User Reviews for MiraLax

Learn more about MiraLax.

MiraLax Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 185 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for MiraLax to treat Constipation

"Just been on this for 2 days. Don't know if I'm gonna go but one cap=1000 facts!! If this can make me go without the pain I experienced with ex lax I'm all in :) Took xlax a week ago and 12 hrs later every inch of my body was sweating from my eyebrows to my Nuckles. I didn't know knuckles could sweat. After an hour of extreme pain and making baby Jesus all kinds of promises I finally went. I started the miralax the next day and I have not gone but I'm sure it's coming.... The problem with the gassy side effect is I work with one other person in an office. Who do you blame it on? Lol"

Nickatnit August 30, 2016

"Started taking Miralax about a week ago. I didn't have it with me this last weekend, and I still went to the bathroom. I must say since I have been taking it, I have had a little cramping, this pretty much is the red flag saying time to use the restroom. I must be really constipated if this cramping if happening. But I'm going to keep taking it and see how I feel in a few weeks. So far I'm going to the restroom it's slowly moving out. Yeah! Miralax"

LQ August 2, 2016

"It worked!! Relief took 12 hours but it was gentle and no painful complications. Would rather wait than go through a very painful solution in a few hours. Thank you Miralax!!❤️❤️❤️"

Wendel Jay July 22, 2016

"I take Miralax every day and have for about six months, per my doctor. I have an abdominal hernia, inoperable. My complaint is your new POUR SPOUT. I HATE IT WITH A PASSION. My last purchase did not have that feature and it was a real pleasure. Why in the world did you think that would be a good addition to the bottle? I wish you would stop that and go back to just the regular bottle. Miralax is my God send. I have a lot of problems with my bowels and this helps me greatly. I have recommended Miralax to my friends. Surprisingly, some already use it. That is my say for today. Sally Wiese"

Picklelady July 21, 2016

"Miralax was a lifesaver for me. I was nearly hospitalized because constipation had caused aspiration pneumonitis and greatly worsened my GERD and asthma. I was losing weight, though I was already underweight, because I couldn't eat many meals, and I was also having chronic moderate/severe abdominal pain. The miralax worked amazingly for me, although it took some time (a week, 2 capfuls 2x daily, though now I do 2 once a day). My brother experienced problems with it though. He started with 1 capful and was vomiting all night. However, he went to ½ capful and slowly titrated up to 2, and now PRN Overall: Highly effective, but variable side effect profile. Insurance only covered bc I was taking such large doses, otherwise they will not."

jtahsuda4 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2016

"I had been feeling very bloated and had a lot of pain over the past months. So much so it landed me in the ER. Xrays showed I was backed up. So much my Dr said flat out I was full of $h1t. She perscribed this stuff and it made my stomach growl and groan. Several hours later it hit me. It was like a freakin soft serve ice cream parlor. The smell was something wicked. All in all it worked. I will continue to use this miracle powder."

Sir Poop-A-Lot July 11, 2016

"I have had dry stools for years and have tried everything under the sun-natural and over the counter products- with no success. This has been an absolute life saver. No side effects and worked within 2 days."

Nicky12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

"I just need some stability in my life. If I can't get that from a laxitive, where can I? I tried this several weeks ago for 5 days with no results, so I ended up taking Dulcolax pink tabs and almost got myself hospitalized from those little pink tablets of hellfire. My doctor advised I try Miralax everyday to keep things moving, so I tried again. 3 days/doses later, I began cramping after dose 3 and moved my bowels 8 times in 6 hours with much vomiting. Very different experiences from one person."

Throwing up sucks. June 12, 2016

"I was lulled into a false sense about this drug by my doctor and reviews which said it would work over several days and help me have a natural bowel movement. This is not my current experience. I haven't had a real bowel movement in 9 days, which is the first time in my life this has happened. I have some health issues and have been eating 400-600 calories per day. I took the miralax at 7pm assuming nothing would happen for a few days. At 9:15 abdominal pain, cramping, running to the bathroom. Sweating bullets through my clothes and feeling incredibly nauseous, it took a while but it started working. Almost 2 hours later I am hoping the worst is over. It was effective because it is working, but be aware it CAN work fast and feel terrible"

CBar12345 May 26, 2016

"I hadn't had a "satisfying" bowel movement for weeks. Just a little bit here and there. I weight lift and monitor my calories and weight so I knew the constipation was getting serious when my weight was up by at least 5 lbs despite being on a "cutting" diet. I took miralax over two days (two doses total )- and wow, it really worked. Once I went to the bathroom, it was like a floodgate opened (sorry for the graphic description). But it came out firm yet soft. I had no painful urgency or side effects, just a natural urge to go. The only negative side effect I had was painless gas. Lots of it. But totally worth getting back to a regular state. I'm going to keep taking this for a few more days just to make sure I get back to regularity."

JGizzle May 8, 2016

"Had to take a higher dosage for a few day's before it started working. It is working great now. Really easy to take."

Champ1956 March 10, 2016

"It actually works really well for me. Especially when I was an opiates user and didn't take any laxatives my stools were so hard and big that I would resist going as long as I could because I was so afraid of the pain. On average I wouldn't go for 2 to 3 weeks and there was once I didn't go for 2 months and had to go to the er. I'm now taking a medicine to get off opiates called methodone and my bowel movements aren't nearly as painful but still give me problems. After taking miralax my bowels motions would come out with absolutely no pain but if you don't do it everyday it will keep happening"

Zzvvv March 1, 2016

"I had to go to the ER due to horrible stomach pains and was told I was 'plugged up' and needed laxatives. The ER doctor prescribed me Miralax and so far it's done nothing. Literally. It's been the three days they speak of on the back of the bottle, and I still can't go properly. I've been guzzling water like crazy, and not only does that make me nauseous (plain water is so freaking gross) and apple juice. I was told by the ER doc to take it once a day, then I called an gastroenterologist and she told me to take it at least 4 times a day. We'll see, but so far this product has done nothing for me."

