User Reviews for Linaclotide

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
6.9

Summary of Linaclotide reviews 7.0 595 reviews

Reviews for Linaclotide

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I tried Linzess for several days for CIC and found even on the lowest dosage major stomach bloating and discomfort as well as minor facial bloating. I did not have a bowel movement and after stopping this med and getting back on Miralax things improved in a day or so."

Richie (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have a been taking Linzess for over four years now. Started at 145 every morning 1/2 hour prior to first meal. At some point during the day I would develop diarrhea at unpredictable times. Started taking right before bedtime and the next day would start with diarrhea again but at least it would be done by 10 o’clock in the morning Better! Then the 72 dose became available. Started with that dose right before bedtime. TaDa!!! Seven mornings a week with my first cup of coffee! Linzess has been a lifesaver for me! I believe if you experiment a bit to find the right dose and time of day ~ Linzess can work for anybody! No side effects except those experienced during my trial and error period which was about three months. Stick with it until you find what is right for you. Highly recommend!"

Happy Camper (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I am on day 3 of the lowest dose of Linzess and so far one forced bowel movement, fatigue, excessive bloating, and mild on and off nausea. This drug must be featured at GI conventions and samples go out to the doctors for their guinea pig patients. What a health care system we have"

Richie (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I took two tablets one day and 1 tablet the next day. Developed severe lower back pain and sciatica. I am 79 and female. Also terrible headache and muscle aches. I subsequently read on the internet that you can develop sciatica if you’re over 60 and female. Please do even try this drug if you are an older female. This drug should be taken off the market now!"

JP (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: "If you love living in the bathroom with constant diarrhea, this is for you! Gave it a 10 because it IS effective, but I would NEVER take it again."

DiarrheaMama (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "About 1/4 of the time I get no relief at all for 3 to 5 days."

Bb (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic: "I've been on linaclotide (290 micrograms) for about 4 years. Prior to that I needed regular colonics to calm the pain, laxatives and domperidone. My therapist told me I had the worst spastic colon she had ever seen and suggested dietary advice. However I would still get frequent IBS flare and my gut would shut down for about 2 weeks at a time. My gastroenterologist doesn't approve of colonics and started linaclotide. I have to say that for me it's been a life-changer. I'm no longer in constant pain and go more regularly than l than I did (now about 3 times a week). It has never made me runny and I've always been a bit windy due to the nature of my IBS. Flares are infrequent and only last 24 hours instead of 2 weeks. I am a pharmacist and everyone is different, so if you have concerns about the medicine or are experiencing adverse effects then don't take it. There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to medicines."

ChemE June 2, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: " I wrote previously a review under "SWmidwest" that I was not satisfied with this medication. However, I have resumed treatment with Linzess and found it to be reliable and effective. So apparently I did not give Linzess time to prove itself. Hopefully my previous review did not prevent some patients from giving this medication a try to relieve constipation."

Midwest guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "So, I’m in my mid 30’s, and have had chronic constipation due to pain management medications for 10+ years. I’ve tried many, many things to try and get myself regular. Stool softeners never seemed to do anything, and laxatives would cause me to actually go, but it would be painful. I’ve tried high fiber, both with and without high fat, magnesium, and a bunch of other things. I also exercise 4 times a week. Nothing has really worked. Until Linzess! Linzess on the other hand, actually has worked so far! I went to my primary care, with a pain that was seemingly a hernia, or appendicitis. After a quick exam, and some questions, he suggested I try Linzess. I took one (145mg I think it is) pill around 5pm, and was able to have a decent BM this morning. While it wasn’t “perfect”, it was not painful, and felt like it was a complete BM. If something changes, I’ll repost or edit. But I’m happy thus far!"

Actuallyhappy May 31, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "At 8 years old I began having issues with chronic constipation, around 40 I would only have 2 BMs a month. 2 weeks ago I began Linzess 72, even tho I take a daily dose I only have a BM every other day. Other than bloating and fear of passing gas I can say that the medication is helping. When I do have a BM It is rather a large amount. I have a lot of people asking me about weight loss and I can honestly say that if your looking for that this isn’t the medication you need. I haven’t lost any weight but being able to use the bathroom like a normal person is enough of an pro for me to continue."

