User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Constipation, Chronic 188 reviews 30 medications

7.7
Irritable Bowel Syndrome 104 reviews 139 medications

7.5
Constipation 46 reviews 244 medications

7.3
Summary of Linzess reviews 338 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Linzess

For Constipation, Chronic "I'm 23 years old. Have been constipated my entire life.. but didn't really realize it wasn't normal until the past couple years. I started Linzess about 3 weeks ago. The first 2 days I HATED it. I felt like I needed to be near a bathroom at all times.. my body then started to regulate it after the first week. I take it 30 min before my protein shake every morning and get my relief before I head into work. Some days it affect me more than others.. but i go at least once a day now. The only downside of it is I have to plan my first part of the morning around taking this medicine.. but it's better than walking around with a bloated belly and brick in my stomach all day!"

cal1175 September 26, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I'm 45 yrs old & I've suffered with IBS-C all of my life. I 've tried & been on every OTC drug and medication. This is the best medication ever by far!"

Linzess4ME! September 25, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I suffer from chronic constipation and was told that it is now severe. My GI doctor gave me Linzess 145 mgs. It helped a little. Then he increased it to 290 mgs. For a week it was fine with the exception of very hard stools coming out. I have not as of yet experienced diarrhea from this medicine nor do I have to run to the bathroom. Now, it has become ineffective and I am making smaller stools with required straining. I am still severely constipated and my GI doctor does not want to give me a different medicine to take. I am nervous that there will be nothing to help me."

Bronx Boy September 22, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Wow!"

menacetx September 21, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Ive battled constipation for the past 16 years. Ive tried every remedy you can think of and have gone through every OTC product recommended. Probiotics and yogurt have been no help either. I finally found relief with Linzess. I currently take the lower dose along with an OTC stool softener per my doctors instructions. Linzess works best on an empty stomach but watch out. You'll want to stay near a restroom for the first 2 hours after taking it as diarrhea is an obvious side effect. Accidents are a possibility if you're not mindful of the medication. Ive been told that the diarrhea subsides after a while of taking Linzess but only time will tell."

Kp16 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "This drug was a miracle for me, I could get relief with magnesium citrate but my doctor said having to resort to that every few days was bad. I have chronic pain syndrome so I need my meds. I tried a few other rx meds but after a few days they stopped working. I use to go everyday before my pain meds stopped me up. But with this med I get relief. I have no cramps or side effects. Two hours after taking this med I'm in the bathroom. I can feel my bowels start to move 30 minutes after I take it. The only down side is my insurance doesn't cover it and it's so expensive I'm going to have to try something else. I hate the fact I found something that works and when the samples are gone I'm out of luck."

Unstopped (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "IBS and\or constipation has been my problem. Simple advise, take "Docusate" 100 mg it is stool softenerwice a day. Change your eating and drinking habits. Eat a lot of fiber and drink just water. No alcohol and no more carbonated drinks at all. After 3 months your bathroom visit would routinely almost the same time every day, at least 1 or twice a day defending how much you eaten on that day. Observe yourself. Use daily journal and analyze it. Which day you have problem. Change your lifestyle . Help yourself to get healthy include some exercise too. Now most of time I do not have bad symptoms only when I missed my dozage at 1 a day. Good luck to all. Take Docusate "

Roland D September 12, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I've been on Linzess 290 mcg for 60 days now. I started taking one pill day for 30 days and only had 4 voluntary bowel moments. My doctor's instructor me to take 290 mcg twice a daily and I have been doing so for 60 days now and I am not expericing the mirarles everyone is raving about. I am about ready to give up on Linzess. I have Suffered with chronic constipation and IBS over 20 years and nothing works. Tried, Miralax, Amitiza, pro-biotics and many other OTC drugs. The ONLY thing that has helped is Nopalina which is a flaxseed mixture of fruit skins. That always provide relief. Its not a laxative either. I can't for see paying for more doc visits and expensive meds much longer."

