User Reviews for Pantoprazole to treat Gastritis/Duodenitis

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Pantoprazole Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Gastritis/Duodenitis.

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Kim · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 28, 2020

“I was prescribed this medicine when my insurance stopped covering Dexilant and I developed some ulcers. It completely healed my very large ulcers in 3 months but I gained 20 pounds. I kept taking it because of gastritis and this is the only lactose free PPI my insurance covers. After 3 years. I’ve gained a total of 30 pounds barely eating anything and when I tried to stop taking it, I was vomiting within 3 days so I have to continue taking the medicine until I can find something else.”

Thundercat · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

“Took for one day, extreme bloating, bad gas, dizzy, just felt like something wasn't right. Terrible terrible medication.”

ella · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2019

“Do not take this pantoprazole, it is bad for you, avoid it at all costs I mean it. I was supposedly diagnosed with gastritis. The doctor gave me pantoprazole. After the first few days I started feeling throat tightness/lump feeling even after light exercise. Then gradually worsened and I felt it all day everyday. Also had extreme nausea had to go to the hospital. Been off it for 2 days now and my throat is recovering and my nausea has also subsided. DO NOT TAKE THIS. It will make you feel awful and it is hard to recover from it.”

Bobby · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2019

“Worked very well. But I had to discontinue due to serious depression . I never seen anything like this. I saw a study 2018 that confirms this./ TRUE OF ALL PROTON PUMP INHIBITORS”

LahTiDah June 15, 2019

“I was put on pantoprazole for stomach irritations caused by NSAIDS Has anyone experienced itching or rashes with Pantoprazole? I have taken it for 10 days and had only mild headaches and unpleasant dizziness. But yesterday I developed some itchy, blotchy looking rash areas. They itch like crazy. I have every cream under the yellow sun in my closet and nothing has turned off this infernal itch.”

Missy March 12, 2019

“Took pantoprazole for 2 weeks. It helped the gastritis somewhat but the side effects were not worth it. Bloated, gassy, constipated, and just plain miserable. Everywhere I went smelled like fart. Not like normal fart, but super mega supreme farts. My couch smelled, my bed smelled, & I even heard a couple complaints in the grocery store! My butt was constantly leaking rank farts beyond my control. At first, I had to use coffee to be able to go #2, but then I wasn't able to go at all. I even tried Miralax, which normally helps with occasional constipation, but even that didn't work, just caused fluid to get stuck in my bowel. You could press on my lower abdomen & hear squelching but I could still barely go at all! 2 days after stopping this medication, and my bowels finally released. It's been about 5 days now, and I've lost about 5 lbs from pooping. I weigh just under 130 lbs, so 5 lbs of crap is a lot on my small frame. I seriously looked prego. I'm going back to Pepcid.”

Francescavviale September 25, 2017

“I was with gastritis symptoms for about two weeks and didn't pay attention until last Sunday I had one of the worst stomach pain ever, couldn't sleep, had fever and nausea the entire night and even during Monday. I went to the doctor that same Monday and he gave me this medication; after I took it, the pain went away within 20 minutes and, in about 3 days, almost came back to normal. I'm still taking them for another 6 days because I still feel I need it (I was almost an entire month feeling weird so I think I will take a while before I go back to normal). I'm also complementing with a healthy diet (stopped drinking coffee, sodas, foods with sugar or fat).”

Solved crippling stomach pain · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2017

“I was prescribed this following three or four days with crippling stomach pain caused by gastritis' within a few hours I had immediate relief and within 36 hours felt virtually back to normal, so much so that I ceased taking the medication on day 4 or 5 (supported by my GP). I was taking the 40mg Gastro-resistant tablets twice daily.”

So freaking terrible · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2015

“I can't even explain how horrible this headache is. It is 3:44am, and I can't sleep a wink because of the horrible pain I'm in. I've only just started this medication, yesterday, and it will be my last dose. It's Pantoprozole Sodium Extended release 40mg. When they say headache is a possible/common side effect, they weren't kidding. Migraine like pain. I will gladly take gastritis over this crap. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, again. This sucks soooooo bad!!!”

kkrocksvegas April 16, 2015

“This med has been a life saver for me. I had gotten a severe case of food poisoning, then I developed gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining due to excessive vomiting) The ambulance had to take me to the emergency room! When I was released 6 hrs later, I was prescribed this med. My stomach pain immediately lessened. One every 24hrs. I'm on day 5 and the gastritis is about gone. No cramps, no pain in my stomach, no nausea. I recommend this one for gastistis!!!”

Learn more about Gastritis/Duodenitis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)