiv calcium chewable before bedtime. I avoid acid triggers like onion and alcohol. Hardly cough anymore and can now sleep on my left side.”

Anonymously · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 6, 2019

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: “I'm a young adult who experienced with GERD through my teenage years, finally got diagnosed with it at 18. Was on Zantac for a bit, but sadly it kept making me vomit to the point taking it overnight would wake up my in the middle of the night to vomit what I couldn't hold back. My doctor then prescribed pepcip (famotidine) and it works wonders while being gentle on the stomach, I recommend for others!”

SG · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 6, 2019

For GERD: “It works well for my acid reflux but has started giving me terrible headaches and insomnia ”

Rlp August 22, 2019

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for Indigestion: “I am one year post RNY gastric bypass. I have had severe stomach pain for the last week. My doctor almost hospitalized me due to this pain. He decided to have me take ranitidine 150 mg. I had this pain for nearly a week, about 45 minutes after the first dose, my severe pain was gone. Omeprazole was prescribed by my surgeon and it didn't help. The ranitidine is a life saver.”

Becka · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 1, 2019

For GERD: “Been on this medicine for 5 years, two 150mg tablets morning and evening. Normally need to take Rennies at night for heartburn. Did switch to Omprazole for a week as felt it wasn't working, feeling out of breath after eating and not being able to burp but the dreadful side effects got too much so back on Ranatidine. For the last 6 days been feeling extremely tired and weak with lightheadiness. Doctor said my pulse is too slow and has arranged a heart monitoring test and blood tests in a fortnight. I now see a rare side effect of this medicine is heart damage/Bradycardia but doctor didn't mention this medicine could be the cause if it. I don't know whether to come off this medicine or not but maybe just take it at night? All I know is I'm too light headed to do much at the moment and I'm scared.”

Pika · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2019

For Indigestion: “Caused a lot of abdominal pain, gas, sweating for hours and hours. Made acid reflux worse.”