Jackie Bautista (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been on opioids for about 5 plus years for chronic pains... After a couple of years of using miralax(joke), and several herbal blends and stool softeners.... I asked my dr for help... He gave me Linzess 290mcg ... I've been taking it on an empty stomach in the mornings for 2 weeks, and I haven't even noticed I've taken anything... Except for a little bloating. Linzess should NOT be given for OIC (opiod indused constipation) As it is useless. I will be asking for something else... Maybe relistor? It has preloaded injectables now. Has anyone had any experience with it? I'm desperate!!!! The worse my constipation the worse my body pains are. I'm convinced it's related. I have fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, neuromyofascial pain,etc."

Tana959700 (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Have been taking this off and on for about 3 months. While it definitely causes bowel movements, the side effects are difficult to manage for a busy, working mom. The gas it creates is horrible (for me and those around me) and the spontaneous bouts of diarrhea make me nervous to take it in the morning. I'm taking one pill every night and one in the morning on weekends. I have had great success with Miralax in my morning coffee but when I have to sit a lot for work or travel, it's just not enough, so I tried Linzess."

Jt3stb (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Linzess is a savior for me. I took it for a year(low dose) every 4- 5 days. I then began taking it every day. It stopped working for a month. I took some laxatives and then I re started Linzess and only took it ,once again, for every 4 or 5 days. Once a day wasn't natural for me because I had chronic constipation since I was a child. . When I started taking it every 4th or 5th day it started working again.. The only problem with this drug is that it isn't consistent in it's effects so, to be safe, I stay around a bathroom all day and wear an adult diaper if I plan to be out for a few hours."

Brainsell (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Had a good BM within 2 hrs after taking 145 mcg on empty stomach. First semi normal BM in over 6 months! Not straining or blood. I plan on taking it only on days I want to have a BM due to negative reviews about weight gain, diarrhea, and other negative information"

Full2therim August 28, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have tried Dulcolax, which will only work if I take 3 or 4. MOM only work if I drink half the bottle. I took one Linzess and started drinking a lot of water, in about an hour was going and had no cramps or bloating feeling. Just don't pass gas because that's probably not what that is. Don't forget the WATER."

TexasTammy August 27, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "It helps me a lot with my constipation issues. But it has done something for me that I don't see anybody mentioning. I've been having constipation problems for over 40 years. The big problem for me was that just going "normal" to the bathroom was not enough for me. When the stool just got a little harder I felt real bad, I couldn't think right, got in a bad mood, felt like intoxicated. In my opinion, my bowels let too many toxins go into my body. As such, I had to take laxative when other person might not need it. Linzess seems to prevent the toxins to go into my body and in doing so, it has had an extraordinary effect on me. The main effect has been that some joint pains that I thought were chronic just disappeared short after I started"

Roberto Gonzalez (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I am on linzess 290mg for a week. It's amazing how good that works. No cramps, no bloating. I take on a empty stomach every morning. I started going every morning. The 145mg did not work for me."

Ana 10 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Constipation "Before I took this medication I read many reviews from others so that I could make sure that I wanted to take as some of the reviews made me think twice about taking them. Based on the review of someone on here I decided to take mine with 20oz of water and while I had a little bit of bloating for about an hour or so that and other than diarrhea about 2 hours later for 15 mins I was fine. The bloating I did find uncomfortable for that time but once I went to the bathroom I was fine. I have only been on it a week but I have learned when to take it how long it takes to kick in and for the side effects to fade. So far so good just a helpful tip is to make sure you are drinking enough water too. I drink about a liter within an hour of taking."

