User Reviews for Plecanatide

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
6.6

Reviews for Plecanatide

HarrisonMckinley · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 14, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “It has been a long journey and not all that successful. One of the biggest problems is that the pill can take several hours to work. Once in awhile the pill does zip. My past GI doctor was not friendly and boarding on rude. I am going to a new GI doctor/practice because I need a fresh start. I follow a Fodmat diet. When I do take the pill I feel like I am confined to my house. Something has to happen soon. I have no words of encouragement to share at this point.”

YairiAlvarez · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “Works well. However, my prescription Part D coverage insurer doesn't cover it. $500.00/mo. is a bit steep. That's $6000.00/yr. just so you can have a bowel motion. The Pharmaceutical Companies are only interested in the dollars.”

BJB · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “I have IBS with primary constipation. I've been dealing with this for most of my life. I would normally only have a bowel movement once or twice a week. Sometimes, I may go up to 2 weeks without being able to move my bowels. I've been taking trulance for the past month. Since then, I've had a bowel movement every day except for one. If you've experienced chronic constipation, you know that this is practically miraculous. You may have some issues though. You have to be extremely careful with passing gas. Taking this medication, I've had accidents twice when I thought I just needed to pass a little gas. So, that's definitely worth considering when you're thinking about side effects. For me, it's worth it.”

Fixd · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “I tried everything over the counter and from health food stores. I tried changing my diet and followed my Doctor's advice. Nothing worked. I tried Linzess, Amitizia, Motergrity (absolute worst ) and nothing worked. Then I tried Trulance. I haven't been this regular in 20 years. I had minor side effects when I first started. They were an acidic feeling in my esophagus but it went away. I have no other side effects and it works perfectly! It is a miracle drug!!!”

Barrobb February 15, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “This is the ONLY thing that has ever worked to give me bowel movements that I have never experienced in the 64 years of my life!!!❣️ I can’t believe what is coming out of my bowels...it’s amazing, such a complete full elimination with one pill a day, I now have a bowel movement everyday! It was not unusual for me to go 2 weeks without a bowel movement, and I would be drinking OTC powder drinks, prune juice, veggies, suppositories, etc within that two weeks just praying for a “pellet poop”! I was given a 2 week sample pac from my gastroenterologist, best 2 weeks I will never know this relief again in my years left on this earth unless a generic is released!”

Angie · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “I have been taking the medicine for two weeks. First of all, I read all reviews on the medication before taking it so I could get a good idea of what others were experiencing. I began taking the medication at night with a full glass of water. The first night was a very long night. I hadn't had a BM in 6 days. The very first dose the medication worked within 3 hours followed by 3 hours of going back and forth to the bathroom. Since then it works with in 2 hours and about 45 minutes going back and forth to the bathroom. Each morning I take some emergen-c to help restore electrolytes and I sip on water throughout the day. I currently take a multivitamin and I have not experienced any dehydration. Give the drug a try for a few days and see if it works for you. This medication is a game changer for me. I even sleep better at night.”

JLB · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I have been on Linzess for several years with occasional diarrhea, but not painful. It has worked very well for me. My insurance company recently required I try Trulance for 3 months. I am just starting on my 3rd month and I can count on one hand the number of days I have not had explosive diarrhea. Within about 2 hours of taking it my guts start grumbling & rolling, followed by cramping, then usually 2 or 3 trips to the bathroom within a couple hours time period. I have had hemorrhoids swell up and bleeding at one point it was so bad. My next biggest complaint would have to be the packaging! It’s ridiculous, almost impossible to pull the insert out without ripping it open.”

Tomanydays January 24, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “I have dealt with constipation my whole life. Not having a BM for 5-6 days was normal for me. Finally a day came when I didn't go for 10 days, despite trying every OTC drug. I was prescribed Linzess and had an allergic reaction. I was prescribed Motegrity and it made me very dizzy. I was given samples of Trulance, and it works great. I usually have a BM every day I take it. I am taking it every other day right now. I am sorry to hear other people's stories of excessive outcomes. It works well for me.”

Shep · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I am on my fourth month. When I first started taking this Trulance medication, I was scared. Like a lot of others, the rumbles start happening soon within an hour. For the next 6 hours, I have to remain vigilant about the bathroom. For me it ranges from explosive to streaming liquid. This cycle can get exhausting so I will admit that I won't take it every day. There are few times where the medication won't seem to work. There might be some grumblings, but no passing. I attribute this to a few things: 1. Lack of water. You have to drink a lot of water throughout the day with this medication. 2. Bad diet. A lot of us have to accept the fact that we shouldn't be eating greasy foods, large meals, or drinking alcohol anymore. 3. I personally need to take this during the day. If I lay down after taking it, that only challenges my bowels even more. I will keep taking Trulance while working on my diet and hydration.”

At Witt's End · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “Would love to try the drug for my condition, but $267.00 to $289.00 a month is way too much to pay for a prescription, even for a woman with 3 jobs and hardly any time off. The cost of prescriptions is ridiculous these days. I guess I will see if I can get it from some other country and have it shipped here. Pharmaceutical companies should be ashamed of themselves.”

