User Reviews for Viberzi

Learn more about Viberzi.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 92 reviews 139 medications

6.3
Summary of Viberzi reviews 92 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Viberzi

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been taking 100mg bid for over a year now. I have never been so normal feeling in my gut. I do have some bad days with it, just depends on what I eat. I get stuck gas sometimes and have to really push and typically take a phazyme to relieve it. I don't get any adverse reactions. It's a pain in the butt at the pharmacy, but well worth it. I have had crohn's for 15 years now, had major bowel resection surgeries and lost my ileum. Every BM was watery and explosive and very very painful. After a few weeks of taking it, I was happy but did not think it would work for long. And this has seriously put me in remission and I have average 3 BMs a day that are semi-solid versus my old average at 15 or more per day. Changed my life!!!"

Angiek328 February 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Has already turned my life completely around!"

Robbie426 February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Today was my first day on Viberzi. I was prescribed two 100mg pills a day. So far it has been okay. I decided to be risky and really test it and have an iced coffee and Taco Bell. Usually I would be headed straight to the bathroom before I even finished my meal. Instead, I had all of the feelings (rumbling, little gas, bloating, little tightness in my stomach area) but did not make a bowel movement. Props to that. I don't know if this means I'll be stopped up for a couple days like other users have said. I guess it's better than using the bathroom every 10 minutes. My only problem is I smoked some hookah and it really messed with me. I felt completely drunk/high, but that's my fault for doing that."

hackedyouare (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have had IBSD for 37 years which has made it impossible to hold down a job for long periods of time. I get a job and work as long as possible when they get tired of a sick employee then I have to look for another. Today is my first day of taking 100mg bid. Within 15 minutes I get a warm sensation like I just got I v contrast, body aches and chest pain then followed by numbness. 1st day in years I have. Even normal. Concerned about some of the reviews but the others make me hopeful. Praying this works for me. Good luck everyone it is a depressing/exhausting Diagnosis which nobody can understand if they don't have it. Oh they have savings cards now for those who said it was $$$$"

Hoping and Praying (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have suffered from IBS-D for 10 years. I used to be able to manage it by not eating triggers and occasional Imodium. The last six months, it had gotten so much worse. I couldn't eat without running to bathroom within 15 minutes. Going out to eat was horrible. I barely could make it home. It started causing major anxiety because a few times a almost didn't make it. The spasms would last all day. I could hardly eat anything. I would have to take 7 to 10 Imodium if I was going to go out to keep the diarrhea away. I was living on it! After normal testing, the doctor put me on Viberzi. It has been a miracle drug. It has given me my life back!!!"

pfrank51 February 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "After being on Viberzi for less than a week I became suddenly stricken with severe abdominal pain and vomiting. My husband called an ambulance and I don't even remember getting to the hospital. I came to 2 days later and was told I went into a coma in the ICU and my organs were shutting down. My doctor told me I came within minutes of dying then just turned around and came back to the land of the living. I have absolutely no memory of any of it."

Foxy Roxy 1958 February 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "This medicine has literally given me my life back. It stops the diarrhea and I do not have the constant urge to have to use the bathroom anymore. I recommend it to anyone suffering from ibs d."

JLT2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have suffered from severe IBS-D for the past 5 years. I was continuing to get worse, it seemed like I tried everything and I still had more bad days than good. I had cut out gluten, all dairy, coffee, pretty much every possible trigger I cut out of my diet. I was on Levsin three times daily and I also still had to take Immodium in between. I could take three Immodium and it still would not stop my diarrhea. It would last for an entire day even after taking medication. I was at my wits end. My doctor had me try Viberzi at the end of December. She put me on 75 mg twice daily. So far it has been fantastic! I am much improved. I went two weeks straight without an episode of diarrhea and it has been years since I've gone that long!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I took it for about 2 weeks and one night I woke up around 230am with severe pain that radiated to my back with heavy puking and the pooping. Went to the hospital and they told me I had Pancreatitis and took me off viberzi. Spent 6 days in the hospital with IV Fluids and no eating . Horrible experience!"

Jenniferjenjenny February 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Worked great for the first 3-4 months then nothing. Went right back to same misery I have dealt with for 20 years. Doctor even increased dosage even though people without a gallbladder are not supposed to take the higher dosage. The higher dosage actually made things worse for me and the cramps last even longer than they normally do which is pretty bad so since it was no longer working I stop taking it. It did seem like a miracle drug at first but unfortunately I'm one of the people that it no longer works for after three or four months."

Spamfilledcrap (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "This is definitely been a miracle drug for me. I'm finally regular. I take one 100mg tablet before bed because it makes me sleepy. Occasionally I'll take one if my stomach starts cramping up. Makes you feel heavy sometimes. I used to take sleeping medicine cuz I couldn't sleep from the pain. Two birds one stone. Best thing my doctor has recommended. Ask for a free sample..it's worth a try."

stacylynn4546 January 29, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I first got IBS-D when I was a freshman in high school. Now, eight years later, I found Viberzi. I'm on my third month with it and it has worked wonders! I experienced abdominal pain when I first started, but I read the instructions and realized I needed to take it with food. It's important to take it with a meal, rather than a snack, since that works better for me. I take the 100 MG tablets twice a day. I still get anxious about going out, but after living with this for eight years, living a more normal life takes getting used to. I've only gotten diarrhea when I had a virus or that time of the month hit, but otherwise I haven't had any more incidents. I can even eat chili without getting sick!"

