User Reviews for Pantoprazole (Page 5)

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.5
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 5.7 238 reviews

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Chris · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2018

For GERD: “I suffered from sickness and burping after food for years and my gp wasn't at all helpful , she prescribed various things. I changed surgeries and the new doctor referred me to digestive diseases for a gastro investigation and it diagnosed coeliac disease I've been following a strict gluten free diet for 10 years and I am never sick I do get a lot of acid reflux over the past year and I take pantoprazole and it helps. Now and again I stop taking it to see if I can manage without and for a while that's fine and I rely on Gaviscon only and reduce the fat and fruit etc in my diet. It works for me .”

Ms. Vickie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2018

For Stomach Ulcer: “My stomach ulcer was found through a routine colonoscopy, and I was prescribed pantoprazole, and I am thankful, it works, eases the burning feeling, and the stomach pains.”

Bobby · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2018

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I would wake up coughing up fluids and constantly have acid reflux symptoms, which began to lead to swallowing issues and high anxiety. My doctor put me on pantoprazol (protonix) and I take it once every morning. 40mg. I am not someone who likes medicine and won't even take tylenol for a headache. I love my pantoprazol (protonix) and hope it continue to keep my issues away.”

Kcarmrn February 28, 2018

For GERD: “This medication actually made my heartburn worse! Along with that, I had severe nausea, retching every morning when I woke up. Definitely did NOT work for me!”

Loreedix · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2018

For Stomach Ulcer: “I have an ulcer, this medicine make me constipated. Makes me strain and it is very uncomfortable.”

Cathleen Clare February 8, 2018

For GERD: “I just stopped taking Panteloc (40mg daily) about 2 months ago and I think I have discovered that it was the reason I was getting migraines 4 times a week for the last 20 years. I have not been able to work because of these migraines ruining my life for so long. I am relieved to have found this out. Since I have stopped my heartburn has been almost unbearable but my migraines were worse so to help the GERD I will just have to be certain to avoid citrus, tomato, chocolate and coffee... and eating a few hours before bedtime. Please let others who have migraines know about this. It might save them their jobs and a lifetime of misery.”

LadyMiMi · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2017

For Stomach Ulcer: “It only worked for a week properly. Although, I don’t have heartburn anymore, I feel nauseous, bloated, and gassy, constantly. During the second week I developed pneumonia in one lung and pleurisy in the other. After being on antibiotics for 10 days, the affect of Pantoprazole seemed to wear off. Would antibiotics cause this to happen?”

Tinkerbell 0811 December 16, 2017

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I have been on this medicine for awhile and as long as I take as I'm supposed to I'm good the only side effect is a headache for the first couple of days but other than that I really like this medicine it's much better than being sick and in pain all the time”

tAnziE1lAdy · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2017

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I have had acid reflux, for 10 years. I've taken Nexium it takes my reflux a way, now insurance will not pay, so now I have to take Protonix Tabs 40mg once per day I get heart burn heart burn so bad I have to take tums 2 to 3 at a time just not happy. I must keep looking for better meds.”

james_phil2018 December 6, 2017

For GERD: “My gastro prescribed me 40mg of Pantoprazole once a day with Itropride. Tried it for 7 days. It gave me a relief and feels like I'm totally healed. However, it gave me severe constipation which resulted in hemorrhoids. It gave me headache and fatigue as well . He then changed it to ranitidine but it does not help at all. He then gave me dafflon for my hemoroids and got healed. I will not try this product again.”

Baby Koala · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 23, 2017

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I had tried every other medicine out there, and none of them has worked for me like Protonix does. In combination with Carafate, I feel like me again. The chest pain, burping and burning has almost completely went away. No side effects at all. I highly recommend this medication..”

Prairiegrl22 November 13, 2017

For GERD: “My Dr prescribed pantoprazone for chronic cough. He thought the cough and hoarseness might be caused by GERD. I quit after a few days because of the side effects. My osteoarthritis was so sore after taking this med that I could barely walk . I had ulcers in my mouth, my nose was tingling and I had horrible headaches. Days after quitting , I am having attacks of heartburn. I had none before taking this med. my advice is not to go near it!!”

