User Reviews for Ranitidine

Also known as: Acid Control 150, Acid Control 75, Acid Reducer, Acid Reducer Non-Prescription Strength, Acid Relief, Berkley and Jensen Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Careone Acid Reducer, Deprizine, Equaline Heartburn Relief, Sunmark Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Taladine, Zantac, Zantac 150, Zantac 150 EFFERdose, Zantac 25 mg EFFERdose, Zantac 300, Zantac 300 GELdose, Zantac 75, Zantac EFFERdose, Zantac GELdose, Zantac Injection …show all brand names

Duodenal Ulcer

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis

1 review 28 medications
Summary of Ranitidine reviews 7.8 108 reviews

Reviews for Ranitidine

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "Rantac or zantac both should be rated world no.1 medicine because every time I use it works and gives quick relief all stomach related problem. Since I have some digestion problem and if I forget to take rantac problems . But since I took it after my stomach all cleared and feel amazing health is back on track.."

Pasha (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 7, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for Stomach Ulcer: "This drug probably won't work on it's own. I was taking 2 of these a day because the ER doctor prescribed it. It seemed to be working because it relieved the pain. But my poop still looked weird. When more blood came I added the prescription dose of prilosec [40 mgs/day] and my poop was brown again. (I also added probiotics.)"

stomach pain (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "It works great and it's very cheap OTC in the store brands. My insurance still covers the 150mg zantac in the generic form. I prefer zantac over nexium and prilosec. Both of the PPI's worked well, but I am a chronic pain patient and for some reason while taking nexium or prilosec it would inhibit the morphine ER from absorbing enough and my urine screens wouldn't show the morphine in my system when it was in there. I would stop the nexium or the prilosec, it happened with both of these medications. After I would stop them, The urine test would start to detect the Morphine ER. test. Both times my doctor sent me to the hospital to get other drug tests that did in fact show the Morphine ER in my system, so after that she put me on Zantac and I haven't had anymore issues. It works great, I don't have ulcers or anymore heartburn. I take 150mg once per day."

cvdixon29 July 19, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "Prilosec didn't work for me. Tried zantac 150 twice day, and finally the burn went away. Relief, love this drug."

Lynn (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I was in agony and vomiting 45 minutes ago, now after taking zantac I am exhausted, but pain free. Going to take a second pill so I get a full 24 hours of relief from pain and vomiting. My only qualm is waiting 45 mins for relief when you are in such pain seems like an eternity!"

pain girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for Indigestion: "Love it I can eat or drink anything NO MORE HEARTBURN AND INDIGESTION"

Pat (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

For GERD: "I experienced bearable but significant pain exactly in the middle of the chest. As prescribed by doctor I took zantac 150, 15 mins before food but after taking food I am now experiencing heavy chest tightness. This is for the 2nd time in this week."

PRAKASH (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I have been using Zantac 150 for over 12 years, when stricken 1 Zantac will take effect within 30 to 45 minutes. When GERD is real bad I will take another in an hour and stops the symptoms until the next flare up, usually some time the next day. My life was almost unbearable before I started medicating with Zantac. Thank you so much for all the relief for so many years. Wish product was not so expensive,"

Gjg (taken for 10 years or more) May 24, 2018

For Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions: "Works well. Sometimes need to supplement with Omiprazole (Nexium). On occasion at least lately may cause mild stomach upset."

Art (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2018

Zantac (ranitidine) for GERD: "Have GERD and have been coughing for over a year. I was taking omeprazole. Dr. trIed me on zantac and in one day the coughing has almost stopped. Yaaay wished I had used it sooner."

annie (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

For GERD: "I started having regular heartburn (everyday) when I was about 37 years. I was given ranitidine (150mg/day). It worked well. 2 years later I was pregnant and had awful heartburn. I jumped to taking 2 150 mg pills a day. 1.5 years later - I started having memory issues. Nothing major - but mixing up people's names, not being able to find the right word. I assumed it was lack of sleep due to having a young child. However, research pointed me toward vitamin b deficiencies as a cause of memory issues AND stomach acid inhibitors possibly blocking the absorption of vitamin b. I wonder if there was a connection between the 4 years of ranitidine and the memory? Also, gerd started after changing the birth control pills. Given my terrible heartburn during pregnancy, I wonder if the hormones caused the gerd. At 44 - I've been off birth control and off ranitidine for years. Heartburn occurs about 1x/month. Memory is better, but issues linger."

JC (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for Indigestion: "What a despicable amount of packaging for such a tiny bottle. Your brand is successful enough to not to need such a waste of earth’s resources to get the customer to notice it on the shelf when we are already looking for it. Please think of the future of our planet."

Earth warrior (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2018

For GERD: "My son was prescribed this for reflux about 4 years ago. After about 6 months he started getting a pimply rash, here and there. He was almost 13 so I thought it was acne.Then it got worse, until it was almost all over. I research everything, so I did, looking for the answer. Nothing worked (changing to hypoallergenic laundry soap and bath soap, checking anything changed recently). I took him to a dermatologist who tried many different creams, ointments, lotions, etc, which didn't work. So I went back to researching, but further back in the timeline, and came across ranitidine. I found 1 persons case- reported by a Dr- who had gotten a rash. It went away when the medication was stopped. So we stopped it. It took a few weeks but then slowly a few spots disappeared, then more. It took months to totally clear up.The dermatologist never checked side effects to the meds. Sometimes we have to be our own doctor. I didn't think about the ranitidine because the rash took so long to show."

olive6 March 26, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I get heartburn and acid reflux so bad it feels like I can’t breathe. This is the only medicine that works for me. I get relief in about 30 minutes. I have been taking this medicine frequently for the last 15 years with none of the side effects others have described. I do not go anywhere without this medicine - no exaggeration - I have a bottle in my car, my purse, my desk at work, my bathroom, and kitchen. It is a lifesaver for me."

