User Reviews for Linzess

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
7.1

Summary of Linzess reviews 7.2 481 reviews

Reviews for Linzess

For Constipation "The Linzess I was first prescribed 145MCG gave me diarrhea and discomfort taking it. I discontinued taking it. Recently after experiencing extreme abdominal pain which sent me to the ER twice. A CAT Scan showed I was very constipated which I have always had a problem with. Now I been taking the new low dose 72MCG Linzess and it has helped me giving be no side effects. Taking this lower dose has improved my life and I am so encouraged since I was unable to tolerate the higher dose."

Bren April 22, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "After several trips to ER/Prim Dr literally doubled over with stomach spasms & some nausea, I was diagnosed with IBS w/chronic idiopathic constipation. Made an appt with a gastro Dr who ordered my 1st colonoscopy. All was normal. Still the pain was so bad at times I would pass out. He prescribed Linzess 290 mcg. I do suffer from bloating, some sinus issues (mild) & diarrhea at times but it beats ending up in ER. Was put on a FODMAP diet, which I follow as closely as I can & have been spasm free for over a yr."

Carm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 1, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have IBS-C and linzess has been amazing so far. It does cause some diarrhea at times but nothing major. Most of the time I go it is normal and cramping is minimal. I have also had NO abdominal pain since I started this medication. Whereas before, I had pain everyday, most of the day."

AmyM (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I got samples from my Dr. I've lived with chronic constipation probably all my life. The pain this medicine gave me is not worth taking it. My stomach felt like it was being thrashed. Horrible pain with nausea. One morning I took it as prescribed (I hadn't taken one in a week) and am hour later I was overcome by projectile diarrhea. No warning. Couldn't even make it to the bathroom. The two times I've taken this, this is what has occurred. An enema was better than this. I'll never take it again and I will share my experience with this to anyone considering getting on it."

Vikki March 25, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "Dr prescribed linzess after years of chronic constipation. I am not sure how to regulate dosage because I can not take it every day because it gives me diarrhea. I take it every other day but the day that I do not take it, I become very bloated but can not produce a bowel movement. I have tried to take every day but I have to be home for very crampy diarrhea. Very good product but can not get the true benefits of the product."

BUG (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "Miracle drug for me! I’d suffered from lifelong constipation without any hope of a cure. Finally, my Dr. prescribed Linzess after determining that I had a redundant colon. Talk about amazing results! I didn’t even know what diarrhea was after a lifetime of pain and suffering passing petrified rocks through my sphincter. When others refer to “blowout” results, this brought tears to my eyes! No more pain. No more bloating. No more heartburn. Nothing but pure joy! After a few weeks, my doctor lowered my dosage to 145mcg, so I could walk the streets and go to work without fear. Most important thing is to take it daily, and DRINK WATER, otherwise blockages will return and then you may have pain or bloating again with the good fighting with the bad to get to the finish line. Otherwise, I didn’t know it was even possible to have a bowel movement daily (I’d averaged once a week), let alone multiple times, without bleeding or blowing an O ring in the process. Amen for Linzess!"

CraigP451 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I am a 23 year old female and I’ve been taking linzess (290mcg) for over 2 years. I used to take it as prescribed, until one day it just stopped working. I used to be able to go every morning 2-4 times (diarrhea) no problem, until it just stopped. It started to feel like I was getting very backed up. All those nasty toxins in my belly and intestines. I went back to my GI and they performed a colonoscopy. I took a few weeks off linzess and started taking it again as prescribed. Sometimes it’s a hit or miss, which sucks because I work in emergency services, and it’s hard to go when you’re in the middle of a 911 call. Linzess helped me lose 15 lbs as well, but once it stopped working I gained most of it back. I do notice if I take linzess at night and have a light snack after, everything I ate and then some comes out and I feel very cleansed. Like I said sometimes it’s a hit or miss and when it’s a miss, I tend to get very bloated and look like I’m 6 months pregnant and I become miserable!"

Karynnk54 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I’m 22 and as far back as I can remember I have always struggled to be able to go to the bathroom regularly without straining to the point of bleeding or relying on magnesium citrate once a week to clean myself out. At first, I was on 145mcg of linzess and after a month of no improvements my dr upped my rx to 290mcg. I’ll usually eat a fat bomb (coconut oil) before taking my medicine every morning and this has worked really well for me! Also, going is no longer painful at all! Hopefully this won’t lose its efficacy."

mlapihu1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "Bad experience for me, couldn't handle the stomach pain."

MayDb (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I was on Linzess 145 for a bit. Then it wasn’t working. Tried 290s. They worked for a few years but had to go to every other day. Lots of diarrhea and accidents, because of no control. I was just living with it for years because I was so happy not to be constipated. My Dr heard me say I had accidents and said we needed to fix it. Put me on 72s was not enough. I had samples so I continued but on 2-72s. Worked AWESOMLY. 290s every other day Took about 5 hours to work and a lot to a minimal amount. of diarrhea. 2-72s everyday work in 1-2.5 hours. Formed stools with only a couple times of a minuet amounts of diarrhea. So tried 1-145 per day. Awful first one didn’t go at all and lower stomach cramps. Bad. Then next day 2-72s so much better. My point is the 72s are new and I SWEAR there’s a new component in them that works soooo well. Weird I know. Just wanted to know if anyone has taken and seen a big difference in take one 145s and the two 72s??"

GWINNFF (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2018

For Constipation "Tried this for my Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (cic) but it caused bloating and my stomach felt upset. Had to stop, will try something else."

