User Reviews for Linaclotide

7.1

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Summary of Linaclotide reviews 7.1 523 reviews

Reviews for Linaclotide

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Great med works well. I would use it again"

Will (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have suffered from IBS since I was a child. I FINALLY got this medication and it has been AMAZING. I poop!!! Yes it CAN cause diarrhea but soooo much better than being backed up"

Eliza (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have IBS-c (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation) and I found no relief from anything. I went to the doctor and she gave me linzess, I was so excited and had high hopes. I took my first dose this morning at 8:30am and ate at 9:15am not even 20 minutes after I had explosive diarrhea and it is now 1:30pm and I've been about 7 times. I work and want a life so this is definitely not for me. My stomach is still rumbling and I feel horrible. I feel worse than I before."

Ky (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have ibs-c (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation). This medicine has helped me so much. I take 145 mcg in the morning then I have breakfast a half hour later. I go to the bathroom almost every day. I've found that using it along with magnesium citrate 3 times a day works best for me. It gives me diarrhea but I'd rather that than being stopped up and in pain for days."

Kb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have been taken this drug for a couple of weeks, having been on the drug for 7 months previously before it stopped working, the bowel movements are good, considering I have Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (CIC) , I am finding it hard managing the drug, one day good bowel movement, next day diarrhoea. Also find it sends a lot of water to the anal area which makes being at work, very hard because you constantly feel uncomfortable! I would advise anyone to keep milk, bread potatoes to a minimum or this drug will cause hideous bloating and wind."

Mr Windy (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I'm 27 and have severe endometriosis that has attached to my colon causing IBS. I go through horrible bouts of diarrhea and then constipation. I started this medicine on the lowest dose. It is recommended to take as soon as you wake up on a day you have off to first see how your body reacts. You take on an empty stomach then eat about 20-30 minutes later. It does it's job and you do use the bathroom a lot for the first few hours until you are emptied. In my case it doesn't continue working all day long. Some of these reviews shocked me because I love this. It doesn't give me stomach cramps. You do have watery stools so it doesn't hurt to pass. I highly recommend this. I do not take daily bit maybe once a week. It is expensive but I was given the coupon. Every person handles medications different so don't get too worried with all the reviews."

Thatgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "My doctor has prescribed this for me because I have had chronic constipation for over a year now and I have been self medicating with laxatives and stool softeners. Reading these reviews is making me really nervous to take this! I am hoping for some relief, but not to the point where I can can't leave the bathroom and have unbearable stomach pain. I already get that. "

Twinjamom6 August 7, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Extremely bad, abdominal pain, same with gas, distention an awful medication for me. Tried 2 different strengths and I won't take it again. Just a incredibly dreadful experience with this medication"

Woody (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "It had no effect on my symptoms and upset my asthma. Chest tightness started quickly and lasted about 30-60 minutes. Very unpleasant. And expensive."

DW (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "This medication is a lifesaver! I have had chronic constipation/ IBS my whole life. However, the last two years I had a health scare that required me to be on high doses of narcotics until I finally had surgery to correct the problem. During this time, I tried stool softeners, senna tea etc to help the constipation, but often times I would need an enema to help. After my surgery, between the increase in all the pain meds prescribed and the surgical pain, going to the bathroom was a nightmare. My surgeon had me on Colace stool softener, miralax twice a day, and a senna stimulant, didn’t work. Thankfully, she suggested this medication and my God do I wish I found this YEARS ago! 2 hours after taking this medication, I felt the urge to go to the bathroom! I actually cried tears of joy to actually go to the bathroom normally (husband laughed at me lol). No hurt, no hard stools, no diarrhea, no adverse anything. Thank you Linzess!"

