User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Constipation, Chronic 170 reviews 30 medications

7.7
Irritable Bowel Syndrome 97 reviews 137 medications

7.5
Constipation 44 reviews 244 medications

7.2
Summary of Linzess reviews 311 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Linzess

For Constipation "Going on the fourth day with no results"

Holdenville (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "So far loving this. Stomach pain has almost disappeared, haven't had an attack in over a week. Down side is have to be near a bathroom about an hour after taking it but that is manageable. Hopefully it continues to work. Time will tell."

JKBud (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Long story: Of course I haven't had a colonoscopy in 4 years (but pushed for it) although this started started 6 months ago. Change in size of BMs, in the bathroom frequently, even though I've gone.I go between 4-8 x a day. Sometimes it's like I'm on a bobsled moving side to side, back and forward trying to finish going. However not dry.So after an ER visit for abdominal pain on a scale of 1-10 it was 12! CT normal. It finally started subsiding about 1/2 &r after 2nd shot of morphine. End up seeing useless PA yesterday who didn't want me to have the colonoscopy. He puts me on Linzess. OMG! I was working summer school and in the bathroom every 15 min all morning. A total of 14-15x!!! Why? Am I on the wrong medication? Is it something else"

Addigrl July 20, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "This medication has been great thus far. I have had severe constipation my entire life. I was so desperate for help, with teas and other laxatives not working the doctor gave me this rx. I have not had the severe cramping that others have had at all. I take it in the morning on an empty stomach, eat a meal about 1/2 hour later. It produces a bowel movement for me which is complete or feels complete in about 30 minutes; Stools are soft, no straining and most of all I don't fear going to the bathroom. I have had on occasion two or three follow up BM's, nothing major and they are quite small. I will start cutting back the medication from every day to every other day or so and see what happens but right now this medication is a huge relief."

Vealz (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have dealt with chronic constipation for years. This medication is the only thing that has helped me. Been taking it for about a year and it has helped so far."

Pradkins14 July 16, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "First day had bad gas.. I have been taking this almost two months from a research company and haven't seen any changes or feel any different other than the first day. I still only go once every two weeks..I'm on lowest dosage right now."

Jaimec01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had chronic constipation for as long as I can remember. I have tried every remedy, over the counter medication, tea, prune juice and all worked but not ideal. When I saw the advertisements for Linzess I thought finally something that will help me. I was prescribed this drug and have nothing but severe diarrhea for a month and a half. I have tried taking at different time a day and night. Setting my alarm to get up and take before I go to work, hoping I can make it out of the house. I have taken before bed, but woke up to an accident. I can't seem to get past the diarrhea. I am happy that the drug works, but cannot with the unpredictable diarrhea. I'll contact my Dr. for a smaller dose, but may need to stop."

Linda L July 8, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I am on my 3rd day of Linzess. No bowel movent at all. . Feel kinda bloated. Hope something happens soon so i dont feel like i have spent all of that money for nothing. Very expensive medication."

Nothing happening so far (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been using linzess or *constella* as its known in Canada for over a year. It has been 100% a miracle for me and my life.. i have played around with it and i wanted to share with everyone what i found.. 1. I take this every 2 or 3 days and completely clear out. 2. The days i take it i set my alarm to wake me up at approx 4 or 5 am and take my dose along with 1 litre of water and go back to sleep. By the time i get up im ready to empty. 3. U HAVE TO TAKE WITH MORE THAN A GLASS OF WATER. 1 LITRE HAS WORKED BEST FOR ME. Being dehydrated or not drinking enough water stops it from working as well since its an osmotic (pulls water to the bowel) 4. Be aware you will have loose stool for the day. I will take it anyday over constipation!!!"

Mom_in_canada (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Interesting reading all these negative posts. I have been hospitalized three times for blocked bowels, and the treatment is nether cheap or pleasant. After keeping a diary for my GI where I had pain almost every day for six months he prescribed Linzess. First couple of days had no results, then it started working. Very predictable and yes I do need to be near a bathroom for an hour or two after I take it. After that everything is under control. I feel wonderfully better and have much more energy. I do believe you should take it on an empty stomach, then eat something about thirty minutes later. On a few occasions I have taken a second dose in the evening if I felt uncomfortable or needed to skip the morning due to appointments."

