User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Constipation, Chronic 176 reviews 30 medications

7.7
Irritable Bowel Syndrome 102 reviews 137 medications

7.5
Constipation 46 reviews 244 medications

7.3
Summary of Linzess reviews 324 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Linzess

For Constipation, Chronic "I am on linzess 290mg for a week. It's amazing how good that works. No cramps, no bloating. I take on a empty stomach every morning. I started going every morning. The 145mg did not work for me."

Ana 10 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Constipation "Before I took this medication I read many reviews from others so that I could make sure that I wanted to take as some of the reviews made me think twice about taking them. Based on the review of someone on here I decided to take mine with 20oz of water and while I had a little bit of bloating for about an hour or so that and other than diarrhea about 2 hours later for 15 mins I was fine. The bloating I did find uncomfortable for that time but once I went to the bathroom I was fine. I have only been on it a week but I have learned when to take it how long it takes to kick in and for the side effects to fade. So far so good just a helpful tip is to make sure you are drinking enough water too. I drink about a liter within an hour of taking."

TV326 August 23, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Linzess has been a life saver. I started out on 145mg and now up to 290mg. Greatly reduces boating and discomfort normally felt after eating and keeps my bowls moving :)"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "On day 5 of 29 on day 5 of 290 milligram linzess all I have experienced is a lot of gas last evening my stomach was extremely distended not sure if this is going to work for me but I'm not going to give up the fight the constipation is severe and causes major problems in daily living so I'm going to hold on until my next doctor's appointment"

Toniscea August 17, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I shared my experience in June/2016 when I started taking Linzess & it was great at first. Unfortunately, the diarrhea continued every day and my stomach got big & bloaty, headaches & acne!? I tried every second day, at night, with more water but as time went on the side effects got worse. I was going to the bathroom, but not completely, with all the water & gas remaining inside. I read posts about weight gain and watched myself carefully, everything I ate and worked out but suddenly noticed I was "puffy". I realized I was dehydrated from the Linzess and I stumbled across an acticle saying "dehydration slows down metabolism"! I also started feeling a little down, I got off & back to my old drug Resolor! Side effects gone & I feel better!"

Airam1973 August 14, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have had IBS most of my life with feeling of fatigue from constipation and cramping. Tried not eating certain foods, no gluten no dairy but never seemed to overcome this issue. Tried every bottle for sale to help with this and seem to make issues worse and only a temp solution. I got a script for Linzess 145 and decided to try it out in the evening after dinner to see what would happen. I finally had a normal BM. Decided to then take it as directed in morning on empty stomach it also works but will give you the squirts. Will try the evening again and morning as my schedules allow. Main thing is I'm moving my food through now and no cramping etc. love it so far."

BRN367 August 13, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I've been taking Linzess a little over a month now for chronic constipation. I used to have a bowel movement about twice a month. And it was like that for at least 10 years. I was taking Miralax and Phillip's milk of magnesia and magnesium oxide daily. Now I go almost everyday. I'm noticing a little water retention, but as long as it doesn't get bad I'm not worried about it. I gained soo much weight from not going to the bathroom and am now in the process of bariatric surgery. It should happen in about 4 more months. But I'm weighed regularly because of it and I am still losing weight like I'm supposed to. So as long as that continues I'll keep taking it for sure!"

LizzJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I had a lower bowel resection a little over a year ago and I have suffered with terrible constipation since having this surgery. I have tried everything out there changed my diet loads of fiber tons of water and nothing helped except Mag Citrate I would go as much as 2 weeks with no bowel movement. Then I would take mag citrate and it would make me so sick that i couldn't eat and I've lost a lot of weight because of this. My Gastro Dr finally put me on Linsess I was so afraid to take it because of some of the reviews about the side effects.I finally started taking it 2 days ago and for the first time in forever I'm able to go to the bathroom without having to strain and be miserable. I will continue taking Linsess it is a miracle drug"

KD123 August 10, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've been on linzess for 2 weeks and feel amazing! Yes I go to the bathroom a lot in the morning, about 4 times, mostly watery. BUT it beats feeling cramped and gross all day like I did before. My stomach is flatter Bc I am finally not bloated. I am not sure how people gain weight on this Bc it makes you go to the bathroom a lot. Maybe fluid retention. I do drink A LOT of water with this medicine and followed the reccomendation of increased fiber in my diet. I've lost 5lbs. It's only been 2 weeks but I am having amazing results and am finally pain free!"

