User Reviews for Pantoprazole

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Learn more about Pantoprazole.

Peptic Ulcer 3 reviews 34 medications

5.5
Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis 1 reviews 28 medications

Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 119 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Pantoprazole

For GERD: "I took Protonix 40mg for about two and a half weeks. My doctor prescribed this after my insurance no longer covered my Nexium that I had been on for years. I had intermittent headaches and also had stomach pains and nausea. The nausea is horrible, and I have been off of it for a day now and nausea is still persisting. I feel like I have to vomit from the nausea. I do not recommend this drug. I had no side effects with my Nexium, so now I will try omeprazole."

Sharonmo July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Peptic Ulcer: "My stomach was such a mess with multiple peptic ulcers, I ended up having emergency surgery due to a perforated bowel, spent three months in a hospital.. Protonix has been my miracle. If I run out even for a day I'm in so much pain that I can't even walk. I'm thankful for this medicine"

Saved my life July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Wonder drug!!!!!!"

Ringostarr July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I've had GERD and Gastroparesis for over 10 years. Protonix is the only medicine I've found to help control the GERD. As long as I take it twice a day as instructed I do not have acid reflux."

ly2620 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis: "I have dry mouth coating tongue after taking it."

Hafi June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "With horrible acid reflux, I have been on this medicine for years, in the very beginning, for a short year or two, it seemed to help quite a bit, but then, afterward, it really didn't do anything. Then when I reached the 5th years on, it seemed to do more harm than goods. My acid reflux problem was worsen, let along all the side effects I encountered. So one day, I decided to drop it completely, and since the, my acid reflux actually got better. So this medicine alike with many conventional medicines, are just for quick short term fix."

natural believer May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was prescribed Pantoprazole for H-pylori. I have experienced headaches, shortness of breath and awful metalic taste in my mouth. A recent visit to the Doctor, and I was found to have high blood pressure, so was put on Ramipril for that. The side effects were constant coughing to the point of vomiting. I looked up Ramipril only to find it was the source of the coughing, so called my M.D. to have it changed to a non ACE-inhibiter. Now I just did a search on the pantoprazole, -only to find that it can have a contraindication of high blood pressure! Bloody hell! Can't these M.D.'s do a simple research!? What a mess I'm in now. Would have been better off without either drug."

Dee557 May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I have had GERD for years now. I started out taking Prilosec, but it started making me burp a lot and it would just absolutely hurt. My doctor switched me to Protonix and that has helped so much. I take 40 mgs twice a day. I don't burp nearly as much and food doesn't creep back up and into my mouth like it did so much either. I also take Zantac at night, but it still had helped a lot even before then. It's been such a relief. I didn't get any side effects from it either. I take it 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before lunch."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "I've had moderate to severe GERD for 10+ years; last med I was on was Lansoprolzale for 5+ years. Recently, I was switched to Pantaprozale Sodium 40 mg a day; have taken it for less than a week and it's been hell since the first day I took it. Have had sweats and the worst joint and muscle pains and cramps, and ulcers in my mouth along with a sore throat. At the NP's advice who prescribed it I also take Magnesium. I'm stopping this med today and hope these side effects go away soon."

Clalumelia2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: "I was prescribed this following three or four days with crippling stomach pain caused by gastritis' within a few hours I had immediate relief and within 36 hours felt virtually back to normal, so much so that I ceased taking the medication on day 4 or 5 (supported by my GP). I was taking the 40mg Gastro-resistant tablets twice daily."

Solved crippling stomach pain (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Severe itching, swelling and redness in hands and neck. Immediate burning in esophagus and acid reflux symptoms."

Kristi76 February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Feeling dizzy , severe head-ache"

savithri srithar (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Taking medicine to many years in my opinion."

Weawea (taken for 10 years or more) December 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "If you have diabetes type 2, I strongly urge you not to take this drug. Even though they say that increase of blood sugar is rare, this happened to me. About five days I started taking this drug (40mg), I started to feel lightheaded. My morning reading of blood sugar is normally about 6.6 three hours after breakfast, but I started getting readings of 11.6. I felt like hell. Even worse, the spike in blood sugar caused my blood pressure (controlled by medication) to also spike to about 165/80. I decided to stop the Pantoprazole. The lightheadness went away, and my blood pressure returned to normal. Be very careful with this drug. There are a couple of websites which warn of increase in blood sugar."

