User Reviews for Viberzi

Learn more about Viberzi.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 117 reviews 141 medications

6.5
Summary of Viberzi reviews 117 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Viberzi

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Very disappointed. Doctor gave me 8 day supply, yet the only difference I've seen is negative. For some reason the medicine seemed to aggravate my IBS and trigger a week of symptoms. The worst of which was bloating, and diarrhea. However even with these negative symptoms I still suggest people to give it a try. Everyone is different, just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. If you can get a sample it's worth a try."

Aj317 June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've had IBS-D for 20 years. Not a severe case, but persistent and definitely impacted the quality of my life. I tried everything: low FODMOP diet, gluten free diet, no high fructose corn syrup or sugar, no caffeine, immodium, bentyl, wellchol, rifaxin, peppermint pills etc. - nothing worked. Multiple colonoscopies found nothing wrong. I finally tried 75 mg Viberzi and it worked immediately. No side effects whatsoever so far. Only two issues: (a) trying to remember how to be normal and (b) so far my insurance refuses to pay for it. Got a 90 day supply for $30 on a special promotion but after that if insurance does not cover I don't know if I can afford to stay on it. Cost per month is around $1000 - $1200."

Bill324590 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've had IBS-D since the age of 18 (so 12 years now). I normally have the urge and have to go right away. About 8 years ago I started going to doctors and trying to get help. Unfortunately everyone at that time kept saying it was my diet and I changed it about 15 different ways. None of it helped. I started to take Imodium, 2 tablets a day, then 3, 4 and so on. I felt like I needed 12 a day to function normal. I was still going every morning. I was fortunate to finally find a GI that really understood how special my condition was about three years ago and he has really helped. Unfortunately VIBERZI he thought would do wonders only helped with my intake of Imodium. I take 100mg of viberzi daily followed by 7 Imodium."

Eddie Arizona June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "The worst drug I have ever experienced. First day felt like I had a band crushing my head, my vision blurred and my liver ached, but I tried to push on. Day two had a full blown migraine, my stomach bloated to painful to touch, I began vomiting and my back felt like a mule kicked me in the liver. The pain was similar to kidney stone. Rectal bleeding was intense and did not stop my diarrhea. I have crohns, IBD along with short bowel."

Unglued June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Went my doctor in tears diarrhea was so bad, it was up to 30 or more times a day. Stomach pain, everything I ate made me sick. My doctor gave me the FODMAP diet to follow and to go gluten free he also prescribed Viberzi. I took the first tablet that evening (100mg) twice a day. In less than 24 hours my diarrhea had stopped and the pain was gone. I feel strictly following the FODMAP diet along with Viberzi did the trick. Been taking Viberzi for a month and a half. I had one bout of severe diarrhea when I ate a biscuit and boy did I feel the pain. It took 24 hours for it to stop. I'm one of those people who just can't eat gluten. "

Joyatlast (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been taking VIBERZI for a little over 30 days and it has all but eliminated my issues with chronic diarrhea that have had for forty years. The first week I had some stomach bloating but that quickly subsided. I can actually go places and not constantly trying to figure out where the closest restroom is. It is literally changing my life."

TomFree June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Have Short Bowel with IBD over 10 years. Tried this medication and felt like a hat was crushing my head the first day than followed by increasing worse headache bordering on migraines. Pain in my stomach was only surpassed by the pain in my back just under the ribcage, probably liver location. Nauseated constantly too. Hate this ridiculously expensive medication"

Ga Peach (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Worked the second day I took it and I have been on it since. Had IBS-D for 6 months and was having trouble getting ANY kind of food to work with me. I can actually eat now and not have to make a run for the restroom the minute I swallow the first or second bite. Thanks to all the med-chemists, clinicians, volunteers, toxicologists and people who worked on it and made this drug a reality."

ADL2017 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I struggled with severe IBS-D for 24 years. Viberzi began working on day 2 of taking it. It has changed my life! I am able to function and participate in activities outside of my home. I was having water diarrhea 15-120 times DAILY. I have been on Viberzi for 11 days and I have only experienced 2 bouts of diarrhea."

Colleen202 May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I'm baffled by reports of this not working. I tried Xifaxin and was flushed out for 10 days worse than before then on first day of taking Viberzi it stopped (35 yrs IBS-D tried everything & only Lotroxex worked prior to Blk Box). It worked with FIRST pill for me. I might suggest doing as I did which was starting on 75mg 2x day then on 2nd week to 100mg 2/day. I also did extensive research and while I can eat whatever I want One MUST not drink and if you do maybe 1 beer or 1 wine once or twice a week due to liver enzyme and prostrate side effect possibility so NOT for heavy drinkers! That said, I have been on 3 months now and have had JUST TWO upset stomachs. THIS IS NORMAL & glad that Rx allows bad food or virus to come thru. VIBERZI #1!"

64right1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Why would one take a medication for abdominal pain when one of the side effects is abdominal pain."

Dr Dave TN May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I had to take Imodium daily in order to fend off diarrhea and the constant bathroom breaks. It has impacted every aspect of my life. I was afraid to eat when a bathroom wasn't readily available. As I grew older the condition became worse. I would eat and have to go immediately. A normal day out with the wife and kids stopping for lunch would create a great deal of anxiety. Should I eat, can I eat and would I make it to a bathroom on time. My working career took into account how accessible bathroom facilities were. Vibrenzi worked to end diarrhea and has limited my bathroom calls. However, I get extremely tired 15 minutes after taking the dosage and remain so all day. Dry mouth and gas are also a problem. Price cost is $18 a pill."

