User Reviews for Linzess

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
6.9

Summary of Linzess reviews 7.0 533 reviews

Reviews for Linzess

For Constipation, Chronic "Chronic constipation since birth taken laxatives my whole life. Saw a doctor he put me on linzess. First week seem like it was working I was having little things go on with me but didn't realize it was side effects from the pill shortness of breath play a big part. Couple of months I became really sick.I couldn't breathe, ears would plug up, lost my appetite, when I did eat I was throwing up, lost 30 pounds. I got so sick had to go to the ER 3 times didn't know what was going on. I got diagnosed with 3 different things got meds after I took all the meds nothing got better. Somebody told me you didn't start having all this wrong with you until you started that medicine to help you go bathroom. I decided to check side effects well it was this medicine this whole time. I stopped taking the medicine this whole time I thought I was dying and that nobody was going to find out what was wrong. I feel 95% better but now I can't go to the bathroom at all. The side effects is not worth it."

Marriott1 February 19, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I feel I need to share my history and reason for treatment with Linzess, as I see many negative reviews here. I have been completely dependent on laxatives for my entire adult life, I’m 44 yrs old. Making me constantly sick. Obviously, this is not sustainable, I was reluctant to try this medication bc other prescriptions have failed me in the past. My gastrointestinal doctor wanted me to at least try Linzess. And I must say, it’s a miracle ! No pain, no cramps, no nausea ! And works like magic ! Yes, you will have diarrhea "

Doesn’t matter (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2019

For Constipation "I have been suffering from Pelvic floor dsyfunction (PFD) for over 16 years. For the last 8 years I have been taking senna tea. It stopped working. Miralax dose not work either. I have tried other laxatives and they work sometimes. My dr. oerscribed Lizness 145mcg in the morning. I just get diarrhea about two hours later so I can not leave the house. But its like a very watery issue. I do not know if it is actually cleaning me out..."

George (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Started on the lowest dosage, and when that didn't do anything to help with either constipation or the cramps with my IBS, my Dr upped the dosage to 145 mg. This has definitely helped with the constipation, but the cramps and the bloating haven't changed. My constipation is relatively minor (I'd go once or twice a week during episodes) and was mostly looking for something to help with the awful stomach pains u got. Linzess hasn't really done a whole lot for me in that regard, hoping to find something better."

Wynn (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "I had complications from Ovarian Cancer. Ever since my surgery I have not been able to move my bowels on my own since. (about 18 months now). I can go so far up to 18 days without a bowel motion because I have no feeling to go. I use my weight to determine movements. I have been on multiple OTC and prescriptions. Right now I take Linzess every morning (290 mg). I have diarrhea every morning. Which I am happy about.... because I am going!! I will take the diarrhea over not going for weeks! I am down 8 pounds almost back to my "normal" weight. But I also have no appetite. I feel dehydrated (which is somewhat normal for because I don't drink much water at all). I only have one real question.... My bottle says no grapefruit but I can't find a real reason why?!"

Pixie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic "Only worked the first time I took it. I have enlarged colon, IBS-C. It a miracle to have a Bowel Motion. Took milk of Mag a whole year, tree tea root, laxatives, Amitiza. Only thing that helps is magnesium pills. I hope this medication works for others. I only had a headache and small amount of nausea from it. Unlike Amitiza spiked my BP to stroke level."

Andy (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "In the past, I was on 30mg of Morphine Sulphate 2 x a day with 50mcg of Fentynyl for a chronic pain situation involving a Complete Reverse Left Shoulder replacement, a spinal fusion of L4-L5, and a right hip replacement. In 2012 had a small bowel resection for an obstruction. Consequently the chronic OIC started. Had taken Lactilose, Relistor, Trulance, etc. Still no substantial relief. Started Linzess 2 days ago and WOW, great results!! No bloating, no cramps or abdominal pain whatsoever. Complete evacuation!! 5 Stars!!"

jakmak52 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I took Linzess a few years ago. I had limited success, but also an overwhelming watery flow as well. I also had a five pound weight gain in a month, and Linzess seemed to not be working anymore. I had actually increased my diet and exercise regimen in anticipation of my upcoming vacation. I still gained five pounds. I quit the medication. Last summer, I discovered Magnesium capsules. It has changed my life. I have fabulous success, with no side effects. I want to shout it from the rooftops!! I now feel normal with four capsules and a glass of water once a day. No gas, no nausea, no abdominal pain, and no weight gain!"

