User Reviews for Ranitidine to treat Stomach Ulcer

Also known as: Zantac, Zantac 150, Acid Control 75, Acid Reducer, Deprizine, Zantac 25 mg EFFERdose, Berkley and Jensen Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Acid Reducer Non-Prescription Strength, Zantac Injection, Acid Relief, Sunmark Acid Reducer Maximum Strength Zantac 150 EFFERdose Zantac 75 Careone Acid Reducer Equaline Heartburn Relief Acid Control 150 …show all brand names

Ranitidine has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Stomach Ulcer. 83% of those users who reviewed Ranitidine reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Ranitidine Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Stomach Ulcer.

Mutt · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2019

“Burning in stomach, swelling in your stomach.”

Lowry · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 24, 2018

“I found this to be very good. I was put on omeprazole first but that caused really bad IBS, so my doctor changed to this one and no problems so far. I am due to come off them so will update with my progress then”

stomach pain · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine): “This drug probably won't work on it's own. I was taking 2 of these a day because the ER doctor prescribed it. It seemed to be working because it relieved the pain. But my poop still looked weird. When more blood came I added the prescription dose of prilosec [40 mgs/day] and my poop was brown again. (I also added probiotics.)”

nightothhawk February 29, 2012

“It stopped the stomach pains just fine BUT it caused extreme depression and hopelessness. After about 14 days I left it off and started seeking something better as the emotional issues it created were exhausting.”

epitome7 May 13, 2013

“I used ranitidine since 2000 and the acid stomach burns continued. I started using Equaline ranitidine tablets USP 150 around May 1, 2013 and I don't have the acid stomach burn anymore. I don't even have to use Equaline everyday like I did the other ranitidine. Surprisingly, I think that Equaline may cure my stomach acid burns for good.”

Devon107 January 14, 2016

Zantac 150 (ranitidine): “Didn't take away pain in 1 months”

Anonymous August 21, 2008

“One or two tablets does the trick for me.”

mrs moo · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2016

“Currently having side effect of painful cramps down both arms. Creating painful hands that spasm.”