User Reviews for Pantoprazole

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis

1 review 28 medications
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 7.3 145 reviews

Reviews for Pantoprazole

For GERD: "I was given Protonix to replace Prilosec a few months ago. My doctor said it would help with reflux in my esophagus. However it made the heartburn return worse than I ever had. It felt like I was going to vomit lava. I went to urgent care and they gave me a GI cocktail to relieve the pain and told me to stop Protonix immediately. I’m back on Prilosec now. Protonix did ease the discomfort in my esophagus but made the heartburn unbearable."

Mt July 11, 2018

For Stomach Ulcer: "It honestly did not really work at all for me. My doctor ended having to change me to something else due to no improvement at all. I was on it for 2.5 months"

Wisconsin girl 36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For GERD: "I’ve been on pantoprazole with great results for several years after suffering a very bad stomach ulcer which landed me in the hospital for several days. Everything was going great until my pharmacy switched to a different brand and it quit working. I switched pharmacies and a year later that pharmacy switched to the same different brand and it quit working. Bottom line Camber pharmaceuticals is like taking a placebo or worse. I wish there was a way to test the strength of the pills."

Brand (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2018

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "Since my early twenties (I am mid 50s now) I have had great difficulty swallowing with a feeling that something was stuck in my throat, followed by esophageal spasms, followed by projectile vomiting of stomach acid. Episodes could last for up to 10 hours. I've been hospitalized several times while have sever episodes of uncontrollable spasms/vomiting for hours. I was misdiagnosed for decades, had my throat stretched by laparoscopy/balloons periodically and tried a variety of medications. Nothing helped. I was extremely underweight from not being able to eat for so many years. Finally, a doctor put me on Protonix and it was a miracle. Unbelievably life changing. My only complaint was I gained 20 lbs in the first year I was on it. I take it twice a day and can eat whatever I like with no reaction."

Jett (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 30, 2018

For GERD: "I started taking 40mg of Pantoprazole about 1 1/2 years ago for heartburn. Every day from the moment I first ate I would have heartburn all day long and into the night. 40mg of "panto" put a stop to it. I tried not taking it and could go maybe 2 days till the heartburn returned. Based on this I had my doctor drop the dosage to 20mg per day. This has continued to be effective. I love my panto. Wish I didn't need it, but I do."

Jenny (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2018

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "After a short time on protonix I began to experience back pain that radiated to the sides of my back in the kidney area. Then blood turned up in my urine both symptoms are serious side effects listed and says you should contact your dr immediately. Mdoctor told me that she couldn't say if the drug was the cause. The lesson learned -do your own research and be vigilant."

guinea pig (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I took Protonix for about a week and every time I took it, I got a severe headache every day. It did help to keep my heartburn at bay but to me, it is not worth it for the side effects. My mood dropped because of this medicine and I just did not feel like myself. I have stopped taking this medicine and I am now taking Zantac 150mg. Took effect and it is working wonders for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For GERD: "I suffered from sickness and burping after food for years and my gp wasn't at all helpful , she prescribed various things. I changed surgeries and the new doctor referred me to digestive diseases for a gastro investigation and it diagnosed coeliac disease I've been following a strict gluten free diet for 10 years and I am never sick I do get a lot of acid reflux over the past year and I take pantoprazole and it helps. Now and again I stop taking it to see if I can manage without and for a while that's fine and I rely on Gaviscon only and reduce the fat and fruit etc in my diet. It works for me ."

Chris (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Stomach Ulcer: "My stomach ulcer was found through a routine colonoscopy, and I was prescribed pantoprazole, and I am thankful, it works, eases the burning feeling, and the stomach pains."

Ms. Vickie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I would wake up coughing up fluids and constantly have acid reflux symptoms, which began to lead to swallowing issues and high anxiety. My doctor put me on pantoprazol (protonix) and I take it once every morning. 40mg. I am not someone who likes medicine and won't even take tylenol for a headache. I love my pantoprazol (protonix) and hope it continue to keep my issues away."

Bobby (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For GERD: "This medication actually made my heartburn worse! Along with that, I had severe nausea, retching every morning when I woke up. Definitely did NOT work for me!"

Kcarmrn February 28, 2018

For Stomach Ulcer: "I have an ulcer, this medicine make me constipated. Makes me strain and it is very uncomfortable."

