User Reviews for Pantoprazole (Page 6)

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.5
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 5.7 238 reviews

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Dee557 May 30, 2017

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I was prescribed Pantoprazole for H-pylori. I have experienced headaches, shortness of breath and awful metalic taste in my mouth. A recent visit to the Doctor, and I was found to have high blood pressure, so was put on Ramipril for that. The side effects were constant coughing to the point of vomiting. I looked up Ramipril only to find it was the source of the coughing, so called my M.D. to have it changed to a non ACE-inhibiter. Now I just did a search on the pantoprazole, -only to find that it can have a contraindication of high blood pressure! Bloody hell! Can't these M.D.'s do a simple research!? What a mess I'm in now. Would have been better off without either drug.”

Gastroparesis Girl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 20, 2017

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I have had GERD for years now. I started out taking Prilosec, but it started making me burp a lot and it would just absolutely hurt. My doctor switched me to Protonix and that has helped so much. I take 40 mgs twice a day. I don't burp nearly as much and food doesn't creep back up and into my mouth like it did so much either. I also take Zantac at night, but it still had helped a lot even before then. It's been such a relief. I didn't get any side effects from it either. I take it 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before lunch.”

Clalumelia2 · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2017

For GERD: “I've had moderate to severe GERD for 10+ years; last med I was on was Lansoprolzale for 5+ years. Recently, I was switched to Pantaprozale Sodium 40 mg a day; have taken it for less than a week and it's been hell since the first day I took it. Have had sweats and the worst joint and muscle pains and cramps, and ulcers in my mouth along with a sore throat. At the NP's advice who prescribed it I also take Magnesium. I'm stopping this med today and hope these side effects go away soon.”

Solved crippling stomach pain · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2017

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: “I was prescribed this following three or four days with crippling stomach pain caused by gastritis' within a few hours I had immediate relief and within 36 hours felt virtually back to normal, so much so that I ceased taking the medication on day 4 or 5 (supported by my GP). I was taking the 40mg Gastro-resistant tablets twice daily.”

Kristi76 February 7, 2017

For GERD: “Severe itching, swelling and redness in hands and neck. Immediate burning in esophagus and acid reflux symptoms.”

savithri srithar · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2017

For GERD: “Feeling dizzy , severe head-ache”

Weawea · Taken for 10 years or more December 25, 2016

For GERD: “Taking medicine to many years in my opinion.”

Piceno · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2016

For GERD: “If you have diabetes type 2, I strongly urge you not to take this drug. Even though they say that increase of blood sugar is rare, this happened to me. About five days I started taking this drug (40mg), I started to feel lightheaded. My morning reading of blood sugar is normally about 6.6 three hours after breakfast, but I started getting readings of 11.6. I felt like hell. Even worse, the spike in blood sugar caused my blood pressure (controlled by medication) to also spike to about 165/80. I decided to stop the Pantoprazole. The lightheadness went away, and my blood pressure returned to normal. Be very careful with this drug. There are a couple of websites which warn of increase in blood sugar.”

Timmy G. December 21, 2016

For GERD: “While on this medication 20mg 2x daily I had chest pain and shortness of breath. I was taking to the hospital multiple times because I thought I was having a heart attack.”

qqii · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 3, 2016

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Haven't been effective at all. Gave me severe headache. I switched to esomeprazole instead which was very very effective.”

Abbygail23 November 27, 2016

For GERD: “I have been on pantoprazole 40 mgs for a long time. I still vomit in my throat , have heartburn and my throat is hoarse and scratchy all the time ! In fact my whole life as far I I remember my throat was scratchy. I used to keep my family up at night as a kid always trying to clear my throat. Today I had bread and butter to eat and still want to vomit and uncomfortable in my chest ! I am off to vomit now just to give myself some relief. I do not eat spicy food yet still get it. I am at wits end. Maybe I should just stop eating all together ! Not sure of this is linked to what I suffer with. But I lost most of my back molars now even though I always brush my teeth at least 3-4 times a day Could this be from acid leaking up into my throat ?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2016

For GERD: “I have been on 40 mg twice a day for 2 weeks. I can't shake this awful headache. Then a week ago I woke up feeling as though I was hit with the flu. Body hurting all over, severe headche, restless, no energy, cotton mouth to the extreme, no appetite. Been so sick haven't even noticed if the medicine is actually working for what I am taking it for. Went to the doctor tested me for flu, pneumonia, strep, u name it and found nothing. Pain is unbelieveable and continous. Stopped taking the medicine yesterday and showing huge signs of improvement. I will stick to my bottle of tums a day over that horrific pain. Not worth it. Hurt burn is pain full but at least I can go about my day with it. This medicine I couldnt even get out of bed”

Gangi · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2016

For Erosive Esophagitis: “I have been on pantaprozol for just over a week 4omg twice a day. Not noticed any difference . Have lost my voice for 6 weeks now . Been diagnosed with silent reflux. I've got dry mouth . Mouth ulcers sore tongue and my lips are very sore . .”