Bozack · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 13, 2017

For GERD: “I've been on it for 3 years, and still have to take it everyday,”

Plumber416 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2017

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “predcribed panteprozole after 2 trips to the er. Checked for a heart attack and then Fr sent me to gastro Dr. The scope found heart burn scars. Prescribed and now feel like Dizzy and cramping in abdominal area and chest. Gonna stop taking it. Feel dizzy all the time and sense of confusion. Not sure what to do.”

ep1993 October 23, 2017

For Duodenal Ulcer: “My doctor prescribed this medication 40 mg twice daily. After 3 weeks of taking this, it landed me in the hospital with severe electrolyte imbalance. I thought I was dying - the pain was unbearable. Will never take this drug again.”

can't sleep · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2017

For Stomach Ulcer: “* hopefully it will cure the ulcers and torn up stomach caused by antibiotics due to infection from kitten bite. The side effects are awful tired, burps, insomnia, fever, headaches, loss of appetite, belching, bloated, fatigue, drowsiness, tired feeling, and stomach upset...am on other meditations and it's my depression is worse but not sleeping or feeling well add to it. Not sure if it's connected but I have so many canker sores on my tongue my throat hurts.”

RichieRich916 · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2017

For GERD: “I went in to the doctor for acid reflux and he prescribed me protonix and after two days it helped but shortly after that I started getting worse acid reflux along with very uncomfortable chest pains with a ton of anxiety thinking I was having a heart attack so bad that I had to take a stress test and EKG to rule out any heart problems in addition to quitting the drug I had stomach pain headaches and ringing in the ears. However I did stop cold turkey but I was only on it for short time I'm at 39-year-old male in decent shape. I would not recommend this to anyone I know. I'm sure this medication works great for some people but definitely not for me.”

Steenie October 10, 2017

For GERD: “Side effects not worth it. Took it for only 2 days but has to stop. Ringing in ears, worse dysphagia than before, stabbing over abdomen pain and diarrhoea. Only slightly reduced heart burn. Never taking again.”

Francescavviale September 25, 2017

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: “I was with gastritis symptoms for about two weeks and didn't pay attention until last Sunday I had one of the worst stomach pain ever, couldn't sleep, had fever and nausea the entire night and even during Monday. I went to the doctor that same Monday and he gave me this medication; after I took it, the pain went away within 20 minutes and, in about 3 days, almost came back to normal. I'm still taking them for another 6 days because I still feel I need it (I was almost an entire month feeling weird so I think I will take a while before I go back to normal). I'm also complementing with a healthy diet (stopped drinking coffee, sodas, foods with sugar or fat).”

Sharonmo July 20, 2017

For GERD: “I took Protonix 40mg for about two and a half weeks. My doctor prescribed this after my insurance no longer covered my Nexium that I had been on for years. I had intermittent headaches and also had stomach pains and nausea. The nausea is horrible, and I have been off of it for a day now and nausea is still persisting. I feel like I have to vomit from the nausea. I do not recommend this drug. I had no side effects with my Nexium, so now I will try omeprazole.”

Saved my life July 13, 2017

For Peptic Ulcer: “My stomach was such a mess with multiple peptic ulcers, I ended up having emergency surgery due to a perforated bowel, spent three months in a hospital.. Protonix has been my miracle. If I run out even for a day I'm in so much pain that I can't even walk. I'm thankful for this medicine”

Ringostarr July 11, 2017

For GERD: “Wonder drug!!!!!!”

ly2620 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 5, 2017

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I've had GERD and Gastroparesis for over 10 years. Protonix is the only medicine I've found to help control the GERD. As long as I take it twice a day as instructed I do not have acid reflux.”

Hafi June 27, 2017

For Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis: “I have dry mouth coating tongue after taking it.”

natural believer May 31, 2017

For GERD: “With horrible acid reflux, I have been on this medicine for years, in the very beginning, for a short year or two, it seemed to help quite a bit, but then, afterward, it really didn't do anything. Then when I reached the 5th years on, it seemed to do more harm than goods. My acid reflux problem was worsen, let along all the side effects I encountered. So one day, I decided to drop it completely, and since the, my acid reflux actually got better. So this medicine alike with many conventional medicines, are just for quick short term fix.”