User Reviews for MiraLax

Bowel Preparation
3.4

Summary of MiraLax reviews 8.3 134 reviews

Reviews for MiraLax

For Constipation "I have had normal bowel movements most of my life. Then I turned 29 and it started slowing down dramatically. Genetically my father had gastrointestinal issues such as IBS and he had food sensitivities. I am now learning all about this and had been suffering for 2 years with constipation. Stool softeners were so harsh on my stomach but I took them because they worked, metamucil wasn't effective for me and still left me with bad constipation, as well as laxatives, saline's, and suppositories. My gastroenterologist recommended Miralax and I initially had to wait almost 3 days. Then it was diarrhea because I was so backed up. So now I have a happy medium. The amount I take every day that gives me relief, comfort, and regularity. I go anywhere from 2 to 4 times a day soft to semi loose stools. I couldn't be happier and healthier I recommend trying this asap!"

Gingersnap (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2018

For Constipation "I have been constipated for the better part of two years because of being on methadone maintenance as a recovering heroin addict. Without any laxatives or anything I might pass a stool once every 4 or 5 days. Recently I have being using saline, and Epsom salt enemas and have been taking miralax for 3 days. Yesterday which was day 2 I finally passed one, but it feels like a ton more is still inside me. I drink a whole lot of water and work on my feet, so it should be passing. But to no avail. I hate it. Finally this morning, I had a steady stream... But it was more like glue. Disgusting."

Johnny Be Goode (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Constipation "When it works, it is great. Unfortunately, lately it has not been working and has left me bloated and constipated. Actually, I have found that Milk of Magnesia works better for my constipation, with a bowel movement occurring in less than 6 hours."

JC (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Constipation "I've had constipation my whole life! I've had to watch everything that I've eaten and avoid all red meat, rice, bagels or anything else that might clog me up. The past 10 years, I've done water enemas once or twice a week. I talked to a doctor about 2 months ago during emergency visit severe stomach pain. He recommended Miralax, and I rolled my eyes because I've been on every kind of laxative there is on the market... Pain, gas, diarrhea all that stuff. The first night I poured the dose into a cup of tea and drink it down. The next morning I completely emptied out. No cramps, no pain, just emptied out. The doctor said I could take it every night or even twice a day... Indefinitely! I've taken it every night with a big cup of herbal tea and every morning after my first cup of coffee I go to the bathroom and just go. I feel like what I've heard normal people feel like. I have great days and a sense of calm, even working at a stressful job! LOL I don't ever want to be without this..."

Happy girl June 23, 2018

For Constipation "Not long after a colonoscopy my movements seemed off. I thought it was no biggie -- until things basically shut down. I never knew that constipation could be so tough and depressing and scary. It was like my body was rebelling and not obeying orders. Got a box of MiraLax packets and took my first daily dose around 6PM, hoping that it would work and not take three days. Within a few hours it seemed like something was happening. There was some gurgling and expelled gas. Normally that might be bad, but under the circumstances it was a hopeful sign. Around 1AM I finally went and it was painful and not fun--but what a relief! Have had two more movements since then (its the next day) and each one has been easier than the last. So just one dose and seemingly back to normal! I can't imagine what a chronic case of this must be like.... I almost feel guilty that my cure went so well. Anyway there's no bad taste to it and I'm glad it worked. Worth a try, I think."

jake June 15, 2018

For Constipation "I have always had to deal with constipation basically my whole life. I have tried various OTC laxatives, stool softeners, and enemas as well. I hate those with a passion because of the large force you feel when the poop is to come on out whether it was too big, hard, or whatever. It has got so bad that I have said over and over I would rather have diarrhea any day over having to deal with trying to go #2 because of the other times it has me anxious and scared to even want to go, which means I get all backed up. So, I've bought and have just taken one dose of the miraLAX and am waiting on an easy result. Hoping it is like what most everyone is saying."

Booker (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Constipation "I've suffered from constipation most of my life, using different laxatives such as senna, dulcolax, milk of magnesia, suppositories and enemas. They worked but they would also give me very loose stools and/or horrible stomach cramping. I was having another bad bout of constipation alternating 3 days before I would have a BM. Decided to give miralax a try after my brother who also had chronic constipation recommended it to me. I took it after a meal before bedtime and I noticed my stomach was gurgling but no real discomfort, I think I could feel the stuff moving everything through the colon. Woke up this morning and after drinking some more water, I was able to finally have a bowel movement that was firm yet soft and not watery whatsoever. Finally relief! I'd also like to note that I usually strain really hard to have a bm but with miralax all I had to do was relax and it came right out. Would definitely recommend!"

Shelly (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

For Constipation "I had problems going too the bathroom and my doctor recommended me too use it in morning at 7a, and at night at 7pm, he told me it would take 3 days too let it all go. Well it was right on the money 3 days. All I did was sit there and came out smooth. Some push that was it. I was on the pot for like 4 minutes, and what a relief, I feel good now."

active (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

For Constipation "Smells like Elmer's glue and kind of gives my stool the consistency of it, too. It really works more as a stool softener than a laxative for me. Which is good when I'm having a lot of dry, hard stools, but the somewhat sticky texture leads to some incomplete bowel movements and a lot of unpleasant cleanup afterwards. I'd almost just rather pass the hard stool than have to go through a box of wet wipes every time I poop."