MelB20000 August 5, 2016

For Constipation "This drug has been marked incredible in my book. I went from going to the bathroom once every 1-2 WEEKS to once every few days once I started taking Linzess how it's directed. I would take it with a full glass of water 30 mins before breakfast and would have a a am within the next morning or so. Well I have been trying something new which seems to be working much better. My wife and I usually eat dinner pretty late so we eat around 9:30-10 and then I chill for about an hour. I take a Linzess and go to bed. Each morning I have waken up to a BM after my alarm goes off at 6:00. It is a solid but very easy go. I am amazed and had to share just in case I can help someone else "

Shermjack August 5, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been taking Linzess 145 mg daily for about 2 weeks with bowel movement every second or third day. It is solid. It seems I have a motility disfunction in the colon. It began 9 months ago. I have had a colonoscopy/biopsy which was negative. I have no cramping. I am just happy to be having a BM even if it isn't like it use to be."

cath53 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "First Week with Linzess: (continued) Other notes: Bloating: yes, within 30 minutes of taking a pill, I can visually see my abdomen expand as Linzess causes the intestines to increase production of fluids. I don’t have that awful bloated feeling that you would suffer through with a bout of Colitis, this bloating is pain-free for me. But visually, you will be surprised until the BM occurs. Once finished, the bloating is gone and I feel better than I have in years the rest of the day. Timing of taking the pill: I have not figured this out at all. I may try bedtime next. No abdominal pain is liberating! I'll report more later!"

FireHoseJerry August 1, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had chronic constipation my whole life. I am 52. I have tried EVERYTHING on the market. I have chronic pain (fibromyalgia) and in trying to have some quality of life, I moved on to opioid meds which make the constipation WAY worse. Linzess 290 has changed everything! I take it at 3-5 am (when ever I happen to wake up), I had been on Amitiza 2x/day, which I still take along with 1 oz of George's Aloe in the am, & 3oz before bedtime mixed with 2tsp of Natural Calm (mostly magnesium). I no longer take senna-s or Mirulax. I go a LOT, 1-2 times per day. No diarrhea, no bloated abdomen, & no pain. I believe that the aloe (which tastes like water) combined with Linzess & Amitiza have changed my life!! Lots of fruit & veggies & water too!"

Jojo14 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2016

For Constipation "Going on the fourth day with no results"

Holdenville (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "So far loving this. Stomach pain has almost disappeared, haven't had an attack in over a week. Down side is have to be near a bathroom about an hour after taking it but that is manageable. Hopefully it continues to work. Time will tell."

JKBud (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Long story: Of course I haven't had a colonoscopy in 4 years (but pushed for it) although this started started 6 months ago. Change in size of BMs, in the bathroom frequently, even though I've gone.I go between 4-8 x a day. Sometimes it's like I'm on a bobsled moving side to side, back and forward trying to finish going. However not dry.So after an ER visit for abdominal pain on a scale of 1-10 it was 12! CT normal. It finally started subsiding about 1/2 &r after 2nd shot of morphine. End up seeing useless PA yesterday who didn't want me to have the colonoscopy. He puts me on Linzess. OMG! I was working summer school and in the bathroom every 15 min all morning. A total of 14-15x!!! Why? Am I on the wrong medication? Is it something else"

Addigrl July 20, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "This medication has been great thus far. I have had severe constipation my entire life. I was so desperate for help, with teas and other laxatives not working the doctor gave me this rx. I have not had the severe cramping that others have had at all. I take it in the morning on an empty stomach, eat a meal about 1/2 hour later. It produces a bowel movement for me which is complete or feels complete in about 30 minutes; Stools are soft, no straining and most of all I don't fear going to the bathroom. I have had on occasion two or three follow up BM's, nothing major and they are quite small. I will start cutting back the medication from every day to every other day or so and see what happens but right now this medication is a huge relief."

