User Reviews for MiraLax

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of MiraLax reviews 8.3 126 reviews

Reviews for MiraLax

For Constipation "I've had a problem with going to the bathroom since, I've been on pain meds. Opiates! Not only help with the pain it plugs you up, I also have IBS with constipation and diarrhea but mostly constipation. I've been taking Miralax for awhile, most of the time I have good results, it just takes a few days. Most other meds for constipation makes me sick, my Dr gave me samples of Linzess ( not sure about spelling) but it made me sick. My insurance wouldn't pay for Amitiza, so Miralax is about all I can take. Sometimes it takes a few days, others times not . I also have taken it with warm prune juice. As long as I'm on pain meds, nothing will change. Became I'm not getting off the pain med's, anytime soon.."

Baby Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2018

For Constipation "I have severe bloating and stomach cramps. I had an unusual incidence of severe constipation, and after it resolved my doctor prescribed Miralax. After six days I still haven't been to the bathroom except partially with an enema, and have severe cramps. My whole gut is swollen and churns around like I have diarrhea, except it won't come out. I suspect it has harmed my normal gut bacteria. I will not take it again."

Paula H. (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Constipation, Acute "Everytime I use miraLAX my body shows me how much it loves me. I can eat whatever I want because I know once the medicine kicks in I have no worries. The best poop aid I have EVER used."

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Constipation "I've been addicted to opiates for a long time. I recently started methadone and it has caused constipation I've never experienced. The constipation has caused hemorroids and has made it very painful to go poop every time. Not to mention I am gay and the hemerroids have ruined my husband and I's sex lives... But after my doctor recommended miralax I am so amazed and surprised at how regular I am... After only 7 doses I am back to normal and my hemorrhoids are almost gone. No more bleeding when I poop and no more pain. I'm so thankful.. Its kind of expensive but so worth it. I'm very thankful."

Gurusum (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2018

For Constipation "I have been on Miralax for one month prescribed by my doctor I am still very constipated. I have severe belly bloat. now I'm gaining more weight I look like I'm about 8 months pregnant help me"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2018

For Constipation "Miralax is the only thing that will help with my constipation, otherwise I am plugged up for days. It is not instant, but I am glad something works. I have tried everything!"

ellie33 December 20, 2017

For Constipation "nothing"

kriss2233 December 9, 2017

For Constipation "I have a lot to say as this stuff is great! It works all the time, anytime, lasts a very long time and even when you cut down on the dose once it starts working it will always work. Must take it everyday for a week or two for it too work! Never take it during the end of the day or it will drain you literally. Take it in the morning to noon. If you do these few simple things, in my opinion there is no pills better! Feels natural and a little goes a Long way. Most constipation pills make me feel horrible, and bloated, if your taking it as I said you wont get any of this. I have done all three! Best Product Ever."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

For Constipation "When I first used this product I was recommended by my doctor. They told me I had to take it indefinitely as I think I have sluggish bowls. They said it may take about a week to work. So I started taking it on a Monday, I felt it moving through but nothing happened. I told my family that it wasn't working. Well I took it every day until the next Monday, I went to class. I was in class and I was like I feel like I gotta poop. A few minutes later, man I do gotta poop, and then I was like oh crap I really got to go. I was scared there would be an explosion or runny. I went and so easy. Ever since that day it works, and I was like - I like this Stuff!"

Tabby1buddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

For Constipation "Ever since being pregnant with my son 3 years ago I've been plagued by stomach problems: gallbladder stones, bloating and constipation. I went a full month once with no bowel movement. Colace tablets were working fine until 3 weeks ago I wasn't going and having lots of stomach pain. Dr suggested Miralax. 4 days ago I took it and felt bloated, tired and headachey. Still no bowel movement so I took a Colace. The Miralax started finally working last night but it was the most painful bowel movement ever. 9hrs later I still feel like I need to go but now nothing happens when I do. Miralax did not soften bowel movements whatsoever. Very disappointed. I'm also on subutex so that doesn't help. I think I'll stick with Colace."

Jessalynn85 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

For Constipation "This stuff makes me poop every time I urinate. Once it kicks in, the effects last for several days. I have completely abnormal bowel movements. I can never get it all out, it just sits in my rectum, causing a great deal of "mishaps". I finally had to go and get an enema just so I could have an actual bowel movement and clear everything out, so to speak. I'll never use the stuff again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2017

For Constipation "It felt like I had a rock in my back that need to come out of my bottom part.. long story short when you are full of poop it hurts lol and you need to get that poop out!!! This is my first day taking Miralax and it started working on me in a couple of hours. I'm released and relieved.."

