User Reviews for Pantoprazole (Page 2)

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.5
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 5.7 238 reviews

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Thundercat · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: “Took for one day, extreme bloating, bad gas, dizzy, just felt like something wasn't right. Terrible terrible medication.”

Barr February 2, 2020

For GERD: “I have been on pantoprazole prescribed by my primary doc., About four weeks 40mg. The reason why my doctor put me on it was because the acid reflex was becoming worse by the day. In addition, I had an esophagram and it confirmed that I had Gerd. During this 4 week stretch I feel worse by the day. On and off constipation, flatulence, sore throat/ burning , insomnia and constant hacking, coughing up white foamy phlegm that is syrupy. I know one thing that has caused this GERD to come on is Tomatoes. I used to eat them in one fashion or another daily. My body rejects them and causes terrible heart burn. Now, I must do life changes in diet. That’s not easy to do.”

Catlover · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2020

For Stomach Ulcer: “pantoprazole was prescribed for bleeding ulcer and severe anemia. Do not have GERD or acid reflux. I have never taken a med that has caused me so much pain. First in abdomen and then spasms in neck and back. No energy and look and feel like I'm 100 years old. Everywhere I have arthritis is burning. Most days heating pads are my best friend. Just hope the side effects go away when I go off it. Apparently these side effects are listed on several websites. Just hope that it's healing the ulcer. Can't rate in for healing but for side effects.”

Jordan January 6, 2020

For GERD: “I told my ENT doctor that in the past year or two I had been losing my voice and had a kind of tired throat. Nothing severe but worrying. A GI doctor did an endoscopy and told me I had esophagitis and prescribed 40mg of Pantoprazole. On the 3rd or 4th day on Panto, I woke up with a burning sensation in my throat and a horrible acidic taste in my mouth. This was the end of November. It is now January 6 and I have been off the drug (including trying Omeprazole for 3 weeks, with no help) for a month and these NEW symptoms have not gone away. I have begged multiple GI doctors for help and none of them will admit this drug did this to me. None of them have given me any advice or recommended anything to help this, nor will they acknowledge the drug could cause this reaction. Life has been an absolute nightmare ever since taking Pantoprazole and I would highly suggest people try other options before trying it.”

Cute cat January 4, 2020

For Stomach Ulcer: “My name is Alison all my life I have dealt with ulcers never ate much but had them. I was first put on rapabrazole then after quite a few years that wasn’t working so I was switched to pantaprazole. But now I need to change to something stronger.”

Refluxsuperhero · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2019

For GERD: “I have taken 40mg Pantoprazole for about five years for reflux. Went to doc because I was hoarse for a long period of time. Doc said it was acid reflux. I thought, NO WAY, because I’ve had acid reflux before after eating pepperoni or something, which was just horrible. Went to gastro doc and he confirmed acid reflux and put me on Pantoprazole, 2 per day. I quickly stopped taking the morning one because I just didn’t need it. After about five years the pharmacy filled my script with Pantoprazole manufactured by Kremers Lannett (white pill) instead of the normal manufacturer, Teva USA ( yellow pill). Within a couple weeks I was having to sleep sitting up and acid was still bubbling up. Horrible!!! Took wife’s yellow pills and it immediately cleared up. Weird!!”

ella · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2019

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: “Do not take this pantoprazole, it is bad for you, avoid it at all costs I mean it. I was supposedly diagnosed with gastritis. The doctor gave me pantoprazole. After the first few days I started feeling throat tightness/lump feeling even after light exercise. Then gradually worsened and I felt it all day everyday. Also had extreme nausea had to go to the hospital. Been off it for 2 days now and my throat is recovering and my nausea has also subsided. DO NOT TAKE THIS. It will make you feel awful and it is hard to recover from it.”

Jordan · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2019

For Erosive Esophagitis: “I had an endoscopy which revealed esophagitis. The GI doctor prescribed 40mg of pantoprazole and after 2 or 3 days on it, my chest was hurting, there was a disgusting taste in my mouth, and my throat became incredibly hot and sore. I stopped taking the medication but it is over a week later and I am still suffering from these conditions. The taste in my mouth is driving me crazy. I am extremely concerned this drug gave me GERD and I have no idea what to do. I have talked to three doctors and none of them know how to help me. They all deny the drug can do this, but what else could have caused it? I have been anxious and depressed and terrified this drug did permanent damage to me.”

