User Reviews for Pantoprazole to treat Erosive Esophagitis

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Pantoprazole has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis. 53% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Pantoprazole Rating Summary

6.4/10 average rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis.

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Eliza Doalot July 10, 2016

Protonix (pantoprazole): “I just started Protonix 6 days ago. I feel beat up. Does the Propofol used to do the procedure hang on for this many days? If it doesn't , then the Protonix is causing several symptoms| Lethargy Dizziness Dry mouth And last and worst is constant ringing in my ears. It's getting very annoying Has anyone else experienced this crazy ear side effect?”

Moosemomma June 25, 2020

Protonix (pantoprazole): “On Protonix only two days , feel 100% better from my erosive esophagitis. I couldn’t swallow cause if the pain and the gnawing pain between the breastbone killed me . Ended up in the ER ( many) times . This med helped so much !!!”

Releived March 31, 2008

Protonix (pantoprazole): “Started off with the "Purple Pill" effective but very expensive. Physician switched me to "Pantoprazole" (Protonix) - just as effective, a fraction of the price. My diet slipped back to pre-med carelessness (spicy food, garlic, onions, curries &c and STILL no problems. I did go back to sensible eating at the urging of my daughter!”

Truffette · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2019

“First day on pantoprozole 40mg I had an excessively achy back , legs, and feet. I chalked it up to not working for a few days and then being back on my feet. Day 2,3,4 Started getting sciatica-like aching in lumbar area, hips , and behind my butt. My joints ached and muscles felt spasmy. Every place that I may have arthritis in ached horribly. Felt weak and dizzy. Every weight bearing joint from the waist down ached like never before.”

Fifi · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

“After day 2 of taking this drug I started with bad gas, bloating, stomach cramps and then watery nasty smelling diarrhea. I've had it now several times a day for over a week. Stopped taking meds yesterday and still have same symptoms. Does help the acid though but too harsh on stomach and bowels. Waiting on call back from doctors office.”

Jordan · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2019

“I had an endoscopy which revealed esophagitis. The GI doctor prescribed 40mg of pantoprazole and after 2 or 3 days on it, my chest was hurting, there was a disgusting taste in my mouth, and my throat became incredibly hot and sore. I stopped taking the medication but it is over a week later and I am still suffering from these conditions. The taste in my mouth is driving me crazy. I am extremely concerned this drug gave me GERD and I have no idea what to do. I have talked to three doctors and none of them know how to help me. They all deny the drug can do this, but what else could have caused it? I have been anxious and depressed and terrified this drug did permanent damage to me.”

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2019

“I have Dysphagia / Esophagitis and have been on pantoprazole Going on three weeks, dysphagia improving super slow. Still get chocking episodes, but can definitely get liquids and pureed downs. Any one know how long before I can eat normally again?”

Tracnicky October 7, 2016

Protonix (pantoprazole): “this is literally my 2nd day on protonix, and I am very happy. I will say I have experienced dizziness for about the first 2/3 minutes upon taking. I can deal with that; I am not experiencing acid reflux!!!! I have literally taken Prilosec for 6 years. I had the gastric sleeve which brings upon extreme heartburn”

Onesiepajamas · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2016

“I've been unwell for 2 years with nausea and reflux. I've tried almost everything, natural and rx, to no avail. My symptoms started getting even worse 2 months ago. Had an endoscopy this week and was put on pantoprazole. After ONE pill, I'm a new woman. I feel human again. Thank God for this med. I pray it continues to work for me.”

Doggielover54 July 15, 2015

“I had my GERD under control though diet with only occasional heart burn. A scope found that I was still experiencing erosive esophagitis so the doc put me on 40 mg pantoprazole. I can now eat just about anything but I'm still very sensitive to spicy foods and fatty foods. I'm considering decreasing the dosage to 20 mg to see if it still works.”

Toto · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2020

“I have been using this treatment (Pantroprazole 40mg) for 8 days now to threat acid reflux which resulted to esophagitis irritation. I have tried all natural remedy to no avail. My ORL placed me on this medication. I'm having some negative side effects like pains in my lower abdomen, hips are painful after 5 days of use. Dizziness each time I take it, can't sleep well, no relief at all. Pain in lumbar area too. I think I will stop taking it and call my doctor. Right away.”

Gangi · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2016

“I have been on pantaprozol for just over a week 4omg twice a day. Not noticed any difference . Have lost my voice for 6 weeks now . Been diagnosed with silent reflux. I've got dry mouth . Mouth ulcers sore tongue and my lips are very sore . .”

longislandhoney · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2020

“I was put on this medication pantoprazole for erosive esophagus, whatever, and I only lasted 10 days. 5 days into taking this medication, I experienced horrible back spasms. I do go to a chiropractor 2x a week but these spasms were nothing I ever had before. Then a week later, more back spasms and now my right eye was constantly twitching. Called dr. he put me on Pepcid. Let's see.”

Anonymous July 7, 2009

“I was put on this medicine after I had an Endoscopy done for nausea and vomiting, and found out I had severe Esophagitis. After being on the medicine for about two months the doctor now has me taking two tablets a day, because the nausea would come back full force at night and I would not be able to sleep. It seems to work but I am worried about the side effects.”

Robbie522 · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2016

“I was prescribed this medication to assist with treating my eosinophillic esophagitis. I have never in my life experienced so many horrific side effects from a medication. Cramping, abdominal pain, intestinal pain, gas, it was so bad that I could only tolerate the medicine for a week.”

SierraSong June 2, 2016

“I went to the ER yesterday thinking I was having a heart attack. It seems (will be further explored) that my low level GERD for which I'd been taking 20mg omeprazole, eroded my esophagus and I had esophageal spasms - unbelievable painful. Took the generic Protonix this morning and what a difference. No side effects whatsoever, but it's early days. Will see my primary and GI doc soon to delve deeper. However, I couldn't believe the instant relief.”

Mo January 19, 2021

“Let’s just say I have a list of issues found when they checked my upper GI. I have been on this medication for 6 days now and all was fine in the beginning. I now have a horrible sharp pain in my hip, headaches, diarrhea on day 3 and almost a pinching feeling in my back. The pain in the hip and back is not constant, it’s more short but sharp. I am not sure if this medicine is doing what it is supposed to do, but I can’t wait to be done with it. Drink tons of water while you at on this.”

Sandra · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2021

“2 weeks I took pill for 7 days straight, somedays were ok, others got al ot of nausea and anxiety, even got 1 panic attack. Stopped it but was suffering from esophagitis. Undigested food, chest pressure, nauseous. Doctor tell me to take it 3 weeks. I restarted today, but I'm getting symptoms again like nausea, anxiety. What are alternate options? I'm scared not sure what to do, doctors didn't believe me this medicine alter my anxiety levels. I got an anxiety pill but takes like 1 week to start working.”

Will · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 2, 2021

“Suffered from dysphasia so bad that I would need to vomit to rid stuck food in my esophagus during many meals. Pantaprazole has been a miracle drug for me. No choking episodes and no esophagitis while taking it. None of the side effects mentioned here by others.”

bambam2494 April 7, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole): “The only thing to work for me so far.”

Heart Burn October 31, 2013

“Just as good and cheaper than Nexium”