User Reviews for MiraLax

Learn more about MiraLax.

Constipation 78 reviews 244 medications

8.8
Constipation, Acute 10 reviews 33 medications

8.8
Bowel Preparation 5 reviews 114 medications

3.6
Summary of MiraLax reviews 93 reviews 7.1

Reviews for MiraLax

For Constipation "I've had chronic constipation since I was four. It was so bad that I literally had to see a "poop doctor" until I was about 7. I started using Miralax whenever I was constipated at that point, and never once has it failed me. I once had a 2-week period of constipation, my worst period of time ever, so I began taking one capful twice a day. Two days later, I produced two toiletfuls of stool. It ached a bit afterwards, but the process was very, VERY quick and you could NOT believe how relieved and relaxed I felt afterwards. I'm in my late teen years now, and I still take it whenever I haven't gone for at least 3-4 days. It usually takes a day or two to work, but it's completely worth it."

Shortnsweet September 20, 2016

For Constipation "After lower back surgery I was prescribed Oxycodone for pain and Diazepam ( Valium) for muscle spasms. The only problem is constipation,something that I had never experienced before. The instructions say that it may take up to 72 hours and this is how long it took to work for me. I was sceptical if it was going to work at all but it did. NO pain or any problems. I went easy the only thing the smell is hard to describe. Haha!!!. I took it twice a day on the advise of the nurse after the single dose didn't bring me any results the first day. Always ask your doctor for stuff like that even though it is an OTC remedy . Hope you feel better."

STELIOS September 14, 2016

For Constipation "Just been on this for 2 days. Don't know if I'm gonna go but one cap=1000 facts!! If this can make me go without the pain I experienced with ex lax I'm all in :) Took xlax a week ago and 12 hrs later every inch of my body was sweating from my eyebrows to my Nuckles. I didn't know knuckles could sweat. After an hour of extreme pain and making baby Jesus all kinds of promises I finally went. I started the miralax the next day and I have not gone but I'm sure it's coming.... The problem with the gassy side effect is I work with one other person in an office. Who do you blame it on? Lol"

Nickatnit August 30, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I was prescribed PEG as a prep for a colonoscopy. The medicine made me throw up, and the procedure had to be rescheduled. Thoroughly disgusting stuff."

Anonymous August 27, 2016

For Constipation "Started taking Miralax about a week ago. I didn't have it with me this last weekend, and I still went to the bathroom. I must say since I have been taking it, I have had a little cramping, this pretty much is the red flag saying time to use the restroom. I must be really constipated if this cramping if happening. But I'm going to keep taking it and see how I feel in a few weeks. So far I'm going to the restroom it's slowly moving out. Yeah! Miralax"

LQ August 2, 2016

For Constipation "It worked!! Relief took 12 hours but it was gentle and no painful complications. Would rather wait than go through a very painful solution in a few hours. Thank you Miralax!!❤️❤️❤️"

Wendel Jay July 22, 2016

For Constipation "I take Miralax every day and have for about six months, per my doctor. I have an abdominal hernia, inoperable. My complaint is your new POUR SPOUT. I HATE IT WITH A PASSION. My last purchase did not have that feature and it was a real pleasure. Why in the world did you think that would be a good addition to the bottle? I wish you would stop that and go back to just the regular bottle. Miralax is my God send. I have a lot of problems with my bowels and this helps me greatly. I have recommended Miralax to my friends. Surprisingly, some already use it. That is my say for today. Sally Wiese"

Picklelady July 21, 2016

For Constipation "Miralax was a lifesaver for me. I was nearly hospitalized because constipation had caused aspiration pneumonitis and greatly worsened my GERD and asthma. I was losing weight, though I was already underweight, because I couldn't eat many meals, and I was also having chronic moderate/severe abdominal pain. The miralax worked amazingly for me, although it took some time (a week, 2 capfuls 2x daily, though now I do 2 once a day). My brother experienced problems with it though. He started with 1 capful and was vomiting all night. However, he went to ½ capful and slowly titrated up to 2, and now PRN Overall: Highly effective, but variable side effect profile. Insurance only covered bc I was taking such large doses, otherwise they will not."

jtahsuda4 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2016

For Constipation "I had been feeling very bloated and had a lot of pain over the past months. So much so it landed me in the ER. Xrays showed I was backed up. So much my Dr said flat out I was full of $h1t. She perscribed this stuff and it made my stomach growl and groan. Several hours later it hit me. It was like a freakin soft serve ice cream parlor. The smell was something wicked. All in all it worked. I will continue to use this miracle powder."

Sir Poop-A-Lot July 11, 2016

For Constipation "I have had dry stools for years and have tried everything under the sun-natural and over the counter products- with no success. This has been an absolute life saver. No side effects and worked within 2 days."

Nicky12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

For Constipation "I just need some stability in my life. If I can't get that from a laxitive, where can I? I tried this several weeks ago for 5 days with no results, so I ended up taking Dulcolax pink tabs and almost got myself hospitalized from those little pink tablets of hellfire. My doctor advised I try Miralax everyday to keep things moving, so I tried again. 3 days/doses later, I began cramping after dose 3 and moved my bowels 8 times in 6 hours with much vomiting. Very different experiences from one person."

Throwing up sucks. June 12, 2016

For Constipation, Acute "I had used other laxatives to regulate my digestive system and many of the other laxatives gave me awful side effects such as nausea, excruciating cramping and others, miralax worked very well without the side effects the other meds had."

