User Reviews for Linzess

Constipation
6.9

Summary of Linzess reviews 7.0 548 reviews

Reviews for Linzess

For Constipation, Chronic "Wow! I have tried EVERYTHING to help my bowels move. Since I was a child I have struggled, if I had 2 small bowel movements a week I was excited! And I hated laxatives BC ohhhh those cramps "

Backed up (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I had a Nissen Fundoplication five years ago and the surgeon nicked my vagus nerve and all but stopped my peristalsis. About one month after surgery I ended up being rushed to the ER and was told I was backed up from start to finish and my deuodenum was significantly inflated because the gas had no place to go. After that trip the doc gave my Linzess and it was literally a life saver. Does it have it’s drawbacks sure (the watery diarrhea) but in lieu of a perforated intestine I use adult diapers on the days I take it. About twice per week. I absolutely prefer this to death. If your constipation is that bad and you are on that much pain you just have to suck it up and wear a depends that day or you will have to go back to dealing with IBS-C or CIC. The price I pay is small in terms of the results I get"

Intestinal dysfunction April 12, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had issues having bowel movements my entire life. It’s usual for me to go once about every 9 days and even then, I wouldn’t exactly call it a full bowel movement. I began taking Linzess in February 2018, and while at first I loved it, whether I was peeing out of my butt or not, I was going so I was happy with that. However, it seems my body has acclimated to the medicine. Sometimes I go regular, other times it’s very little every couple of days."

HappyBaker (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2019

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been using linzess about 1-2 yrs. Since I thought great at first but now I'm having pain and trouble with my kidneys. Also weight gain and wondered why some days I am so bloated and nauseas. My Dr was sure he was aware of my kidney stones. Why is this still on the market with all these side effects ??? I also have cramps in legs, buttocks. I have so many stomach issues I don't need anymore. Doesn't make sense does it ??"

Sherry (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 24, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I've dealt with chronic constipation since I my childhood. Then after being prescribed opiates. for severe reasons I was doomed until started Linzess 290mg. Then I would still have days of constipation after taking it for a few years, then my Dr. requested I took a dose of MiraLax as well and I never thought I'd be so excited to go to the bathroom like a normal person. I do have a lot of gas which is embarrassing noise wise but thats about it from that perspective. I'm noticing this actually though now. I've been taking Linzess for many years."

Melissa (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 23, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had more issues with tummy pain, bloating and nausea, than with just constipation. Sometimes I won't go to the bathroom for 2 days. My gastroenterologist put me on Linzess. I go to the bathroom a little bit more often, but I didn't see a huge difference. The only thing that really helped me and made a huge difference in my life was going NON GMO. My allergist told me that my digestive system couldn't handle genetically modified foods. It's like an explosion takes place in your stomach after you eat. Please if you're in pain, look pregnant and can't go to the bathroom try a NON GMO diet. I'm not a doctor and I'm not telling you what to do but this is what works for me."

Ellen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 20, 2019

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I don't get any cramping or bloating but Linzess for my irritable bowel keeps me in the bathroom. When I take it my bowel movements are extremely watery, I get so weak and tired. The doctor told me to only take this as needed. We I take if I can't leave the house so I can't take it every day. Has anyone experienced this thank you"

Jen (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2019

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I will never take this again! It works alright. Starts out as regular bm and then goes into diarrhea. Having diarrhea is one thing but when it gives you no warning and just starts flowing out, that's other. I've tried this for a few weeks; some days weren't too bad but the last time I took it at 5:30 a.m. and after about a half hour, it started to work. It was a nightmare. Though I was home I couldn't even make it to the bathroom. Later at about 9:30 thought it was ok and went to aerobics class and luckily I had a pad on as it started again. This med is too too harsh."

