User Reviews for Linzess

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Linzess.

Constipation, Chronic
7.3

Constipation
7.1

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
7.1

Summary of Linzess reviews 7.2 472 reviews

Reviews for Linzess

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I was on Linzess 145 for a bit. Then it wasn’t working. Tried 290s. They worked for a few years but had to go to every other day. Lots of diarrhea and accidents, because of no control. I was just living with it for years because I was so happy not to be constipated. My Dr heard me say I had accidents and said we needed to fix it. Put me on 72s was not enough. I had samples so I continued but on 2-72s. Worked AWESOMLY. 290s every other day Took about 5 hours to work and a lot to a minimal amount. of diarrhea. 2-72s everyday work in 1-2.5 hours. Formed stools with only a couple times of a minuet amounts of diarrhea. So tried 1-145 per day. Awful first one didn’t go at all and lower stomach cramps. Bad. Then next day 2-72s so much better. My point is the 72s are new and I SWEAR there’s a new component in them that works soooo well. Weird I know. Just wanted to know if anyone has taken and seen a big difference in take one 145s and the two 72s??"

GWINNFF (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2018

For Constipation "Tried this for my Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (cic) but it caused bloating and my stomach felt upset. Had to stop, will try something else."

Mkarnen February 1, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I started on the lower dose of 72 mg but after 1 month of still having to take laxative several times a week, got rx for the next highest dose of the 144. It took 2 months to get used to the drug. I have reduced laxatives to just once a week. I drink tons of water all day and I find taking before bedtime works best for me if wanting a morning BM. Was on the whole 30 diet and have lost 7 pounds but since I’ve been on Lynzsis, I’ve lost another 3 lbs off the diet. My waist is smaller and My Abdominal fat is disappearing. This is a nice side effect to have. I only need to lose about five more pounds. I am very satisfied with this medication and the outcome even though I sometimes get occasional diarrhea."

Marg A January 27, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I have fought constipation my whole life. I use to avoid going to the bathroom because I knew it was going to be like giving birth. I tried everything on the market to help and nothing ever helped. I would be so backed up when I finally would go I would bleed and tear etc it was awful! I even tried smoking to see if it helped. Nothing so I heard about this and asked my dr to try it and she had never wrote it for anyone but she did and it’s been a miracle!"

SamieJo January 19, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "Worst laxative ever I feel bloated all the time on it and doesn't work , it also makes my side hurt a lot. Getting off for sure ugh"

Anonymous January 18, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I’ve been on Linzess 145mg to treat my IBS-C for 6 months now. The first 4 months the medication worked great. The past 2 months the medication only worked off and on. On the off days, I use it as a laxative, I’ll take 2 pills and eat right after without waiting the 30min. I go right away. The worst side effect I experience is the severe, hunched over abdominal cramps. It’s very intense. After I go about 3 Times, I know the cramps are over. It’s worth it, rather than dealing with the constipation and bloating and cramps."

Aroyba44 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "Have been on this two + years. Started out on 290 and ended up reducing to 145. I take it at bedtime because I work outside the home. I think I've got the whole picture finally figured out for me. Take a pill at bedtime. Normally between 5 & 6 it's time to go to the bathroom. Have couple BM and it always scares me that I'm going to have issues at work HOWEVER I have noticed the minute I eat something like toast or something light for breakfast then the diarrhea stops and it's safe to leave the house. Just wish I could get some weight off. Otherwise this medicine has been a lifesaver!!!!"

Kprather December 29, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "Male 77 year old with chronic constipation for at least 50 years. I have been using Linzness for 1 month. Having all the issues mentioned above. I take 200-400 mg magnesium . Have also used miralax. Sometime diarrhea sometimes a no go. On day 3 with out a bowel motion I take all 3 meds. After reading other experience I am going to double my water and try taking it 30 minutes before dinner. Thanks for all your input. Does increasing exercise help?"

M pipick (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "I am so happy now. I finally feel empty, have an appetite, am losing weight, and can fit into my clothes. I don’t look pregnant anymore. Aside from a few accidents-which don’t bother me at all- I am thrilled to be in Linzess. It has changed my life!!"

LaSra December 23, 2017

For Constipation "I've suffered with severe Constipation for a very long time due to my Hashimoto's disease. I'm so thankful my Dr. wrote me a script for Linzess! I have absolutely no cramps with Linzess! However, I do get diarrhea & I'll take that any day of the Week over Severe Constipation. So Thank~U for Linzess!!! Rebekah..."

Rebekah W. December 18, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "My doctor started me on Linzess 290mcg to clean me out for a colonoscopy for a possible blockage. After the first day my fibromyalgia is flared worse then anything I can remember. Though it does what promised the pain and weakness is insane. I'm going back to the browncow (prune juice and milk of magnesia) which has the same results without the side effects."

