User Reviews for Viberzi

Learn more about Viberzi.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 105 reviews 139 medications

6.3
Summary of Viberzi reviews 105 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Viberzi

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Actually it slows it down. But after a year on it I was in the ER 3 times with pain in upper GI tract. I guess my liver didn't like it and I got drug induced hepatitis. Quit taking it slowed down on sodium intake. Processed foods. Watch diet. Thats it."

Bonfires2017 April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've been having success for years controlling my symptoms with probiotics and a sugar-free, spice-free diet, but thought maybe with Viberzi I could eventually get back to eating anything I want again. You know, be "normal"? Wrong! After just a few days of taking it, I had pain like I have never felt before in my life - shooting up my back and stomach, to the point that I was vomiting nonstop and shooting pangs of diarrhea(!!) Isn't that what this drug is supposed to cure? It was like the worst case of food poisoning, but with indescribable pain. I remember saying "I'll take IBS-d over this any day!" I am back on my probiotics and my sugar free diet and finally recovered again. I'm glad that it works for some people, but not for me. Yikes"

AmieJane April 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Worked for maybe a week then stopped working. Stopped for a couple weeks and tried again, does nothing at all, back to Immodium that has been working some for 30 years."

Shorty Red April 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've had IBS D for as long as I can remember, Viberzi has fixed that. I'm living a normal life. I can now go out and just enjoy the day without having to worry about my stomach. So thankful."

Living in hell (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have had IBS-D for nearly 25 years and getting worse as time goes on. Flare ups after everything I ate. Traveling anywhere is horrible and I could never eat the day before flying until I landed then would eat. My Dr prescribed this medicine and I have been taking it 2 weeks. So far so good with only 2 diarrhea episodes. That is really good for me! I hope it changes my life and everyone suffering from this frustrating condition! I'm sorry to the ones it didn't help I hope you can find some relief soon!"

JL72 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Started this five months ago and in the first week I was totally fine. It stopped all symptoms. Felt great. Ate what I wanted. After being diagnosed over 20 years ago and managed well with diet most of the past years. A year ago I was back to 8 trips to the bathroom with immediate diarrhea daily at least 4-5 days per week. Viberzi was amazing. Went to pharmacy this week to pick up refill. Had. Note to call doctor. Had to take me off immediately. Has been black listed for patients without gall bladder. Doc wanted me on on lotronex. Has also been black listed for tissue death in intestines! I stopped medication on Thursday and I have had immediate resumption of diarrhea. Can't leave the house. Have to travel to a conference for work all week."

Klb227 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "For the last 20 years I have had issues with IBS-D. I'd say I would have a "normal" bowel movement 5% of the time with about 1-2 occurrences of rushing to the bathroom per day and the rest of the time just unpleasant bowel movements. My Gastro prescribed 75mg Viberzi and it worked almost immediately. I'd say in the first week I had two occurrences of diarrhea and the rest of the time I was "normal". After a month I have had diarrhea a total of 3 times, and had some of my best bowel movements in the last 20 years. I've even eaten Taco Bell several times and not had to go. It is truly freeing to not feel nervous about whether I would make it home in time after eating dinner."

AnonymousAlto March 25, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "This drug has changed my life! After being on it about 10 months, I don't have to worry about where I'll be if I have to go to the bathroom or if I will be driving (I drive a lot for work). I ALWAYS take it with food and I feel like that helps with any side effects a lot!"

Momma Pam (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Was constipated most of the 2 weeks I was on it. One night all of the sudden I had horrible cramping under my rib cage and a pain that went all the way up my spine. The pain was so horrendous I was crawling on the floor, crying in pain, screaming in a pillow as to not wake my children. I would scream at times and nothing would come out. I had tears and mucous coming down my face. I literally thought I was in hell. I have NEVER experienced pain like this in my life. I have birthed 2 children and lived with Ulcerative Colitis/IBD for 15 years. I know what pain is. I wound up going to the ER and reporting this to my GI doctor. So much for this "miracle pill". I was so hoping this was going to work."

GA Mom (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "For me this medication did absolutely nothing.. went back to my usual 2 daily Imodium after one miserable week of "going" almost nonstop. BUT even though is was useless for me I say try it out, we are all different. Best wishes to us all."

SRissa March 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I use this medication after 10 long years with IBS D I already used it 14 months and for me working great, my life go back to normal"

Mcwibsd February 28, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "At the time, I think Viberzi worked for my IBS but it made me nauseous and didn't feel well. After the first two weeks, it put me in the bed because I was so fatigued. Now, I have a prescription that cost over $1,000 that I can't use because I can't handle Viberzi. After the Viberzi, I was craving sugar and so I got some hard candies. My IBS got better and I thought it might be because it created a lot of saliva which helped with digestion. Therefore, I got some digestive enzymes with Amylase which is the enzyme in saliva and now, I am eating all sorts of foods with absolutely no problems except maybe some burping."