JP (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I love Linzess....I have had chronic constipation for years due to very slow bowel. I can drink water, water, veggies and no bread or carbs and its still as slow as a slug. I saw a Linzess commericial on TV and ask my dr. about it. He started me on the lowest dose which did nothing he upped me to 290 its been heaven on earth and now I do not have the pain from being constipated. I don't feel like I have something wanting to come out any more. I have been on everything dulcolex, Mucinex, Metimucil, suppositories, Linzess is the only thing that wakes up my bowels. I have very little gas, my stomach growls but no pain at all. Don't let all the reports about death, weight gain, kidney stones almost every medications can say the same. If you have a severe reaction then its not for you get off of it. For me it has been a Godsend. Thank you for letting me share my experience"

JDK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2019

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Made life worth living again. Expect diarrhea of course. They should give this for colonoscopies! Works so much better than the gallons of medicine you must drink. Diagnosed with IBS-C, I go 6 or more days without any movement. Linzess takes pain away almost immediately and within 1/2 hour I can use the bathroom. On the highest dose."

T (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I have suffered with chronic constipation for years. I recently had to have pelvic surgery which has worsened my constipation due to a rectocele that was done. I was to ER twice and told to go home and take mirilax am and pm. It stopped working so surgeon ordered Linzess 145 mg which started out great, I would go after 2-3 hours, but the problem is now it is taking longer to work. Anyway the surgeon ordered 290 mg which seems to be working. Maybe the dose I need for my constipation was 290mg. It is great not be impacted anymore. Still have cramps and bloating . Only been on medication 3 months now."

Daisy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been taking Constella for IBS with chronic constipation for 4 days now, and it has not helped in any way infact I've noticed more bloating and a sick feeling in my stomach since I've been on it. I am still waiting for it to start working, but wonder how long I should keep taking it, until I stop, and render it ineffective and return back to my gastroentrologist"

Cwg123 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "Linzess is awesome. I've had chronic constipation most of my life. This is the first thing that has worked! I take it and a couple hours later it starts clearing me out. No nausea. No cramping. I feel like a new person. No longer miserable. You will get diarrhea for an hour or so but it's worth not being sick and bloated all the time."

msbojangles (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "This is my second go at Linzess - first time was the full 290mg and it made me house bound for 2 days, finally worked up my nerve to try again on the 72 dose, I’ve taken two so far and no activity other than I can feel my guts “moving” around which normally I do not, so I’ll take that as a positive. I’ve battled constipation since childhood thanks to a damaged parasympathetic nervous system. In my early 20s I delivered my son and incurred a sidewall tear all the way through the rectum. To say this compounded my bathroom issues would be an understatement. Because of these injuries I have permanent nerve damage in those areas - by the time my brain gets the message to find a bathroom it may be too late, worse yet, sometimes the horse has already left the barn. You can see how this leaves me a very narrow margin for error. I will report back on how the low dose works for me. I appreciate everyone who has taken time to share their experiences."

MrsC February 24, 2019

For Constipation "After taking linzess for a few weeks, I realsed that it was causing my extreme morning fatigue. Stopped taking and fatigue vanished. Took again to check, but same result. Intended purpose successful, but fatigue not worth it."

SWmidwest (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "Chronic constipation since birth taken laxatives my whole life. Saw a doctor he put me on linzess. First week seem like it was working I was having little things go on with me but didn't realize it was side effects from the pill shortness of breath play a big part. Couple of months I became really sick.I couldn't breathe, ears would plug up, lost my appetite, when I did eat I was throwing up, lost 30 pounds. I got so sick had to go to the ER 3 times didn't know what was going on. I got diagnosed with 3 different things got meds after I took all the meds nothing got better. Somebody told me you didn't start having all this wrong with you until you started that medicine to help you go bathroom. I decided to check side effects well it was this medicine this whole time. I stopped taking the medicine this whole time I thought I was dying and that nobody was going to find out what was wrong. I feel 95% better but now I can't go to the bathroom at all. The side effects is not worth it."

