User Reviews for Plecanatide to treat Chronic Idiopathic Constipation

Also known as: Trulance

Plecanatide has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 148 ratings for the treatment of Chronic Idiopathic Constipation. 45% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 34% reported a negative effect.

Plecanatide Rating Summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Idiopathic Constipation.

Reviews for Plecanatide

Fixd · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide): “I tried everything over the counter and from health food stores. I tried changing my diet and followed my Doctor's advice. Nothing worked. I tried Linzess, Amitizia, Motergrity (absolute worst ) and nothing worked. Then I tried Trulance. I haven't been this regular in 20 years. I had minor side effects when I first started. They were an acidic feeling in my esophagus but it went away. I have no other side effects and it works perfectly! It is a miracle drug!!!”

Barrobb February 15, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide): “This is the ONLY thing that has ever worked to give me bowel movements that I have never experienced in the 64 years of my life!!!❣️ I can’t believe what is coming out of my bowels...it’s amazing, such a complete full elimination with one pill a day, I now have a bowel movement everyday! It was not unusual for me to go 2 weeks without a bowel movement, and I would be drinking OTC powder drinks, prune juice, veggies, suppositories, etc within that two weeks just praying for a “pellet poop”! I was given a 2 week sample pac from my gastroenterologist, best 2 weeks I will never know this relief again in my years left on this earth unless a generic is released!”

Tomanydays January 24, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide): “I have dealt with constipation my whole life. Not having a BM for 5-6 days was normal for me. Finally a day came when I didn't go for 10 days, despite trying every OTC drug. I was prescribed Linzess and had an allergic reaction. I was prescribed Motegrity and it made me very dizzy. I was given samples of Trulance, and it works great. I usually have a BM every day I take it. I am taking it every other day right now. I am sorry to hear other people's stories of excessive outcomes. It works well for me.”

Angie · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide): “I have been taking the medicine for two weeks. First of all, I read all reviews on the medication before taking it so I could get a good idea of what others were experiencing. I began taking the medication at night with a full glass of water. The first night was a very long night. I hadn't had a BM in 6 days. The very first dose the medication worked within 3 hours followed by 3 hours of going back and forth to the bathroom. Since then it works with in 2 hours and about 45 minutes going back and forth to the bathroom. Each morning I take some emergen-c to help restore electrolytes and I sip on water throughout the day. I currently take a multivitamin and I have not experienced any dehydration. Give the drug a try for a few days and see if it works for you. This medication is a game changer for me. I even sleep better at night.”

At Witt's End · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide): “Would love to try the drug for my condition, but $267.00 to $289.00 a month is way too much to pay for a prescription, even for a woman with 3 jobs and hardly any time off. The cost of prescriptions is ridiculous these days. I guess I will see if I can get it from some other country and have it shipped here. Pharmaceutical companies should be ashamed of themselves.”

Anonymous February 16, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide): “I have suffered with chronic constipation for most of my life and I am 34 . I have tried laxatives, increasing water fiber, changed my diet . Also I have taken Lactulose and Linzess. Linzess was worked but really dehydrated me it was a flood of water with most of my bowel movements. Trulence is much more gentle although I do get diarrhea with every bowel movement which I’m fine with . I have been taking Trulence for 2 years and I has really helped me. I take it 3 - 4 days a week because it works within a hour to a few hours. I take it on the days I want to have a bowel movement. I haven’t had any side effects that I have noticed during the time I have take the medicine. I have been able to maintain my weight and loose a bit over the last two years with diet and exercise.”

Bill · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide): “I used this medication yesterday and it made me extremely ill. I have chronic constipation but Metamucil usually give me good relief. My doctor recommended I try trulance and it was a big mistake. I had severe stomach cramps within two hours and then had severe diarrhea for at least four hours. I also became nauseated within this time. I thought that trulance was advertised to work differently than a laxative but it does not. It’s effects were worse than the strongest laxative I have ever taken. The effects were most comparable to a stomach virus. Think hard and beware before you use this medication.”