BrookeLF (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I was put on viberzi. Took one pill before bed on Tuesday and one before bed on Wednesday 75mg each. To say this has been a nightmare is an understatement. Within an hour of the second pill I had severe abdominal and back pain. Also, pain that went into the right side of my chest. It is 12:00 Thursday and I haven't taken another pill nor will I, but I am completely worn out and still in full pain throughout my body. I was so hopeful for this. Be careful!"

Anonymous10987654 January 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Has helped me from the day I first took a sample pack from my Doctor! It's changed my life for the better,no worries about having to know where a restroom is,can be out and about like I use to be. Thank you"

Anonymous January 23, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've been taking this medication for two months now. At first I was taking the full dose, but I never had a BM so I lowered to 75mg once a day. I haven't had an IBS-D attack since I've taken it. I still have my A flare ups sometimes, but it's really been a lifesaver. The downside is that my BM's have now gone to every 4th day, and when I do go it's in very small amounts, is painful, and I usually end up having to skip a few days of viberzi to get it all out. The medicine definitely works. For me, it works too well. I'm going to do a follow up with my doctor. I don't want to give up this medicine but I don't think it's healthy to be constipated all the time, either."

MLBDG January 16, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I started taking it about four months ago and it was amazing for about three months but then I seemed to go back to the way I was before I started taking it. Has any one else had this and found a solution?"

Farmer1066 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Dealt with IBS-D for over 40 years, Imodium helped but still had anxiety about going anywhere. Started taking Virbezi about 6 weeks ago. Having very good results...except for fatigue and major gas, I could resurrect the Hindenburg! Finally got Blue Cross to pay for it, really expensive. After reading some of these reviews I am hoping that I am one of the lucky ones and it continues to work. I have a life again!!!!!"

Gottago (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "started this medication about two months ago - hard to get BC to pay for it, but after I did - it was a life saver. after suffering from IBS-D for years and having a particularly rough flare up over 6 months, after one week I was NORMAL. I feel so much better now. I know it might not work for everyone but it did for me. I don't have a gallbladder and only take one per day."

westiemama January 3, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been taking Viberzi 100mg for about 4 months. I do not have a gallbladder and almost 2 years ago, I had a bowel blockage. I have had diarrhea at least 4x a week, with high anxiety for travelling. At first, I took this medicine for 2 weeks, 100mg 2x a day, and didn't have a BM for 4 days, so I went off of it for a few days, then tried again, same result and very bad stomach pain. With problems continuing, I found many reviews being too constipating, so I started taking 1 pill every morning WITH FOOD. Since I adjusted the dose, over 2 months ago, it has worked great. I now have a REGULAR BM almost everyday, sometimes 2x a day! I have had diarrhea 2x in the last 2 months, this has helped me get back to living & work. It helped me!"

J1987 December 14, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have adhesions from a gallbladder surgery and diarrhea and lower abdominal cramping as a result. My doctor prescribed Viberzi to help control these two symptoms. Within ONE HOUR after taking my FIRST 75mg dose, I had developed PANCREATITIS & was hospitalized for two days. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION - especially if you do not have a gallbladder! If you experience abdominal pain while on this medication go to the hospital! Shame on you, Viberzi. Your product is trash."

Alison S (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Suffered from IBS-D and anxiety for 20 years. Recently had a 6 month bout of terrible IBS-D. Became a hermit. Didn't want to leave the house, had huge panic attacks about traveling and became very depressed. Finally went to doctor. Had problems filing this med with health Alliance but BCBS covered it. Started taking 2 a day each 100mg and caused opposite problem. Now on 1 a day and this is a game changer. It's taken awhile to build up in my system but in 5 weeks I've only had 2 attacks--- and I was having 4-5 daily. If this stays the course it's seriously heaven sent! Slowly getting my life back!"

Spasmatic (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I wish there was a way to give this a negative number. I've had IBS for 14 years since having my gall bladder removed. I took the initial dose of this and not two hours later I was doubled over with severe pain right beneath my ribs. When the muscle spasms started, I went to the ER. I was admitted with pancreatitis and liver enzymes 10x normal. I spent 4 days in the hospital until my numbers were back to normal. I could not believe a pill could do this much damage in such a short time. Very Scary!"

Rhouse (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "This drug has worked tremendously for me. I take it 2x a day with food and it has almost ended my rushing to the bathroom. I can go about my life without always knowing where the bathroom is. It has some bloating and gas side effects but it cut my IBS-D down to shreds. I use to go 8-10 times a day and now I have a much more normal schedule. Cannot praise this drug enough!"

Will Carr December 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I was sent home with samples of this medication. I actually hesitated on taking it knowing that the maker would not help me with cost because of my insurance type. So why try it if I was not going to be able to get it. This medication is expensive, $1500.00 a month or so. They should help everyone and not select groups. I guess medication discrimination is ok. In the end I never took it, no need to get my hope up for a better life. Viberzi would rather have a negative review than help those in need. Says a lot about a company."

travndenver December 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Viberzi stopped my constant diarrhea. I have suffered from this for 7 years, since colon cancer, chemo, radiation and surgery with resection. I have diarrhea at least 3-4 times a week and it lasts for hours. I am exhausted by it, forced to stay inside and suffer from dehydration often. Viberzi stopped all of this but I was unable to function in my daily routines. I became exhausted, tired, slept most of day. If I didn't lay down I was extremely dizzy and nauseous. My health insurance refused to stock Viberzi as the cost was $1,000 per month and, of course prohibitive for me. Being on Medicare with drug coverage makes me ineligible for any discount coupons."

Trish602 December 2, 2016