User Reviews for Nexium

Learn more about Nexium.

Nexium Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Barrett's Esophagus.

Reviews for Nexium to treat Barrett's Esophagus

"I've taken One Nexium 40mg for 13 years . It has been very helpful. Could only eat baby food when diagnosed. When my health insurance said I had to use the Generic Brand I tried it for five days, began having very bad episodes of heart burn. They have agreed to pay for the name brand."

Smittie (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Side effects are horrible. Fatigue,dizziness,foggy head,aching muscles & burning toes."

Cowy October 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used Nexium for over 14 years. You need to stop taking this medication or any acid reducer medication 3 days before use of any antibiotics. IF you do not then you can get a infection that is quit dangerous called Clostridia Difficile or C. Diff which gives you diarrhea and paralyzed colon! The bacteria eats away at the lining of the Large Intestine until you bleed out, have diarrhea, and colon cancer and/or polyps! Use only for 3 days and stay off until you start having symptoms again; then use it again for 3 days, (72 hours) as that is how long your colon needs to regenerate! STOP! Then repeat! If you have trouble sleeping use Benadryl intermittently!"

Klepanga March 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Nexium, 40 mg, one per day for about 4 years. I don't really watch my diet like I should but I've had no issues at all, never any throat burn like I had prior to Nexium. I do have Barrett's and should be more careful about foods I eat but I don't eat a lot of anything, that helps. I do drink coffee sometimes, tomato based sauces, etc. I don't seem to have side effects from Nexium."

Nina2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2016

"On Nexium for 15 years"

Garfielduk (taken for 10 years or more) March 17, 2015

"Severe constipation"

Shitty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prior use of prescription Prevacid did not provide relief for 24 hrs. 1/day 40mg Nexium provides about 30 hr no acid sensations. My only side effect of Nexium is my stool usually has the consistency of peanut butter."

BruceA1234567 November 10, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken Nexium for over 12 years. I have had a low Magnesium problem for 10 years and severe dry mouth for 3 years. My Doctor wants me to continue with Nexium but I cannot continue. The Mag problem is very serious and I have had emergency doses of Mag to get my levels back up. The dry mouth is causing me to have numerous Dental problems. I really have to quit Nexium."

Elgrodo May 20, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on Nexium for more than 4 years and the Barrett's esophagus that I have has been stable. I believe that Nexium has healing properties, but change in diet has to come with it. My husband's insurance now refuses to pay for it because it is supposedly for short term. "

grasshopper (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Constipation the worst on this medication."

fritzburger (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had been taking Nexium for about the last 10 years. While taking it, I had no problems at all. Prior to taking Nexium, I had difficulties with acid reflux even from something so simple as eating a slice of bread."

Anonymous February 15, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Nexium for at least 3-4 years. It did take a change in medicine to two pills a day, but I have not changed my diet like I should have. Nexium cured my Barrett's and I am on a 2 year endoscopy check now so I love it."

Megala57 January 2, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with Barrett's about 3 years ago and went on Nexium. I take 1 x 40mg pill a day. A year ago I had a gastroscopy and my Barrett's was gone. I will continue to have a scopy every two years to monitor it. I will probably be on it forever. I have no side effects from taking it either."

Anonymous June 4, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Became very constipated on this medication."

Anonymous April 21, 2010