Mkarnen February 1, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I started on the lower dose of 72 mg but after 1 month of still having to take laxative several times a week, got rx for the next highest dose of the 144. It took 2 months to get used to the drug. I have reduced laxatives to just once a week. I drink tons of water all day and I find taking before bedtime works best for me if wanting a morning BM. Was on the whole 30 diet and have lost 7 pounds but since I’ve been on Lynzsis, I’ve lost another 3 lbs off the diet. My waist is smaller and My Abdominal fat is disappearing. This is a nice side effect to have. I only need to lose about five more pounds. I am very satisfied with this medication and the outcome even though I sometimes get occasional diarrhea."

Marg A January 27, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I have fought constipation my whole life. I use to avoid going to the bathroom because I knew it was going to be like giving birth. I tried everything on the market to help and nothing ever helped. I would be so backed up when I finally would go I would bleed and tear etc it was awful! I even tried smoking to see if it helped. Nothing so I heard about this and asked my dr to try it and she had never wrote it for anyone but she did and it’s been a miracle!"

SamieJo January 19, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "Worst laxative ever I feel bloated all the time on it and doesn't work , it also makes my side hurt a lot. Getting off for sure ugh"

Anonymous January 18, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I’ve been on Linzess 145mg to treat my IBS-C for 6 months now. The first 4 months the medication worked great. The past 2 months the medication only worked off and on. On the off days, I use it as a laxative, I’ll take 2 pills and eat right after without waiting the 30min. I go right away. The worst side effect I experience is the severe, hunched over abdominal cramps. It’s very intense. After I go about 3 Times, I know the cramps are over. It’s worth it, rather than dealing with the constipation and bloating and cramps."

Aroyba44 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "Have been on this two + years. Started out on 290 and ended up reducing to 145. I take it at bedtime because I work outside the home. I think I've got the whole picture finally figured out for me. Take a pill at bedtime. Normally between 5 & 6 it's time to go to the bathroom. Have couple BM and it always scares me that I'm going to have issues at work HOWEVER I have noticed the minute I eat something like toast or something light for breakfast then the diarrhea stops and it's safe to leave the house. Just wish I could get some weight off. Otherwise this medicine has been a lifesaver!!!!"

Kprather December 29, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "Male 77 year old with chronic constipation for at least 50 years. I have been using Linzness for 1 month. Having all the issues mentioned above. I take 200-400 mg magnesium . Have also used miralax. Sometime diarrhea sometimes a no go. On day 3 with out a bowel motion I take all 3 meds. After reading other experience I am going to double my water and try taking it 30 minutes before dinner. Thanks for all your input. Does increasing exercise help?"

M pipick (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "I am so happy now. I finally feel empty, have an appetite, am losing weight, and can fit into my clothes. I don’t look pregnant anymore. Aside from a few accidents-which don’t bother me at all- I am thrilled to be in Linzess. It has changed my life!!"

LaSra December 23, 2017

For Constipation "I've suffered with severe Constipation for a very long time due to my Hashimoto's disease. I'm so thankful my Dr. wrote me a script for Linzess! I have absolutely no cramps with Linzess! However, I do get diarrhea & I'll take that any day of the Week over Severe Constipation. So Thank~U for Linzess!!! Rebekah..."

Rebekah W. December 18, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "My doctor started me on Linzess 290mcg to clean me out for a colonoscopy for a possible blockage. After the first day my fibromyalgia is flared worse then anything I can remember. Though it does what promised the pain and weakness is insane. I'm going back to the browncow (prune juice and milk of magnesia) which has the same results without the side effects."

SuziQ210 (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "I used linzess a couple of months, I didn't like taking it first thing in the morning and then wait 30 minutes before I can take my breakfast. Some days I felt awful after taking it, my stomach felt like it about to explode! My doctor prescribe me with some other drug called trulance and I think it's much more tolerated, and it works better for me."

mariannM (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "Tried it to help with BM but it ended up causing a lot of bloating and with diarrhea. Stoped taking and will try something else."

Mary 1875 November 30, 2017

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have IBSC and I read about Linzess and asked my Dr. If it would benefit me. Started on 145 and it worked great for a while. Then hit and miss with a lot of gas, belly pain, bloating and either diarrhea or not going at all. Tried on and off then the 74 became available. It is better but still has lots of side effects and I can definitely not take daily. I take 30 minutes before breakfast and it produces bowel movement within an hour. I have at least 3 trips to bathroom with very soft BM's. Hope something more effective comes along without all the side effects."

Disapointed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "My constipation began when I came down with Sjogrens. I have been on linzess for the past year. I have tried all 3 strengths. I tolerate the 72 mcg the best. Linzess is an unpredictable drug for me. Sometimes the drug begins to work within 1 hour of taking and I have a normal bowel movement. Other days it can take up to 6 hours and I have terrible bloating and diarrhea for hours. I do notice when my Sjogrens is flared up the medication side effects are worse."

Kim.N (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been taking this stuff for 1 year after being diagnosed at 49 years old all of a sudden outta nowhere with ibs-c after a case of food poisoning. Has ruined my life. Haven't been able to go on my own in a year without some form of laxative. I started taking the 290 was way too much. Took half pill still way too much. Now I dump the pill contents (which isn't much) into a small tiny condiment bowl and take a dab every 2 days. It works but no matter what dose I take you get diarrhea about 4 times in a row or more after. It's as if you are taking the same stuff you take before a colonoscopy. You are completely cleared out. A 30 day prescription has lasted me 10 months so far. A tiny dab works but it sucks and can't go to work or go out for hours after :("

Mr. singaling (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2017