User Reviews for Lansoprazole

Also known as: Prevacid, Prevacid 24HR, Prevacid IV, Prevacid OTC, Prevacid SoluTab

Learn more about Lansoprazole.

Lansoprazole Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 146 medications used in the treatment of GERD.

Reviews for Lansoprazole to treat GERD

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "After several months of taking prevacid, if I don't take it for a day, my symptoms now are 10 times worse than they used to be before I started taking it. Not only that, but the doctor has told me that if I continue to take prevacid I will most likely develop osteoporosis (I am only 18 years old). Overall, after taking this medicine for about half a year, my only choice is to continue taking it, but risk being deficient in some essential nutrients and develop osteoporosis, or stop talking it and experience burning pain and reflux every day, and continue to damage my esophagus."

Hana Davis February 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I suffered from extreme bloating and gas starting thanksgiving 2016 and still am dealing with my gerds condition to this day 10 January 2017 My gastro Dr recommended prilosec one time a day but it was to strong and made me have an uneasy feeling in my stomach so he switched me to prevacid and it was great for the first week in a half but then starting causing me to burp excessively after that and I had a hard time digesting my food. I think it eliminated to much of my stomach acid hence, I had a hard time breaking down food And I stopped taking prevacid cause it harmed me more than helped Me in the end. Is there anything that will help me? It seems like antacids work against me:/ Don't no what to do Cause now I'm so sensitive eating food "

Shyeer January 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I have tried several medications for GERD. Did not work. When I go in to the hospital, I have to have my doctor order that I can bring in my generic Prevacid because they do not carry Prevacid in their pharmacy and the one they give me doesn't work. I take 30mg 2x daily. Have had no side effects. But now my new insurance requires me to get an exception to be able to take 2 per day."

Muldune (taken for 10 years or more) January 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid SoluTab (lansoprazole): "Insurance company kept trying to get me to try the generic. The mail order pharmacy sent the solu tab - did not work at all."

Muldune January 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had chest pains and breathing problems for ages after bad flu. Loads of tests but having never had indigestion did not consider it. Anyway after feeling very rough for two years and sometimes had to stay in bed, hospital finally diagnosed gerd and sliding hernia. At first I was delighted with lansoprazole then began to feel depressed, tired forgetful so I researched and tapered of pills for about two weeks then every morning took small glass warm water with organic honey and two teaspoons apple cider vinegar . First week tough but now been fine for four weeks and eating most things. However I have type 2 diabetes and so have a healthy diet and I exercise. No pills for that either. I am 69 years old. ( and I am a Christian so I pray!!!)"

Granny artist (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Going to bathroom 4 times a day to unload"

Belly fat May 2, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I have been taking prevacid for 20 years. I have had numerous side effects in the last 5 years, migraine headaches, major memory loss, blurred vision, heart palpitations, and most of the side effects listed I have. I have taken this medication as I have severe acid reflux and when I stop I have instant reflux, but my side effects are getting worse, so I have to try something different or I fear this medication may end my life."

Anonymous February 16, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I have tried this in the past and it works so much better then others I have tried. Now when I do use it I can eat my lemons LOL"

theluvofhelp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I have tried almost every acid reducer made in the last 20 years and nothing worked until I took prevacid 30mg 2x a day. I has severe stomach pain, cramps, pain under right shoulder. Thought I was having a heart attack. One 30mg pill didn't do it, I still needed antacids. Another Dr suggested 2x a day. It worked. It took about 4 weeks for my symptoms to go away. I could eat anything. Periodically I've tried to reduce the amount by slowly reducing the mg, but symptoms always came back. I've tried the generic version because my insurance co would cover it at this high dose, but symptoms came back after a few months. Generic versions are just not the same."

ReGerd (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I have used Prevacid before and it does work well"

thecoxons (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "prevacid has worked great for me, the other ones do not help, so I stick to prevacid only."

kodabear3 November 27, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "After I turned 65, I started suffering from GERD. My doctor gave me free samples of Prilosec to use, but I found it to be only somewhat effective. I switched to Prevacid, and am now heartburn/GERD free! I've been taking Prevacid for about 4 years, and have suffered no side effects whatsoever."

mhorris46 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 27, 2015

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I have used Prevacid before and it does work well. Years ago, a doctor told me that they wanted to put a scope down my throat. I am not really in to that idea so it has not been done. I do not use this often due to the price increase but I would recommend it."

