User Reviews for Ranitidine

Also known as: Acid Control 150, Acid Control 75, Acid Reducer Non-Prescription Strength, Acid Relief, Berkley and Jensen Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Careone Acid Reducer, Deprizine, Equaline Heartburn Relief, Sunmark Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Taladine, Zantac, Zantac 150, Zantac 150 EFFERdose, Zantac 25 mg EFFERdose, Zantac 300, ...show all 20 brand names

Learn more about Ranitidine.

Duodenal Ulcer 2 reviews 137 medications

Eczema 2 reviews 253 medications

6.5
Summary of Ranitidine reviews 71 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Ranitidine

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I was unable to sleep and was relieved to find I had some Zantac. After an hour symptoms had absolutely no change and I felt like I was just swollowing more glass."

Trevsuther (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For GERD: "Works well, but still get a little GERD"

stormy699 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 1, 2016

Zantac (ranitidine) for Erosive Esophagitis: "When I tell you that this little pill or ivy /Zantac liquid works WONDERS !!!! ive had/have the worst nauseous feeling bad diarrhea for the last five days as soon as I took this pill it jus sat there burning the food holding it down ahh man I'm so happy now relief of pain but also with a better diet it's way better"

Janay s.norris May 26, 2016

For GERD: "After experiencing GERD for years and then discovering a hiatal hernia, I had a Nissen fundoplication surgery. Before the surgery I had never thought of surgery as an option. But the GERD got so bad that I went to the ER with heart complaints. My stomach had gone into my abdomen and was causing breathing problems. There were no heart problems it was concluded after many tests and $22,000 bill, cover mostly by Medicare. So I went back to my internist and she sent me to a gastroenterologist who said there was a solution. I said, can you operate today, Jokingly. Secretly, I really meant it because I was in so much pain and had a great loss of energy. After doing some tests she scheduled me for surgery the following week. I'm like, I wish I had done this 20 years ago. I have very little discomfort which I can handle with the generic of Zantac. I feel 20 years younger, and I'm almost to 80! For those of you who don't know about the surgery, I definitely recommend that you look into it. It solved so many problems for me. And following it up with a simple acid reducer makes life doable again."

Cabierjoyce (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

Zantac (ranitidine) for GERD: "I had been prescribed this medication, I was to take it every morning and night to prevent my symptoms of GERD. I had done that for about a month or less, and I was also to take it when the pain had come. It worked wonderfully. I had stopped taking the medication, and then when I did need the pain to stop, the medication was and is still ineffective."

HelenaClareV March 2, 2016

For GERD: "Acid Reflux settled in my ears, 10 years of tubes and finally found doc that told me it was acid reflux. I did have mild gerd sporadically. I am up to 300 mil 2x daily of Ranididine. No more tubes. Acid under control. If I don't take meds ears itch. Burning stomach is back. I try to control portions but I love the spicy food. So I stick with Randidine. Works within in the hour. I also think it helps keep some allergies symptoms down a bit."

Moe C January 15, 2016

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for Stomach Ulcer: "Didn't take away pain in 1 months"

Devon107 January 14, 2016

For Eczema: "Rash was very, very small bumps, some slightly visible but more so you could feel them more than see them. Itching is awful, it feels like ants crawling under my skin. This was after using this medication for a week. I had never used it before. It seemed to work somewhat but just taking it for a week wasn't really long enough to give a true report concerning how effective it was."

rash over entire body (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 27, 2015

Zantac (ranitidine) for GERD: "Had pain in my stomach about 20 to 30 minutes after eating for the last 3 years. Was not taking any medications for my stomach but my husband was taking zantac so one day I asked him if it would help me. He didn't know so I would looked it up and found it helped a lot of conditions similar to mine. I realize I need an endoscopy but until I can make an appointment zantac is helping me a lot and I'm not suffering the continuous 24-hour pain that it had gotten to be over the last 6 months. Wish I had not waited so long to inquire about this medicine"

Beatnik (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2015

Zantac (ranitidine) for Indigestion: "My mother has been sick for years... when I say years... I mean I'm 39 I can remember her not being able to keep food down when I was a teenager. She's had every medical procedure, every treatment you can imagine. She's on medication for other illness (antipsychotic meds) but nothing has ever worked for her. Finally, I suggested maybe you can try Zantac... to date, it's been a full month without her throwing up her food! Whatever is in this stuff... we truly believe it's gonna save her life! Thank you."