Lh0025 October 14, 2016

For Stomach Ulcer: “This has been a miracle drug for healing stomach ulcers. It took about 6weeks to heal completely. No negative side effects from this drug only positive.”

Tracnicky October 7, 2016

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: “this is literally my 2nd day on protonix, and I am very happy. I will say I have experienced dizziness for about the first 2/3 minutes upon taking. I can deal with that; I am not experiencing acid reflux!!!! I have literally taken Prilosec for 6 years. I had the gastric sleeve which brings upon extreme heartburn”

Wagriff · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2016

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I have had severe Gerd/Acid Reflux for nearly 6 years. It has put me in the hospital 7 times now and has totally destroyed my teeth which I have always been meticulous about caring for. Presently, it's also causing me swallowing problems and voice troubles. The pain the Gerd can generate is an actual true "10"-Far far worse than the pain I experienced from a Quad Cardiac Bypass surgery. My doctor gave me Protonix for it and it worked Very well on reducing, perhaps, 80% of the pain. Unfortunately, the medication caused Peripheral Edema Big time and I had to go off of it again. The edema immediately went away, but the pain came back too. I have noticed this reaction from almost all proton pumps that I have tried to date.”

Robbie522 · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2016

For Erosive Esophagitis: “I was prescribed this medication to assist with treating my eosinophillic esophagitis. I have never in my life experienced so many horrific side effects from a medication. Cramping, abdominal pain, intestinal pain, gas, it was so bad that I could only tolerate the medicine for a week.”

Disfan · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2016

For GERD: “I've been on Protonix for 2 weeks and feel awful. I have high pitched ringing in my ears, headaches, a lot of fatigue, and constantly feel like there is a lump in my throat that is very uncomfortable. I just feel beat up and wiped out! Saw dr. but she found nothing. Didn't look down throat very well though. Hate not knowing if it's Protonix but worried about stopping it to see.”

Eliza Doalot July 10, 2016

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: “I just started Protonix 6 days ago. I feel beat up. Does the Propofol used to do the procedure hang on for this many days? If it doesn't , then the Protonix is causing several symptoms| Lethargy Dizziness Dry mouth And last and worst is constant ringing in my ears. It's getting very annoying Has anyone else experienced this crazy ear side effect?”

Onesiepajamas · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2016

For Erosive Esophagitis: “I've been unwell for 2 years with nausea and reflux. I've tried almost everything, natural and rx, to no avail. My symptoms started getting even worse 2 months ago. Had an endoscopy this week and was put on pantoprazole. After ONE pill, I'm a new woman. I feel human again. Thank God for this med. I pray it continues to work for me.”

SierraSong June 2, 2016

For Erosive Esophagitis: “I went to the ER yesterday thinking I was having a heart attack. It seems (will be further explored) that my low level GERD for which I'd been taking 20mg omeprazole, eroded my esophagus and I had esophageal spasms - unbelievable painful. Took the generic Protonix this morning and what a difference. No side effects whatsoever, but it's early days. Will see my primary and GI doc soon to delve deeper. However, I couldn't believe the instant relief.”

Jewelgal · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2016

For Stomach Ulcer: “I gave it a 1 because the side effects for me were so severe. I can't tell yet whether it helped my stomach but I knew instantly I had to get off it. Further reading and other people's experiences sealed the deal for me. I went deaf, instantly jaundice face and eyes, eye sight went some days...some days not. I was taking other drugs that were compatible with it but the side effects I'm certain came from this one. Once I went off of it (I tapered down over a week while upping my diet based on my condition's needs) I had a severe headache for a couple of days, heart raced and a bit of nausea. Feel much better now and the jaundice is gone and after almost two months of not being able to hear, I hear a bit better today. I was taking 80mg”

gayle14587 · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2016

For GERD: “I was prescribed this medication because my insurance wasn't covering my previous medication which worked just right for me. This medication does ease the stomach pain but it gives me a nasty headache. The last headache that I had that was contributed by this medication lasted 5 days! Once I came to the realization that it was the Pantoprazole 40mg I stopped taking them and the headache went away.”

nov021925 April 24, 2016

For Stomach Ulcer: “Seems to ease stomach pain.”

trish59 · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2016

For Stomach Ulcer: “Starting taking this med after bleeding duodenal ulcer put me in hospital-Took for 2 weeks but my sugars started spiking near 400 no matter what I ate. This is not the drug for me or possibly any other diabetics out there with sugar control issues.”