Sasa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2018

For Constipation "I've had a problem with going to the bathroom since, I've been on pain meds. Opiates! Not only help with the pain it plugs you up, I also have IBS with constipation and diarrhea but mostly constipation. I've been taking Miralax for awhile, most of the time I have good results, it just takes a few days. Most other meds for constipation makes me sick, my Dr gave me samples of Linzess ( not sure about spelling) but it made me sick. My insurance wouldn't pay for Amitiza, so Miralax is about all I can take. Sometimes it takes a few days, others times not . I also have taken it with warm prune juice. As long as I'm on pain meds, nothing will change. Became I'm not getting off the pain med's, anytime soon.."

Baby Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2018

For Constipation "I have severe bloating and stomach cramps. I had an unusual incidence of severe constipation, and after it resolved my doctor prescribed Miralax. After six days I still haven't been to the bathroom except partially with an enema, and have severe cramps. My whole gut is swollen and churns around like I have diarrhea, except it won't come out. I suspect it has harmed my normal gut bacteria. I will not take it again."

Paula H. (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Constipation, Acute "Everytime I use miraLAX my body shows me how much it loves me. I can eat whatever I want because I know once the medicine kicks in I have no worries. The best poop aid I have EVER used."

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Constipation "I've been addicted to opiates for a long time. I recently started methadone and it has caused constipation I've never experienced. The constipation has caused hemorroids and has made it very painful to go poop every time. Not to mention I am gay and the hemerroids have ruined my husband and I's sex lives... But after my doctor recommended miralax I am so amazed and surprised at how regular I am... After only 7 doses I am back to normal and my hemorrhoids are almost gone. No more bleeding when I poop and no more pain. I'm so thankful.. Its kind of expensive but so worth it. I'm very thankful."

Gurusum (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2018

For Constipation "I have been on Miralax for one month prescribed by my doctor I am still very constipated. I have severe belly bloat. now I'm gaining more weight I look like I'm about 8 months pregnant help me"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2018

For Constipation "Miralax is the only thing that will help with my constipation, otherwise I am plugged up for days. It is not instant, but I am glad something works. I have tried everything!"

ellie33 December 20, 2017

For Constipation "nothing"

kriss2233 December 9, 2017

For Constipation "I have a lot to say as this stuff is great! It works all the time, anytime, lasts a very long time and even when you cut down on the dose once it starts working it will always work. Must take it everyday for a week or two for it too work! Never take it during the end of the day or it will drain you literally. Take it in the morning to noon. If you do these few simple things, in my opinion there is no pills better! Feels natural and a little goes a Long way. Most constipation pills make me feel horrible, and bloated, if your taking it as I said you wont get any of this. I have done all three! Best Product Ever."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

For Constipation "When I first used this product I was recommended by my doctor. They told me I had to take it indefinitely as I think I have sluggish bowls. They said it may take about a week to work. So I started taking it on a Monday, I felt it moving through but nothing happened. I told my family that it wasn't working. Well I took it every day until the next Monday, I went to class. I was in class and I was like I feel like I gotta poop. A few minutes later, man I do gotta poop, and then I was like oh crap I really got to go. I was scared there would be an explosion or runny. I went and so easy. Ever since that day it works, and I was like - I like this Stuff!"

Tabby1buddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

For Constipation "Ever since being pregnant with my son 3 years ago I've been plagued by stomach problems: gallbladder stones, bloating and constipation. I went a full month once with no bowel movement. Colace tablets were working fine until 3 weeks ago I wasn't going and having lots of stomach pain. Dr suggested Miralax. 4 days ago I took it and felt bloated, tired and headachey. Still no bowel movement so I took a Colace. The Miralax started finally working last night but it was the most painful bowel movement ever. 9hrs later I still feel like I need to go but now nothing happens when I do. Miralax did not soften bowel movements whatsoever. Very disappointed. I'm also on subutex so that doesn't help. I think I'll stick with Colace."

Jessalynn85 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

For Constipation "This stuff makes me poop every time I urinate. Once it kicks in, the effects last for several days. I have completely abnormal bowel movements. I can never get it all out, it just sits in my rectum, causing a great deal of "mishaps". I finally had to go and get an enema just so I could have an actual bowel movement and clear everything out, so to speak. I'll never use the stuff again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2017

For Constipation "It felt like I had a rock in my back that need to come out of my bottom part.. long story short when you are full of poop it hurts lol and you need to get that poop out!!! This is my first day taking Miralax and it started working on me in a couple of hours. I'm released and relieved.."

Dj103lo August 18, 2017

For Constipation "It works just fine for constipation I took it 3 times before in the past but the 4th time I took it which was a couple years ago my blood pressure dropped really low 81/48 felt tired all day not wanting to do anything would not recommend if you are on blood pressure medication too check with your doctor"

95222828283 July 7, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "This helps but after you take it and poop, etc. You may loose control of your bowels if you laugh or anything like that it will make you poop without wanting to."

Clwpinesause June 13, 2017

For Constipation "I have had to use this product a lot more than I'd like to admit. Over the last year I have gone through about 6 boxes of 12 if not more.... works in about 2 minutes for me so it works almost instantly which is why I love them so much however they only clean out the lower section of your bowel and not all your bowels. Which is good and bad. For severe constipation I'd recommend also taking an oral medication as well "

Bear92 (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

For Constipation "Miralax I have found to be very effective in producing bowel movements however I have IBS-C and it may be causing me more frequent bouts of nausea during the day as well as major bloating but not sure?"

Rickie L (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017