Shereida October 12, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I was told by MD that I probably have a hiatal hernia that is causing G.E.R.D. He prescribed an RX. When I went to pharmacy & it was too expensive, pharmacist suggested I try an over-the-counter one. I read all the labels of ingredients on Prevacid, Prilosec, etc. I chose Prevacid because of it's ingredients. I have been VERY happy with it! It works well!"

treke (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My daughter suffers from severe GERD and is 4 years old. Recently our insurance has her 15 mg solutabs (2x a day) running us $680/month. Specialist told us to try the OTC previcid. After 2 weeks my daughter suffered shortness of breath, bellyache and Cronic hiccups. Put her back on solutabs, symptoms gone. Tried this OTC approach twice and sure enough it is not effective for our daughters GERD compared to previcid solutabs that cost $680. My son is now on them as well so total we spend $1020 a month on previcid solutabs."

Children GERD April 17, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I took this for about 2 1/2 years in my early 30's and it work amazing! If I even missed a single dose I was up with horrible acid problems during the night. I do highly recommend it but also consider Fundoplication Surgery for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. I had this done about 10 years ago and since then my GERD is completely gone and I have no need for the Prevacid at all anymore. I eat and enjoy spicy foods never have an issue. Both Prevacid and the surgery changed my life!"

KellyKellyKelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2015

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"At first, the medication was very effective. Reflux and pain stopped almost at once. Was on lansoprazole for 18 months, for GERD and a hiatus hernia. Small side effects (visual disturbance, vertigo, tiredness) not a problem. BUT, after 1 yr, started to have terrible diarrhea, thin yellow and of sudden onset. Almost amounted to incontinence, at any time night or day. The tiredness became unacceptable. Eventually, I decided to come off the lansoprazole, for 2 weeks suffered bad recurrence of GERD. However, persevered (with help of Gaviscon) and after 2-3 weeks am now completely normal, no reflux, no pain. Have been great now for 3 months, far more energy, Would recommend a 'break' from the medicine to see if you can manage."

Eliza-Jane February 23, 2014

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I have been using this medication for about 15 years at 60mg a day, to treat severe GERD. Doctors in general are reluctant to prescribe this dosage, but in my case it was necessary. I had been using Zantac and Prilosec prior to that and graduated onto this as a last resort. It has cleared up most of the oesophogus erosion. There seems to be no side effects that I am aware of, but would be interested if anyone has noticed an uptick in kidney infections."

Muddling along (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2014

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I had suffered with acid reflux since childhood. I would wake up in the middle of the night, vomit, and go back to bed. This continued off and on for years. In my late teens and early 20's, it began to get worse. My doctor told me about Prevacid being OTC, and I should give that a try. It was getting so bad that no matter what I did or didn't do, ate or didn't eat, I would have heartburn. It used to be just certain foods triggered it. As time went on, anything and everything gave me heartburn. I started taking Prevacid, and now I take 15mg daily, and have for the last 5 years or so. Since taking it, I am almost completely heartburn free all the time. Occasionally, I have to take 30mg. But I couldn't live without it! It has changed my life!"

capecodgal (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 18, 2013

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I have suffered of frequent strong heartburn for the last 30 yrs. I purchased the 14 caps treatment and amazingly got well after the first take. 100% Recommended!"

LuisGon (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2013

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid 24HR (lansoprazole): "Not only is it a wonderful pill that takes away all symptoms within 24 hours its also just ONE pill a day, those that suffer from a severe heartburn would understand what its like to take just one pill over 20 chewables or so daily. Though my heartburn subsided post pregnancy and I no longer have a daily problem, I will definitely keep this in mind for next time around."

Marina A. (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2013

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "Took first pill yesterday, later on that day I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy, and by evening headachy. This morning I looked at this sight and saw that dizziness was one of side effects. "

henry rocks June 10, 2013

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid OTC (lansoprazole): "Taken daily but still have break through GERD."

AyrishGrl (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2013

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prevacid (lansoprazole): "I have been on Prevacid for over 10 years now. Take 30 Mg a day. I have used both the prescription and the 24 hr when I run out. Both are fantastic, never had a side effect and it completely controls my acid reflux and heartburn. Stopped eating tums and can eat whatever I choose. It works like a charm for me."

Macrock (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2013

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on lansoprazole for over a year and find it just isn't working (I take 30mg)."

winter_rogue (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2013