Loreedix (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2018

For GERD: "I just stopped taking Panteloc (40mg daily) about 2 months ago and I think I have discovered that it was the reason I was getting migraines 4 times a week for the last 20 years. I have not been able to work because of these migraines ruining my life for so long. I am relieved to have found this out. Since I have stopped my heartburn has been almost unbearable but my migraines were worse so to help the GERD I will just have to be certain to avoid citrus, tomato, chocolate and coffee... and eating a few hours before bedtime. Please let others who have migraines know about this. It might save them their jobs and a lifetime of misery."

Cathleen Clare February 8, 2018

For Stomach Ulcer: "It only worked for a week properly. Although, I don’t have heartburn anymore, I feel nauseous, bloated, and gassy, constantly. During the second week I developed pneumonia in one lung and pleurisy in the other. After being on antibiotics for 10 days, the affect of Pantoprazole seemed to wear off. Would antibiotics cause this to happen?"

LadyMiMi (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2017

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I have been on this medicine for awhile and as long as I take as I'm supposed to I'm good the only side effect is a headache for the first couple of days but other than that I really like this medicine it's much better than being sick and in pain all the time"

Tinkerbell 0811 December 16, 2017

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I have had acid reflux, for 10 years. I've taken Nexium it takes my reflux a way, now insurance will not pay, so now I have to take Protonix Tabs 40mg once per day I get heart burn heart burn so bad I have to take tums 2 to 3 at a time just not happy. I must keep looking for better meds."

tAnziE1lAdy (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

For GERD: "My gastro prescribed me 40mg of Pantoprazole once a day with Itropride. Tried it for 7 days. It gave me a relief and feels like I'm totally healed. However, it gave me severe constipation which resulted in hemorrhoids. It gave me headache and fatigue as well . He then changed it to ranitidine but it does not help at all. He then gave me dafflon for my hemoroids and got healed. I will not try this product again."

james_phil2018 December 6, 2017

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I had tried every other medicine out there, and none of them has worked for me like Protonix does. In combination with Carafate, I feel like me again. The chest pain, burping and burning has almost completely went away. No side effects at all. I highly recommend this medication.."

Baby Koala (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2017

For GERD: "My Dr prescribed pantoprazone for chronic cough. He thought the cough and hoarseness might be caused by GERD. I quit after a few days because of the side effects. My osteoarthritis was so sore after taking this med that I could barely walk . I had ulcers in my mouth, my nose was tingling and I had horrible headaches. Days after quitting , I am having attacks of heartburn. I had none before taking this med. my advice is not to go near it!!"

Prairiegrl22 November 13, 2017

For GERD: "I've been on it for 3 years, and still have to take it everyday,"

Bozack (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2017

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "predcribed panteprozole after 2 trips to the er. Checked for a heart attack and then Fr sent me to gastro Dr. The scope found heart burn scars. Prescribed and now feel like Dizzy and cramping in abdominal area and chest. Gonna stop taking it. Feel dizzy all the time and sense of confusion. Not sure what to do."

Plumber416 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

For Duodenal Ulcer: "My doctor prescribed this medication 40 mg twice daily. After 3 weeks of taking this, it landed me in the hospital with severe electrolyte imbalance. I thought I was dying - the pain was unbearable. Will never take this drug again."

ep1993 October 23, 2017

For Stomach Ulcer: "* hopefully it will cure the ulcers and torn up stomach caused by antibiotics due to infection from kitten bite. The side effects are awful tired, burps, insomnia, fever, headaches, loss of appetite, belching, bloated, fatigue, drowsiness, tired feeling, and stomach upset...am on other meditations and it's my depression is worse but not sleeping or feeling well add to it. Not sure if it's connected but I have so many canker sores on my tongue my throat hurts."

can't sleep (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

For GERD: "I went in to the doctor for acid reflux and he prescribed me protonix and after two days it helped but shortly after that I started getting worse acid reflux along with very uncomfortable chest pains with a ton of anxiety thinking I was having a heart attack so bad that I had to take a stress test and EKG to rule out any heart problems in addition to quitting the drug I had stomach pain headaches and ringing in the ears. However I did stop cold turkey but I was only on it for short time I'm at 39-year-old male in decent shape. I would not recommend this to anyone I know. I'm sure this medication works great for some people but definitely not for me."

RichieRich916 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

For GERD: "Side effects not worth it. Took it for only 2 days but has to stop. Ringing in ears, worse dysphagia than before, stabbing over abdomen pain and diarrhoea. Only slightly reduced heart burn. Never taking again."

Steenie October 10, 2017