Speakingwinds (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Actually it slows it down. But after a year on it I was in the ER 3 times with pain in upper GI tract. I guess my liver didn't like it and I got drug induced hepatitis. Quit taking it slowed down on sodium intake. Processed foods. Watch diet. Thats it."

Bonfires2017 April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've been having success for years controlling my symptoms with probiotics and a sugar-free, spice-free diet, but thought maybe with Viberzi I could eventually get back to eating anything I want again. You know, be "normal"? Wrong! After just a few days of taking it, I had pain like I have never felt before in my life - shooting up my back and stomach, to the point that I was vomiting nonstop and shooting pangs of diarrhea(!!) Isn't that what this drug is supposed to cure? It was like the worst case of food poisoning, but with indescribable pain. I remember saying "I'll take IBS-d over this any day!" I am back on my probiotics and my sugar free diet and finally recovered again. I'm glad that it works for some people, but not for me. Yikes"

AmieJane April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Worked for maybe a week then stopped working. Stopped for a couple weeks and tried again, does nothing at all, back to Immodium that has been working some for 30 years."

Shorty Red April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've had IBS D for as long as I can remember, Viberzi has fixed that. I'm living a normal life. I can now go out and just enjoy the day without having to worry about my stomach. So thankful."

Living in hell (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have had IBS-D for nearly 25 years and getting worse as time goes on. Flare ups after everything I ate. Traveling anywhere is horrible and I could never eat the day before flying until I landed then would eat. My Dr prescribed this medicine and I have been taking it 2 weeks. So far so good with only 2 diarrhea episodes. That is really good for me! I hope it changes my life and everyone suffering from this frustrating condition! I'm sorry to the ones it didn't help I hope you can find some relief soon!"

JL72 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Started this five months ago and in the first week I was totally fine. It stopped all symptoms. Felt great. Ate what I wanted. After being diagnosed over 20 years ago and managed well with diet most of the past years. A year ago I was back to 8 trips to the bathroom with immediate diarrhea daily at least 4-5 days per week. Viberzi was amazing. Went to pharmacy this week to pick up refill. Had. Note to call doctor. Had to take me off immediately. Has been black listed for patients without gall bladder. Doc wanted me on on lotronex. Has also been black listed for tissue death in intestines! I stopped medication on Thursday and I have had immediate resumption of diarrhea. Can't leave the house. Have to travel to a conference for work all week."

Klb227 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "For the last 20 years I have had issues with IBS-D. I'd say I would have a "normal" bowel movement 5% of the time with about 1-2 occurrences of rushing to the bathroom per day and the rest of the time just unpleasant bowel movements. My Gastro prescribed 75mg Viberzi and it worked almost immediately. I'd say in the first week I had two occurrences of diarrhea and the rest of the time I was "normal". After a month I have had diarrhea a total of 3 times, and had some of my best bowel movements in the last 20 years. I've even eaten Taco Bell several times and not had to go. It is truly freeing to not feel nervous about whether I would make it home in time after eating dinner."

AnonymousAlto March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "This drug has changed my life! After being on it about 10 months, I don't have to worry about where I'll be if I have to go to the bathroom or if I will be driving (I drive a lot for work). I ALWAYS take it with food and I feel like that helps with any side effects a lot!"

Momma Pam (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Was constipated most of the 2 weeks I was on it. One night all of the sudden I had horrible cramping under my rib cage and a pain that went all the way up my spine. The pain was so horrendous I was crawling on the floor, crying in pain, screaming in a pillow as to not wake my children. I would scream at times and nothing would come out. I had tears and mucous coming down my face. I literally thought I was in hell. I have NEVER experienced pain like this in my life. I have birthed 2 children and lived with Ulcerative Colitis/IBD for 15 years. I know what pain is. I wound up going to the ER and reporting this to my GI doctor. So much for this "miracle pill". I was so hoping this was going to work."

GA Mom (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "For me this medication did absolutely nothing.. went back to my usual 2 daily Imodium after one miserable week of "going" almost nonstop. BUT even though is was useless for me I say try it out, we are all different. Best wishes to us all."

SRissa March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I use this medication after 10 long years with IBS D I already used it 14 months and for me working great, my life go back to normal"

Mcwibsd February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "At the time, I think Viberzi worked for my IBS but it made me nauseous and didn't feel well. After the first two weeks, it put me in the bed because I was so fatigued. Now, I have a prescription that cost over $1,000 that I can't use because I can't handle Viberzi. After the Viberzi, I was craving sugar and so I got some hard candies. My IBS got better and I thought it might be because it created a lot of saliva which helped with digestion. Therefore, I got some digestive enzymes with Amylase which is the enzyme in saliva and now, I am eating all sorts of foods with absolutely no problems except maybe some burping."

Grandma Jo 123 February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "4 months with viberzi and I am really happy . I just feel bad sometimes when I eat too much junk food ,but is nothing compared to before . For me is very helpful no side effects at all just the first days"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017