Smilinpch December 1, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I have has chronic constipation since birth. I was taking Psyllium husk fiber before meals and it was working very well for over 20 years. I now have diverticulitis and I can't take it any more. I am taking the 290 micro gram dosage for about 8 weeks now. I don't go every day, sometimes it's 3 to 5 days before I go. I'm paying $310 per month for this medication is to much, especially when it's not doing the job. I can take 8 oz of Miralax every three days, works better and cost a lot less. I'm very disappointed with this medicine. I expected better results."

George (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

For Constipation "1 hour of Diarrhea and 12 hours of sever abdominal pain. First and only time taking Linzess in my life."

MistaPapa (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Don't take this drug!! I took one pill 30min before dinner, woke up at 5 am and had explosive diarrhea for 30 mins. The next day severe abdominal pain that I had to go to the ER and take painkillers all day. Is now 2 am two days later and seems that pain has finally faded. Never again!!"

MistaPapa (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "Years gut issues. Painful cramps and aggressive diarrhea to days of not having any bowel movement or urge to go. Sigmoid Colon removed. After couldn’t pass any stool. Nothing worked unless I took 6 times beyond the recommended dose of ex lax. I’d wait 4-7 days & then take. 12 hours later, worked. Cycle continued, over and over. More tests. Gut motility almost zero. Prescribed Linzess after no daily bowel movement for years. Took my first capsule. Within 2 hours had the urge to go! Was elated! No cramps. Was diarrhea but I will take diarrhea any day over not being able to go! Several trips to bathroom afterwards. Next pill, day 2. Worked within 2 hours. Diarrhea 3 trips then done. All within an hour. I can now go everyday! The chronic constipation took a toll on me for so long. Now I have my life back. I don’t need to sit curled up on the couch, belly hurting, gut filling up and not voiding what I ate without days of waiting to take mega stimulant laxatives. Thank you Linzess."

Giblet November 16, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "It serves its purpose. The only negative thing about it is that it works too well. Luckily, I had the day off the first time I took it, and I’m beyond thankful for that because I would not have made it through a day of work without going in my pants. If it feels like gas, it’s not. I did get the super bloat and the gargles in my stomach (louder than I’ve ever heard my stomach) but both have subsided. The best part about this medication is the lack of cramping. I have had no pain at all, just several trips (over 15) to the bathroom."

Moysa (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "Been on Linzess for just over a month. Before this my chronic constipation could only be relieved by an extreme dose of laxatives. The Linzess is working for me. I've been having 3 bowel movements a week on average which is a nice change. I used to only go 3 to 4 times a month! Only thing I can say bad about Linzess is I've been having nightmares every night since I've been on it, it's gotta be the medication as I didn't have them before."

Kel (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "Does not work much after first few weeks. Switch to Trulance - much better!"

John (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I have suffered with constipation for the last 3-4 years. I have taken over the counter and prescribed medicines. I am a 70 yr old Type II diabetic. I started on Linzess early this year with great results. You must wait the 30 minutes before consuming food. I have learned to time my dosage because at times I have brief diarrhea but feel so fortunate to have found this medicine. It does work. I may skip a day or two depending on my activities but I am pleased with the results."

Happy w Results (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Fantastic…...I can finally have bowel movements daily after suffering constipation no matter what diet I was on or how much clear water I drank. Linzess have given me life back. Side effects can be Diarrhea and if you feel like you need to pass gas....Don't until you are in the bathroom. But compared to what my life was like, this is heaven...10 stars!"

