User Reviews for MiraLax

Learn more about MiraLax.

MiraLax Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 199 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for MiraLax to treat Constipation

"This stuff makes me poop every time I urinate. Once it kicks in, the effects last for several days. I have completely abnormal bowel movements. I can never get it all out, it just sits in my rectum, causing a great deal of "mishaps". I finally had to go and get an enema just so I could have an actual bowel movement and clear everything out, so to speak. I'll never use the stuff again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It felt like I had a rock in my back that need to come out of my bottom part.. long story short when you are full of poop it hurts lol and you need to get that poop out!!! This is my first day taking Miralax and it started working on me in a couple of hours. I'm released and relieved.."

Dj103lo August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It works just fine for constipation I took it 3 times before in the past but the 4th time I took it which was a couple years ago my blood pressure dropped really low 81/48 felt tired all day not wanting to do anything would not recommend if you are on blood pressure medication too check with your doctor"

95222828283 July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had to use this product a lot more than I'd like to admit. Over the last year I have gone through about 6 boxes of 12 if not more.... works in about 2 minutes for me so it works almost instantly which is why I love them so much however they only clean out the lower section of your bowel and not all your bowels. Which is good and bad. For severe constipation I'd recommend also taking an oral medication as well "

Bear92 (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Miralax I have found to be very effective in producing bowel movements however I have IBS-C and it may be causing me more frequent bouts of nausea during the day as well as major bloating but not sure?"

Rickie L (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started with very, very hard stool (Bristol Scale = 1) like mini-cannonballs. By the 3rd dose of MiraLax my stool was normal--just came sliding out without any strain on my part. I took a 4th daily dose to be sure, and I still feel good- so I'm going to stop now. No side effects except a minor grumbling in the stomach. I heartily recommend this medication to anyone suffering from hard stool."

Bobby S (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After taking a new medication for 10 days with no problem, once I titrated my dose to twice what I'd been taking, I ceased to poop. No poop other than a few "rabbit turds" here and there, for 6 days. On the 4th day of no poop, I took a dose of Miralax. On the 5th day, I took a dose in the AM and one in the PM, at bedtime. Same thing on the 6th day. Finally, I'd had enough waiting. I did the Dulculax/Miralax Colon Cleanse for Colonoscopy that is listed on many medical facility websites. I chose one with 4 tablets of Dulculax, followed a few hrs later by 8.3oz (approximately 14 doses) of Miralax dissolved into 64oz of Gatorade. It took 6 hrs after taking the Dulculax/nearly 2.5 hrs in of drinking the drink, for it to finally kick in. Whew!"

chitchatcatt (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"MiraLAX is working well but it takes to long to work."

StarWars producer 889736361208 May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have problems with chronic constipation and have tried various stool softeners and suppositories. Today, I took Miralax for the first time. It really cleaned me out. I will absolutely use it again."

Mrs. Mac April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have chronic constipation due to medications mainly my pain medications and I take miralax on occasion and it works but for me takes a full 3 days for it to kick in and get my bowels moving again. I recommend taking this as soon as you get constipated for some it works as soon as 12 hours. I've had no issues with Miralax and it works for me."

Dobie2016 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Loose bowels all the time, my stool smells horrible all."

Hoof March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take opiates every day, and a side effect of this is severe constipation. I would often go weeks without having a bowel movement. When I did go, it was painful and required a lot of work and time. I have tried other solutions and MiraLax is the best by far. I took one cap full every day and on the second day I had a small bowel movement. I kept taking it and the very next day I had the first normal bowel movement in years. No cramping, no straining and no pain. I cannot recommend MiraLax enough. It is so gentle, yet works so well! If you suffer with constipation don't suffer anymore! Try MiraLax!"

SnarkyJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started a new medication that made me extremely constipated, I could only go to the bathroom if I drank coffee. I decided to try this after not having a BM for 2 days and it did nothing. I tried it again the next morning and still nothing. On the 3rd day I bought the Dulcolax pink pills and took 2 (supposed to work in 6-12 hours)... 12 hours later and still nothing. At this point my stomach is so bloated and hurts pretty bad. I go by the store and get a glycerin suppository and that did the trick after about 30 seconds. I think I was just so backed up that nothing was working. After the first BM (it wasn't much) all of those laxatives started kicking in and giving me horrible cramps for 30 or so minutes. Finally emptied everything out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The Mirlax is really easy for me to use. Very effective. The reason for posting is I was wondering if there was a way for a person like myself who has used this puduct for many years... could have a more easier way of pouring it into a water bottle for example. Much like Crystal light packets but in a way so it does not copy Crystal light company's companies idea. Yet is still effective for people who have a hard time pouring the medicine themselves without making huge mess. Thank you very much."

