User Reviews for Linzess

6.8

Summary of Linzess reviews 7.0 589 reviews

Reviews for Linzess

thischick · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had chronic constipation my entire life! No, I do not like the idea of having to take a pill everyday buuut I can go to the bathroom now ! That is a huge life changer. I have however gained 11 lbs! Lame! I contacted my Dr. to see if there is an alternative or if I am just dehydrated... Anyone have any helpful tidbits for me? Do I need to up my water intake?? I was 127 now 138 and only 5' 4"."

Happy · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "You hear mostly horror stories. People don’t report when things work well. This is day 5. Worked everyday. One day didn’t feel “complete”. Doc said that may happen on occasion but more than not it’s gonna work, and reduce your symptoms big time. If this keeps up its a a game changing pill for me"

dobbs · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I took lowest dose of Linzess for the first time this morning about 45 minutes before breakfast. Then about 2 hours later had a bowel movement. The urge was there but NO diarrhea. I just want help to alleviate the constipation, so if it can make me have a BM every other day - great. So far no cramping or other symptoms. I will revisit this site with an update after using 2-3 weeks. I will not increase the dosage - I just want to use the minimal amount to get the job done. I understand that after about 4-5 months your body adapts to the BM routine (muscle memory) and will eliminate easier (like being re-trained). I recommend going into use trying the smallest dose possible before jumping into the higher doses as that will surely cause any body to experience a hard and most likely negative reaction."

LNC · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I had my gallbladder taken out 19 years ago. For the first 5 years I had chronic diarrhea never diagnosed with IBS but then it went completely opposite and started having chronic constipation for the last 14 years. I have been on this medication for 2 weeks and it is amazing! I normally can’t go to the bathroom except for maybe once a week if not once every 2 weeks even after using magnesium citrate ! Now I go once if not twice a day and feel so much better. I highly recommend this medication!"

Upset stomach · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "After taking Linzess I developed a violent eruption that had me up all night running to the toilet bowl. I also spent all night cleaning my carpets, floors and walls, not to mention the laundry My doctor prescribed the lowest dosage and still I had a nasty reaction. I foresee this medication being taken off the market in the near future"

Kathy Norris July 11, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "Just what I need. Only problem is the drug company prices it way out of most people's finances. So, I will have to just keep suffering with out it. "

Gordonj · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Dr gave me samples. Today had BAD abdominal cramping. Took my first pill and ate about 45 mins later. 2 hrs later BAD severe stools that were all water. The side effects said this is the no. 1 side effect that can happen the 1st 2 weeks..never expected 2 hrs. Very disappointed."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I tried it for two weeks, costs $454, and it didn’t work for my consumption. All I got was gut pain."

Seesaw · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2019

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Dr prescription for IBS a couple of years ago, it worked well at first, then it lost effectiveness. I recently tried again and got diarrhea and bad gas pains and not able to leave house. Not doing that again."

Yourmompoops · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "Within 3 hours of taking Linzess, you better be near a toilet. You better have your phone charged. It’s gonna be a long and bumpy ride. At first you feel a rush of what seems like a “complete bowel movement.” If you’re concerned about the planet, forget the toilet paper for a while. If you wipe, then stand up thinking you are about to go about your day, you’ll be sitting right back down fast! Do not trust time, that little bubbly feeling, stay on that toilet until you can’t anymore. It will get watery, angry, you will need baby butt ointment. You will be so squeaky clean! That being said, this is a medication I thankfully used on my day off. It’s potent, it will knock your socks off. It relieves chronic constipation, but it is dangerous to use before work. Also, I don’t trust it before bed. I promise there’s a good chance you’ll poop the bed. Please have a designated middle of the night, willing to wash shitty sheets, getaway driver."

JRo · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "My doctor gave me a month's worth of Linzess samples to see if it would relieve my chronic constipation. All it did was give me terrible bloating, stomach aches and reflux. Then suddenly in one week I gained 7 lbs. I look 4 months pregnant. I am NOT taking this anymore."

Chel Belle · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "So I’m only on week two, but I have felt better than I have in a really long time!!! The first couple of days I took the 72 mcg and didn’t have a bowel movement yet. The third day I went up to the 145 mcg and I had a bowel movement two hours later! I took that for 4 days and now went back down to 72 just to see if it would work. I’ve been taking 72 since and I have a bowel movement every day. I experienced a little bit of diarrhea but nothing horrible. Nothing that kept me in the bathroom back and forth all day or for hours at a time like others have said on here. I have IBS-C, so I constantly felt bloated. I swear this medication reduced the bloating the very next day!! I felt so much better in general even though I hadn’t a a bm yet!! It works wonders for me! I’d highly recommend it!"