Balevia · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide): “Giving birth (that what pooing feels like to me), so to speak is no fun! So, I decided to have a talk with my doctor about my inability to consume enough water each day to keep me regular and Trulance helped me stop giving birth and having an unpleasant experience. Life is good.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 3, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide): “This medication has been life changing for me. I’ve had multiple colonoscopies and tried every drug (both prescription and non-prescription) you could find. I’ve been on Trulance for over a year now. For me, I’ve discovered it works best taking the medication before bed with a glass of water, so it works over night. On occasion, I’ve experienced mild diarrhea but I would take that over constipation any day! Other then that, no side effects at all! I would highly recommend Trulance to anyone suffering! It really has changed my life.”

Healthy tummy August 23, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide): “Trulance changed my life. I tried taking Amitiza and ended up in the ER. I also tried Linzess, it did work for awhile but my BMs weren't consistent. I work for a local hospital and one of the Doctors gave me Trulance to try and all I can say is life is good. Consistent, complete emptying of my bowels daily. I feel so great!”

The happiest human alive · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2017

Trulance (plecanatide): “For 12 years I have struggled with severe constipation. My body laughed at laxatives, and enemas. Nothing worked and I went to the hospital more times than I can count because of it. Two weeks ago I went 16 days without passing anything, a new record for me. My OB sent me to my fourth GI Dr (I'm pregnant) and she gave me two weeks of samples of Trulance. She said this was new and approved for pregnancy. She also said a period of diarrhea was likely but to stick it through and see if it works before giving up. Its only been 3 days and today I had my first full, perfect consistency bowel movement in over a decade and I actually cried. I've been waiting for this breakthrough for so so long.”

BJB · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide): “I have IBS with primary constipation. I've been dealing with this for most of my life. I would normally only have a bowel movement once or twice a week. Sometimes, I may go up to 2 weeks without being able to move my bowels. I've been taking trulance for the past month. Since then, I've had a bowel movement every day except for one. If you've experienced chronic constipation, you know that this is practically miraculous. You may have some issues though. You have to be extremely careful with passing gas. Taking this medication, I've had accidents twice when I thought I just needed to pass a little gas. So, that's definitely worth considering when you're thinking about side effects. For me, it's worth it.”

chris March 2, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide): “Feel like it works a little better then Linzess. 1 pharmacy ran my first rx I guess with a coupon and with my insurance and the 30 day supply was $50.29. Quite pricy but desperate so paid it. Now a second pharmacy using my exact same insurance and a coupon says it is going to be $80 for a 30 day supply. I don’t get it and I am so tired that I don’t even care anymore. I figure if my intestines get obstructed and/or perforate I only have a $200 copay for surgery, so I'll just wait for that to happen cuz it’s easier and more affordable. Thanks for nothing drug companies....”

Nicki · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 28, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide): “I’ve tried Trulance on and off for a few months due to intolerable side effects I’ve had to take breaks. Unable to go to bathroom with out it I become very sick so I go back on. Side effects are: Complete exhaustion, listless, apathy, depression with some really dark thoughts, mostly because I can’t function much and I find this intolerable. I have diarrhea, feel very warm, terrible rashes, and disorientation. Basically making some existing condition worse. But, I can move bowels. Lately has been acting like a laxative. A few weeks ago, normalized my BM’s. There’s more.., but for now that’s it. I don’t know where to turn next. I think I’ve tried everything over a lifetime. Thanks for listening.”

A · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide): “I was irregular for my entire life. I once went 12 days without a bowel motion. Everything I tried did not work until trulance. I've been on it for almost a year. I will say that it took a few months before I figured a few things out. I needed to stop taking probiotics and increase my water intake. I've read other people's reviews about trulance not working m. Don't let that scare you off, it can work for you, just give it some time.”

deaffiddler · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide): “An absolute miracle. Don't let the negative reviews scare you. I am highly intolerable of laxatives in all forms but I found if I split the pill and take it every other day it works perfectly. No multi trips to the bathroom no pain or nausea from it. Some grumbling after 30 minutes then within two hours complete evacuation and total relief!! The pill crumples easy when split so use a pill splitter.”

SW · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide): “I have dealt with Chronic Idiopathic Constipation for years. Only thing that worked was Dulcolax..and that causes crazy diarrhea. I had awful stomach bloating to the point people though I was pregnant. The instant I ate, I would feel swelling , my bra got tighter, my wedding ring would cut into me...etc. I was given 4 week supply of Trulance by by dr. The results are...I no longer bloat and have stomach pain and knots. I’m not scared to eat anymore. The bowel movements are here and there. Before it was maybe once in 2 weeks. Now it’s maybe 2 in one week. I am going to keep taking this just for the comfort of eating.”