Marriott1 February 19, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I feel I need to share my history and reason for treatment with Linzess, as I see many negative reviews here. I have been completely dependent on laxatives for my entire adult life, I’m 44 yrs old. Making me constantly sick. Obviously, this is not sustainable, I was reluctant to try this medication bc other prescriptions have failed me in the past. My gastrointestinal doctor wanted me to at least try Linzess. And I must say, it’s a miracle ! No pain, no cramps, no nausea ! And works like magic ! Yes, you will have diarrhea "

Doesn’t matter (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2019

For Constipation "I have been suffering from Pelvic floor dsyfunction (PFD) for over 16 years. For the last 8 years I have been taking senna tea. It stopped working. Miralax dose not work either. I have tried other laxatives and they work sometimes. My dr. oerscribed Lizness 145mcg in the morning. I just get diarrhea about two hours later so I can not leave the house. But its like a very watery issue. I do not know if it is actually cleaning me out..."

George (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Started on the lowest dosage, and when that didn't do anything to help with either constipation or the cramps with my IBS, my Dr upped the dosage to 145 mg. This has definitely helped with the constipation, but the cramps and the bloating haven't changed. My constipation is relatively minor (I'd go once or twice a week during episodes) and was mostly looking for something to help with the awful stomach pains u got. Linzess hasn't really done a whole lot for me in that regard, hoping to find something better."

Wynn (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I had complications from Ovarian Cancer. Ever since my surgery I have not been able to move my bowels on my own since. (about 18 months now). I can go so far up to 18 days without a bowel motion because I have no feeling to go. I use my weight to determine movements. I have been on multiple OTC and prescriptions. Right now I take Linzess every morning (290 mg). I have diarrhea every morning. Which I am happy about.... because I am going!! I will take the diarrhea over not going for weeks! I am down 8 pounds almost back to my "normal" weight. But I also have no appetite. I feel dehydrated (which is somewhat normal for because I don't drink much water at all). I only have one real question.... My bottle says no grapefruit but I can't find a real reason why?!"

Pixie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "Only worked the first time I took it. I have enlarged colon, IBS-C. It a miracle to have a Bowel Motion. Took milk of Mag a whole year, tree tea root, laxatives, Amitiza. Only thing that helps is magnesium pills. I hope this medication works for others. I only had a headache and small amount of nausea from it. Unlike Amitiza spiked my BP to stroke level."

Andy (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "In the past, I was on 30mg of Morphine Sulphate 2 x a day with 50mcg of Fentynyl for a chronic pain situation involving a Complete Reverse Left Shoulder replacement, a spinal fusion of L4-L5, and a right hip replacement. In 2012 had a small bowel resection for an obstruction. Consequently the chronic OIC started. Had taken Lactilose, Relistor, Trulance, etc. Still no substantial relief. Started Linzess 2 days ago and WOW, great results!! No bloating, no cramps or abdominal pain whatsoever. Complete evacuation!! 5 Stars!!"

jakmak52 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I took Linzess a few years ago. I had limited success, but also an overwhelming watery flow as well. I also had a five pound weight gain in a month, and Linzess seemed to not be working anymore. I had actually increased my diet and exercise regimen in anticipation of my upcoming vacation. I still gained five pounds. I quit the medication. Last summer, I discovered Magnesium capsules. It has changed my life. I have fabulous success, with no side effects. I want to shout it from the rooftops!! I now feel normal with four capsules and a glass of water once a day. No gas, no nausea, no abdominal pain, and no weight gain!"

Smilinpch December 1, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I have has chronic constipation since birth. I was taking Psyllium husk fiber before meals and it was working very well for over 20 years. I now have diverticulitis and I can't take it any more. I am taking the 290 micro gram dosage for about 8 weeks now. I don't go every day, sometimes it's 3 to 5 days before I go. I'm paying $310 per month for this medication is to much, especially when it's not doing the job. I can take 8 oz of Miralax every three days, works better and cost a lot less. I'm very disappointed with this medicine. I expected better results."

George (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

For Constipation "1 hour of Diarrhea and 12 hours of sever abdominal pain. First and only time taking Linzess in my life."

MistaPapa (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018