User Reviews for Linaclotide

Also known as: Linzess

Learn more about Linaclotide.

Constipation, Chronic 266 reviews 30 medications

7.4
Irritable Bowel Syndrome 142 reviews 141 medications

7.3
Constipation 55 reviews 247 medications

7.2
Summary of Linaclotide reviews 463 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Linaclotide

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have taken Linzess 290 mcg. It is a great medicine if you have chronic constipation. I find, as someone else said, that initially my 30 day supply works great. After about 14 days, the effectiveness decreases with time. I keep it in a dry place with the moisture packs but repeatedly have this issue. I contacted Allergan about my findings. They were interested in the quality of the medication and stated they would follow up. I agree that the pills should be packaged in blister packs. Hope they hear our issues and come up with a solution. It is a great medicine."

zyxt September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for : "Does the company that makes these really know how stupid the commercial is? It says don't take if you are 6 or under and don't take if your are under 18years to 6 years. Does that really make sense? Shouldn't it just say "don't take if you are under the age of 18". duh"

Anonymous September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: "I have been given the 290 samples and I'm usually tied down to the toilet for about 3 to 4 hours afterwards. I've only been on the 290mcg for three days. I called my doctor to see if I could get the 145mcg and I am starting those tomorrow. I do have to say my cramps have gone down tremendously even though I get then here and there. But nothing what they used to be. Here's to hoping the 145 works better!"

Toiletgirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I've been taking Linzess for a year and honestly can say it's a life saver ! Of course like any drug it comes with its pros and cons but for the most part to not feel jam packed everyday is such a relief! I also need to plan my day around the drug and I have found a schedule most suitable for my daily routine. I work a full time job and get home around 5pm. I'll take 145 mcg with a bottle of water and eat dinner. I know by now I will not have a BM until 8-9pm. FLUIDS are key! I have rapid diaherra then I'm good to go to bed by 11pm. I've also taken many times before drinking alcohol and the drug would not activate whatsoever (FYI, no other negative sides w/ alcohol). I also drop a few pounds and the following morning always look my leanest!"

JeeS16 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been taking Linzess 290 for about 2 months for severe abdominal pain due to irritable bowel syndrome with constipation. From the start of taking it, I have had no further episodes of abdominal pain or constipation. If I don't take it for one day, I start to feel very unwell again with abdominal cramps. I find that once I take it, I need to be near a bathroom within a couple of hours but after 1 or 2 bowel movements, there are no more. To be free of the severe cramps that were so bad that I would be sick to my stomach and almost pass out from the pain, is such a relief and has improved my quality of life immensely. The pills are expensive though"

free of severe pain (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Horrible would not recommend to anyone!!!!!!!!"

Jerry 145 September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "After years of pain, bloating, anal bleeding, fissures, chronic constipation, being told to eat more fibre, tears, and several trips to hospital I was prescribed Constella (Europe brand) by a Consultant. It is a miracle drug but I have found it hard to fit Into a long working day due to the fact that once it works I need to stay close to the toilet! I seem to keep going until empty.(where does it all come from!!) I experience some very loose watery stools and can become light headed. I take the tablet in the evening in the week which means I am often late to bed and social activities are restricted but it beats the misery of severe constipation. Having read helpful reviews I am going to try taking it before bed to see if I can hold until morning."

Granny Rooney September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Male 68 yrs old, chronic constipation for 20 yrs. Started on 145mg for 30 days, results positive. Must drink lots of water. Had BM within 1 hr. No serious side effects. Reduced Rx to 72mg for 2 weeks but stopped working so returned to 145mg. Now BM occurs after 2-3 hrs with no diarrhea. Have abdominal cramps for 6-7 hrs. Going back to Dr. Soon"

Drewgotit (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: "I started Linzess 290 after I had surgery for an anal abscess which resulted in an anal fistula. I was told I had an infected anal gland which could have been caused by blocked stool due to prolonged constipation. It is very important that I keep from being constipated as this condition could occur again. I am worried about the explosive diarrhea that happens every morning for about an hour. I wonder how this constant diarrhea affects the colon. If I skip a day I do not have a BM but I think I need to give my colon a rest every other day. Hoping once I have been on Linzess for awhile the diarrhea will subside."

Bonzie (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had IBS-C since I was a kid. I use to take Zelnorm but that has been removed from the market and is no longer available. Right now I take OTC Magnesium pills about 1500mg (3 pills) every night (10pm) and it usually produces a BM between 6-7am. I was thinking about trying this medication, but after reading most of the reviews - I am somewhat worried as I work outside of the home full-time and really don't need any "accidents"!"

Reconsidering try this med. August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This drug has changed my life! I have dealt with chronic constipation and bloat for 30 years. Not any more! I started taking it everyday but now take as needed due to having regular bm's on my own since starting this drug. I see people stating it doesn't work for them. Trick is to drink at least 8oz. of water with it 30 minutes before you eat. The more water, the faster/better it works. I have bm' s within an hour every time. Cost. I have insurance and the company has an online coupon code to use at the pharmacy. Regular cost is $410.00, with insurance is $150.00, and with coupon it costs me $60.00. That's still expensive but better than $150.00. I love this medication! Happy pooping!"

Lilibugg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "56 year old female with a lifetime of chronic constipation which seems to run in the family on my mothers side. After hitting menopause, bm's and the urge to have them simply stopped. I discontinued a bp med controlling migraine flares thinking that was the problem, but serious constipation continued no matter what I ate, drank or took. I saw a gastroenterologist who prescribed Linzess and am VERY pleased. no pain, just drain...and some gurgling intestinal sounds. best remedy EVER."