SAL · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I have been diagnosed and struggling with IBS for over 25 yrs and recently started taking Linzess for about a year then it no longer worked so I tried samples of Amitzia which worked but my insurance denied the Rx, I started seeing a GI doc who prescribed Trulance and for the first 7 days I had no result, I went to the ER complaining of 3 weeks of constipation, got a x-ray and CT scan which showed no stool in my intestine. That was $125 copay wasted. Three days later I started having diarrhea constantly, bottom was sore and I was exhausted from sitting on the toilet and not able to go to bed. Trulance works better for me when I take it after I eat, an hour later I have good bowel movements and regularly since taking the medication. I pray it continues to work.”

Anonymous February 16, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “I have suffered with chronic constipation for most of my life and I am 34 . I have tried laxatives, increasing water fiber, changed my diet . Also I have taken Lactulose and Linzess. Linzess was worked but really dehydrated me it was a flood of water with most of my bowel movements. Trulence is much more gentle although I do get diarrhea with every bowel movement which I’m fine with . I have been taking Trulence for 2 years and I has really helped me. I take it 3 - 4 days a week because it works within a hour to a few hours. I take it on the days I want to have a bowel movement. I haven’t had any side effects that I have noticed during the time I have take the medicine. I have been able to maintain my weight and loose a bit over the last two years with diet and exercise.”

Balevia · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “Giving birth (that what pooing feels like to me), so to speak is no fun! So, I decided to have a talk with my doctor about my inability to consume enough water each day to keep me regular and Trulance helped me stop giving birth and having an unpleasant experience. Life is good.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 3, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “This medication has been life changing for me. I’ve had multiple colonoscopies and tried every drug (both prescription and non-prescription) you could find. I’ve been on Trulance for over a year now. For me, I’ve discovered it works best taking the medication before bed with a glass of water, so it works over night. On occasion, I’ve experienced mild diarrhea but I would take that over constipation any day! Other then that, no side effects at all! I would highly recommend Trulance to anyone suffering! It really has changed my life.”

deaffiddler · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “An absolute miracle. Don't let the negative reviews scare you. I am highly intolerable of laxatives in all forms but I found if I split the pill and take it every other day it works perfectly. No multi trips to the bathroom no pain or nausea from it. Some grumbling after 30 minutes then within two hours complete evacuation and total relief!! The pill crumples easy when split so use a pill splitter.”

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “So an update from my review yesterday. I took half a pill yesterday having just been given samples. It took like 6 hours to kick in. I had to do an enema to get the ball rolling but as soon as I did I passed everything I've eaten in 30 years! Yippee. Relief! I took a half today and worked in 2 hours. Zero pain mild bloat and mild cramping and full relief. I had three trips to the toilet and pretty much nothing left now. Half a pill is worth the try for anyone who can't handle a whole pill. Seem to clear out within an hour or two then can go about my life. Good luck guys!”

Healthy tummy August 23, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “Trulance changed my life. I tried taking Amitiza and ended up in the ER. I also tried Linzess, it did work for awhile but my BMs weren't consistent. I work for a local hospital and one of the Doctors gave me Trulance to try and all I can say is life is good. Consistent, complete emptying of my bowels daily. I feel so great!”

Wendy August 17, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I’ve had IBS-C for about 5 years now. They started me on Linzess and I have taken all the types of doses it comes in and even though it worked it made me still spend way more time in the bathroom due to constant diarrhea, almost so bad I couldn’t hold it in. After years of running to the bathroom all day everyday or sitting in bed in pain from not taking it they put me on trulance. At first it took a while to come around as I thought it was worse than Linzess or didn’t work, but after giving it more time I realized I mostly only have one or two good movements a day that don’t cause pain and I can even skip it for a day and mostly still have a good movement on the skipped day. My only complaint is that sometimes it seems to move a bit too fast for my track and I have pale diarrhea which after all my testing the drs say is that side effect. I would really recommend but just advise to give it time because it definitely didn’t start well for me but has now become my life saver.”

Aviator · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “Started this last year and the first 2 weeks were rough. I'd get gurgling sensations in my stomach each time I took it, along with bloating, gas, and diarrhea for a couple hours. BUT my GI warned me that it could happen, and to give my body time to adjust. After 2 weeks the gurgling stopped. Diarrhea turned into 1-2 times a day, and since then, I am having regular bowel movements. No side effects. The only exception is when I eat certain types of food (normally greasy or high in fat). I notice that a have 1 or 2 loose bowel movements the following day. Having IBS with constipation, this was the only medicine that was able to keep me regular. I used to go 5-6 days without going. I was in pain, backed up, bloated and had no life because I always felt terrible. Not anymore. I know some people can't handle the diarrhea, but I promise you, it is normal at first, but you have to give it a chance, beyond just a couple days.”

chris March 2, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “Feel like it works a little better then Linzess. 1 pharmacy ran my first rx I guess with a coupon and with my insurance and the 30 day supply was $50.29. Quite pricy but desperate so paid it. Now a second pharmacy using my exact same insurance and a coupon says it is going to be $80 for a 30 day supply. I don’t get it and I am so tired that I don’t even care anymore. I figure if my intestines get obstructed and/or perforate I only have a $200 copay for surgery, so I'll just wait for that to happen cuz it’s easier and more affordable. Thanks for nothing drug companies....”

