User Reviews for Viberzi

Learn more about Viberzi.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 68 reviews 139 medications

6.1
Summary of Viberzi reviews 68 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Viberzi

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Viberzi stopped my constant diarrhea. I have suffered from this for 7 years, since colon cancer, chemo, radiation and surgery with resection. I have diarrhea at least 3-4 times a week and it lasts for hours. I am exhausted by it, forced to stay inside and suffer from dehydration often. Viberzi stopped all of this but I was unable to function in my daily routines. I became exhausted, tired, slept most of day. If I didn't lay down I was extremely dizzy and nauseous. My health insurance refused to stock Viberzi as the cost was $1,000 per month and, of course prohibitive for me. Being on Medicare with drug coverage makes me ineligible for any discount coupons."

Trish602 December 2, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Viberzi works well controlling diarrhea of IBS, almost too well. I have days of passing minimal stool and a constant bloated feeling. Since I have only been on this med for two weeks, I am hoping my body regulates in time."

Katlean November 30, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Viberzi was given to me for ibs and I took 3 pills and ended up in the hospital for a week. I honestly thought this drug was going to kill me. I had severe pain in my chest and could not take in a full breath. The hospital doctors said my pancreas was swelled really bad and putting pressure on my lungs and it was because I had used viberzi."

SANDRA 2016 November 26, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Glad to find this forum. I have long stretches with constipation and then explosions, no control and very embarrassing "accidents". At my wit's end, my doc is great about letting me try new meds so I've just started this one. Also started new probiotic--previously probiotic made a big difference and I hadn't had the accidents until recently. Two episodes this week alone. I understand why people stay home, because I work and it's not functional to have to change my clothes and clean the restroom on the job. I've started keeping a change of clothes in the car. I will come back here and report on the outcomes of taking Viberzi."

Barbaraegd November 18, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Today is day 20 of me taking 75mg twice a day. It worked really well up until today. I'm not sure if I have a stomach bug or my symptoms are back. I fortunately did not experience any of the awful symptoms other people have had. No abdominal pain or cramping. Only one normal BM a day now and there were only two days I didn't go and was a little constipated but resolved the next day. My doctor only prescribed this for 21 days. This is the first IBS medicine I have used. I hope I am just having an off day and this medicine is still working!"

Srcc29 November 10, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "26 yrs DX of IBS-D, Collagenous Colitis, Chrohn's, total colectomy w/Jpouch. I have tried every Rx known & nothing could stop the 20 BM's, incontinence, nausea, GI cramping, and rectal spasms (from surgery) I found Viberzi read pt reviews, Allergan Pharm documentation I was on 100mg x2 daily. Similar symptoms the first few days by the 3rd day, major decrease in stool frequency and gut motility. Then towards my 29th day it abruptly quit working, I became severely ill nausea, vomiting,headache. GI had me stop taking Viberzi vomiting & D in bed a week. GI did blood work and Lipase levels at 124, next week Creatine 1.2 Lipase 200, still very ill & no answers my headache off of it for 26 days. FDA fast-tracked this be careful!"

HighDesertlady (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been on Viberzi 75mg for about 6 months now. I have seen my diarrhea decrease dramatically. I also no longer suffer from the upper abdominal pain that used to trouble me almost daily. As with some others here, I have noticed a kind of sleepy, muscle ache feeling about an hour after each dose and a tendency to constipation, which I counteract by using fiber supplements. Overall, this has made my life much better and allowed me to eat foods I could not eat before. My insurance has covered the costs."

Mrafirst (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 26, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I can not tell you how wonderful this medicine has been for me. I have suffered from IBS for probably 10 years, now I am able to have a normal life , free of spastic bowel movements every time I would eat, never able to sit thru a movie, NOW I AM FREE"

NancyHaleBoven October 23, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Started viberzi 75mg 2x daily for IBS-D since I don't have a gallbladder. Was great for first 4 days and then diarrhea kicked in 1x daily. Early this morning had severe abdominal pain with sweating and weakness. Pain was so bad I thought I was having a heart attack and almost called 911. Made myself vomit and felt better after that. MD said if it happens again I will have to come off the Viberzi."

Jenniferschad (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "This medicine has been a life changer for me. I've tried absolutely everything and this is the only thing that controls loose stools & diarrhea without making me constipated. It has honestly been a miracle especially because I work and travel a lot and that was always so stressful - I wouldn't eat for long periods of time because I was so scared of an accident. I would give it a ten but it's expensive; luckily there are savings programs you can find - and that's well worth it - or it's over 1,000 a month and I am not sure how anyone could afford that!"

KBF (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "From day 1 of taking Viberzi I felt a difference. No more stomach pains or cramps or needing to run to the bathroom every time I ate, this medicine truly is perfect. I've noticed that other people have had issues with it and I see a few have mentioned that they don't have a gallbladder and it works fine for them, I do not have a gallbladder and it has been the most helpful medicine I've been on yet so maybe it has something to do with not having a gallbladder? Anyways, this medicine does work for me and hopefully anyone reading this that has wanted to try it will take the good comments into consideration and try it out! You never know unless you try! Just read the directions and DO NOT drink alcohol like it says!!"

Viberzi Rules (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I'm giving this medicine a 9 out of 10 And if it wasn't for the severe stomach pain I would give it a 10. For the past seven years I have experience IBS-D. In the past 5 years it has gotten so bad where I choose to stay home rather than facing the consequences that come with traveling outside of my home. I have had my gallbladder cheeked a colonoscopy an UGI (scope) biopsies ultrasound CAT scan numerous blood work tested for parasites not to mention all of the embarrassing stool samples given throughout the years. It's safe to say it's been a dark road with no light at the end. This medicine makes it a little better and manageable. Hoping the cramps will stop"

There is hope October 11, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "As of today I can safely say that Viberzi has totally stopped working. I'm going back on two weeks of Xifaxan generic (rifaximin) 550mg three times a day. it has not been easy with Viberzi as others on here have said... I had incredibly painful cramps at first. The gastro said it'd be OK to experiment with dosage. I eventually got to a good place of 100mg in morning and 50mg at nite. It mostly worked for two months but now it's done. so I'm sad. I hope the rifaximin will work now that I have been off of it for several months."

