User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Constipation, Chronic 222 reviews 31 medications

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 112 reviews 139 medications

Constipation 50 reviews 244 medications

Summary of Linzess reviews 384 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Linzess

For Constipation, Chronic "Took Linzess for one month. Side effect is diarrhea so I stayed close to bathroom. Diarrhea tapered off. On day 31 diarrhea hit hard all day. I don't like the severe diarrhea. I skipped one dose and bowel movement was normal."

Catt73338888 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "I have suffered from constipation for years. Only going about once a month, usually brought on by menstrual cramps. I've been in and out of the ER having them clean me out. Nothing seemed to work. And this works way too well. I take one pill and about 3 hours later I have ungodly diarrhea for the next few hours. I'm not complaining it takes away the pain and the bloating and the miserable from the constipation. But I have no idea how people would take one capsule every day. Once I've taken a capsule and have the diarrhea for a few hours I seem to not have any trouble for a few months. The doctor had originally give me samples enough for 30 day supply. But I've only had to use 5 in the last year."

SLO going (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 9, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had positive experience with Miralax, but I'm not supposed to use that long term. I tried Linzess for 2 weeks. I wound up with constipation, hemorrhoids, blood, and pain. Not fun! I'm back with what works for me. Linzess was a waste of my time. I'm now gun shy to try anything else."

Psycho 1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "It worked from the first day but I also had at least one episode a day of severe D I used it for 22 days and then called the manufacurer for some input The said D was the usual complaint when there was a complaint and they had no recommendations except to speak to my doctor I decided to try it every other day and have done that only for the last 4 days There is a slight improvement. Very slight in the D attacks I will do this for the next 3 weeks (using it every other day ) and then see what point I am at. I no longer get these terrible painful IBS C attacks where I thought I was going to die from the pain. No more blood in the John. The doctor told me to take the Lizness with Colace and Senna but I was afraid to do that."

abeynorm February 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation "Chronic constipation has been a problem most of my life. I was on Zelnorm, until it was take of the market by the FDA. I have had serious complications due to my constipation, including having to be surgically unimpacted last yr after neck surgery. Almost was the end for me, I was septic. Full recovery, and put on Linzess 5 months ago, and it's been a miracle for me. Yes, I do get some gas, and can't leave home right away, it's sudden and quick when it works. I've gotten use to the small side effects now. I go everyday, and I have had NO more issues with constipation. I love Linzess!"

Bethhg22 January 29, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "Has been a wonder drug for me! Have suffered from extreme constipation for years. Now have a regular bowel movement about 2 hrs after I take it. Took about 2 weeks to work so give it some time! Have never had the diarrhea side effect."

Karenburkeh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "It does not work for me. Has anyone else ever realized that capsule is empty or is it just my bottles I open the capsule up I am on one45 MCG one to two times daily I quit taking it because it was not working I started back on it 6 days ago then today open the capsule and realized there is nothing in it!"

arnau January 22, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "I got these as samples from my doctor for constipation, these pills worsened my anxiety. I started feeling very nervous and shaking, after two days of taking these I realized it was these pills that triggered my anxiety. Plus I didn't noticed them help with my constipation. Maybe if I would have taken them longer they would have helped."

Unknown95 January 22, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have struggled with severe constipation (IBS-C) for years. NOTHING worked... fiber, laxatives, Rex meds. Linzess worked TOO well and painfully. I can't leave the house after taking this. I read on one reviewers post to try Nopalina... I thought, why not, I've tried everything else. It definitely helped. I take Nopalina capsules everyday as directed, and drink LOTS of water and sometimes add Miralax to my routine (if needed). Changed my life!!!"

IBS-C and Irritated (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have IBS mixed. Alternating constipation& overflow diahrrea. My dr gave me 145mg of Linzess to take 30min before dinner. Nothing but gas. Then she said take it with dinner. 2 hrs later I had diahrrea a few times the first week. Then I got terrible stomach cramps a few hours later. I would go but it was hard to pass, & a lot. The next couple days I would have the same stomach pain, have hard stools but then diahrrea right after. I was all over the place. I told my dr & she gave me 245mg & 30min before dinner. It's been a few days & I think my body is still adjusting bc I did have D. But I've had many normal BM! I feel it coming after I eat or wake up & go like normal! No belly pain,bloating, or rumbling. I hope i am finally stabilized!"

Rach413 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation "I was given Linzess from my VA GI doctor. At first it didn't work and I had these explosive episodes of diarrhea, the Dr said to cut back on it which I did. All I can say is that it works for me. I haven't had any tummy spasms. I go to the restroom more often. After years of trying to figure out what was wrong I can honestly say I am happy with the results."

cocobrown January 5, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "I immediately began bleeding from my rectum after taking this medication. It was painful and I had to be rushed to the emergency room. I don't recommend anyone taking this medication."

richard taylor (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Overall this medication works for me. I tried Amatiza and had flu like symptoms. Linzess is best for me. Every day is different. I only take it if I know I will have access to a toilet. I need access pretty much the entire morning. There are times when I don't go a lot, but that's OK. There are times when I literally pee out my bottom. I have dealt with constipation for most of my life and I am thankful for this medication. I use the $30 rebate they have. It's not a scam. I got a check in the mail. Drink lots of water with this product. I also do a bowl massage every night when I lay down for bed. This helps. I do the 90 day supply with my insurance. I only pay $100 for 90 days. Then I turn in receipt to linzess for the rebate."