Thankful · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 19, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I have suffered from constipation all of my life. I’m 44 years old and I would barely have 2 bowel motions (BM) a month. My GI doctor gave me Linzess a year ago and told me to take 145mg twice a day. Omg it worked so good. Now I take only 145mg on a Wednesday and Saturday. This medication was heaven sent. Because it has really helped a lot of people including myself. As far as side effects the only side effects I’ve had was watery stool. That’s why my GI reduced it to 145 mg once a day. But heck I only take it twice a week and I have a BM every other day as long as I take it twice a week. But hey it’s no cramping or painful BM as laxatives always done."

Bri · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "The Linzess worked great for about a month for constipation. After that it didn’t do anything. I took a break from using it and tried it again and it still did nothing."

Katie · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 19, 2019

For Constipation "I have been on Linzess 145 for 3 years after suffering from constipation for years. I am 76, in good health, fairly active. I take it in the morning as directed and go within 2hours. It is a loose movement but no side effects. It’s been a miracle for me."

Tara · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

For Constipation "It's a no go for me because the first time I took it it gave me severe diarrhea that was completely water and developed extreme horrible abdominal pain it felt like someone was stabbing me with a hot knife. Bottom line don't take linzess"

Richie · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I tried Linzess for several days for CIC and found even on the lowest dosage major stomach bloating and discomfort as well as minor facial bloating. I did not have a bowel movement and after stopping this med and getting back on Miralax things improved in a day or so."

Happy Camper · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 12, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I have a been taking Linzess for over four years now. Started at 145 every morning 1/2 hour prior to first meal. At some point during the day I would develop diarrhea at unpredictable times. Started taking right before bedtime and the next day would start with diarrhea again but at least it would be done by 10 o’clock in the morning Better! Then the 72 dose became available. Started with that dose right before bedtime. TaDa!!! Seven mornings a week with my first cup of coffee! Linzess has been a lifesaver for me! I believe if you experiment a bit to find the right dose and time of day ~ Linzess can work for anybody! No side effects except those experienced during my trial and error period which was about three months. Stick with it until you find what is right for you. Highly recommend!"

Richie · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I am on day 3 of the lowest dose of Linzess and so far one forced bowel movement, fatigue, excessive bloating, and mild on and off nausea. This drug must be featured at GI conventions and samples go out to the doctors for their guinea pig patients. What a health care system we have"

JP · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I took two tablets one day and 1 tablet the next day. Developed severe lower back pain and sciatica. I am 79 and female. Also terrible headache and muscle aches. I subsequently read on the internet that you can develop sciatica if you’re over 60 and female. Please do even try this drug if you are an older female. This drug should be taken off the market now!"

DiarrheaMama · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

For Constipation "If you love living in the bathroom with constant diarrhea, this is for you! Gave it a 10 because it IS effective, but I would NEVER take it again."

Bb · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 4, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "About 1/4 of the time I get no relief at all for 3 to 5 days."

Midwest guy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2019

For Constipation " I wrote previously a review under "SWmidwest" that I was not satisfied with this medication. However, I have resumed treatment with Linzess and found it to be reliable and effective. So apparently I did not give Linzess time to prove itself. Hopefully my previous review did not prevent some patients from giving this medication a try to relieve constipation."

Actuallyhappy May 31, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "So, I’m in my mid 30’s, and have had chronic constipation due to pain management medications for 10+ years. I’ve tried many, many things to try and get myself regular. Stool softeners never seemed to do anything, and laxatives would cause me to actually go, but it would be painful. I’ve tried high fiber, both with and without high fat, magnesium, and a bunch of other things. I also exercise 4 times a week. Nothing has really worked. Until Linzess! Linzess on the other hand, actually has worked so far! I went to my primary care, with a pain that was seemingly a hernia, or appendicitis. After a quick exam, and some questions, he suggested I try Linzess. I took one (145mg I think it is) pill around 5pm, and was able to have a decent BM this morning. While it wasn’t “perfect”, it was not painful, and felt like it was a complete BM. If something changes, I’ll repost or edit. But I’m happy thus far!"

Kim · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "At 8 years old I began having issues with chronic constipation, around 40 I would only have 2 BMs a month. 2 weeks ago I began Linzess 72, even tho I take a daily dose I only have a BM every other day. Other than bloating and fear of passing gas I can say that the medication is helping. When I do have a BM It is rather a large amount. I have a lot of people asking me about weight loss and I can honestly say that if your looking for that this isn’t the medication you need. I haven’t lost any weight but being able to use the bathroom like a normal person is enough of an pro for me to continue."

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)