User Reviews for Pantoprazole

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.5
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 5.8 233 reviews

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Never Again · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2020

For GERD: “I have been taking Pantoprazole, 40mg for 25 days. Side effects, (which I hadn't realized were side effects until coming here), headaches like I've never experienced before and they have been almost constant for days. Racing pulse, palpitations, shortness of breath, constipation and now my sleep is being affected. It initially helped with the issues I was having but the headaches alone have been unbearable, like I have almost gone to the hospital unbearable.”

Pug · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

For GERD: “Taking pantoprazole twice daily 40 mg having chest pains stomach pain and shortness of breath”

Toni · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

For GERD: “I took one pill yesterday, today I’m in so much pain also feeling weird , just in different state of mind. I’ll never take it again.”

Les · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2020

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Peptic Ulcer: “I’ve been on Protonix for 3 months now after suffering a rupture in my stomach from an ulcer, it has drastically changed my body in a good way. The gastrointestinal perforation I had almost finished me off and I spent 14 days in the hospital, my surgeon put me on protonix pretty much right while I was in the recovery, I’m not sure about side effects because I haven’t experienced any, but this little pill has help me by healing my ulcers and controlling the acid in my gut, this stuff is basically saving my life.”

Ms. B · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2020

For GERD: “I took this for GERD. I took twice. Horrible stomach ache/ gas. Also made me feel weird. I even started feeling super anxious and depressed.. started crying and feeling hopeless. Also did nothing for my symptoms. Although I wasn’t on them long enough to help. They made my reflux worse!! Horrible medication. Never again!”

Liv · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2020

For GERD: “Went on this medication due to reflux that couldn’t be fixed with over the counter medication. It did help with the burning sensation but in return I got chest pains that spread to my back and neck, constant burping, coughing, cold sweats and a whole heap of anxiety. Heading back to my doctor tomorrow to hopefully find something else that will work.”

MsS · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2020

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I took this for about 2 and a half months. Half way through I told my Dr it wasn't working. He said I was under stress. Not. Then I developed a hot, itchy rash on my arms and face. They told me to stop taking it and start Nexium. I didn't because to me they seem to have the same risk. Being off Protonix is almost as bad as being on it. Terrible acid reflux. I am sleeping sitting up, I can't eat very much, I can hardly wake up and start falling asleep around 7 PM and I have had a headache off and on for 3 days. Going to an Internal Medicine Specialist next because I’d like to know the reason for the reflux I have had for 1.5 years not just take a medication.”

Canuck · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2020

For GERD: “Was having so much trouble with my stomach so finally started taking this pantoprazole. I had been living on Tums, so was so very happy to find it worked right away. Have had NO side affects whatsoever.”

Laurie · Taken for 10 years or more April 27, 2020

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “After starting with OTC drugs for acid reflux for several years, it was necessary for me to begin a prescription drug. I have taken Pantaprozole for over 10 years with no side effects. Works very well.”

Molly828 · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2020

For GERD: “I took Pantoprazole for 6 days 20mg. My side effects were awful headache, trouble sleeping, anxiety I would not recommend taking this at all.”

Sissy · Taken for 10 years or more April 23, 2020

For GERD: “I've been on this medication for a few years. It did great until now. I have burning and itchy vaginal and anus. Dark urine, gurgling down through the intestines. And I'm having swelling in my legs with chills. Some stomach pains as well. I stopped the medicine to clear up which it is now doing. I had bleeding in the vaginal and anus area too. I will be getting a colonoscopy this summer.”

mmurr95 April 20, 2020

For GERD: “I've had pretty bad acid reflux for years now, probably about 6 years and I finally went to the doctor to get it checked out. He put me on this medicine pantoprazole and I thought it worked for the first couple of days. But now I have SEVERE chest tightness and pain and my symptoms got worse. I'll be calling them and seeing if they can put me on something else.”

Years of treatment · Taken for 10 years or more April 7, 2020

For Barrett's Esophagus: “Diagnosed with Barrett's 15 years ago. Have switched medicines from time to time. Omeprazole, then Rabeprazole, now Pantoprazole. Not all suppliers are the same either. I found that two kinds of rabeprazole were good but not two others were effective. Now, on pantoprazole, one kind is effective (Camber) but two others were not. For the person that has heart beat problems, I found this happened to me when the reflux ramped up. I heard it was because the nerves that direct heartbeat are somewhere near the diaphragm/esophagus and were being affected. I had similar heartbeat issues but ONLY when the reflux occurred. Check with your doctor on this!”

M April 4, 2020

For Stomach Ulcer: “Currently taking pantoprazole 40mg twice daily for a bit over 2 months now, for treatment of a possible ulcer and as prophylaxis while on extensive anti-inflammatory medications for another condition. Works great as far as I can tell, and I can't think of any side negative effects except some very mild stomach upset within ~20 minutes to an hour after taking it. I'm unfortunately very prone to side effects from medications, so I figured I'd write this review to help reassure people who might be seeing all the negative reviews on here.”