Kim (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Terrified. My husband takes this 145mg. He has taken it for over a year. It worked all diarrhea and then after a while he began to be bed ridden for months. Day in and day out I watch him suffer and there is nothing I can do about it he's had diarrhea, horrible stomach pain, extreme bloating, bloody stools, vomiting he's been to the hospital it wasn't until recently when his arms hand legs started swelling that it was discovered what was wrong. It doesn't tell you that it also causes blood clots and it doesn't let you know that there has been multiple deaths. And seeing and knowing what I know I absolutely know that this medicine will and has caused deaths. I really pray that if u start experiencing this you stop it before it's too late!"

Jackie (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 27, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I've been taking Linzess for about a month, prescribed for IBS-C. I would sometimes go over 10 days without a BM! Dr. put me on 72mg and said to see how I adjust to it, then double the dose when I feel comfortable. The need to double wasn't needed. This dose did it's job! I had a BM almost every day. I had to plan my days around taking , tho. I took the dose 1/2 hr before my first meal (lunch) around 11:30am. By 1pm I had better be close to a bathroom because it comes on and comes on quick without warning! 100% liquid poop shoots out. Don't trust a fart, either, because it's NOT. The good thing is, no cramping or pain like with laxatives. I would continue to use it, maybe only as I need it, not daily. Other than the bathroom situation, I've had some side effects that I would prefer not to; chronic sinus headache & gained 5 lbs. You'd think with all the backup being eliminated, I would have LOST weight -- but No!!! :)"

Anonymous May 24, 2019

For Constipation, Chronic: "Linaclotide was life changing for me. I’ve had chronic IBS-C for 20+ year. It was only 5 years ago that the cause was linked to my hyper mobility (really lax elastic tissue - super bendy joints). No amount of upping fibre, water or exercise worked for me. Laxatives had limited effects and the unpredictability of when they would work and at what velocity made it hard to take them unless I’d a free day to stay home. Linaclotide made me ‘normal’ I could take one and within an hour have a bowel movement. They seem to contain a safe man made version of ecoli toxin. Odd. Also odd is that Monsanto (producer of insecticide) made the connection and licences the drug. I’m the absence of linaclotide I'm going for well washed organic food, a probiotic and traditional laxatives (senna, fibre, water, and lactulose)"

CarrieG (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have suffered for years with chronic constipation, literally it would be weeks of not being able to properly go. I finally heard about Linzess and asked my doctor about it and he said it was worth a try. I was so hopeful that I might finally find relief. Well it worked for approximately 2 weeks and then all of a sudden nothing. I’m on the 145mg dosage but after reading so many reviews from others I’m highly doubtful that the 290mg will work for long term. I’m sick of hearing the same blah blah from the doctors “drink more water, exercise, eat bulk fiber foods”. I do all that, I drink plenty of water, run three miles a day and eat more roughage than my horse and I’m still constipated. I wish that there was something out there that would “fix” this problem that so many people suffer from."

SB (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I first went to the doctor for constipation at the age of thirteen. I would have a bowel movement only a few times a month. It was a struggle to pass a bowel movement. The laxatives I took would hurt my stomach. Last year I had surgery to repair a hole in my colon. After surgery I stopped having bowel movements and the laxatives wouldn't help anymore. I started taking Linzess this year at forty nine years of age. Where have you been all of my life? Finally after using Linzess it is working I'm regular, no straining and no stomach pain. I feel great."

Freedom49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: "I have fairly regular constipation and was on Linzess a few years back and it worked very well. Had to go back on it again today (145mcg) and within 3 1/2 hours it did it's magic. It works great for me although it gives me diarrhea, I can live with that, beats trying to pass jagged rocks!"

Tommy R (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Linzess does work once in a while."

Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Medicine is absolutely horrible. Had gall bladder removed in 2019. Stomach has been extremely bloated to point of not being able to wear my normal clothes! Embarrassing walking around having a stomach so bloated. Use to take Zelnorm for my IBS-C till it was taken off the market. Zelnorm was way better than this medicine. Linzess needs taken off the market. Bowel movements are pure liquid coming out. Can’t make plans to go anywhere. Always feel so weak. Back pain is unreal. Stomach just gargles. Zelnorm helped reduce the bloating, Linzess adds to it. Plus Linzess drains the pocket. Zelnorm 90 day mail in use to be way less than Linzess at 80.00 co-pay per month. Praying they bring back Zelnorm!!"

Truckie77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I started taking linzess two weeks ago for chronic constipation. I spend three hours every day on the toilet. I also have gained TEN pounds in just two weeks and I have a terrible acne like rash on my forehead. I had no idea that linzess was causing this until I read all of the user reviews and they sound just like what I’m experiencing. Back to magnesium citrate capsules and milk of magnesia. This is not worth it. I also read about 8 fatalities and 25 people being hospitalized after using it. It’s crazy! I will never touch this again and I’m only on 72 mcg. This medication will be recalled. It’s just a matter of time."

Kush (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: "I've been using Linzess for about 6 months and wanted to share how I made the medicine work for me. I tried taking it in the morning like the directions say but couldn't handle the gas & bloated stomach for several hours after. I decided to try taking it before bed instead and it's been so much better! I now have a bowel movement about 30 mins after I wake up and none of the side effects. I also highly recommend taking it for several weeks before you give up because it takes some time to adjust and then I had hardly any side effects. I started on the 145mg dose which worked for a little while but stopped so now on 290mg and it's working great."

Portland2013 April 30, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been on linzess 7 days . Pooped 2x. Once normal, once total evacuation. Thought it would work better☹️. Taken off miralax after 3 months. On the miralax I pooped ok but had a bad reaction on my tongue. Patchy, dry, sore and could not find those symptoms in any side effects. Hoping Linzess eventually works"

Mimi (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I used Linzess for 8 days. My Doctor said that I would go every day. I did have severe constipation and was desperate. During the 8 day period I had 4 days that I did not go! I was drinking at least 64 ounces of water every day. I also had a lot of cramping that didn’t let up for over a day even though I was cleaned out the day before using large amounts of Miralax! This medication is very expensive so I found out through my daughter in-law, who has masters in nutrition, told me about a natural product to use. I wish I could share this on this website. It is totally natural. It contains 1035 mg elemental magnesium and 99 mg Elemental potassium. (It is not a regular vitamin supplements, not the same thing)"

Deedee (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "64yr old female. When In my 30's I used Zelnorm. Loved it but it was taken off the market. In my 40’s I switched to Amitiza. I used it but it has always given me flu-like symptoms. Body aches, nausea, headache, did not like it. I also found that with all these drugs you have to start low on whatever dosage works for you, but your body develops a tolerance for it over time and you need to up the dosage. I was having to take more Amitiza, making me feel sicker. When Linzess came out in my mid 50’s, it worked for me and It does not make me sick. But overtime I have noticed increased bloating, puffiness, weight gain, and joint pain. Hate that! ALL of them caused diarrhea. I take mine when I go to bed maybe around 11:00 and begin to feel stomach cramps about 3-4:00 in the morning. I get up and go, then sleep a couple of hrs until 6:00 when I get up for work. I don’t get great sleep that night but it’s better that being at work and going, and going..I take 2 highest dose every 2-3 days."

Cheri April 28, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: "I am a 2 year user of Linzess. My problem I take it for is gastropresis, slow bowel transit, I don't digest Fibre foods well, basically not at all. Linzess 290 mcg empties the colon for me. Without it the colon wouldn't empty. My entire gastro tract was damaged by osteoarthritis drugs. They should come with a Black Box Warning. Rheumatologist never once informed me that the OA drugs would damage my gastro tract. Which means the only OTC pain medicine I can take is tylenol. Your doctor should inform you if a med they prescribe is dangerous."

Libby April 25, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I am a 70 yr old active lady with chronic constipation for the past 20 years, being hospitalized twice for bowel impaction. Dr started me off on 290mg daily dose. I can’t imagine my life without it now. I love it! For me, the occasional side effects are minimal and manageable compared to chronic constipation. SO grateful for relief. Please don’t give up, its worth the minor side effects!!"

Anna Georgina (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2019