MiraLAX user February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After several weeks of constipation (not that I was ever regular), my doctor had me try this. Ironically I'd just picked up a package of it. I took it around 5pm and had a bowel movement at 9am the following morning. I want several times after that. There was lots of tummy grumbling but no cramps to speak of. I did feel "off" the rest of the day but I believe that was due to a fever with the cold I was coming down with. Would definitely use this again."

Mrsknightly (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking MiraLax for 2 months now due to constipation and hemorrhoids such a blessing to me! Before MiraLax, I used a Docusate Sodium for 6 months and it stopped working for me which caused me to be constipated again and it was leading me to extreme depression. I used MiraLax and it has not let me down at all!!! I love it and I highly recommend this to anyone who is suffering from straining and constipation!!! Thank you MiraLax :)"

Jayy92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug was effective for me. I went through a bout of severe anxiety and panic for about 3 weeks. I lost 25 pounds and did not eat much of anything for 2 weeks. As a result, my digestive system basically shut down. When I began to eat again, I did not have a bowel movement for 15 days. I took a Dulcolax pill and had extreme cramping, dry heaving, full body sweats, and painful bowel movements where I needed to be close to a toilet all day. I went another 8 days without using the bathroom and I tried Miralax. I only took 1/4 of the dosage and within a day I had 3 bowel movements. I did have some minor cramping and I did sense an urgency to go and could not have held it, but it produced soft movements, not explosive painful ones."

J137B (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If your constipated it can take a couple days maybe even a week it all depends. . Keep taking it till you get a bowel movement and keep taking it if your someone who deals with constant constipation for whatever reason. I was on opiates for 10yrs unfortunately.. but some people need them but if you need them for life long pain then you better never plan on getting off them cuz you'll experience the worse thing in your life physically and mentally even when your clean you forever deal with severe depression/ anxiety along with body pain.. I ended up having to get on methadone cuz I couldn't handle being off opiates, so that also gets me constipated but I use this 1cap day havent been blocked up since! Stool softeners dont work, only miralax"

lovemykitties07 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My husband swears you will poop a paper clip from when you were 3 years old. He wouldn't be surprised if after this miracle drug, you happened to also see a lego in there. You won't be disappointed.It really works"

Mitber (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After major surgery in 2010 my doctor told me to start using Miralax. I have used it daily every day since then. I was told to never strain during a bm again. Along with is this I eat 25 grams of fiber in my cereal every morning, a serving of prunes (7), one 5 gram of fiber protein bar, 2 fiber capsules, and drink 6-8 glasses of water ever day and finish the day with an apple for the pectin. And I cannot stop any of these items or I have problems. I do not have any blockages and have a colonoscopy every 3 years. Miralax places an important part and my doctor has no issues with me continuing to take it."

dilr October 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had chronic constipation since I was four. It was so bad that I literally had to see a "poop doctor" until I was about 7. I started using Miralax whenever I was constipated at that point, and never once has it failed me. I once had a 2-week period of constipation, my worst period of time ever, so I began taking one capful twice a day. Two days later, I produced two toiletfuls of stool. It ached a bit afterwards, but the process was very, VERY quick and you could NOT believe how relieved and relaxed I felt afterwards. I'm in my late teen years now, and I still take it whenever I haven't gone for at least 3-4 days. It usually takes a day or two to work, but it's completely worth it."

Shortnsweet September 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After lower back surgery I was prescribed Oxycodone for pain and Diazepam ( Valium) for muscle spasms. The only problem is constipation,something that I had never experienced before. The instructions say that it may take up to 72 hours and this is how long it took to work for me. I was sceptical if it was going to work at all but it did. NO pain or any problems. I went easy the only thing the smell is hard to describe. Haha!!!. I took it twice a day on the advise of the nurse after the single dose didn't bring me any results the first day. Always ask your doctor for stuff like that even though it is an OTC remedy . Hope you feel better."

STELIOS September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just been on this for 2 days. Don't know if I'm gonna go but one cap=1000 facts!! If this can make me go without the pain I experienced with ex lax I'm all in :) Took xlax a week ago and 12 hrs later every inch of my body was sweating from my eyebrows to my Nuckles. I didn't know knuckles could sweat. After an hour of extreme pain and making baby Jesus all kinds of promises I finally went. I started the miralax the next day and I have not gone but I'm sure it's coming.... The problem with the gassy side effect is I work with one other person in an office. Who do you blame it on? Lol"

Nickatnit August 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started taking Miralax about a week ago. I didn't have it with me this last weekend, and I still went to the bathroom. I must say since I have been taking it, I have had a little cramping, this pretty much is the red flag saying time to use the restroom. I must be really constipated if this cramping if happening. But I'm going to keep taking it and see how I feel in a few weeks. So far I'm going to the restroom it's slowly moving out. Yeah! Miralax"

LQ August 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It worked!! Relief took 12 hours but it was gentle and no painful complications. Would rather wait than go through a very painful solution in a few hours. Thank you Miralax!!❤️❤️❤️"

Wendel Jay July 22, 2016