GIman (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Female over 30 here. I have had IBS-D for about 3 years since I had my gallbladder removed. I've only been taking Viberzi for a couple of days so far and while I started getting abdominal cramps day two, they're not awful and something I hope will not get worse, but I'm having maybe 2 bm's a day and not running to the toilet every time food touches my lips. It's such a relief to not have bathroom issues every time I eat anything- I'm praying this keeps working and the cramps go awayl with time."

ALTButton September 30, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been dealing with IBS-D since I was about 13 years old - I am now 25. The uncontrollable cramping and diarrhea gave me no quality of life. I wouldn't leave my house or do anything. What kind of life is that for a young adult? Back in December 2015 my doctor told me about viberzi. This has been a GOD SEND medicine. I have my life back!! The second week I started taking it though, I woke up in excruciating pain. I went to the ER and I had a spasm of the sphincter of oddi. I stopped viberzi for a few days, then went on the 75mg and I take it once a day. I FINALLY can live a normal life and not worry every 5 seconds about where the bathroom is."

Gabby8855 September 28, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been on this medicine for a almost 2 weeks and I finally have my life back. The only thing I am noticing is I can't eat as much which is a good thing. I also have some itching on my arms but not sure if it's from the Viberzi."

Kat Girl 2 September 21, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "This medication is a God send. It has changed my life."

#ibsprobs September 20, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've just started Viberzi with samples from my GI and have been very happy with results after just 4 doses. HOWEVER, my balloon burst when I found that the cost will be $600/month. I will finish the sample but as of now I plan to go back to my regimen of iBgard, Immodium AD and Metamucil, all in low doses (depending on how bad episode is). I can't afford $600/month on SS. As miserable as I am, I'm used to the inconvenience and plan to go back on my former regimen. By the time Viberzi is affordable, I'll probably have left this life!"

weebie (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I was prescribed this medication after years of IBS-D. I was in the restroom all the time, sometimes 22 times a day. All my tests colon oscopy, MRI, CAT, ultra sound all clear. I was excited there was something might actually give me my life back. Day 1 I didn't see a difference just bad cramps, Day 2 about a 25% difference in bathroom trips but still cramps, Day 3 cramps and pain in right side off and on, Day 4 Severe Pain in right side and vomiting. Stopped taking immediately and contacted Doctor. Medication caused severe spasms in my gallbladder, It's now been 7 days still in extreme pain and waiting for referral for ultrasound to see if I need my Gallbladder removed. What I thought would give me my life back made everything worse."

Opitmistic September 9, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "First taking this drug I was skeptical because of the reviews where not assuring but, I tried it anyways because I had no where else to turn with the discomfort of IBS. I have been taking this medication for 3 months and it has done wonders worst part for me was starting the medication which gave stomachs cramping and fatigue tho, only lasted a couple days during the second month. I experienced constipation which was very new to me so I followed up with the doctor . He insisted for me to take only once a day instead of twice and I have had complete relief of the constipation in as little as three days. I do not have a gallbladder and this medication Works for me."

PR1NC355K4T13 September 8, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "After having my gallbladder removed 2 years ago I have been battling IBS-D. I have been on Welchol for about 2 years and it's ok, not great but ok. I was taking 1 a day but I think it needs to be upped to 2. My doctor gave me Viberzi to try, I put it off for a while then finally took it. Days 1-2 were great. Days 3- 4 went down hill fast. by day 5 I was staying within 5 feet of the bathroom. I didn't realize one of the side effects was dizziness (since I have vertigo I figured my allergies were acting up), weakness & major gas. I had to stop taking it so I could actually go to work. I think I'll buy stock in Immodium. I am very disappointed this didn't work, so many people worse off then I am did well on it. It's so frustrating."

KrisMack (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I hv suffered with IBS-D for about 4 years. Finally in July I had had it. I was starting to avoid activities or road trips as I was terrified of having an accident. Many times I did. My dr prescribed Viberzi and right off I had a reaction so I cut it down to one pill a day. It was a dream come true. I felt normal. 3 days ago my diarrhea was back so I kicked it up to 2 pills a day. I'm hoping the drug will continue to work for me. I was at my wits end."

Want to be normal September 5, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I finally got to try viberzi after a year of begging my G.I. Doctor to give it to me after being on many medications over the last 9yrs. This is the ONLY medication that's helped me. I was on levasin? Bentyl, protonix, xifaxan, and others over the years and none of them did a thing, I had no quality of life, and now that I'm on viberzi, I have a life. I went on vacation with my kids for the first time, instead of having other family take them, I'm enrolled on CNA classes, so I can finally hold a job again. I'm so sorry it doesn't work for everyone with IBS-D"

Tori misspelling (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Just started looking for advice"

Sunshine0524 August 30, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I got viberzi and took 2 pills a day 75 mg....I took them for 2 weeks and had to stop. I couldn't have a bowel movement...I woke up one Sunday morning at 4 am and my stomache felt like a volcano. Finally I had a bowel movement and it felt like I lost 20 pounds... It didn't work for me because you cannot go that long without a bowel movement. I Got this medicine for IBS and diarrhea..It stopped the diarrhea and stopped all bowel movement..I literally thought I was going to die because my stomache was hurting so bad. I was hoping this medicine would work but it didn't..."

NCMan August 28, 2016