User Reviews for Esomeprazole to treat Erosive Esophagitis

Also known as: Nexium, Nexium 24HR, Nexium IV

Esomeprazole has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis. 73% of those users who reviewed Esomeprazole reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Esomeprazole Rating Summary

7.2/10 average rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis.

Shocked · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2021

Nexium (esomeprazole): “WORST MEDICINE EVER!! I took this for gastritis for 6 days as prescribed by my medical specialist and only felt worse. I had a very mild discomfort in my upper abdomen before and after taking it, I felt as if my entire abdomen was tight and knotted and in pain. But the WORST part of it was that it made me feel DEPRESSED and had really dark suicidal thoughts and that feeling I can never forget. It scared me to the core. And then I realised it was this medicine that made me so mentally upset as well as physically in pain. I would not recommend this to anyone. Please use something else but not this.”

Mister F · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 15, 2020

Nexium (esomeprazole): “I was given Nexium 40mg two years ago after a diagnosis of a mild esophagitis. Since then I've been taking it on and off when symptoms return (mainly at the turn of the season). Sure it does help with the acid, but at what price!! I'm just 27 and have always been a sporty guy, but since taking the drug I have developed a chronic back pain, shoulder pain and various tendinitis that are taking ages to heal. I don't know if the PPI has caused all these issues or if it the gastritis, but after doing some research I believe there is a connection with the drug. In addition I'm getting constantly sick (flue, sore throat, cold) like my immune system has gone crazy...”

Beckie · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

“Put on 40mg daily for 4 weeks due to Endoscopy finding lots of damage, oozing and internal bleeding. I was fine for a week then got stomach pain and breathlessness after eating or drinking even water. The pain was also under my sternum, a rolling bruised feeling. Had to skip evening meals due to not being able to lie down to sleep even after 5 hours of food. The breathing problem can be relieved somewhat if I can burp or belch but have to really force it. Sometimes Rennies help, Gaviscon Advance doesn't help. I also have squeezing stomach pain after food or drink. I'm beginning to suspect the Esomeprazole but won't know for sure till I finish with it and probably revert back to Omprazole.”

Tengo · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2018

Nexium (esomeprazole): “I started taking Omeprazole 20mg 25 years ago, then continue with esomeprazole and Nexium, no stop, I can’t quit, heartburn is coming back immediately even taking only water, no food. With Nexium, I’m able to eat almost all food without heartburn. Regardless of potential side effect, the doctor advised not to try to quit. My acid reflux is not treatable but Nexium perfectly works work me. No side effects or discomfort >20 years of my experience”

BK August 7, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole): “I was on Aciphex for 4-5 yrs. but the expense of it shifted me over to Nexium. I have now been taking 20 mg. Nexium 4 yrs. & have not had a GERD attack in years. My concerns are now that you can buy it OTC, I am concerned it will not be strong enough? And secondly, why is it that most nutritionists & holistic doctors insist that these acid controlling pills are the worse thing to take for your body? I tried not taking it for 2 mos. & immediately had an attack which is horrible. Can someone answer my concerns please.”

impachan · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2016

Nexium (esomeprazole): “I have been with horrible chest pressure for the last 2 weeks. Impossible to sleep. I have lost around 6lb, today I went to the doctor office and she send me Nexium. She tells me I have esophagitis. With just the first pill, all my pains have disappeared! I hope it continues this way, as I can enjoy life again.”

White Ghost June 25, 2016

Nexium (esomeprazole): “I am 41 years old and my blood pressure has risen. I'm told that I am spilling protein. I'm put on 10 mg. of zestril per day. I take the same amount even today. Zestril has a kidney protector in the drug. 2007 I'm taken to a hospital where they have a heat team waiting, but I'm told it's my stomach! I'm put on Prilosec, in 2010 I'm put on nexium. In the spring of 2016 I'm told that can not take nexium anymore because it can cause kidney issues! This summer I'm told that I have cyst all over my kidneys.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 8, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole): “I have been on this medicine for about three years with good effect. My problem has cleared up. However, for the last week I have woken at about 1.30 am with severe heartburn so obviously the medication no longer is working. ”

Dilly July 21, 2019

Nexium (esomeprazole): “Nexium has been a life saver for me, I have been taking it for over 20 years and it has allowed me to eat normally and get a good nights sleep each night”

Anonymous May 22, 2008

Nexium (esomeprazole): “nexium has been a Godsend for me, my acid reflux is gone. I can eat,go to bed, and not have any pain, the only side=effect I have had is a dull abdominal pain.”

Anonymous December 16, 2011

Nexium (esomeprazole): “This has been wonderful for me. No more excessive belching and burning and the pain in my chest has almost gone with the first treatment. I'm not scared to eat some of my favorite foods anymore.”

Anonymous October 12, 2009

Nexium (esomeprazole): “Always works!! But I make sure I am not dependent on it. I use it after a pause of 3 months. Nexium has a acid rebound effect once stopped abruptly. If you bear this, it will disappear in 2 - 3 days.”