Cathy July 27, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Wow...is all I can say. I take Metamucil everyday about a teaspoon and I feel ok. Wanted something better so I wouldn't have to drink all that stuff and instead just take a pill . Took linzess 74mcg low dose at 3 pm ate dinner and about 5pm felt the urge to go. Kept going every half hour until about 12 that nite. Tired and emptied out. Can only do this once a week or maybe once a month. It's powerful. My bowels have been cleansed..lol."

D (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have taken this for the first time today and a hour later I kept going to the bathroom! It’s now 10:30 pm at night and I’m still going! My stomach rumbles and I have the urge to poop like a bad stomach bug and it’s making my butt raw and bleed!!! It’s hurts so BAD to go to the bathroom! I will not be taking this in the morning for sure! It helps clean you out for sure! But! When will it stop with the almost like peeing out my butt??? It’s been doing this all day! Was in pain before and still hurting! Good luck! "

Healthgirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I just started taking this medication my doctor put me on the lowest mg to start. I have IBS and have for so many years I can't count. I go through diarrhea and constipation with my condition and I'm looking for a way to have a balance in my system. I have read complaints on here and I've learned from all they are saying. I believe using this medication, eating low fat foods, drink plenty of water, and take my probiotics with it every morning will get me on the right track. Many times foods will cause our body's to go through things we can control but didn't know would happen. I plan to keep a diary of my daily foods, and medications, so I can prevent many of the things I have read that some have complained about. I'm hoping this medication gives me more of a normal life."

Linda (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I was on this for 4 days for colonoscopy prep...along with the standard "golytely" and gained 7 lbs. I got off the Linzess and have struggled for weeks to drop the 7 lbs. The 4 days I was on it, I had to stay in or near the bathroom, I was so dehydrated the first 3 days, then it stopped working, I believe it stressed my kidneys out so much I retained fluid in my tissues."

RR (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: "I was placed on linzess 145 mg for constipation. After one month it didn't work so I was given double the dosage of 290 mg. After a week my blood sugar went up into the 190 (type 2) and my bp started hitting 180 - 190 over 90 also a lot of anxiety and rapid heart beat 140 , I stopped the med and everthing went back to normal except my bp it is still high, its been over a month ."

Ramon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have suffered my entire life with bathroom issues. I wouldn't have a bowel motion from anywhere between 3 to 9 days and when I did go, I would be doubled over with spasms, back and stomach pain as if I was giving birth and feeling like I never fully empty my bowels. Took the 145 mg Linzess, drank 2- 8 ounce of water, waited 30 to 45 minutes to eat my bagel and cream cheese. Within an hour had a normal bowel motion with ease.... but then you get explosive diarrhea for the next 2 to 3 hours and its all over. about 4 trips. But stay by the bathroom cuz it works that good to CLEAN you out. No pain, no cramps. More water, the better the result and you don't want to get dehydrated. The next day I had so much energy. I only take it once or twice a week. I couldn't take it every day becuz of my schedule. But this is a miracle drug. I will gladly deal with the explosive diarrhea over the not being able to go and being doubled over for hours. I highly recommend Linzess! I love it. Its helped me sooo much. Thanks LINZESS"

Tori (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I am a 39 year old female who has been dealing with bowels that have basically stopped functioning. If I don’t take biscodyl tablets I will go a month without a bowel movement and then have no choice but to take the biscodyl laxative pills otherwise my belly feels like it will explode! With that being said, I have tried Linzess 145mcg on two seperate occasions. It did give me a bowel movement or two but it also made me SO tired that I slept for the 3 days that I took it and it also made my muscles ache as well. It also made my intestines rumble and grumble like crazy and bloated as anything even after I had a bowel movement. I already had bloating prior to taking the Linzess so I definitely don’t need any more! After trying a second time with the same results I am done with Linzess and “say no to Linzess” unlike the commercial says ;) Give it try maybe it will help you but in my case it did not."

Saynotolinzess (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

For Constipation: "This medication has saved me from so much pain and prevented hospital admissions. I was taking the max dose daily but became incontinent so dropped down to one every other day and it's brilliant. I take it in the evening and within 2 hours it works."