Celeste61 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I started taking this a few weeks ago, I don't take it everyday because when I do I have watery diarrhea but I'd rather get a good cleaning out every couple days than to be bloated and cramping constantly. I have only tried one dose so maybe with a smaller dose I can control the frequency and consistency. I have been dealing with severe IBS constipation for over 10 years and I have finally found something that actually makes me go without all the cramping and bloating like all the other treatments I have tried! I'll take a little bit of diarrhea just to not be constipated, it's a small price to feel better."

Valpal73 August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Diagnosed with IBS-C a few years ago. This is the only medication that has helped. I don't take it daily because of the cost but it's been just as effective every other day. The first two weeks it caused severe diarrhea within an hour of taking it but then it calmed down to regular bowel movements once a day which is a far cry better than the once a week I experienced before the medication."

CADAVIS83 August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I can't impress upon you how my life has changed . 30 years of fighting constant chronic constipation . I have tried EVERYTHING ! Linzess worked after 3 or 4 hours and it was like the flood gates opening . After using Linzess for 3 months daily I figured I could try taking it every other day but that didn't work . I stayed on it a few more weeks and then the miracle occurred . I weaned myself off of it and it's now going on 6 months that I have not taken ANYTHING for constipation and I wake up every morning and have a well formed BM . I can't remember ever being so regular in my life . I FEEL THAT LINZESS CURED MY CHRONIC CONSTIPATION . My theory is that taking it daily for months wiped out the bad intestinal flora . I've been reborn !"

30 yrs of Chronic constipation (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "It has been a big improvement. It is NOT perfect but it has been so much better. I went down to the 72mg and I do not take it every day. The pain level during a constipation attack has gone from a 10 down to a 3 or 4 Prior to Linzess sometimes my attack would go on for 2 days now at most it is a few hours Sometimes I will get an unbelievable diarrhea attack from the medication so I have to stay home for a few hours after I take a capsule. I try not to make any morning appointments and if I do I just do not take the medication"

abeynorm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: "I started 145mcg dosage and have been on one a day for the last five days. I'm now stopping this medication and will never take it again. It helped a little the first couple days, however, the lower abdominal pain is just too intense AND.. I HAVE A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HEADACHE that I cannot get rid of , plus the sneezing started and I have awful cold/sinus symptoms.. I feel so incredibly sick.. stopping it and praying these side effects subside asap:(... there a more natural ways to help with my issues and this medicine is just no good.."

CPM (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "l will never take linzess again! Yesterday l took linzess 145 l am glad l did not take the 290!! Worse day l have had l believe. I read the side effects are! After l took it my stomach bloated and then the pain began!! I do not believe l have had pain like that. Went on for 12 hours and finally stopped and the bloating went down. No bowel movement either! The pain in my abdomen was so terrible! But then you do not have a bowel movement too. Now this is what happened to me! I have read a lot of people that it did work for and it seems no pain like mine!"

Happy2222 (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Just started Linzess 290mcg yesterday morning and took another this morning both 30 mins before eating or drinking and so far no bowel movement at all. Still waiting...and it's 5 pm on the second day.. My gastro started me on this med as he is looking into my chronic pelvic pain. I usually 'go' about 5 x week. And that has been the same my entire life. Hopefully soon..."

Diwaitingforabm (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I'm suffering from IBS per say constipation all my life, been using OTC meds stool softeners, laxatives, teas, Linzess 145, for over a year now, yes sometimes it works sometimes not helping at all back to suppositories as needed, fiber etc. Definitely I GAINED so much weight now I need my Gastro visit to renew RX.....expensive copay PPO BCBS....I'm thinking stopping it and I might lose weight. In time just natural remedy........."

RN lactation counselor July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I been on linzess for 5 weeks and I found 72 mg works better than staying in bathroom all day I TAKE at 6am eat at 7 done by 10 there's days just a little and Sunday I don't take I drink prune juice I will take stool softener my heart goes out to all of us with this illness tuff please keep posting w are helping each other."

Churchgirl July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have been taking this product for three days. My worst and only side effect now is that it makes me feel so tired. I can't take it in the morning so I have started trying it at night. Can't wake up very well in the am but it beats the pain I had before I started it. I was so impacted I could barely bend over."

Ibsqueen (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I keep seeing a lot of people say that Linzess hasn't helped them. In my experience it doesn't work unless I drink A LOT OF WATER. Thus medicine won't work if you don'e increase you fluidr. I think liquid is the "propellant" to get things moving and always in the end is all I pass. Best thing for IBS I've found to date."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Male 67 years. Drug was effective in 2 days. Take it at 6:00 am each day with big glass of water. Produces a BM within 1 hour. After taking for over 30 days, producing a watery stool. I am experimenting by taking every other day. Too soon to offer opinion."

Darwin2009 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This drug requires a lot of experimentation to get the dosing correct, more work than most gastroenterologists are willing to put into it. Many people, myself included, develop a tolerance to the drug if taken every day, so that it can become useless after several weeks. I have found that taking it, in the 290mcg dose, every other day, several hours before breakfast (not 30 minutes as the manufacturer recommends) works reliably. Others may find different regimens work for them, but it's worth persisting to find the one that works."

joelb July 18, 2017