ANDY · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For GERD: “I've been prescribed 40mg of protonix twice a day for severe acid reflux. Ever since starting on this medicine it's been a nightmare I have side effects of severe migraine in the back of my head to my neck and upper back, and joint pain. I'm 31 year old male and never had experienced anything like this in my life. The pain is unbearable. I just called to see what they can do for me.. waiting for a response.. But I'm defiantly not taking these anymore. I don't take any other medication so I'm almost certain it's the medication.”

Wilkosword · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Laryngopharyngeal Reflux: “Took one pantoprazole pill, within 20 minutes had severe pain in left armpit about 9.5 out of 10 on pain scale. Was out in the bush out of telephone range. Had to just lay and suffer, after about 2 hours pain began to subside. By morning it was just a dull ache. Never again will I take that medication”

Pdd · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2020

For GERD: “pantoprazole gave me no side effects at all. Works amazing for my horrible acid reflux. Highly recommend”

lvb11 · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2020

For GERD: “I have taken it for mild reflux (which was discovered through gastroscopy, but produced no specific symptoms, however could be linked to throat problems and bloating). I've stopped it taking after 4 weeks, because occasional stomach pains appeared and some old skin problems flared up. After another month my reflux was becoming stronger than ever, with clear symptoms.”

ESB · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

For GERD: “I was prescribed 40 mg of Pantoprazole for GERD, the doctor prescribed me 30 tablets out of the 30 I’ve taken 22 and I’ve been having chest pain, shortness of breath, and very lightheaded(dizzy) like I’m going to pass out. I was just released from the cardiologist and everything was okay. So I decided to research patient reviews on this medicine and I’ve read I’m not the only one with these side effects. I’ve even experienced headaches daily with leg cramping. This medicine isn’t good for me and I wouldn’t want no one else having to get these side effects. I’ve been to the ER twice since taking this medicine. The medicine has me thinking I was having a heart attack, there was several other test ran for them to say everything is normal.”

Monolu · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

For GERD: “Took pantoprazole 20mg for 10 days for GERD. It did reduce my stomach acid but gave me: constant pain/tightness in the chest and upper back, shortness of breath, overall body aches, feverish and fluey feeling. I stopped it and am looking for an alternative.”

Thundercat · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: “Took for one day, extreme bloating, bad gas, dizzy, just felt like something wasn't right. Terrible terrible medication.”

Barr February 2, 2020

For GERD: “I have been on pantoprazole prescribed by my primary doc., About four weeks 40mg. The reason why my doctor put me on it was because the acid reflex was becoming worse by the day. In addition, I had an esophagram and it confirmed that I had Gerd. During this 4 week stretch I feel worse by the day. On and off constipation, flatulence, sore throat/ burning , insomnia and constant hacking, coughing up white foamy phlegm that is syrupy. I know one thing that has caused this GERD to come on is Tomatoes. I used to eat them in one fashion or another daily. My body rejects them and causes terrible heart burn. Now, I must do life changes in diet. That’s not easy to do.”

Catlover · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2020

For Stomach Ulcer: “pantoprazole was prescribed for bleeding ulcer and severe anemia. Do not have GERD or acid reflux. I have never taken a med that has caused me so much pain. First in abdomen and then spasms in neck and back. No energy and look and feel like I'm 100 years old. Everywhere I have arthritis is burning. Most days heating pads are my best friend. Just hope the side effects go away when I go off it. Apparently these side effects are listed on several websites. Just hope that it's healing the ulcer. Can't rate in for healing but for side effects.”

Jordan January 6, 2020

For GERD: “I told my ENT doctor that in the past year or two I had been losing my voice and had a kind of tired throat. Nothing severe but worrying. A GI doctor did an endoscopy and told me I had esophagitis and prescribed 40mg of Pantoprazole. On the 3rd or 4th day on Panto, I woke up with a burning sensation in my throat and a horrible acidic taste in my mouth. This was the end of November. It is now January 6 and I have been off the drug (including trying Omeprazole for 3 weeks, with no help) for a month and these NEW symptoms have not gone away. I have begged multiple GI doctors for help and none of them will admit this drug did this to me. None of them have given me any advice or recommended anything to help this, nor will they acknowledge the drug could cause this reaction. Life has been an absolute nightmare ever since taking Pantoprazole and I would highly suggest people try other options before trying it.”

Cute cat January 4, 2020

For Stomach Ulcer: “My name is Alison all my life I have dealt with ulcers never ate much but had them. I was first put on rapabrazole then after quite a few years that wasn’t working so I was switched to pantaprazole. But now I need to change to something stronger.”