SuziQ210 (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "I used linzess a couple of months, I didn't like taking it first thing in the morning and then wait 30 minutes before I can take my breakfast. Some days I felt awful after taking it, my stomach felt like it about to explode! My doctor prescribe me with some other drug called trulance and I think it's much more tolerated, and it works better for me."

mariannM (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "Tried it to help with BM but it ended up causing a lot of bloating and with diarrhea. Stoped taking and will try something else."

Mary 1875 November 30, 2017

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have IBSC and I read about Linzess and asked my Dr. If it would benefit me. Started on 145 and it worked great for a while. Then hit and miss with a lot of gas, belly pain, bloating and either diarrhea or not going at all. Tried on and off then the 74 became available. It is better but still has lots of side effects and I can definitely not take daily. I take 30 minutes before breakfast and it produces bowel movement within an hour. I have at least 3 trips to bathroom with very soft BM's. Hope something more effective comes along without all the side effects."

Disapointed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "My constipation began when I came down with Sjogrens. I have been on linzess for the past year. I have tried all 3 strengths. I tolerate the 72 mcg the best. Linzess is an unpredictable drug for me. Sometimes the drug begins to work within 1 hour of taking and I have a normal bowel movement. Other days it can take up to 6 hours and I have terrible bloating and diarrhea for hours. I do notice when my Sjogrens is flared up the medication side effects are worse."

Kim.N (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been taking this stuff for 1 year after being diagnosed at 49 years old all of a sudden outta nowhere with ibs-c after a case of food poisoning. Has ruined my life. Haven't been able to go on my own in a year without some form of laxative. I started taking the 290 was way too much. Took half pill still way too much. Now I dump the pill contents (which isn't much) into a small tiny condiment bowl and take a dab every 2 days. It works but no matter what dose I take you get diarrhea about 4 times in a row or more after. It's as if you are taking the same stuff you take before a colonoscopy. You are completely cleared out. A 30 day prescription has lasted me 10 months so far. A tiny dab works but it sucks and can't go to work or go out for hours after :("

Mr. singaling (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2017

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "l have IBS-C. l took linzess 145 for 4 days now. worked good until today! Incomplete bowel movements and bloating, cramping some too! l do not know if l up the linzess to 290? Sorta scared to do that. l really had high hopes for linzess!! Because l do suffer from constipation too."

Happy2222 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2017

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "bad experience, too much abdominal pain!"

troyba1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2017

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I had constipation for a few years , My bowel movements was so bad, I use to cry because was in so much pain. I couldn't eat because I was so scared to have a bowel movement, I was always bloated. I finally made a appointment to see a GI specialist, Linzess 290 mcg was prescribe, This capsule change my life on the toilet, I take it every morning on a empty stomach before breakfast with a glass of water. Before I was introduce to Linzess , I use laxative teas , stool softners, otc laxative nothing, changed diet ate fiber, fruits, had glasses of water nothing. This medication work for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Taking the highest dose possible (290mcg) has no effect on my bowel movements, belly discomfort maybe. As for poop it's "useless Linzess"."

Hardly October 10, 2017

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Did not work"

Anonymous October 4, 2017

For Constipation "Excellent. But after using for ten plus years, and taking polyethylene glycol twice daily, it needs to be increased. Can I go higher than 290 mg a day?"

Chlewis5704 (taken for 10 years or more) October 3, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "I was prescribed 145mcg of Linzess 10 minutes before breakfast. My first dose resulted in severe diarrhea for the rest of the day. I have since learned to divide the dose in half and taking it every other day. Since doing this my experience has been great. I usually will have two or three very loose BM''s within 2 or 3 hours and then it's over. I am very happy taking this medicine because I have gotten seriously sick from my chronic constipation. Now I can take Linzess as I need it. Dividing it is a chore because is such a small amount but since my insurance won't cover the 72 mcg dose I have no choice."

aidole October 1, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "There isn't a dosage level low enough for me to tolerate. I have horrible chronic constipation, and Linzess works well to guarantee waste is evacuated . But regardless of how much I tried to ensure I was getting a low dosage, Linzess always causes projectile diarrhea (if that's a thing - but you get the idea). Bottom line, it acts as a laxative to me. But does not evacuate those hard rabbit pellets magnesium citrate laxatives get."

Older lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2017

For Constipation, Chronic "I have taken Linzess 290 mcg. It is a great medicine if you have chronic constipation. I find, as someone else said, that initially my 30 day supply works great. After about 14 days, the effectiveness decreases with time. I keep it in a dry place with the moisture packs but repeatedly have this issue. I contacted Allergan about my findings. They were interested in the quality of the medication and stated they would follow up. I agree that the pills should be packaged in blister packs. Hope they hear our issues and come up with a solution. It is a great medicine."

zyxt September 19, 2017