Grandma Jo 123 February 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "4 months with viberzi and I am really happy . I just feel bad sometimes when I eat too much junk food ,but is nothing compared to before . For me is very helpful no side effects at all just the first days"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been taking 100mg bid for over a year now. I have never been so normal feeling in my gut. I do have some bad days with it, just depends on what I eat. I get stuck gas sometimes and have to really push and typically take a phazyme to relieve it. I don't get any adverse reactions. It's a pain in the butt at the pharmacy, but well worth it. I have had crohn's for 15 years now, had major bowel resection surgeries and lost my ileum. Every BM was watery and explosive and very very painful. After a few weeks of taking it, I was happy but did not think it would work for long. And this has seriously put me in remission and I have average 3 BMs a day that are semi-solid versus my old average at 15 or more per day. Changed my life!!!"

Angiek328 February 21, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Has already turned my life completely around!"

Robbie426 February 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Today was my first day on Viberzi. I was prescribed two 100mg pills a day. So far it has been okay. I decided to be risky and really test it and have an iced coffee and Taco Bell. Usually I would be headed straight to the bathroom before I even finished my meal. Instead, I had all of the feelings (rumbling, little gas, bloating, little tightness in my stomach area) but did not make a bowel movement. Props to that. I don't know if this means I'll be stopped up for a couple days like other users have said. I guess it's better than using the bathroom every 10 minutes. My only problem is I smoked some hookah and it really messed with me. I felt completely drunk/high, but that's my fault for doing that."

hackedyouare (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have had IBSD for 37 years which has made it impossible to hold down a job for long periods of time. I get a job and work as long as possible when they get tired of a sick employee then I have to look for another. Today is my first day of taking 100mg bid. Within 15 minutes I get a warm sensation like I just got I v contrast, body aches and chest pain then followed by numbness. 1st day in years I have. Even normal. Concerned about some of the reviews but the others make me hopeful. Praying this works for me. Good luck everyone it is a depressing/exhausting Diagnosis which nobody can understand if they don't have it. Oh they have savings cards now for those who said it was $$$$"

Hoping and Praying (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have suffered from IBS-D for 10 years. I used to be able to manage it by not eating triggers and occasional Imodium. The last six months, it had gotten so much worse. I couldn't eat without running to bathroom within 15 minutes. Going out to eat was horrible. I barely could make it home. It started causing major anxiety because a few times a almost didn't make it. The spasms would last all day. I could hardly eat anything. I would have to take 7 to 10 Imodium if I was going to go out to keep the diarrhea away. I was living on it! After normal testing, the doctor put me on Viberzi. It has been a miracle drug. It has given me my life back!!!"

pfrank51 February 9, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "After being on Viberzi for less than a week I became suddenly stricken with severe abdominal pain and vomiting. My husband called an ambulance and I don't even remember getting to the hospital. I came to 2 days later and was told I went into a coma in the ICU and my organs were shutting down. My doctor told me I came within minutes of dying then just turned around and came back to the land of the living. I have absolutely no memory of any of it."

Foxy Roxy 1958 February 6, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "This medicine has literally given me my life back. It stops the diarrhea and I do not have the constant urge to have to use the bathroom anymore. I recommend it to anyone suffering from ibs d."

JLT2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have suffered from severe IBS-D for the past 5 years. I was continuing to get worse, it seemed like I tried everything and I still had more bad days than good. I had cut out gluten, all dairy, coffee, pretty much every possible trigger I cut out of my diet. I was on Levsin three times daily and I also still had to take Immodium in between. I could take three Immodium and it still would not stop my diarrhea. It would last for an entire day even after taking medication. I was at my wits end. My doctor had me try Viberzi at the end of December. She put me on 75 mg twice daily. So far it has been fantastic! I am much improved. I went two weeks straight without an episode of diarrhea and it has been years since I've gone that long!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I took it for about 2 weeks and one night I woke up around 230am with severe pain that radiated to my back with heavy puking and the pooping. Went to the hospital and they told me I had Pancreatitis and took me off viberzi. Spent 6 days in the hospital with IV Fluids and no eating . Horrible experience!"

Jenniferjenjenny February 1, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Worked great for the first 3-4 months then nothing. Went right back to same misery I have dealt with for 20 years. Doctor even increased dosage even though people without a gallbladder are not supposed to take the higher dosage. The higher dosage actually made things worse for me and the cramps last even longer than they normally do which is pretty bad so since it was no longer working I stop taking it. It did seem like a miracle drug at first but unfortunately I'm one of the people that it no longer works for after three or four months."

Spamfilledcrap (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "This is definitely been a miracle drug for me. I'm finally regular. I take one 100mg tablet before bed because it makes me sleepy. Occasionally I'll take one if my stomach starts cramping up. Makes you feel heavy sometimes. I used to take sleeping medicine cuz I couldn't sleep from the pain. Two birds one stone. Best thing my doctor has recommended. Ask for a free sample..it's worth a try."

stacylynn4546 January 29, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I first got IBS-D when I was a freshman in high school. Now, eight years later, I found Viberzi. I'm on my third month with it and it has worked wonders! I experienced abdominal pain when I first started, but I read the instructions and realized I needed to take it with food. It's important to take it with a meal, rather than a snack, since that works better for me. I take the 100 MG tablets twice a day. I still get anxious about going out, but after living with this for eight years, living a more normal life takes getting used to. I've only gotten diarrhea when I had a virus or that time of the month hit, but otherwise I haven't had any more incidents. I can even eat chili without getting sick!"

BrookeLF (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017