Sarahk95 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "After suffering ulcerative colitis for almost 20 yrs (bleeding, occasional diarrhea) But regular daily BMs, I suddenly just stopped going. Period. I tried OTC laxatives, diet change, water, etc. nothing worked but several glycerin suppositories a few mornings a week. My gastric had me try Linzess which works - I take it when I wake about 6AM about 3 days a Wk when I can be home until at least mid AM. It usually works within 2 1/2 hrs. I might try it at night."

GoNo with Colitis (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 1, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "Linzess works great for me. If you are going too much when you take it once a day, cut back by taking it every other day and that should help the diarrhea too. If you are still having too much diarrhea, take it every third day. I would be glad I wasn't constipated any more!!!! Not going is worse than diarrhea any day. Hopes this info helps. "

Bonjovismirk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 31, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "I'm Classic IBS - C. Haven't had a normal bowel movement in years. I have tried everything and have seen leading specialists in Los Angeles. I've tried soluble fiber, gluten free, FODMAPS, stool softeners, drugs such as bentyl, desipramine...nothing works. A leading specialist at UCLA prescribed Linzess. I started with the 145mg dose - nada - then went to 290 and it was a storm!!! The first time I took it I thought I would have to go to the ER I was so sick. After a taking it for a few months the pain got less, but it still gives me explosive, violent diarrhea that can last up to 3 to 4 hours. I take it about twice a week, it's the lesser of two evils theory. I take it at bed time and if I'm lucky I wake around 4 am and go until about 7."

Mr IBS (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "On day 18 I take linzess 290 as prescribed every morning and still go days without a bm or when it does work, I have to go all day. I also have a constant belly ache. The doctor said it should even out after 3 to 4 weeks. I won't be able to find out as I can't afford it as it costs over $300, and that is with the linzess coupon that claims you pay only $30! What a scam"

coolheidi (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Dr precribed Linzess 290 for a 108 lb woman! Took it apart and lowered the dosage the first time and had horrible diarrhea, took it again with an even lower dose to see if that would help...now I have lower intestinal burning and pain??? Lower back and pelvic area are on fire? ?? Anyone else experience this! (Apparently I can't do Linzess )"

Tina57 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "I'm a 49 yrs. woman and I have a different situation than most. I have ICC. Mine is caused by a rare auto- immune liver disease. I have stage 4 scarring of the bile ducts that run through my liver. The enzymes try to get to the food to help digest but it runs into a scarred liver. The process of breaking down food takes so long for me that food just doesn't move fast enough. That's how I get backed up and so distended in my belly.I look 6mo. pregnant sometimes. I can't say enough about Linzess. It's helped me so much. I have to take my dose at night so I can be close to the bathroom as many times as I need to be..Usually within 2-4 hours, I hear gurgling, nothing painful and yep..time to go...Lol! I'm thrilled and feel so much better!"

LisaAIHICCPBC (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been taking linzess for a few months now. I have diarrhea almost every day which most times leads to accidents. I went to my GI specialist and she suggested i take IB Gard to help with the diarrhea. I am tired of having diarrhea every day and not knowing when its gonna come. I go to work and I still have accidents at work it's embarrassing and disgusting. I have not have any help with bloating or stomach pain. I was on 145 of linzess but that didn't work very well so the doctor put me on 290 it just makes me feel miserable."

tiffum December 9, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "Only gave LInzess an 8 because just don't know yet - it's too early to give it an educated rating. I have taken Linzess only twice. I took it last Friday and I went to the bathroom for 3-4 hours. It was like a colonoscopy prep. I fasted on Saturday (as I do twice a week) so I didn't take one. Sunday I went to a Christmas party and was afraid to take one. Monday I had workers here working in and around the bathrooms so I didn't take one. Finally, yesterday I took one yesterday and I experienced cramps and small hard stools several times that came out like an explosion. Not going to give up yet. Going to take another today. If I have to stay home for a few days and condition myself I will do it. Have had constipation all my life."

Dideep (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation "It worked for a week perfectly then stopped working. I am wondering if laxative plus linzess is the way to go."

Atkin (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "I take my linzess every morning as prescribed but yet I still get constipated I can go 3-4 days without having a movement even though I'm taking linzess"

Tzx (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 4, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "So I have been constipated since I was an infant. Only the colonoscopy bowel preps would ever give me a full bowl movement.. I would drink that magnesium citrate when I got to bloated and uncomfortable. My GI dr gave me some Linzess samples to try. I used Miralax at night and Linzess in the morning. On the first day, my body was shocked and my bowels ejected lol... the second day I was constipated again. Third day, small bowel movement. I am hoping it will help with my abdominal pain and bloat and I am sick of being in constant pain and discomfort."

RebekahO (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Constipation, Chronic "I bled from my rectum after using this medicine. I had stomach cramps as well. I recommend that you never use this medicine unless you want to be in severe pain."

KingJames2016 December 2, 2016