User Reviews for Pantoprazole to treat Peptic Ulcer

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Pantoprazole Rating Summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Peptic Ulcer.

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Les · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2020

Protonix (pantoprazole): “I’ve been on Protonix for 3 months now after suffering a rupture in my stomach from an ulcer, it has drastically changed my body in a good way. The gastrointestinal perforation I had almost finished me off and I spent 14 days in the hospital, my surgeon put me on protonix pretty much right while I was in the recovery, I’m not sure about side effects because I haven’t experienced any, but this little pill has help me by healing my ulcers and controlling the acid in my gut, this stuff is basically saving my life.”

Belli's Nana August 24, 2019

“I have been on 40 mg of Protonix for about 17-18 yrs. It has worked wonders ( I have a peptic ulcer that covered my whole stomach) for years and could eat pretty much whatever. Now it's not working as well and wondered y'alls opinion on upping dose or switching to aciphex ( the (ONLY OTHER ONE THAT WORKS) Which is more expensive. I stay nauseated ALOT but have lived in a very stressful situation for awhile. I have medical knowledge- phlebotomy and Alzheimer's hospice care and med aide but I had a nervous breakdown about a year ago and discovered that I'm bipolar and OCD and ADHD and probably some more letters. I am going to go to my doctors but just kind of wanted y'alls opinion”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2019

“This medicine helped me so much. It was prescribed to me in June after I got sudden extremely harsh and painful acid reflux accompanied by diarrhea and lost 10 lbs in one week. Couldn't eat without being nauseous, couldn't sleep without my stomach hurting me and waking up to throw up water brash several times. I was in the ER twice for this and that's when I got the prescription. It took around 3 days to control the acid, but I could still feel a slight sting in my stomach for around a week at the time. I got a migraine and was itchy at first...two weeks later my joints started to ache. But then after that I used it for 2 months and now I have stopped. My symptoms are gone! I'm back to normal and can eat/drink what I want. Also, actual symptoms from the medicine seemed to have faded away after 2 weeks and I literally had no reaction to it after.”

Saved my life July 13, 2017

“My stomach was such a mess with multiple peptic ulcers, I ended up having emergency surgery due to a perforated bowel, spent three months in a hospital.. Protonix has been my miracle. If I run out even for a day I'm in so much pain that I can't even walk. I'm thankful for this medicine”

Neem · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 25, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole): “Hospitalized January 2012 due to bleeding peptic ulcer which I didn't know I had. GI doc said ulcer was due not to H. pylori but entirely to NSAIDs, the nightly 325 mg aspirin (combination therapy with Plavix for RCA stent, Dec. 2010), to which I added generous doses of Advil (600-800 mg) most days trying to combat muscle pain from simvastatin (current combination of Livalo 2 mg 400 mg CoQ10 = no pain). I am supposed to continue Protonix as long as I am taking aspirin (now only 81 mg). No visible side effects after a year and a half. I do take magnesium 2-3 times a week due to concern about Protonix knocking mg level down. Also take Caltrate, for the osteoporosis it may cause. Protonix is easy to take, but hard to get off of, I hear.”

Anonymous February 19, 2011

Protonix (pantoprazole): “Esophageal ulcer: Had problems off and on with horrible heartburn throughout my teens years until I ended up with an ulcer due to undiagnosed acid reflux and other problems. Was prescribed Protonix and it was the only thing that worked. Since then I have been able to use Tagamet (cimetidine) for every day use, along with watching what I eat, but the Protonix is awesome.”

Learn more about Peptic Ulcer

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)