1meek1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

For Indigestion: "Always works for me. My indigestion is periodic depending on factors I haven't been able to pin down, so I don't take the drug before meals, but wait until I'm sure my stomach pain is rising. and then take two 75 mg ranitidine which reduce the pain within 15 minutes, and eliminate it entirely within 30 minutes. Antacids don't work for me."

tideview (taken for 10 years or more) November 21, 2015

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "My pregnancy has brought on horrible acid reflex. I spend most of my days puking acid, and being on fire. This occurs from NOT eating, AND eating. I've never experienced anything like this fire. I've tried Nexium, tums, Maalox. None helped me. I bought Zantac just two days ago, and its made a change. I still have to be very strict on timing, and what brings on even harsher acid. HERE IS THE ZANTAC STEPS THAT WORK FOR ME. Eat, and let the acid come on. I don't take it till my food has gone down a bit. Maybe 30 mins after. Its hard to stand the sizzle, but if I take it too soon, I don't feel it. So I take it with a small amount of water at first. It's pretty intense, but fast working."

Pregnant with bad GERD (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2015

Zantac (ranitidine) for GERD: "works well good option vs proton pump inhibitors"

stormy699 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2015

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "Thank you. Zantac. I had a gerd attack. And about 20 minutes after 150 mg .. A 93 percent, improvement. Thank you so much. Jon."

Jon jalama September 1, 2015

For GERD: "As I've just recently started taking Ranitidine HCL 150 mg tablets it is my desire to see it help to prevent all these heartburn attacks as I call them. I've been having several attacks feeling as if I'm having a heart attack several times a week. As of late it has got so much worse, and I'm not exactly sure why. I usually don't know stomach acid is being sent from my stomach upperward, due to my also having a hyial hernia. Where the hyial hernia is located is always where the pain starts and remains the worst. "The pain that is becoming much worse with each and every attack. Again as I've already stated It's my hope that with the use of Ranitidine HCL and Pantropazole that both these medications taken will stop this."

marthagray (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2015

For Indigestion: "I had a spot of gastritis. First had to take 150mg twice a day, but still had issues so I went up to 300mg twice a day, and sometimes still having issues..."

deegeeplouise (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

For GERD: "I was considered "special" and was taking 150mg Zantac and 40mg pantoprazole. The doctor varied my treatment over a period of one year but I was still complaining of burning tongue. Different doctor advised Zantac only as needed and 2-1/2 weeks later, I feel so much better."

lehua (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 25, 2015

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I had bad, wheezy coughing and doctors thought it might be COPD. Then, on a hunch, my great doctor thought the coughing might be due to my GERD so she suggested Zantac150 twice a day. What a difference! I still need an inhaler, but my cough is otherwise gone...and it was REALLY bad for months (even with inhalers). Been on Zantac for about 2 weeks - no discernible side effects."

McRocket (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2015

For GERD: "My experience with this medication has been great. Until today. This medication will make you test positive for amphetamines or methamphetamines. Today I went to take a blood test for a job. I FAILED for methamphetamines. I didn't get the job obviously. I found out about this by googling every medication I take, and ranitidine is known to cause false positives for methamphetamine. Users of this medication beware."

tim fauble February 11, 2015

For GERD: "My 12 year old son has GERD that gets worse when school starts and better over the summer. 2 years ago he was on Ranitidine 150 1x per day and Nexium 1x per day for months. Now he takes Ratinidine for flares. I have found that a good diet, reduced stress, and taking digestive enzyme supplements before meals help to avoid meds. When he does have a flare up of reflux, Ratinidine works well to get it under control."

lrit (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2015

For GERD: "I have taken everything for 20 years dealing with mild to even severe side effects . I had to go on ranitidine as a last resort. I take Zantac 150mg. 2 times per day . It helps but I have to supplement with tums and baking soda and water. I now suffer from lost sex drive, erectile dysfunction. I have lost most all sense of smell, I have trouble going to sleep, figiting legs etc. I went off for a while and actually did much better but my doctor said to go back on it. So I did now I am back to the same symptoms as described. I am going to stop again I can't do this."

scullins (taken for 10 years or more) January 15, 2015

Zantac (ranitidine) for GERD: "Zantac 75 gives me a 2 hour window with pain relief. Wish there were a longer acting option."

looseal (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2014

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I am taking prescription Zantac 150 and not sure if there's a difference to the over the counter one but I love this medication. I had missed a week of work from throwing up every little thing even a sip of water and would be stuck there for over 30 minutes and had previously been sick almost every morning and occasionally during the day but always felt nausea and heartburn. Have taken Zantac 150 with prescription meclizine 25 mg and was feeling better the next day. I still get sick from time to time and feel like I lose a weeks worth of food but isn't everyday and nausea and heartburn got less aggressive. Haven't had any side effects. Totally recommend to anyone having stomach issues."

katlover (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2014

For : "I have suffered extreme stomach pains, which has turned into shock like symptoms and nervousness with not being able to eat my body and mind shut down. I was prescribed all sorts of medicines none of which helped me at all and often caused more problems. Until I was given ranitidine which is an actual lifesaver, works straight away. I can eat and feel like me again."

Seeingdouble (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 19, 2014

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for Duodenal Ulcer: "I take Ranitidine (150mg) twice a day, everyday. Taking it usually helps calm my stomach down but if I don't take another pill soon, the pain will come back unless I eat a small meal."

Anonymous March 16, 2014