ButtHurt (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

"I have IBS-C and over the years, have tried just about every laxative out there. My doctor prescribed me Miralax in 2008 and I took it daily until 2014. This is a very gentle laxative that can take several days to work. It's completely flavorless. The only side effects I noticed were minor bloating and gas. Eventually, my body got used to it and Miralax stopped working. But for six years, it was painless, dependable therapy that I was grateful to have."

Serene Celine (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

"Awesome! Works great! Stop waiting and go to the store. This product is a lifesaver. Works without getting gas, cramps. Tastes like water. Simply the best! "

Jason Covey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

"I am constipated due to 6 auto-immune diseases and all the medications I have to take. It was first time I ever needed this type of medication. I have a high tolerance level but something told me to try a half dose. I can say it 100% worked and worked too well, quick too. I would make sure I have a night with the only plan is to take care of myself."

greycie (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

"Be patient -- it may take a couple of days -- but you will get results. Follow the instructions and take your capful each day in a liquid drink -- I use apple juice. I absolutely cannot taste any difference. You will feel the urge and there is absolutely no straining. It is a miracle OTC remedy!"

Whosure December 4, 2015

"My grand daughter is four she was born with a birth defect and has chronic constipation we tried prune juice when she was a baby it only worked for a little bit . Then she got sent to a G.I doctor and he said try miralax and give her a whole packet. She has been on it since she was about a year and a half and it works great for her . She will have to be on it for a while. She had to learn how to recognize her systems and when to go to the bathroom and with this medicine she is doing awesome .. I hope that she won't have to be on it for life . Thank you miralax"

Anonymous in idaho November 18, 2015

"I'm a 24yr old that recently had back surgery. They had me on tons of medications, of course, one being a stool softener because a lot of medicine intake tends to make one constipated. Well, the stool softer that I had to take twice daily didn't work one bit. I got so bloated and had some serious stomach pains, that I finally decided to try a laxative (never having tried one before, I was alittle intimidated). Now, before injuring myself and having the surgery, my BMs were extremely regular: once a day. After that, I was rarely going. When I tried Miralax it worked within the hour of drinking it in some ginger ale! I felt SO MUCH BETTER! It makes your stomach gurgle and gives slight cramps, but worth it in the long run!"

Works Great (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

"The product works great, however the new packaging is not user friendly. Please bring back the old bottle design and remove that plastic insert in the bottle opening that suposedly helps to pour the product,indeed it does not, its makes a huge mess while pouring. New does not always mean better"

zebbadoo September 5, 2015

"I had miralax after a surgery last week. I took it once daily, it didn't produce a bowel movement for 6 days but when it did the stool was soft and came out without straining which is good because I had open heart surgery. I will continue to take it until I am off of the pain medication which last time I was on it caused a horrendously painful softball size poop."

StephXD (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015

"I have Small Cell Cervical Cancer, a very rare cancer with an aggressive form of treatment. I had to undergo an intense amount of chemo and radiation therapy which was aimed directly at my bowels due to the field of treatment. This being said I had a lot of cells that died off in my GI tract with all treatments. I also developed an internal hemorrhoid that literally has been HELL for the last 3/4 months. Miralax has been the ONLY thing to help cure this dreadful pain during bowel movements and keeps them coming loosely every morning! This is a hugely successful. Anyone who has ever suffered from hemorrhoids during cancer treatment to that area (impossible for it to heal & miralax made it possible!) THANK YOU!!"

Tough in Teal July 27, 2015

"I've suffered from chronic constipation my entire 42 years on earth. I could easily go 3-4 weeks without having a BM. That is not healthy and certainly NOT normal. I was deployed to Africa last fall and knew I would be in a world of hurt if I didn't get something to take with me. Laxatives/stool softeners never worked so I grabbed a bottle of Miralax to try. I am so very glad I did. This product saved my life and allowed me to focus on the mission (treating Ebola infected healthcare personnel) rather than becoming a patient myself because of severe abdominal pain. I am able to have a BM several times a day now without pain or abdominal discomfort at all. My doctor has given me a prescription for it which makes it even better."

Finally! July 21, 2015

"I hadn't had a BM in over a week and took this and I was able to go within a few hours. Not sure if it really worked or if it was just from drinking more water but I think Miralax helped a little! Will use again if needed!"

Vivian N June 26, 2015

"I was diagnosed with IBS-C and chronic constipation about two years ago. The doctor simply wrote me off with a prescription that didn't work. Tired of tons of prescriptions that didn't help me go and gave me have horrible symptoms, I ventured out on my own and drastically changed my diet but even that didn't work! Finally I tried Miralax because it was the only thing left and my doctor kept urging me to. I am so glad I did! I go two to three times a day and have normal stool. Sometimes my stool is on the runnier side or I get stomach cramps before a bowel movement but I am very happy with this product! It dissolves very well in any kind of drink. I recommend people to try it and give it about two weeks to work. Also, drink your water!"

Baxt June 4, 2015