Works for Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

For Constipation "I'm so excited to have found this medication! Nothing worked before to cure my constipation besides stimulant laxatives and enemas, and with my family history of colon cancer I wanted to avoid the stimulants. I have a regular morning bm now which is SO different from my weekly decision of what drugs to take to force it out. I'm on the lowest dose. But I had a bunch of drinks for the first time and the combination of alcohol and Linzess gave me horrible diarrhea all night long. Diarrhea never REALLY bothers me, but I thought it is an annoying effect if it'll happen every time."

JessBrownie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have diagnosed chronic constipation. My doctor tried to refer me to Miralax, which I did try, but it did nothing for me. I asked him for a sample of Linzess and I thought I might happy cry because of how well it worked. Within the first two weeks you will most likely have some diahrrea, as your body is getting used to the medicine. I'm about a month in on my prescription and the diahrrea DID stop. But trust me, it's better than constipation every day. Every body is different, but try to follow the directions to a T for the first month before you switch it up. I take mine 30-1 hours before I eat after I wake up in the morning and have a completely normal BM a few hours later. If I wait to eat any longer than on hour, it doesn't work at all"

Bye CC! June 12, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Physicians are way too excited about Linzess. It definitely does not work for everyone and not exactly as indicated. The first three days I took it were fine. Then no effect for two days. Then incredible pain. I asked the doctor if I could try a lower dose. Was advised to take it at bedtime!? Definitely not a good idea when part of the problem was extreme diarrhea. Quit taking it for two weeks. Went back and tried one tablet. Dizziness, wobbly, weakness, malaise. Does it treat constipation, yes. But it is a guanylate cyclase agonist , so, of course, it has systemic effects. When are too many side effects too much to even put a drug on the market?"

Tess 51 June 12, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been using Linzess for over a week. I had a lot of success with Resotran for three years until it stopped working. I was back to being bloated/distended and constipated. I also gained weight when I noticed that the med were not working any longer. I was miserable. I did some research and realized that Linzess was available and covered under my insurance plan. My doctor gave me a prescription and I finally found relief again!! All the reviews I read made me a little nervous but it's not as bad as I thought. It does clean you out! I take the med in the morning 1/2 hr before I eat and within 2-3 hrs I have at least three bowel movements. My bloating/distension has improved and I lost weight. I hope it continues to work!"

Airam1973 June 11, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have severe diverticulitis. I was very sick for a long time and went through a colon resection. Linzess was prescribed after I healed from the surgery to make sure things kept moving and I didn't get sick again. Initially, I loved LInzess. Here is my issue: I don't think I get a complete bowel movement as much as I pass a lot of water through my bowels. The feeling is if there is still something that needs to be done...and water retention and bloating! I have gone months without taking LInzess and then take it and look as if I am 6 months pregnant which is odd for a 60 year old woman. Weight gain is severe but reduces after a week or so. This is over a period of on/off for two years so I am certain it is this drug."

Thereisnowaythisnicknameisinus June 10, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "This works great, however the side effects are less appealing. You cannot trust a fart on this!, ever!. I take it first thing in the am on am empty stomach and you better not leave the house within a hour because exactly one hour later, hot lava explodes . Ugh. But, the constipation is gone! Be sure to have a huge supply of fresh underwear when you take this!"

Bypassmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I LOVE this medication. For years I felt like a rabbit .Hours in bathroom only to produce pellets if lucky. Diagnosed with severe diverticular entire colon and several diverticulitis attacks within a year. Colon resection and possible candidate for a bag was on the table untli my GI recommended Linzess. (Miralax , Milk of Magnesia and many others did not work for me). This pill is a miracle for me. Taking the 290 in the morning. wait 30 minutes to eat , then within 3 hour I am empty and ready for the day !! Yes ther is diahrea sometimes within that 3 hours but NOT painful or uncomfortable. I have not had 1 diverticulitis attack in 1 year now ! I am just over the moon thrilled. I am thankful for this prescription."