Dj103lo August 18, 2017

For Constipation "It works just fine for constipation I took it 3 times before in the past but the 4th time I took it which was a couple years ago my blood pressure dropped really low 81/48 felt tired all day not wanting to do anything would not recommend if you are on blood pressure medication too check with your doctor"

95222828283 July 7, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "This helps but after you take it and poop, etc. You may loose control of your bowels if you laugh or anything like that it will make you poop without wanting to."

Clwpinesause June 13, 2017

For Constipation "I have had to use this product a lot more than I'd like to admit. Over the last year I have gone through about 6 boxes of 12 if not more.... works in about 2 minutes for me so it works almost instantly which is why I love them so much however they only clean out the lower section of your bowel and not all your bowels. Which is good and bad. For severe constipation I'd recommend also taking an oral medication as well "

Bear92 (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

For Constipation "Miralax I have found to be very effective in producing bowel movements however I have IBS-C and it may be causing me more frequent bouts of nausea during the day as well as major bloating but not sure?"

Rickie L (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

For Constipation "I started with very, very hard stool (Bristol Scale = 1) like mini-cannonballs. By the 3rd dose of MiraLax my stool was normal--just came sliding out without any strain on my part. I took a 4th daily dose to be sure, and I still feel good- so I'm going to stop now. No side effects except a minor grumbling in the stomach. I heartily recommend this medication to anyone suffering from hard stool."

Bobby S (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

For Constipation "After taking a new medication for 10 days with no problem, once I titrated my dose to twice what I'd been taking, I ceased to poop. No poop other than a few "rabbit turds" here and there, for 6 days. On the 4th day of no poop, I took a dose of Miralax. On the 5th day, I took a dose in the AM and one in the PM, at bedtime. Same thing on the 6th day. Finally, I'd had enough waiting. I did the Dulculax/Miralax Colon Cleanse for Colonoscopy that is listed on many medical facility websites. I chose one with 4 tablets of Dulculax, followed a few hrs later by 8.3oz (approximately 14 doses) of Miralax dissolved into 64oz of Gatorade. It took 6 hrs after taking the Dulculax/nearly 2.5 hrs in of drinking the drink, for it to finally kick in. Whew!"

chitchatcatt (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

For Constipation "MiraLAX is working well but it takes to long to work."

StarWars producer 889736361208 May 2, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "I had another GI doctor suggest Miralax for a colonoscopy prep and that was a mistake. the doctor who did the test could not see anything and I had to come back another time with a " real prep""

Rickie L (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

For Constipation "I have problems with chronic constipation and have tried various stool softeners and suppositories. Today, I took Miralax for the first time. It really cleaned me out. I will absolutely use it again."

Mrs. Mac April 11, 2017

For Constipation "I have chronic constipation due to medications mainly my pain medications and I take miralax on occasion and it works but for me takes a full 3 days for it to kick in and get my bowels moving again. I recommend taking this as soon as you get constipated for some it works as soon as 12 hours. I've had no issues with Miralax and it works for me."

Dobie2016 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2017

For Constipation "Loose bowels all the time, my stool smells horrible all."

Hoof March 28, 2017

For Constipation "I take opiates every day, and a side effect of this is severe constipation. I would often go weeks without having a bowel movement. When I did go, it was painful and required a lot of work and time. I have tried other solutions and MiraLax is the best by far. I took one cap full every day and on the second day I had a small bowel movement. I kept taking it and the very next day I had the first normal bowel movement in years. No cramping, no straining and no pain. I cannot recommend MiraLax enough. It is so gentle, yet works so well! If you suffer with constipation don't suffer anymore! Try MiraLax!"

SnarkyJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

For Constipation "I started a new medication that made me extremely constipated, I could only go to the bathroom if I drank coffee. I decided to try this after not having a BM for 2 days and it did nothing. I tried it again the next morning and still nothing. On the 3rd day I bought the Dulcolax pink pills and took 2 (supposed to work in 6-12 hours)... 12 hours later and still nothing. At this point my stomach is so bloated and hurts pretty bad. I go by the store and get a glycerin suppository and that did the trick after about 30 seconds. I think I was just so backed up that nothing was working. After the first BM (it wasn't much) all of those laxatives started kicking in and giving me horrible cramps for 30 or so minutes. Finally emptied everything out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017