Chickengravy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I suffered greatly, unable to poop for years. Then I started Linzess 145, taken 30-60min after hot fatty breakfast gave me 6-10 bouts of diarrhea daily, sometimes spastic cramping of intestines. The first 2 weeks were worst with all listed side effects, especially bloating, cramping and gas, but also including wired, speedy feeling that prevented me from sleeping/resting. By the 3 & 4th week I felt less severe side effects. 3rd week, the pockets that painfully retained matter were cleaned out and I felt much better. The linzess seemed to keep me cleaned out and I felt good besides the accelerated nervous system, and diarrhea. Overall, my lifestyle was compromised, but I physically felt better. At week 5, Doc unhappy with diarrhea and reduced my dose to 72mg. My body responded the same, but at week 6, like a switch, my body turned off and the Linzess didn't work at all anymore. I was back to not being able to poop at all, along with severe burning inflammation and pain. Now I'm very depressed and waiting for the doc to return my call."

jules June 22, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic: "I think this is all about getting the dose right. I have been constipated for nearly 40 years & suffered with IBS for 32 years. It has spoilt my social life & even though I've had numerous tests to see what's wrong or if there was anything they could do, it was always a diagnosis of a lazy bowel, drink more water or eat more fibre. The pains & cramps used to make me throw up & pass out. So when a new doctor prescribed Linaclotide, I was sceptic. He said to start taking one a night (290mg) , but this was too much and the diarrhea was silly (but no pain which was good). So I now take it every Friday or Saturday night, clear myself the next morning & I'm out the door by 10am. It's changed my whole life. I still only go once a week & get bloated as usual, but no pain is a great start for me. So for me, this medicine is the best thing I've ever had. If I do get pains now, it's nowhere near as bad & I just take a couple of Buscopan. Sorted!"

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This medicine is useless. Still have 2-4 days of diarrhea then 3-5 days of constipation... and on and on. All it did was blow up my belly like hot air balloon."

ibs babe June 16, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Do not take this drug. I am completely healthy other than constipation. I do not drink, smoke or take other medications and am a healthy weight. Yet within 30 minutes of taking this drug my face and arm on the left began to go numb like a light paralysis. This sensation spread to my right arm, face, tongue and then into my throat and chest - eventually leading to numbness and tingling in the legs and toes. It felt like a heart issue or stroke so we went to the ER. These symptoms were due to a reaction from the drug causing a severe and dangerous drop in blood pressure. I’m still not back to normal. Oh and as an added insult it didn’t even make me go to the bathroom."

MomOfSeven (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Linzess was pretty good the first month but it eventually got worse with very annoying stomach pain that kept me up all night and rapid weight loss."

Alph (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I suffer with bloating, constipation, abdominal cramping too. My social life, was gone, I afraid take vacation with my husband, because if I ate something it goes right thru me no warning at all. I spend all my time in the house in the bathroom 8 hours or more trying have complete bowel motion. I still didn't get good results I still had urge to GO. This was a everyday routine for me. I had been battling with this problem for 6yrs, I had colonoscopy, in 2015, everything was normal but I still wasnt having complete bowel motion. I talked to my Doctor, he had me try different laxatives none of them work finally he refer me to GI Doctor, she gave samples of Linzess 290mg, to try Linzess 290mg, changed my whole life. The best thing to ever happen to me I have no regret! I take it every morning with hot cup of coffee, full glass of water. Two months later and its still working for me. The trick is drinking plenty water the more water the better results. THE HAPPY LADY!!!..."

HappyLady!!! May 28, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Well after 40 years of dealing with the "I do not mention to anyone condition" , as you all know what I am talking about !! I got a script from my Fab Doctor and holy cow almost to good to be true how amazing Linzess is , I just hope my body does not get so use to it so that I end up like before , but until that day , I finally feel freedom"

AnneMarie63 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018