Piceno (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "While on this medication 20mg 2x daily I had chest pain and shortness of breath. I was taking to the hospital multiple times because I thought I was having a heart attack."

Timmy G. December 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Haven't been effective at all. Gave me severe headache. I switched to esomeprazole instead which was very very effective."

qqii (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "I have been on pantoprazole 40 mgs for a long time. I still vomit in my throat , have heartburn and my throat is hoarse and scratchy all the time ! In fact my whole life as far I I remember my throat was scratchy. I used to keep my family up at night as a kid always trying to clear my throat. Today I had bread and butter to eat and still want to vomit and uncomfortable in my chest ! I am off to vomit now just to give myself some relief. I do not eat spicy food yet still get it. I am at wits end. Maybe I should just stop eating all together ! Not sure of this is linked to what I suffer with. But I lost most of my back molars now even though I always brush my teeth at least 3-4 times a day Could this be from acid leaking up into my throat ?"

Abbygail23 November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "I have been on 40 mg twice a day for 2 weeks. I can't shake this awful headache. Then a week ago I woke up feeling as though I was hit with the flu. Body hurting all over, severe headche, restless, no energy, cotton mouth to the extreme, no appetite. Been so sick haven't even noticed if the medicine is actually working for what I am taking it for. Went to the doctor tested me for flu, pneumonia, strep, u name it and found nothing. Pain is unbelieveable and continous. Stopped taking the medicine yesterday and showing huge signs of improvement. I will stick to my bottle of tums a day over that horrific pain. Not worth it. Hurt burn is pain full but at least I can go about my day with it. This medicine I couldnt even get out of bed"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Erosive Esophagitis: "I have been on pantaprozol for just over a week 4omg twice a day. Not noticed any difference . Have lost my voice for 6 weeks now . Been diagnosed with silent reflux. I've got dry mouth . Mouth ulcers sore tongue and my lips are very sore . ."

Gangi (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Stomach Ulcer: "This has been a miracle drug for healing stomach ulcers. It took about 6weeks to heal completely. No negative side effects from this drug only positive."

Lh0025 October 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "this is literally my 2nd day on protonix, and I am very happy. I will say I have experienced dizziness for about the first 2/3 minutes upon taking. I can deal with that; I am not experiencing acid reflux!!!! I have literally taken Prilosec for 6 years. I had the gastric sleeve which brings upon extreme heartburn"

Tracnicky October 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I have had severe Gerd/Acid Reflux for nearly 6 years. It has put me in the hospital 7 times now and has totally destroyed my teeth which I have always been meticulous about caring for. Presently, it's also causing me swallowing problems and voice troubles. The pain the Gerd can generate is an actual true "10"-Far far worse than the pain I experienced from a Quad Cardiac Bypass surgery. My doctor gave me Protonix for it and it worked Very well on reducing, perhaps, 80% of the pain. Unfortunately, the medication caused Peripheral Edema Big time and I had to go off of it again. The edema immediately went away, but the pain came back too. I have noticed this reaction from almost all proton pumps that I have tried to date."

Wagriff (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Erosive Esophagitis: "I was prescribed this medication to assist with treating my eosinophillic esophagitis. I have never in my life experienced so many horrific side effects from a medication. Cramping, abdominal pain, intestinal pain, gas, it was so bad that I could only tolerate the medicine for a week."

Robbie522 (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "I've been on Protonix for 2 weeks and feel awful. I have high pitched ringing in my ears, headaches, a lot of fatigue, and constantly feel like there is a lump in my throat that is very uncomfortable. I just feel beat up and wiped out! Saw dr. but she found nothing. Didn't look down throat very well though. Hate not knowing if it's Protonix but worried about stopping it to see."

Disfan (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I just started Protonix 6 days ago. I feel beat up. Does the Propofol used to do the procedure hang on for this many days? If it doesn't , then the Protonix is causing several symptoms| Lethargy Dizziness Dry mouth And last and worst is constant ringing in my ears. It's getting very annoying Has anyone else experienced this crazy ear side effect?"

Eliza Doalot July 10, 2016