Salmon58 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2016

For Constipation "This is a life changing amazing medication. I found that it works best for me if I do not eat past 6pm and then take the pill before bed around 9 or 10 pm. Then I go to the bathroom in the morning 2-3 times before work and I have never felt better. I have to much energy now and a flatter not bloated painful stomach!! I know it does not work for everyone but it worked for me and if you have issued you should try this for sure. I had to play with the time I took it for awhile but now that I have it dialed in I hope I never have to live without it!!"

Ipoopedtoday! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "So I take this on and off. Well I am back on. And first off, I struggle with weight issues CONSTANTLY! Last week 5-11 I weighed 143. Today 5-20 I weigh 151!!! Haven't changed eating habits, drinking habits. Nothing. Needless to say it's nice to go to the bathroom. But when I have to fit in a wedding dress in 29 days I think I'll pass on the medication. The weight gain, water rent entire, severe bloating stomach. Think I'll pass."

Dresmiles May 20, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Suffer from IBS and have chronic constipation. This medication gave me some relief the first 4 days and from there it was all downhill. I now have diarrhea along with stomach cramps and can't leave the house due to these horrible side effects. I am on the lowest dose and have even tried to take it ever other day and then seem to revert back to constipation. I have been in bed all day today and feel sick with stomach cramps and feel very tired. I would not recommend this medication. Think I'll try Metamucil from now on and see how that works. Due to the IBS I am unable to eat most fibrous foods. I am very thin and linzess is causing more weight loss. Not a good medication."

Androcles (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "For as far back as I could remember I always had issues going to bathroom. constipation. Bloating. Straining just for "pellets". I tried numerous over the counter products from powder forms to pills and they Did not work at all and caused more severe bloating and cramps. I found out I have colonic intertia. I had the strongest dose prescribed to me of the linzess and found that if I take it on an empty stomach 30 min before I eat dinner after I'm done eating id say 30 min to an hour I'll feel some pressure but no pain and know it's time to head to the bathroom and it cleans me out. I usually have maybe 2 small bathroom trips after and then I'm good for the nite. I usually take it twice a week not everyday or as needed to go to bathroom."

Jaye3680 May 17, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I've had severe chronic constipation for 3 years now. About a week ago I finally got health insurance so the first thing I did was make an appointment with a gastro. She prescribed me Linzess. For the first 2 days of taking it I had horrible cramps and my stomach was constantly making noises. Well on the 3rd day I finally went. It was only a tiny bit which was very disappointing. I'm now on day 4 and I am literally stuck to the toilet. I have severe cramps, nausea, heartburn, headache and no energy what so ever. I feel like I could fall asleep on the toilet. I have never been so miserable. I will definitely be calling my doctor on Monday and will never take this horrible pill again."

CW16 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "My doctor prescribed Linzess for my irregular, but chronic constipation. I have been on the drug for 2 months, but today is the last day I will take it. This drug controls your life. it is a good thing that I am retired, because there are some days I cannot leave the house. The effects of the medicine can last up to 6 hours and I have to remain really close to the bathroom. I have gained 6 unexplained pounds since I began the drug. My abdomen is so bloated, spanx does not help. I have to find an alternative."

avm (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have tried taking it at night and in the morning on an empty stomach was very hopeful after reading reviews....no such luck Nothing happened it was like i wasn't taking anything maybe I should keep taking it as after a week I quit. I wish they would bring Zelnorm back it was perfect worked like a dream! Now trying Amitiza still nothing...resorting back to Miralax (which gives me gas) and Milk of Magnesia sometimes along with Ducolax and you have to stay home. Very frustrated"

YMB (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Took linzess one time and wound up in the ER the same night due to a horrible rash. I had horrific diareha the hours leading up to the rash. I now have a big hospital bill and no relief of IBM. Will NOT ever take it again."

PMDSH May 7, 2016