User Reviews for Ranitidine to treat Indigestion

Also known as: Zantac, Zantac 150, Acid Control 75, Acid Reducer, Deprizine, Zantac 25 mg EFFERdose, Berkley and Jensen Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Acid Reducer Non-Prescription Strength, Zantac Injection, Acid Relief, Sunmark Acid Reducer Maximum Strength Zantac 150 EFFERdose Zantac 75 Careone Acid Reducer Equaline Heartburn Relief Acid Control 150 …show all brand names

Ranitidine has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Indigestion. 58% of those users who reviewed Ranitidine reported a positive effect, while 32% reported a negative effect.

Ranitidine Rating Summary

6.8/10 average rating

Compare all 250 medications used in the treatment of Indigestion.

Reviews for Ranitidine

Me · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2020

Zantac (ranitidine): “The only reason ZANTAC was taken off the market was because it worked. How are we the HUMAN POPULATION suppose to find something that doesn't have chemicals that may or may not cause cancer? Unfortunately we are not chemist so didn't get their cut from the drug companies pulled this scare. Shame on all of them”

Teh Nicole · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 17, 2020

“This ranitidine drug is good but lately all has been recall at my country, cannot survive without it, I have heartburn everyday”

Charlene · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 15, 2019

“It stopped my stomach ache. It's really good.”

1meek1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2015

Zantac (ranitidine): “My mother has been sick for years... when I say years... I mean I'm 39 I can remember her not being able to keep food down when I was a teenager. She's had every medical procedure, every treatment you can imagine. She's on medication for other illness (antipsychotic meds) but nothing has ever worked for her. Finally, I suggested maybe you can try Zantac... to date, it's been a full month without her throwing up her food! Whatever is in this stuff... we truly believe it's gonna save her life! Thank you.”

pa · Taken for 10 years or more December 6, 2019

Zantac (ranitidine): “I have taken this for about 30 Years Only thing that has contributed my acid problem AND NOW I CAN'T GET BECAUSE THE FDA HAS DECIDED THAT there is a SLIGHT CHANCE IT IS CARCINOGEN ISN'T THAT WHY IT HAD TO BE THROUGHLY TESTED BEFORE APPROVAL ”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2012

Zantac (ranitidine): “I have an intolerance to wheat (not coeliac) and with so much wheat in the world this medication has made it so I can enjoy every kind of cuisine without fear of vomiting it back up within 20-30 minutes! It is a God-send - thanks.”

Leo · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

“I have generalized anxiety disorder but panic attacks are pretty rare (maybe once per week). However, the three times I took zantac for indigestion I experienced a panic attack. I wonder whether there's a connection as others have reported. This needs to be studied.”

Crooked Creek gypsy lady · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2016

“Gas, bloating, nausea, spitting up froth, feeling of tightness in the chest, extreme debilitating pain in waves in left shoulder radiating into left shoulder blade, pain in lower back, chills, runny nose”

tideview · Taken for 10 years or more November 21, 2015

“Always works for me. My indigestion is periodic depending on factors I haven't been able to pin down, so I don't take the drug before meals, but wait until I'm sure my stomach pain is rising. and then take two 75 mg ranitidine which reduce the pain within 15 minutes, and eliminate it entirely within 30 minutes. Antacids don't work for me.”

Rlp August 22, 2019

Zantac 150 (ranitidine): “I am one year post RNY gastric bypass. I have had severe stomach pain for the last week. My doctor almost hospitalized me due to this pain. He decided to have me take ranitidine 150 mg. I had this pain for nearly a week, about 45 minutes after the first dose, my severe pain was gone. Omeprazole was prescribed by my surgeon and it didn't help. The ranitidine is a life saver.”

Earth warrior · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 10, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine): “What a despicable amount of packaging for such a tiny bottle. Your brand is successful enough to not to need such a waste of earth’s resources to get the customer to notice it on the shelf when we are already looking for it. Please think of the future of our planet.”

a PERSON · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

“I have had diarrhea, most days for over twenty years - severe bloating - am obese despite eating 500 calories on average - I do not over eat. I very very very rarely eat a large plate of food - I have never eaten 3 meals a day - never added sugar - do not have puddings - do not have fast food etc. I eat salad - no dressing. A doctor said I had IBS and gave me Ranitidene - I took it for about a month - but stopped - due to very severe intense pain under right ribcage. VERY SCARY!”

Pat · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2018

Zantac 150 (ranitidine): “Love it I can eat or drink anything NO MORE HEARTBURN AND INDIGESTION”

Anonymous May 3, 2009

Zantac 150 (ranitidine): “It made my stomach hurt, gave me bad gas pain and a headache.”

Pika · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2019

“Caused a lot of abdominal pain, gas, sweating for hours and hours. Made acid reflux worse.”

Lab Rat · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2019

Zantac (ranitidine): “This medication has been for sale for almost 40 years and they are now just finding out it causes cancer. A pharmacy called Valisure tested and found it to have high levels of NMDA.”

Cleetus Farragamo December 17, 2016

“A 150mg tablet twice daily does a very effective job of calming down stomach acid and acid reflux.”

stotts2lo September 30, 2010

Zantac 300 (ranitidine): “Works real good keeping my symptoms of heartburn under control.”

Swollen Face · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2013

Zantac 150 (ranitidine): “This was prescribed to me as a H2 antihistamine blocker. Took it in the morning and had bad allergic reaction, a painful swollen face within minutes.”

Anonymous September 21, 2011

“Its great if you take it when you feel the heart burn coming on. If you find yourself in mid severe heart burn, beware it will take 30-45 mins to kick in.”

Anonymous June 2, 2010

“I have used ranitidine for indigestion for many years and it still works just as well.”

Anonymous November 13, 2008

“Best there is. Thanks.”

deegeeplouise · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2015

“I had a spot of gastritis. First had to take 150mg twice a day, but still had issues so I went up to 300mg twice a day, and sometimes still having issues...”

Learn more about Indigestion