NurseKT December 17, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide): “I really enjoy this medication. I have had IBS With chronic constipation for years. I would be so constipated that I would end up feeling ill for days on end, as well as lethargic from all the toxins built up in my colon. Trulance has been the only medication that has worked for me. I take it every few days and each time I take a dose within two hours I go 2-3 times. I am amazed at the relief I feel and also the control I feel like I have again in my life by not being dictated by laxatives . I highly recommend giving this medication a shot. I take my dose in the AM with my coffee and a full glass of water, on my days off from work and within two hours I go. I do feel like it makes me a little tired but I will take that over feeling so sick and debilitated . I do take it on my day off because when it’s time I do have to go straight to the bathroom with maybe 5 minutes to spare- but that only lasts a few hours then. I have the rest of my day back.”

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide): “I started taking Trulance after dinner and within the hour, it worked. I was so excited! I've tried so many meds in the past 20 years and none helped like this pill. I didn't have any pain n BM was not explosive like Linzess.”

Forever healthy October 16, 2020

Trulance (plecanatide): “I’m 45 years old and I was in total stress after this covid 19 I worked in a hospital and not time to sit on toilet all day after eating , went to Dr and gave Trulance it is working good but I just take 1/2 cuz it is very strong for me 3 mg but so far I’m feeling good I don’t have that feeling that I have to sit on toilet like an 1 hr and I take this in the morning before starting my day . It’s working good so far”

Rebecca-11 September 26, 2017

Trulance (plecanatide): “This is a life changer for me, I've had issues since I was a teen and I'm in my early 40's now. I honestly thought that was normal. :/ You have to hang in there, as the first 1-2 days can be loose & uncomfortable but honestly I was just thankful I was just going & glad I was at home. After day 2 I finally had a normal movement and I cried as I finally felt non-toxic. I felt lighter & honestly after a week my energy started to increase. I think when you only could go maybe once every two weeks (and it was painful) this is a miracle substance. I am pretty normalized now to once every day & just hope it continues. I'm on my second month now & I literally take first thing in the morning if I don't I have issues.”

YairiAlvarez · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2021

Trulance (plecanatide): “Works well. However, my prescription Part D coverage insurer doesn't cover it. $500.00/mo. is a bit steep. That's $6000.00/yr. just so you can have a bowel motion. The Pharmaceutical Companies are only interested in the dollars.”

TW · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2019

Trulance (plecanatide): “I have tried everything Phillips pills, Linzess, Almatiza, tea tree root, Milk of Mag a whole year. Miralax also it worked but, bloated me and didn't empty my bowels. I have UC so fiber is out of the question. Trulance works great I don't have the diarrhea people talk about but, do go about 3-4x a day. But, not bad like having pooping on myself. You feel small cramps just go to restroom. Only reason I didn't give a 10 it does flare up hemorrhoids so have to use cream everyday. But, I do not care at this point Ill buy a case from Amazon if needed. Also have gastritis so not looking bloated/ pregnant I love it.”

Californialuv · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2017

Trulance (plecanatide): “After going maybe once a week for the past 10+ years I came upon this from my GI. I literally think I pooped 10+ years out. I could not believe the smell and color however; after an hour going...finally I instantly felt better, my stomach wasn't bloated, I felt lighter and happier. I slept better and I even look better and have more energy. Not going #2 consistently for years really took a toll on me and I didn't realize how bad until I tried trulance and saw and felt a big shift . Mind you for the first few days take it when you are home for the night because you will need to go, go, go. But the go go go was so amazing. I literally think it's getting all of that built up sludge out then once it's gone it will just maintain your system.”

AlphaMike · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2018

Trulance (plecanatide): “This medicine is working very well for me. I have gastroparesis due to a connective tissue disorder and have issues with becoming severely backed up. For years I have been using magnesium, flax seed oil, Senna+, and occasionally enemas when it is an emergency. It's been a constant battle. I've been using Trulance for a week and am having productive BMs daily and it feels like a miracle. I take it at night before bed. I did have one instance where it worked "too well" at 3am but it was brief (10 minutes). The only downside is if I don't drink a ton of water on this medication, I get pretty bad headaches, probably due to dehydration because of the way this medication works. Once I increased my water intake to 90 oz. a day, the headaches went away.”