VA1958 December 1, 2019

For GERD: “I started medication when omezaprole quit working-I had to take Gaviscon daily. A friend said his doc had put him on pantaprozole and he was having good luck. I asked my PCP and he said I could try it. First day, I experienced extreme intestinal cramping shortly after taking it. By the time I got home I spent considerable time in the bathroom w/diarrhea. It subsided several hours later; left my stomach "tender." Not thinking the two were related, I took another one the next morning-by the time I got to work, I had to run to the bathroom-same issues; Day 3 no intestinal issues; however, I broke out in hives all over my body (so I took 2 Zyrtec and 2 pepcid which relieved the itching). Day 4 I tried again- this time MASSIVE headache and hives. I did the 2 Zyrtec and 2 pepcid and IB800 and the hives and headaches went away. On day 4 decided to review the side effects-all of my side effects fall under "rare occurrences." I stopped taking it and the symptoms have subsided.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

For GERD: “I had been taking OTC Zantac twice daily for GERD. During a medical appointment with PCP, I was prescribed Pantoprazole because my abdomen was tender on palpating. My visit had nothing to do with heart burn, rather for an elevated BP and heart palpitations. I took the Pantoprazole for about 10 days. During that time, my abdomen became horribly bloated. I looked like a pregnant woman with an old face. The sense of pressure and fullness was miserable and made it difficult to discern cardiac symptoms from the discomfort of stomach bloating. It also caused my heart to race even more, despite being placed on a BP medication. That’s when I remembered having been prescribed Pantoprazole last year and stopping it due to racing heart. I also experienced loss of appetite and a constant bitter taste in my mouth. It did eliminate GERD, but was not worth the side effects, especially those affecting a vital organ like the heart. I will refuse future instructions to take this drug.”

Boot · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 26, 2019

For GERD: “I was put on Pantoprazole about three years ago after having trouble swallowing food. I went to see my kidney doctor today, he told me he found out that taking it was bad on my kidney and not take it any longer, so I threw them in the trash”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

For Stomach Ulcer: “I started taking pantoprazole about 3 weeks ago. Saturday morning I my head woke me up throbbing, not being able to get out of bed like serious migraine I never experienced no pain like this in my life. Sunday and Monday I was ok dizzy but my head seemed ok. Tuesday came around and that awful headache was back it turns out 10 percent of people get migraines from this. I have to say it did help my ulcer but I definitely will never forget that headache pain. Now I have to be on muscle relaxers and anticonvulsants till this drug leaves my system to deal with the headaches - just an FYI.”

Mila October 18, 2019

For GERD: “I've been having acid reflux for a couple of months now but it was never bad enough for me to want to take medication for it. My doctor had prescribed me pantoprazole but I never reached for it because I was wary about it and my symptoms were not severe. A week ago, my symptoms worsened slightly and I decided to give it a try. With each day that I took it, my acid reflux got worse and worse as well as my anxiety. I had intense nausea, an awful taste in my mouth, burning and squeezing sensations in my chest, and my throat was constantly tight. I thought that maybe it would get better but my symptoms worsened so much that by the 3rd day, I couldn't tolerate it anymore. I stopped taking the pantoprazole and it's been 3-4 days ever since, and I'm still battling the symptoms the drug worsened. I know this drug may work for some people but it definitely didn't work for me, and I'd recommend to not take it.”

Betsy October 18, 2019

For GERD: “Got a pain in my stomach and went to the GI Doc. He did an endoscopy. He prescribed Pantoprazole before the procedure to reduce inflammation and it turned out I did not have any inflammation. Post procedure, he advised I keep taking it. Side effects were severe. I stopped taking it. I DID NOT HAVE GERD before this. The question is WHY are GI docs prescribing it with impunity! I now have GERD - a condition that I will have to live with for the rest of my life. THIS DRUG IS POISON!”

Dlighty · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 17, 2019

For GERD: “I was taking Pantropazole for around 2 years. My primary dr. said to get off it as she don't like me on it long term. After about a month of being off it my stomach aches stopped. I no longer have bowel problems, the drowsiness stopped and I feel better . I haven't had any GERD issues yet either.”

c00lbeagle · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2019

For Stomach Ulcer: “I took pantoprazole for two days. It took away some of the symptoms but I still have issues in the bathroom. I delayed taking the dose today just to see how I was doing because for the most part I felt alright while on it. But now I realize that it is just a bandaid to mask the symptoms so that I'll just think that it is working on the stomach when really nobody knows (yet) what my problem is and that medication is not guaranteed to help me get things sorted out. I can belch and fart if I'm lucky to get rid of the trapped gas that is there. I have gone for days without having to do anything except pee and then I get lucky after I start to hear gurgling. The pain is constant of course and it travels. Sometimes nothing relieves it. I refuse to take anything for pain management. Would I recommend this? Only if you have a proper diagnosis. Other than that nope.”