Mama Mia (taken for 10 years or more) March 12, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I don't even know where to start. I have never felt more miserable on a drug in my life. Before taking it, I had suddenly been losing a ton of weight and having issues sleeping at night due to waking up cold, shaky, and ill-feeling. An urgent care doctor mentioned that I probably have gastritis and this was given to me. I am currently about three days in and I can't do it anymore. This morning, after taking my morning dose, I found myself almost immediately hit with incredible weakness, nausea, headache, and what must be a panic attack. It's horrible. This drug makes me feel like I'm going to fall asleep, but the second I close my eyes it feels like I'm on a roller coaster and start having unpleasant sounds and visions go through my head. I have actually found myself practically unable to eat most of the time while taking this, even less than I was previously able to without it."

Mvir (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "Ever since I put on weight, I’ve been experiencing occasional reflux (about once a week). I never knew how painful reflux could be. Another symptom I’ve been having is regurgitation and belching. At times, I’ll wake up coughing because I’m choking on regurgitate. It’s scary and leaves my esophagus and throat burning. ZANTAC is my go-to. It works every time. Tonight I had reflux and I felt it dissipate within 5 minutes of taking the Zantac tablet. The pain was completely gone in 10 minutes. I’ve also started sleeping with my head up about 30 degrees and that helps too."

AbiRN December 4, 2017

Zantac (ranitidine) for Erosive Esophagitis: "Have severe acid reflux. I take 300 mgs right be fore bed and it works wonders. I have been using Zantac for years! I wouldn't leave the house without it! It's my miracle drug!! ❤️"

Sarena828 (taken for 10 years or more) November 23, 2017

For GERD: "I have had severe pain in my ears and behind left eye for 10 + yrs now. I've seen my family Dr and 2 ear specialists. Nothing can be explained or found wrong. In 2016, I was diagnosed with GERD. The med made me sicker. Then was told to rake ranitidine. At first it was hard , one pill every 12 hrs. So careful of food intake day and night. Then after 6 months of ranitidine , I noticed I haven't had any ear pain or eye pain. I now take ranitidine about every 18 hrs and notice the ear and eye pain creeping up. Though ranitidine does help immensely, it's the ear pain or lack of that ranitidine has cured. Who knew ****"

katlady333 October 16, 2017

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I love this medicine"

ROB G (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "Stopped Nexium and Dr prescribed 150 mg generic Zantac (Ranitidine) twice daily. About 14 hours from the first dose the GERD was back in full force. At 3AM I resorted to 20 mg of Nexium and another 20 mg an hour later. Worst night in many years. Not sure if it takes time for this medicine to build up in my system but I can't suffer from GERD and it did not work the first day."

Slocum C October 8, 2017

For GERD: "I am a renal patient so PPI are no good for me, I take 150 Zantac daily and it does NOTHING for my GERD, I'm at a loss I'm told I have to just "deal" with it."

Anonymous June 28, 2017

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "I had already been prescribed Protonix 40 mgs twice a day from my regular doctor, and when I went to my GI gastroparesis motility specialist, he found that I needed another GERD medicine as well so he prescribed me 150 mgs of Zantac to take at night before bed. It was controlled well, I thought, with the Protonix, but it's gotten even better with the Zantac. I hardly ever have food creep back up now and I don't burp nearly as much as I used to."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2017

For Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis: "This Ranitidine did not help duodenal ulcer, my acid reflux, my acid nothing I am now using a medication called sucralfate and it's working like a dream! ps. I have Chronic pancreatitis... what enzymes? I have to take Pancrealipase to digest."

Steph6355 May 12, 2017

Zantac 150 (ranitidine) for GERD: "My acid reflux has been so bad that I thought it was bile reflux. My mouth was sour all the time; my stomach was bloated all the time; I just felt sick. I tried half a dozen different things including Gasx, prilosec, gaviscon and others. None of them helped. I tried Zantac three days ago and have been taking two a day ever since and my symptoms are gone. Alka Seltzer gives me some immediate relief and I've been taking Alka Seltzer all my adult life, but Zantac just clears up the whole sour mess that has made my life miserable."

marasaud May 7, 2017

Zantac (ranitidine) for GERD: "22 yr old with horrible and frightening nocturnal panic attacks 2-3 hrs after falling asleep every night. Waking up in a confused state with vivid images making no sense, yet feeling a need to act on them before realizing the situation wasn't real. Researched on my own and discovered a definite correlation between ranitidine and panic attacks. Stopped taking Zantac 3 weeks ago and have not experienced a panic attack since. Feel like I was reborn. Ridiculous drug with far too many untold or unknown side effects. Stay away from this. After asking different psychiatrists, only half knew Zantac can cause or worsen panic/anxiety."

Genna W (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017