User82928471928 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

For Constipation "I was lulled into a false sense about this drug by my doctor and reviews which said it would work over several days and help me have a natural bowel movement. This is not my current experience. I haven't had a real bowel movement in 9 days, which is the first time in my life this has happened. I have some health issues and have been eating 400-600 calories per day. I took the miralax at 7pm assuming nothing would happen for a few days. At 9:15 abdominal pain, cramping, running to the bathroom. Sweating bullets through my clothes and feeling incredibly nauseous, it took a while but it started working. Almost 2 hours later I am hoping the worst is over. It was effective because it is working, but be aware it CAN work fast and feel terrible"

CBar12345 May 26, 2016

For Constipation "I hadn't had a "satisfying" bowel movement for weeks. Just a little bit here and there. I weight lift and monitor my calories and weight so I knew the constipation was getting serious when my weight was up by at least 5 lbs despite being on a "cutting" diet. I took miralax over two days (two doses total )- and wow, it really worked. Once I went to the bathroom, it was like a floodgate opened (sorry for the graphic description). But it came out firm yet soft. I had no painful urgency or side effects, just a natural urge to go. The only negative side effect I had was painless gas. Lots of it. But totally worth getting back to a regular state. I'm going to keep taking this for a few more days just to make sure I get back to regularity."

JGizzle May 8, 2016

For Constipation, Acute "I hadn't had a bowel movement in a few days so I mixed some of this into my apple juice and within 3 minutes I was in the bathroom. It works really well but it wouldn't stop coming out.....I feel less blocked up though so if you feel blocked, definitley try it"

Poop queen (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

For Constipation "Had to take a higher dosage for a few day's before it started working. It is working great now. Really easy to take."

Champ1956 March 10, 2016

For Constipation "It actually works really well for me. Especially when I was an opiates user and didn't take any laxatives my stools were so hard and big that I would resist going as long as I could because I was so afraid of the pain. On average I wouldn't go for 2 to 3 weeks and there was once I didn't go for 2 months and had to go to the er. I'm now taking a medicine to get off opiates called methodone and my bowel movements aren't nearly as painful but still give me problems. After taking miralax my bowels motions would come out with absolutely no pain but if you don't do it everyday it will keep happening"

Zzvvv March 1, 2016

For Constipation "I had to go to the ER due to horrible stomach pains and was told I was 'plugged up' and needed laxatives. The ER doctor prescribed me Miralax and so far it's done nothing. Literally. It's been the three days they speak of on the back of the bottle, and I still can't go properly. I've been guzzling water like crazy, and not only does that make me nauseous (plain water is so freaking gross) and apple juice. I was told by the ER doc to take it once a day, then I called an gastroenterologist and she told me to take it at least 4 times a day. We'll see, but so far this product has done nothing for me."

ButtHurt (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

For Constipation "I have IBS-C and over the years, have tried just about every laxative out there. My doctor prescribed me Miralax in 2008 and I took it daily until 2014. This is a very gentle laxative that can take several days to work. It's completely flavorless. The only side effects I noticed were minor bloating and gas. Eventually, my body got used to it and Miralax stopped working. But for six years, it was painless, dependable therapy that I was grateful to have."

Serene Celine (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

For Constipation "Awesome! Works great! Stop waiting and go to the store. This product is a lifesaver. Works without getting gas, cramps. Tastes like water. Simply the best! "

Jason Covey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

For Constipation "I am constipated due to 6 auto-immune diseases and all the medications I have to take. It was first time I ever needed this type of medication. I have a high tolerance level but something told me to try a half dose. I can say it 100% worked and worked too well, quick too. I would make sure I have a night with the only plan is to take care of myself."

greycie (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

For Constipation "Be patient -- it may take a couple of days -- but you will get results. Follow the instructions and take your capful each day in a liquid drink -- I use apple juice. I absolutely cannot taste any difference. You will feel the urge and there is absolutely no straining. It is a miracle OTC remedy!"

Whosure December 4, 2015

For Constipation "My grand daughter is four she was born with a birth defect and has chronic constipation we tried prune juice when she was a baby it only worked for a little bit . Then she got sent to a G.I doctor and he said try miralax and give her a whole packet. She has been on it since she was about a year and a half and it works great for her . She will have to be on it for a while. She had to learn how to recognize her systems and when to go to the bathroom and with this medicine she is doing awesome .. I hope that she won't have to be on it for life . Thank you miralax"

Anonymous in idaho November 18, 2015

For Constipation "I'm a 24yr old that recently had back surgery. They had me on tons of medications, of course, one being a stool softener because a lot of medicine intake tends to make one constipated. Well, the stool softer that I had to take twice daily didn't work one bit. I got so bloated and had some serious stomach pains, that I finally decided to try a laxative (never having tried one before, I was alittle intimidated). Now, before injuring myself and having the surgery, my BMs were extremely regular: once a day. After that, I was rarely going. When I tried Miralax it worked within the hour of drinking it in some ginger ale! I felt SO MUCH BETTER! It makes your stomach gurgle and gives slight cramps, but worth it in the long run!"

Works Great (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

For Constipation, Acute "Heart medication has caused acute constipation. When I take miralax, I go get BMs, but the effect is that I am extremely gasey and each time gas passes, small amount of poop comes out. It keeps me running to the bathroom and holding gas day and night. Sometimes I get to where I cannot stand the constipation any longer and try the miralax again... same horrible results and never feel cleaned out."

ccb711 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2015