Jenny · Taken for 10 years or more September 17, 2019

For GERD: “I have been taking pantoprazole 40 mg for 15 years for acid reflux and it has worked well. Three months ago I got a yeast infection in my esophagus with severe burning and esophagitis. Took 200mg of Difulcan for 3 weeks which cleared it up. Now 3 months later it is back with a vengeance. I have a-fib and am afraid of side effects of anti-fungal. Anyone with this experience? Did anything help?”

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2019

For Erosive Esophagitis: “I have Dysphagia / Esophagitis and have been on pantoprazole Going on three weeks, dysphagia improving super slow. Still get chocking episodes, but can definitely get liquids and pureed downs. Any one know how long before I can eat normally again?”

Truffette · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2019

For Erosive Esophagitis: “First day on pantoprozole 40mg I had an excessively achy back , legs, and feet. I chalked it up to not working for a few days and then being back on my feet. Day 2,3,4 Started getting sciatica-like aching in lumbar area, hips , and behind my butt. My joints ached and muscles felt spasmy. Every place that I may have arthritis in ached horribly. Felt weak and dizzy. Every weight bearing joint from the waist down ached like never before.”

meemaw1958 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 26, 2019

For Barrett's Esophagus: “Pantoprazole works for my stomach. Would recommend it.”

Belli's Nana August 24, 2019

For Peptic Ulcer: “I have been on 40 mg of Protonix for about 17-18 yrs. It has worked wonders ( I have a peptic ulcer that covered my whole stomach) for years and could eat pretty much whatever. Now it's not working as well and wondered y'alls opinion on upping dose or switching to aciphex ( the (ONLY OTHER ONE THAT WORKS) Which is more expensive. I stay nauseated ALOT but have lived in a very stressful situation for awhile. I have medical knowledge- phlebotomy and Alzheimer's hospice care and med aide but I had a nervous breakdown about a year ago and discovered that I'm bipolar and OCD and ADHD and probably some more letters. I am going to go to my doctors but just kind of wanted y'alls opinion”

Krispy Applejax · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 21, 2019

For GERD: “I have been taking 40mg of Protonix daily for the last 3 years for GERD. I also have severe asthma and acid reflux is one of the main contributing factors for my asthma attacks and lung infections. I have an extreme reduction in symptoms using Protonix. I do not have any side effects. I do occasionally have reflux and I will have to use Tums or something, but I'm certain this is attributed to my diet. So I have to know if I'm going to play I'm probably going to pay ( Pizza, Jalepenos, ect).”

Faith · Taken for 10 years or more August 20, 2019

For GERD: “I had my gallbladder out years ago, so long ago this medicine wasn't generic and very expensive. It was the only thing that relieved my pain. Since I've tried so many times to get off this medicine but I experience heaviness in my chest an lots of pain. Trouble breathing. My body is now so depending on this I'm stuck. I pray no one gets dependent on this or any other medicine with all these side effects.”

Fuzzypickles · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2019

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Been on pantoprazole for about 2 months now. Have an almost constant headache with varying degrees of pain plus lots of burping. Hate this drug. Will be so glad to get off of it. Also extremely fatigued with no energy.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2019

For Peptic Ulcer: “This medicine helped me so much. It was prescribed to me in June after I got sudden extremely harsh and painful acid reflux accompanied by diarrhea and lost 10 lbs in one week. Couldn't eat without being nauseous, couldn't sleep without my stomach hurting me and waking up to throw up water brash several times. I was in the ER twice for this and that's when I got the prescription. It took around 3 days to control the acid, but I could still feel a slight sting in my stomach for around a week at the time. I got a migraine and was itchy at first...two weeks later my joints started to ache. But then after that I used it for 2 months and now I have stopped. My symptoms are gone! I'm back to normal and can eat/drink what I want. Also, actual symptoms from the medicine seemed to have faded away after 2 weeks and I literally had no reaction to it after.”