User Reviews for Esomeprazole to treat Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis

Also known as: Nexium, Nexium 24HR, Nexium IV

Reviews for Esomeprazole

Dan August 26, 2020

Nexium (esomeprazole): “It is wonderful for your stomach. I was on it for 23 years, after two I started to have what the doctor called panic attacks. Blah blah blah, tests and psychiatrist later, nexium removes the magnesium out of your bones. Magnesium controls release of muscles, heartbeat, swallowing, I had become severely hypo (low) magnesium and no one ever caught it on a test until the last seizure. The guy in the ambulance who had seen me before said there’s something really wrong. When we got to the hospital I heard them argue with the nurse about magnesium not being in a panel, make sure you check his magnesium, the phlebotomist said, it is in a panel. It was not, 23 years of hypo magnesium and a two dollar lab test, I googled it, side effects, severe hypo magnesium. What a nightmare !!!”

Elfling · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 16, 2016

Nexium (esomeprazole): “I was prescribed Nexium 40mg approx 2 years ago at our local hospital after being diagnosed as having a quantity of small duodenal ulcers. No side effects were evident for the first week or so but then I started to feel aches and pains all too easily, later developing mood swings, quite extreme at times. I informed my doctor who dismissed my claims,( I do not lie! )After just under the two years of taking Nexium, I decided to take things into my own hands, I discovered Slippery Elm capsules. I am now into my fifth month of taking only one capsule a day having weaned myself off the Nexium, interspersed with Slippery Elm in the first week. I now have no side effects and with care have little or no acid indigestion.”

Learn more about Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis