User Reviews for Linaclotide

Also known as: Linzess

Learn more about Linaclotide.

Constipation 52 reviews 247 medications

7.4
Constipation, Chronic 258 reviews 30 medications

7.4
Irritable Bowel Syndrome 135 reviews 141 medications

7.2
Summary of Linaclotide reviews 445 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Linaclotide

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I'm suffering from IBS per say constipation all my life, been using OTC meds stool softeners, laxatives, teas, Linzess 145, for over a year now, yes sometimes it works sometimes not helping at all back to suppositories as needed, fiber etc. Definitely I GAINED so much weight now I need my Gastro visit to renew RX.....expensive copay PPO BCBS....I'm thinking stopping it and I might lose weight. In time just natural remedy........."

RN lactation counselor July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I been on linzess for 5 weeks and I found 72 mg works better than staying in bathroom all day I TAKE at 6am eat at 7 done by 10 there's days just a little and Sunday I don't take I drink prune juice I will take stool softener my heart goes out to all of us with this illness tuff please keep posting w are helping each other."

Churchgirl July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have been taking this product for three days. My worst and only side effect now is that it makes me feel so tired. I can't take it in the morning so I have started trying it at night. Can't wake up very well in the am but it beats the pain I had before I started it. I was so impacted I could barely bend over."

Ibsqueen (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I keep seeing a lot of people say that Linzess hasn't helped them. In my experience it doesn't work unless I drink A LOT OF WATER. Thus medicine won't work if you don'e increase you fluidr. I think liquid is the "propellant" to get things moving and always in the end is all I pass. Best thing for IBS I've found to date."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Male 67 years. Drug was effective in 2 days. Take it at 6:00 am each day with big glass of water. Produces a BM within 1 hour. After taking for over 30 days, producing a watery stool. I am experimenting by taking every other day. Too soon to offer opinion."

Darwin2009 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This drug requires a lot of experimentation to get the dosing correct, more work than most gastroenterologists are willing to put into it. Many people, myself included, develop a tolerance to the drug if taken every day, so that it can become useless after several weeks. I have found that taking it, in the 290mcg dose, every other day, several hours before breakfast (not 30 minutes as the manufacturer recommends) works reliably. Others may find different regimens work for them, but it's worth persisting to find the one that works."

joelb July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Holy Hell! I suffer from chronic constipation, IBS and I have Diverticulosis. I tried fiber products that you mix with water, chia seed, every laxative and nothing worked "right". Laxatives gave me cramps and fiber gave me bloat. I took Linzess 145mcg and 30 mins later I literally exploded at least 8 times. Over a month I took it 2-3 times a week, couldn't handle daily. But I did lose pounds. From 142 to 128. It has helped me so much I love it! I've always been thin but my gut was growing. Problem solved. No more constipation! Highly recommend it, but stay close to a toilet."

LovingIt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "When I take linzess it work best when you eat exactly a half hour after you take it and eat a lot of fiber. Linzess seems to not work if you miss a day. Got to take it daily."

Anonymous July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have stayed alive with Linzess since 2012 when this wonderful drug hit market. This is my problem, as others have said, Linzess is highly susceptible to moisture. My 30 day prescription always works up to about day 20 then starts to fade and stop working near the end of the month. If some one with connection could only contact the drug company and tell them about this problem we are having and ask them to start selling this Rx in Blister pack 30 day packaging, it would make life a lot easier for us CIC folks."

north woods (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have had the worst bout of constipation from opioid treatment for pain. I have always had somewhat soft and very loose stools until years of opiate treatments. I tried every softener OTC, Laxative, etc. I also tried all prescriptions available that should help and none did, making me feel like I was blocked up. I went for a heart cath surgery and was clogged for 14 days. My doctor gave me Amitiza and it seemed to work great until my 3rd dose where it completely stopped working. I tried Linzess, even though it wasn't meant for OIC. My God, it worked the best ever. I never knew that passing stool wasn't supposed to be uncomfortable and Linzess made the pain go away and stool pass regularly! Ins didn't cover normally without a huge battle!"

All Clogged Up (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Really works when all else fails. I would be lost without it. If you are really stopped up, you may need to add a stool softener too at east temporarily."

CA Hawk July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I'm a 45 yr old woman who has had IBS with chronic constipation for years. I've been dependent on laxatives for years mainly suppositories. Even strong laxatives have little effect on me. I hate taking meds and often just do not take care of my gut. Well that's all changing since I wound up at the ER last weekend with a terrible back up. I saw my GI Dr and he gave me some samples of linzess 290 mcg. I'm taking that every morning along with a probiotic, a stool softener and high fiber diet. It's only been 3 days but so far I've felt activity down there and had a BM yesterday morning and today. I still needed a suppository but I hope by this and probiotic and diet change i can be more regular."

My2kidsmomaz July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have been on this medication for a while now. Without it I cannot go to the bathroom but with it I get diarrhea. It seems to mess with the consistency of my stool. It's good to feel cleaned out but it interrupts one's day and made me feel like I always had to be near a bathroom. It works (typically) within 2-3 hours. I wish that the 72 was a low enough dosage but it's not and amitiza is ironically also too strong yet no OTC remedies work well enough for me. Hopeful another solution will come with time"

Annoyedbyconstipation June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I spoke with my doctor about constipation I am having on this diet. He walked me in the supply closet and handed me a sample of Linzess. I go to my desk and sit and start working away, about 30 minutes later my life would be forever changed. This medicine was made in the deepest, fiery depths of hell, this was a nuclear bomb I just swallowed. I am sure of it. As I am sitting at my desk and feel my stomach wrenching and bending as if someone was hand washing my colon, every inch of it, then the sweat, as if I had just ran a half mile marathon in record time. I am sitting at my desk still thinking it could not be this medicine I literally just took it 34 minutes ago I kept thinking. How can one pill in 34 minutes solve a lifelong problem? I will tell you how because satan himself is in this capsule. I immediately run to the bathroom because once again someone is hand washing every inch of my intestine..Oh Lord make the pain go away, and then he answered...The gates to hell opened up and it all began, I sat in a bathroom all day in periodic episodes for a total of 23 times. Please friends beware, I have warned you don't trust a medicine that can cure a lifelong problem in 30 minutes. I even heard my physician do a evil giggle as I scurried into the bathroom. I truly believe it was payback for my extended lunches."

Handwashed (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I am a 21 year old female who suffers with IBS-C. Before this medication I would only go to the bathroom about once a week or sometimes go two weeks. I have been in Linzess 145mg for a week now and it has changed my life forever! My doctor prescribed me to take it in the morning with 2 fiber gummies 30min before breakfast. I now go to the bathroom twice a day! My cramps are not bad and go away once I use the bathroom. I don't get any dizziness. I almost did not take this medication because of the negative reviews but I'm glad I looked passed it! Ask you doctor for coupons as well, I got a coupon for a 90 day supply for $30. Good luck!"

T.B (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I am on day two of Linzess 145 mcg. for chronic constipation. Taking one in the morning on an empty stomach with 16 oz of water, then eating half hour later, oatmeal or toast. I am pleased with the results, and have not had any of the negative things other reviewers have mentioned. Sadly, I almost let the negative reviews keep me from even trying this medication, so glad I decided to see for myself and tried it. I already feel better after day two and am looking forward to tomorrow so I can take it again! Of course you will have diarrhea, at least until your body adjusts. But so what? It's much better than constipation! One negative though is how costly this drug is if you do not have an insurance prescription program. If you are thinking about trying Linzess, please don't be discouraged by the negative reviews, at least give it a try and see how it works for you. Again, I'm only on day two, but I'm pretty sure this drug and I are going to be best friends forever!"

Cat3 (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "So I took one yesterday and nothing happened. Took one today around 4ish. Around 6pm I started to have severe gas and bloating. My stomach has been bubbling since 6pm it is now 1am and I have been having explosive diarrhea since 7pm. Just want to go to sleep on the toilet. My butt is raw now and my stomach is bubbling now as I type. I counted seven trips to the bathroom. Good luck to anyone who takes this."

S.j (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have suffered from IBS Constipation/Diarrhea for as long as I can remember. I took this medicine for a year and a half along with Dycyclomine. It seemed to work for a couple months but then the symptoms came back. I consider myself a very active woman, working out at least 5 days a week, yoga, clean eating... I noticed as soon as I started taking the medicine I gained 10 pounds, lost all of energy and had severe muscle and joint aching. I continued the medicine and went back to the doctor with questions. Recently I had an episode and I received a full abdominal ultrasound. Everything normal but full of gas that would not move. I decided to stop the meds and a week later all the side effects are gone."

Audz40 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have IBS, hiatal hernia and diverticulosis. Sometimes linzess does not work I have to take stool softners everyday to have relief."

Gizmo415 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have suffered from chronic constipation for well over 10 years, I have just started using linzess for 2 weeks and I had my first bowel movement without an enema or without milk of magnesia or Senna the second day of using it , (in 10) years even though most of it has been diarrhea, I would rather have diarrhea then to not use the bathroom for up to 10 days get deathly ill and have to go to the ER. Linzess so far has been wonderful, I feel much better. The nausea and stomach pain has reduced dramatically! I am thinking if I take linzess every other day instead of every day it will not be diarrhea but will be a regular stool so we will see how that goes. Two thumbs up to this medication."

Meesh meesh June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have been taking linzess for three weeks. I have to get off it..I have been having terrible head pain. Feels more like I'm having vessel problems. I'm not going to risk having an aneurysm for a pill. I was scared this morning as the pain was almost unbearable."

sherkh June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Chronic: "My experience of over 40 years of IC (started after a hemeroidectomy). I was on the protocol for Cisapride at the University of Pennsylvania in the 80's. It worked great, they took it off the market. However, 3 daily was recommended, I had to take 10 daily. Been on Zornorm, Amitizia Reglan (horrible), then, Linzess 290 & 145, it was the answer to prayer. However, I would take it and then suddenly it would stop working, I knew there had to be a reasonable answer. However, I would switch then to the samples my Dr gave me, and, the Linzess would work again. Finally, in front of the Pharmacist, I took the seal of both bottles of Linzess and there was barely a dusting of powder inside of them. The capsules were nearly empty, they were replaced."

Ranajean (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "This drug caused me pain and blood in stool. It provided no benefit for me. I will never take this drug again."

jamie1000 June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I started taking Linzess 145 in January 2017. It worked great for a couple of weeks and the suddenly stopped working. I had to resort to Milk of Mag. I gave it another try and it worked on and off. I gave it one more try and all I have is horrible gas and cramps even after bowel movement. Seems like my life revolved around this med. I have appointment with my PCP next week and will discuss with her. I am currently not taking any medication but still feel effects from it after 5 days of not taking it."

Disapointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "It takes a while to adjust to this medication and find the proper dose. Also, and this is not commonly publicized, this drug is extremely sensitive to degradation, especially by moisture, so do not keep it in damp places, like bathrooms, once the bottle is opened, and do not use old opened bottles of the capsules."

J.I.B. June 8, 2017