User Reviews for Famotidine to treat Laryngopharyngeal Reflux

Also known as: Pepcid, Pepcid AC, Heartburn Relief, Pepcid Oral Suspension, Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets, Acid Reducer Maximum Strength, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Tablets, Acid Control, Acid Reducer-Famotidine, Acid Reducer Original Strength, Heartburn Relief Maximum Strength, Acid Controller Original Strength Acid Controller Maximum Strength

Natural remedy · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2021

“ENT doctor prescribe Famotidine on 2/12/21. I feel horrible can not eat, feel like I’m having a heart attack had a panic attack. Chest tightness ,headache anxiety I feel worse. This medication needs to be off the market! Going the Alternative medicine route , new breed of doctors are Pharmaceutical drug pushers. Doctors only treat symptoms, but never the cause. A Doctor is more interested in keeping you sick than curing you. This way, you keep coming back for more treatments.”

Cheryl · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2021

“If the manufacturer of your generic drug is Aurobindo Pharm beware! I know of more than one case of developing urgent diarrhea which turned into diarrhea with bright red blood. Now I have to get a colonoscopy to assess the damage this drug has caused after only taking 3.5 weeks. The adverse bowel movement symptoms developed after week 2, but the drug never helped my acid reflux symptoms. In other cases, patient had different drug manufacturer and the drug worked with no complications. I would like drugs.com to add name of manufacturer to the criteria for reviews as it definitely makes a difference!”

Midwest Mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2020

“This drug famotidine is horrible! I’ve tried most PPIs and H2 blockers with minimal success. The only thing that worked for my chronic throat clearing was Zantac. I was devastated when they pulled it. I thought famotidine would be a good replacement. I couldn’t have been more wrong. After 4 months of taking this drug, I developed horrible stomach pain with diarrhea. I was ready to call my GI doctor because I thought something was terribly wrong. Along with that, I was extremely agitate and anxious and could not sleep. I had to get a benzo from my primary to help with the agitation and anxiety, I started reading sites like this and stopped this horrible drug. I feel so much better and no longer feel like I’m going crazy,”

BRabbit · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

“I've been struggling with acid reflux but NO heartburn due to the quarantine - overeating and lack of exercise. I had never had acid reflux in my life. I was recommended to take famotidine 20 mg twice a day for 30 days. It did relieve constant symptoms and about four days in I felt almost normal. I kept taking the drug just in case (didn't want to quit at day 5). However, I think it is causing more harm than good. I am bloated, hungry but unable to eat, weird nausea, cough, and slight reflux. I'm going to stop taking this and see if my bodies balance will return to normal. So while it was effective, I think it also has made me sick.”