Vealz (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have dealt with chronic constipation for years. This medication is the only thing that has helped me. Been taking it for about a year and it has helped so far."

Pradkins14 July 16, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "First day had bad gas.. I have been taking this almost two months from a research company and haven't seen any changes or feel any different other than the first day. I still only go once every two weeks..I'm on lowest dosage right now."

Jaimec01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had chronic constipation for as long as I can remember. I have tried every remedy, over the counter medication, tea, prune juice and all worked but not ideal. When I saw the advertisements for Linzess I thought finally something that will help me. I was prescribed this drug and have nothing but severe diarrhea for a month and a half. I have tried taking at different time a day and night. Setting my alarm to get up and take before I go to work, hoping I can make it out of the house. I have taken before bed, but woke up to an accident. I can't seem to get past the diarrhea. I am happy that the drug works, but cannot with the unpredictable diarrhea. I'll contact my Dr. for a smaller dose, but may need to stop."

Linda L July 8, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I am on my 3rd day of Linzess. No bowel movent at all. . Feel kinda bloated. Hope something happens soon so i dont feel like i have spent all of that money for nothing. Very expensive medication."

Nothing happening so far (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been using linzess or *constella* as its known in Canada for over a year. It has been 100% a miracle for me and my life.. i have played around with it and i wanted to share with everyone what i found.. 1. I take this every 2 or 3 days and completely clear out. 2. The days i take it i set my alarm to wake me up at approx 4 or 5 am and take my dose along with 1 litre of water and go back to sleep. By the time i get up im ready to empty. 3. U HAVE TO TAKE WITH MORE THAN A GLASS OF WATER. 1 LITRE HAS WORKED BEST FOR ME. Being dehydrated or not drinking enough water stops it from working as well since its an osmotic (pulls water to the bowel) 4. Be aware you will have loose stool for the day. I will take it anyday over constipation!!!"

Mom_in_canada (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Interesting reading all these negative posts. I have been hospitalized three times for blocked bowels, and the treatment is nether cheap or pleasant. After keeping a diary for my GI where I had pain almost every day for six months he prescribed Linzess. First couple of days had no results, then it started working. Very predictable and yes I do need to be near a bathroom for an hour or two after I take it. After that everything is under control. I feel wonderfully better and have much more energy. I do believe you should take it on an empty stomach, then eat something about thirty minutes later. On a few occasions I have taken a second dose in the evening if I felt uncomfortable or needed to skip the morning due to appointments."

Works for Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

For Constipation "I'm so excited to have found this medication! Nothing worked before to cure my constipation besides stimulant laxatives and enemas, and with my family history of colon cancer I wanted to avoid the stimulants. I have a regular morning bm now which is SO different from my weekly decision of what drugs to take to force it out. I'm on the lowest dose. But I had a bunch of drinks for the first time and the combination of alcohol and Linzess gave me horrible diarrhea all night long. Diarrhea never REALLY bothers me, but I thought it is an annoying effect if it'll happen every time."

JessBrownie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have diagnosed chronic constipation. My doctor tried to refer me to Miralax, which I did try, but it did nothing for me. I asked him for a sample of Linzess and I thought I might happy cry because of how well it worked. Within the first two weeks you will most likely have some diahrrea, as your body is getting used to the medicine. I'm about a month in on my prescription and the diahrrea DID stop. But trust me, it's better than constipation every day. Every body is different, but try to follow the directions to a T for the first month before you switch it up. I take mine 30-1 hours before I eat after I wake up in the morning and have a completely normal BM a few hours later. If I wait to eat any longer than on hour, it doesn't work at all"

Bye CC! June 12, 2016