User Reviews for Prilosec OTC

Learn more about Prilosec OTC.

GERD 10 reviews 220 medications

9.4
Indigestion 3 reviews 253 medications

7.5
Summary of Prilosec OTC reviews 13 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Prilosec OTC

For GERD "I was having bad heartburn (GERD) everyday and having to take to many antacids. My doctor suggested OTC Prilosec. After 24 hours all pain was gone and has not returned. It has been a blessing. Today is the 7th day of 14 day treatment. I am waiting to see if the heartburn returns after I complete the recommended 14 day treatment. I hope not."

Gerd. (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "Thank God. I have not had to take the two pack of Prilosec that I have left. My story.. I was miserable for months taking several different otc medications. I finally called a research facility to try to join a study, to help cure my gerd. The agent I spoke with asked me if Prilosec had failed as a cure. I said id never tried it so I didn't qualify. If that was the way they determined the seriousness of your problem. (If Prilosec couldn't cure you, you must be really bad) then prilosec must be the best otc out there. So I took the 21 day cycle. I was so uncomfortable that I took 2 the first day. I don't recommend that, but I did. After 3 days I say a small improvement. After 1 week I was sure it was working. 21 days later completly cured"

D Broussard November 1, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Indigestion "I took Prilosec for about 3 years. I began to experience a rapid heartbeat at night. I would wake up at night and have very rapid heartbeat for about 5 minutes. It finally dawned on me to try leaving off the Prilosec. I have been off now for 2 months and am having no more problems with my heart. I found that Pepcid is also good for indigestion and causes me no problem."

SJOR January 23, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Indigestion "I love this medicine because after I take it my stomach feels a lot better."

Blondie78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2014

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "It worked well to eliminate reflux symptoms, but forced to discontinue use as made me too dizzy, lightheaded, and sometime naseaus. To the point of not feeling comfortable enough to drive."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2012

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "My doctor prescribed Protonix which worked most of the time and every now and then I would take a Tums. Then my doctor left and I didn't request a refill soon enough, so I decided to try Prilosec OTC. My GERD disappeared after the first day. I took it daily for 14 days as described on the box and never had a problem at all. My GERD pain is coming back though, so I will be buying another box."

Anonymous August 7, 2012

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "I have taken both prescription and OTC Prilosec. After losing my prescription coverage, I changed to OTC version and have had great results. I try to take my pill at least 2 to 3 hours before lunch. It works very well for me."

rtpack September 2, 2011

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Indigestion "Good for stomach pains, indigestion and extreme gaseous pains and conditions."

newtek30 June 14, 2010

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "It was wonderful to be able to take one in the morning and be free of distress all day, but soon I began to have dizziness on arising which soon increased to all day. By process of elimination I found the cause to be Prilosec. The problem was resolved after discontinued use. Now I am taking ranitidine with no such side effects and very satisfied."

JCN February 27, 2010

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "My doctor gave me a sample of Prevacid for chronic heartburn and one pill taken at bedtime gave me the HIVES by the next morning. Never having had hives, I freaked and called the doctor immediately. I was then given PRILOSEC and have been 98.6% trouble free since then, switching to PRILOSEC OTC which was half of my cost of the prescription. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat: Mexican, Thai, Chinese or other spicy foods, chocolate, water, sodas, bland stuff, etc., I often get heartburn maybe 5 days out of 7. With Prilosec, I seldom have any discomfort, regardless of what I eat or drink. If I forget to take it daily, I'll get heartburn 36-48 hours after the last pill."

dr5cft6 December 4, 2009

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "Excellent OTC medication for Acid Reflux (GERD)"

Razduck November 17, 2009

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "I was prescribed this by my doctor to take twice daily. It has helped but I worry about long term use. I have been using it for 2 or 3 years now."

Anonymous July 5, 2009

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "This medication helps, although I have to take it twice a day and about 40mg at a time for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Does not stop all the burning problem, however does help take the edge off the pain so one can work."

gems3125 April 23, 2009