Art in Virginia (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I was diagnosed with IBS-C years ago. Have struggled with it since then. Had an episode with diverticulitis about a year ago. The gastroenterologist treated the episode but issues continued for the next year. Recently saw new Doc and he re-diagnosed IBS-C. I started Linzess 290 and had severe bloating, cramping and diarrhea. I used it for 5 days, doc told me to give it a week, and had to stop. Couldn't go to work, too many runs to the bathroom and an accident or two prevented that. I requested the dosage be reduce as despite the 'issues' I was going !! I will wait and start the new dosage over the weekend. Fingers crossed the major issues are less and I can function again."

Pat (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "My chronic constipation comes on every 2 month and then I was using suppositories and then fleets and sometime that didn't even work. I am 72 but I keep my self in pretty good shape and about a few pounds over but not much. I starting taking linzess about six month ago by Dr prescription and from the beginning starting working like clock work, but I don't take it every day I learn to pause like maybe twice a week and it works like a charm. I believe the secret is to take first thing in the morning with two glasses of water and wait for a half our and then maybe coffe with one toast and is beautiful how it works during the whole day, at time some diarrhea but not that bad,"

larry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I have according to my MRI severe constipation. I hadn't had a proper BM in an entire month. I took a 290 for two days (this time) as well as a whole cup of prune juice. 3 hrs later I've been to the restroom 7 times. The first was dry and extremely hard to pass. After that very watery and very often. My constipation is due to hyperthyroiditis @ .15 which is well below range and makes me extremely stopped up. Next time I will wait a few days between doses and not add the prune juice,lol."

Tracstar (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 30, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I am a 69 yr old female who has suffered through IBS-C for 15 yrs. In the past few months, the constipation became so severe that I developed an impacted bowel twice in six weeks. Following my 2nd experience with fecal impaction, my doctor started me on the highest dose, 290 mcg, daily. After adapting to how it works ... (predictable movement within 2 to 3 hrs) I am very pleased. Yes, there are watery stools and on occasion, a few other small discharges throughout the day, but as one review said “you plan for it” (as best you can). One side effect that I have not seen mentioned is that of an itchy rash. My entire midriff section has been moderately itchy since I started LINZESS. The rash has gone, but the itch remains. Overall, I am very pleased with the effective results I experience with LINZESS and the quality of life it brings."

Peggy September 13, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had constipation for years. I tried everything. Laxatives made me so sick until I would throw up and break out in sweats. My Dr gave me a prescription for this and I love it!! It works really fast and it cleans me out. I don't care if it's diarrhea. It's just good to get it out. I may have to go three or four times but I feel so much better.This medicine is great for me"

Sue (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I'm suspicious of so many positive reviews because the pharm company has a vested interest in their drug appearing ad a good product. My experience has not been so good. Although the drug worked for me, it caused severe vomiting, headache, and stomach pain. I wouldn't take the drug again due to the pain level but it could be that it was an isolated experience."

Hillary (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I had a chronic IBS-C for years and on opiates for at least 6 years. The suffering I had on Linzess for 2 weeks I have anxiety just thinking about it. When I was taking opiates I would have a bowel movement once a week. I never has gas, cramping or any other issue other than going once a week. Recently I started Linzess on the request of my doctor. See I had been stuck without a BM in almost 3 weeks. I went to the hospital twice to because of this rare pain and not having a BM. I did find out I had a hernia but didn't have anything to do with it. The first day on Linzess I had no BM but the next day I was helping my husband pack for a work trip and...well I had to throw away those pj's. This kind of thing continued for 11 days. My doctor took me off of the medication and 4 days later I still am afraid of leaving the house. When will the pain and pooping end!!"

Kaia (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "My doctor gave me quite a few samples of Linzess to try for chronic constipation. She told me to take it with my first meal of the day. This did not work, so I took it at night; and this works much better. I have learned that I do not need Linzess every night. Usually, I take it about two times a week, and I am fine. I have had no abdominal pain nor diarrhea. I also like that there are no systemic effects; the medicine goes into the gastric region and does its thing. (Other medicines, even OTC’s like Miralax, made me irritable and sad). Linzess has been great for me. I have read other reviews, and I know that it has not worked so well for others. We are all different, and the same medicine will work differently in different bodies. Good luck with Linzess! I hope you get the relief you are seeking."

Elle6 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018