The happiest human alive · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2017

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “For 12 years I have struggled with severe constipation. My body laughed at laxatives, and enemas. Nothing worked and I went to the hospital more times than I can count because of it. Two weeks ago I went 16 days without passing anything, a new record for me. My OB sent me to my fourth GI Dr (I'm pregnant) and she gave me two weeks of samples of Trulance. She said this was new and approved for pregnancy. She also said a period of diarrhea was likely but to stick it through and see if it works before giving up. Its only been 3 days and today I had my first full, perfect consistency bowel movement in over a decade and I actually cried. I've been waiting for this breakthrough for so so long.”

gingergal00 January 13, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “This medicine is supposed to be taken every day. With the approval from my doctor I take it twice a week. This medicine typically takes anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours to kick in. Get up at 4AM and take it with a full glass of water. I work at 9AM from home so my bowel movements are typically done then. Be prepared to be at home for 4-6 hours. Occasionally do I have abdominal pain from the medicine. Starts with some solid poo and then changes to diarrhea. I typically go diarrhea around 5-7 times that morning. My side effects on good days are just diarrhea. HOWEVER, I have a bad day at least every other week where the medicine makes me so sick and weak. It makes my chest feel really weak and my body. I typically stay somewhat dizzy throughout the day and can get headaches. Regardless of these episodes for me the medicine is still worth it, to not be living in constant horrific pain from bowel movements and constipation.”

Forever healthy October 16, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “I’m 45 years old and I was in total stress after this covid 19 I worked in a hospital and not time to sit on toilet all day after eating , went to Dr and gave Trulance it is working good but I just take 1/2 cuz it is very strong for me 3 mg but so far I’m feeling good I don’t have that feeling that I have to sit on toilet like an 1 hr and I take this in the morning before starting my day . It’s working good so far”

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “I started taking Trulance after dinner and within the hour, it worked. I was so excited! I've tried so many meds in the past 20 years and none helped like this pill. I didn't have any pain n BM was not explosive like Linzess.”

A · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “I was irregular for my entire life. I once went 12 days without a bowel motion. Everything I tried did not work until trulance. I've been on it for almost a year. I will say that it took a few months before I figured a few things out. I needed to stop taking probiotics and increase my water intake. I've read other people's reviews about trulance not working m. Don't let that scare you off, it can work for you, just give it some time.”

Penelope · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I’ve been taking this medicine for a month now (3mg). The first time I took it, I had a whale call from my insides and had explosive diarrhea for about an hour. I knew that it was a side effect and that it could go away with time. No. Three weeks later and still the same thing. I take the pill and within 20-60 minutes, I get the squirts normally around 10 times. I do feel clear and less bloated, but I am scared to take it on days I have a meeting, will be traveling, will be going outside, etc. Basically- I don’t want to squirt in my pants! This stuff I have no control when the urge hits. And the pain that comes with squirting pure stomach acid is so much to handle. It’s not always acid, but it is at least 1 out of 5 times. I have acid reflux but I would have that if I took the meds or not. Lord help us”

Nicki · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 28, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “I’ve tried Trulance on and off for a few months due to intolerable side effects I’ve had to take breaks. Unable to go to bathroom with out it I become very sick so I go back on. Side effects are: Complete exhaustion, listless, apathy, depression with some really dark thoughts, mostly because I can’t function much and I find this intolerable. I have diarrhea, feel very warm, terrible rashes, and disorientation. Basically making some existing condition worse. But, I can move bowels. Lately has been acting like a laxative. A few weeks ago, normalized my BM’s. There’s more.., but for now that’s it. I don’t know where to turn next. I think I’ve tried everything over a lifetime. Thanks for listening.”

NurseKT December 17, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide) for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: “I really enjoy this medication. I have had IBS With chronic constipation for years. I would be so constipated that I would end up feeling ill for days on end, as well as lethargic from all the toxins built up in my colon. Trulance has been the only medication that has worked for me. I take it every few days and each time I take a dose within two hours I go 2-3 times. I am amazed at the relief I feel and also the control I feel like I have again in my life by not being dictated by laxatives . I highly recommend giving this medication a shot. I take my dose in the AM with my coffee and a full glass of water, on my days off from work and within two hours I go. I do feel like it makes me a little tired but I will take that over feeling so sick and debilitated . I do take it on my day off because when it’s time I do have to go straight to the bathroom with maybe 5 minutes to spare- but that only lasts a few hours then. I have the rest of my day back.”