User Reviews for Pantoprazole

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Pantoprazole.

Peptic Ulcer

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis

1 review 28 medications
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 7.3 128 reviews

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I had tried every other medicine out there, and none of them has worked for me like Protonix does. In combination with Carafate, I feel like me again. The chest pain, burping and burning has almost completely went away. No side effects at all. I highly recommend this medication.."

Baby Koala (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "My Dr prescribed pantoprazone for chronic cough. He thought the cough and hoarseness might be caused by GERD. I quit after a few days because of the side effects. My osteoarthritis was so sore after taking this med that I could barely walk . I had ulcers in my mouth, my nose was tingling and I had horrible headaches. Days after quitting , I am having attacks of heartburn. I had none before taking this med. my advice is not to go near it!!"

Prairiegrl22 November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "I've been on it for 3 years, and still have to take it everyday,"

Bozack (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "predcribed panteprozole after 2 trips to the er. Checked for a heart attack and then Fr sent me to gastro Dr. The scope found heart burn scars. Prescribed and now feel like Dizzy and cramping in abdominal area and chest. Gonna stop taking it. Feel dizzy all the time and sense of confusion. Not sure what to do."

Plumber416 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Duodenal Ulcer: "My doctor prescribed this medication 40 mg twice daily. After 3 weeks of taking this, it landed me in the hospital with severe electrolyte imbalance. I thought I was dying - the pain was unbearable. Will never take this drug again."

ep1993 October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Stomach Ulcer: "* hopefully it will cure the ulcers and torn up stomach caused by antibiotics due to infection from kitten bite. The side effects are awful tired, burps, insomnia, fever, headaches, loss of appetite, belching, bloated, fatigue, drowsiness, tired feeling, and stomach upset...am on other meditations and it's my depression is worse but not sleeping or feeling well add to it. Not sure if it's connected but I have so many canker sores on my tongue my throat hurts."

can't sleep (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "I went in to the doctor for acid reflux and he prescribed me protonix and after two days it helped but shortly after that I started getting worse acid reflux along with very uncomfortable chest pains with a ton of anxiety thinking I was having a heart attack so bad that I had to take a stress test and EKG to rule out any heart problems in addition to quitting the drug I had stomach pain headaches and ringing in the ears. However I did stop cold turkey but I was only on it for short time I'm at 39-year-old male in decent shape. I would not recommend this to anyone I know. I'm sure this medication works great for some people but definitely not for me."

RichieRich916 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Side effects not worth it. Took it for only 2 days but has to stop. Ringing in ears, worse dysphagia than before, stabbing over abdomen pain and diarrhoea. Only slightly reduced heart burn. Never taking again."

Steenie October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: "I was with gastritis symptoms for about two weeks and didn't pay attention until last Sunday I had one of the worst stomach pain ever, couldn't sleep, had fever and nausea the entire night and even during Monday. I went to the doctor that same Monday and he gave me this medication; after I took it, the pain went away within 20 minutes and, in about 3 days, almost came back to normal. I'm still taking them for another 6 days because I still feel I need it (I was almost an entire month feeling weird so I think I will take a while before I go back to normal). I'm also complementing with a healthy diet (stopped drinking coffee, sodas, foods with sugar or fat)."

Francescavviale September 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "I took Protonix 40mg for about two and a half weeks. My doctor prescribed this after my insurance no longer covered my Nexium that I had been on for years. I had intermittent headaches and also had stomach pains and nausea. The nausea is horrible, and I have been off of it for a day now and nausea is still persisting. I feel like I have to vomit from the nausea. I do not recommend this drug. I had no side effects with my Nexium, so now I will try omeprazole."

Sharonmo July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Peptic Ulcer: "My stomach was such a mess with multiple peptic ulcers, I ended up having emergency surgery due to a perforated bowel, spent three months in a hospital.. Protonix has been my miracle. If I run out even for a day I'm in so much pain that I can't even walk. I'm thankful for this medicine"

Saved my life July 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Wonder drug!!!!!!"

Ringostarr July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I've had GERD and Gastroparesis for over 10 years. Protonix is the only medicine I've found to help control the GERD. As long as I take it twice a day as instructed I do not have acid reflux."

ly2620 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis: "I have dry mouth coating tongue after taking it."

Hafi June 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "With horrible acid reflux, I have been on this medicine for years, in the very beginning, for a short year or two, it seemed to help quite a bit, but then, afterward, it really didn't do anything. Then when I reached the 5th years on, it seemed to do more harm than goods. My acid reflux problem was worsen, let along all the side effects I encountered. So one day, I decided to drop it completely, and since the, my acid reflux actually got better. So this medicine alike with many conventional medicines, are just for quick short term fix."

natural believer May 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was prescribed Pantoprazole for H-pylori. I have experienced headaches, shortness of breath and awful metalic taste in my mouth. A recent visit to the Doctor, and I was found to have high blood pressure, so was put on Ramipril for that. The side effects were constant coughing to the point of vomiting. I looked up Ramipril only to find it was the source of the coughing, so called my M.D. to have it changed to a non ACE-inhibiter. Now I just did a search on the pantoprazole, -only to find that it can have a contraindication of high blood pressure! Bloody hell! Can't these M.D.'s do a simple research!? What a mess I'm in now. Would have been better off without either drug."

Dee557 May 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I have had GERD for years now. I started out taking Prilosec, but it started making me burp a lot and it would just absolutely hurt. My doctor switched me to Protonix and that has helped so much. I take 40 mgs twice a day. I don't burp nearly as much and food doesn't creep back up and into my mouth like it did so much either. I also take Zantac at night, but it still had helped a lot even before then. It's been such a relief. I didn't get any side effects from it either. I take it 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before lunch."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "I've had moderate to severe GERD for 10+ years; last med I was on was Lansoprolzale for 5+ years. Recently, I was switched to Pantaprozale Sodium 40 mg a day; have taken it for less than a week and it's been hell since the first day I took it. Have had sweats and the worst joint and muscle pains and cramps, and ulcers in my mouth along with a sore throat. At the NP's advice who prescribed it I also take Magnesium. I'm stopping this med today and hope these side effects go away soon."

Clalumelia2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: "I was prescribed this following three or four days with crippling stomach pain caused by gastritis' within a few hours I had immediate relief and within 36 hours felt virtually back to normal, so much so that I ceased taking the medication on day 4 or 5 (supported by my GP). I was taking the 40mg Gastro-resistant tablets twice daily."

Solved crippling stomach pain (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Severe itching, swelling and redness in hands and neck. Immediate burning in esophagus and acid reflux symptoms."

Kristi76 February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Feeling dizzy , severe head-ache"

savithri srithar (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Taking medicine to many years in my opinion."

Weawea (taken for 10 years or more) December 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "If you have diabetes type 2, I strongly urge you not to take this drug. Even though they say that increase of blood sugar is rare, this happened to me. About five days I started taking this drug (40mg), I started to feel lightheaded. My morning reading of blood sugar is normally about 6.6 three hours after breakfast, but I started getting readings of 11.6. I felt like hell. Even worse, the spike in blood sugar caused my blood pressure (controlled by medication) to also spike to about 165/80. I decided to stop the Pantoprazole. The lightheadness went away, and my blood pressure returned to normal. Be very careful with this drug. There are a couple of websites which warn of increase in blood sugar."

Piceno (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "While on this medication 20mg 2x daily I had chest pain and shortness of breath. I was taking to the hospital multiple times because I thought I was having a heart attack."

Timmy G. December 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Haven't been effective at all. Gave me severe headache. I switched to esomeprazole instead which was very very effective."

qqii (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2016