TV326 August 23, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Linzess has been a life saver. I started out on 145mg and now up to 290mg. Greatly reduces boating and discomfort normally felt after eating and keeps my bowls moving :)"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "On day 5 of 29 on day 5 of 290 milligram linzess all I have experienced is a lot of gas last evening my stomach was extremely distended not sure if this is going to work for me but I'm not going to give up the fight the constipation is severe and causes major problems in daily living so I'm going to hold on until my next doctor's appointment"

Toniscea August 17, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I shared my experience in June/2016 when I started taking Linzess & it was great at first. Unfortunately, the diarrhea continued every day and my stomach got big & bloaty, headaches & acne!? I tried every second day, at night, with more water but as time went on the side effects got worse. I was going to the bathroom, but not completely, with all the water & gas remaining inside. I read posts about weight gain and watched myself carefully, everything I ate and worked out but suddenly noticed I was "puffy". I realized I was dehydrated from the Linzess and I stumbled across an acticle saying "dehydration slows down metabolism"! I also started feeling a little down, I got off & back to my old drug Resolor! Side effects gone & I feel better!"

Airam1973 August 14, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have had IBS most of my life with feeling of fatigue from constipation and cramping. Tried not eating certain foods, no gluten no dairy but never seemed to overcome this issue. Tried every bottle for sale to help with this and seem to make issues worse and only a temp solution. I got a script for Linzess 145 and decided to try it out in the evening after dinner to see what would happen. I finally had a normal BM. Decided to then take it as directed in morning on empty stomach it also works but will give you the squirts. Will try the evening again and morning as my schedules allow. Main thing is I'm moving my food through now and no cramping etc. love it so far."

BRN367 August 13, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I've been taking Linzess a little over a month now for chronic constipation. I used to have a bowel movement about twice a month. And it was like that for at least 10 years. I was taking Miralax and Phillip's milk of magnesia and magnesium oxide daily. Now I go almost everyday. I'm noticing a little water retention, but as long as it doesn't get bad I'm not worried about it. I gained soo much weight from not going to the bathroom and am now in the process of bariatric surgery. It should happen in about 4 more months. But I'm weighed regularly because of it and I am still losing weight like I'm supposed to. So as long as that continues I'll keep taking it for sure!"

LizzJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I had a lower bowel resection a little over a year ago and I have suffered with terrible constipation since having this surgery. I have tried everything out there changed my diet loads of fiber tons of water and nothing helped except Mag Citrate I would go as much as 2 weeks with no bowel movement. Then I would take mag citrate and it would make me so sick that i couldn't eat and I've lost a lot of weight because of this. My Gastro Dr finally put me on Linsess I was so afraid to take it because of some of the reviews about the side effects.I finally started taking it 2 days ago and for the first time in forever I'm able to go to the bathroom without having to strain and be miserable. I will continue taking Linsess it is a miracle drug"

KD123 August 10, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've been on linzess for 2 weeks and feel amazing! Yes I go to the bathroom a lot in the morning, about 4 times, mostly watery. BUT it beats feeling cramped and gross all day like I did before. My stomach is flatter Bc I am finally not bloated. I am not sure how people gain weight on this Bc it makes you go to the bathroom a lot. Maybe fluid retention. I do drink A LOT of water with this medicine and followed the reccomendation of increased fiber in my diet. I've lost 5lbs. It's only been 2 weeks but I am having amazing results and am finally pain free!"

MelB20000 August 5, 2016

For Constipation "This drug has been marked incredible in my book. I went from going to the bathroom once every 1-2 WEEKS to once every few days once I started taking Linzess how it's directed. I would take it with a full glass of water 30 mins before breakfast and would have a a am within the next morning or so. Well I have been trying something new which seems to be working much better. My wife and I usually eat dinner pretty late so we eat around 9:30-10 and then I chill for about an hour. I take a Linzess and go to bed. Each morning I have waken up to a BM after my alarm goes off at 6:00. It is a solid but very easy go. I am amazed and had to share just in case I can help someone else "

Shermjack August 5, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been taking Linzess 145 mg daily for about 2 weeks with bowel movement every second or third day. It is solid. It seems I have a motility disfunction in the colon. It began 9 months ago. I have had a colonoscopy/biopsy which was negative. I have no cramping. I am just happy to be having a BM even if it isn't like it use to be."

cath53 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016