User Reviews for Linaclotide

Also known as: Linzess

Learn more about Linaclotide.

Constipation, Chronic 209 reviews 30 medications

7.6
Irritable Bowel Syndrome 113 reviews 139 medications

7.5
Constipation 47 reviews 244 medications

7.3
Summary of Linaclotide reviews 369 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Linaclotide

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I take my linzess every morning as prescribed but yet I still get constipated I can go 3-4 days without having a movement even though I'm taking linzess"

Tzx (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 4, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "So I have been constipated since I was an infant. Only the colonoscopy bowel preps would ever give me a full bowl movement.. I would drink that magnesium citrate when I got to bloated and uncomfortable. My GI dr gave me some Linzess samples to try. I used Miralax at night and Linzess in the morning. On the first day, my body was shocked and my bowels ejected lol... the second day I was constipated again. Third day, small bowel movement. I am hoping it will help with my abdominal pain and bloat and I am sick of being in constant pain and discomfort."

RebekahO (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I bled from my rectum after using this medicine. I had stomach cramps as well. I recommend that you never use this medicine unless you want to be in severe pain."

KingJames2016 December 2, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I was put on Linzess a few weeks ago. I have struggled with chronic constipation for many years. I have tried every OTC laxative with no luck. I didn't think this would work. For the first week, it didn't do anything for me. I was losing hope. Then by the 2nd week, it was creating softer stools to be passed. I had a colonoscopy a couple weeks ago, and I had to take bowel prep, which cleaned me completely out. I have also switched to a gluten-free diet, which has helped greatly (and I honestly didn't think it would). I take Linzess every other day now instead of every day. It still works for me. However, it works a lot quicker than it did prior to the colonoscopy. I don't have to run to the bathroom, but I can feel it when it kicks in."

JVB78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I am SO happy with this medication! I've struggled with chronic constipation for so long I forgot what it feels like to have a "normal" BM. My constipation was so bad that I've had frequent visits to the ER for severe abdominal cramps (comparable to labor pains), and each time I was told I had severely dilated colon and impaction. I've been on lactulose, Mirilax, Go-lytly, laxative teas, and even drinking a bottle of Magnesium-Citrate. NOTHING worked. Now I'm on a daily dose of Linzess and I HAVE to share my success story with others. It worked! And I couldn't be happier!"

MissesShepherd (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "This medication is definitely not for everyone. Be careful when you take it for the first few times and make sure you are close to a restroom! I have struggled with constipation my whole life and my dr finally gave me linzess to try. About 2-3 hours after taking the medication I have at least 2 BMs that are diarrhea. And the gas it creates is horrible for me and everyone around me. I have been taking this medication for one week and I can't even continue to see if it will subside because it is just too terrible. To the point that I am scared I will have an 'accident' at work. My point to others is - beware."

Ally04 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "After a couple of stays in the hospital for constipation this year, after taking narcotics while recovering from neck surgery. I also have been chronically constipated for many years, I was prescribed Linzess. I have been on Linzess for a month now. I am regular for the first time in 10 yrs. Everyday. it did take a week or two to get over my body adjusting, and not having to stay home for the run to the bathroom, things are calmer now. My stomach pain is also much better, as is the distension. I feel great. Huge fan of Linzess!"

Bethg33 November 16, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I've experienced horrible constipation ever since I had a stroke. Took this as a last resort after trying so many other natural remedies, acupuncture, and eating/drinking more fiber/water ,etc-etc. Took it in the evening and about 2 hours later, had a lot of relief, diarrhea though, but not complaining. Better to go than not! Lots of noise in my stomach after going four times. Hopefully, that will subside."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been on Linsess for about 3 years and that I am only the only way at time that I can go to the bathroom is taking this medication because at times I only go maybe 2 or 3 times a week without taking it. Is this Dangerous? It'seems like I strain all the time without it? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks"

Constipation With IBS (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have been taking this for a few months and i weighed myself when i started it, because ive always fought to loss weight and i gain very easily, and as of a few days ago i had a appointment and i got weighed and im up 15lbs! omg, i felt like i had gained but i didnt think 15. I take 1 pill every other day, cause it controls my life otherwise, when i take it, i have to stay home because im in and out of the bathroom for hours at a time. It does help with the pain and some of the bloating, but the weight gain, nope im not taking it anymore. I havent changed my diet since ive been taking it, i eat mostly a keto diet, as breads and anything carby makes me feel like crap and i get very bloated. I would like another pill for ibs-c /no weightgain"

l.mcola November 14, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Linzess 290 only worked for 3 days then I went right back to chronic constipation. I continued to take it for about 2 months nevertheless. No results. I had terrible side effects -- bloating and cramps. Eventually turned back to old fashioned laxatives out of desperation. I'm still suffering from chronic constipation til today. Change in diet and exercise has had no effect."

Nancy E. November 13, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have been taking Linzess for 7 days to treat chronic constipation. It hasn't made me have the urge to go yet. I finally went 6 days after starting it only because I took a suppository which certainly didn't empty me out. Is this normal?"

Constipated since birth November 7, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I was having almost no bowel movements without help for a year. No laxatives worked, the only thing that worked was mag cit. my doc gave me 290 mcg of linzess n it's a miracle drug. I take this at night and the next morning I'm good to go and it isn't like diahrea at all. It's normal for me."

Relievedddca November 1, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Half hour after the first dose, taken on an empty stomach first thing on waking I had to RUN to the loo and had an explosive BM. After this it failed to work again ( as was my experience with Epsom salts, very similar) . I did however get very bad bloating gurgling sloshy sounding belly, felt tired and nauseous amd thirsty needing 4 glasses of water at night. Bloating was far worse than my usual ibs symptoms , and no further bm after 6 days on the drug. Just felt toxic and my face was puffy....so I discontinued its use. Back to low FODMAP diet and enemas when necessary, which is often the case. I was so hopeful after first dose, but think severe bloating affects the nerves and hinders reflex of evacuation in my case. "

zazazazazazaza (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for : "I was diagnosed with gastroparesis in 2012 and have a neuro abdominal stimulator transplant. I take both strengths; 290 when home and 145 when I travel. Both work well as I have no ability for food to move out of my stomach. I do take it every morning and while I can consider it a bit violent at times (stay close to a bathroom after a couple hours of taking it), if I don't take it, I will not have any movement. I don't care for miralax or other over the counters as I experience a lot of bloating, gas and cramps before it finally kicks in...and it takes too long to kick in for me. My specialist has approved me to take the different strengths; I still don't know over the long term what effects will be on my kidneys or liver."

EGreg October 30, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I had problems with constipation for about 20 years. I was in so much pain after a bowel movement that I could not do anything but lay there .Linzess is a miracle drug for me. But I want all you people that are saying you cannot afford it to check out linzess coupon.com There is a card you can get that will allow you to get Linzess for $30.00 a month for a year. Make sure you go to linzess official site."

Mrs.Backed Up (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I just started Linzess last week, and it's already made a huge difference in my life. No more struggling to go or ending up in the hospital. Yes, my constipation was so severe it was called obstapation. I have had 3 episodes this year alone in the hospital. Linzess has turned things around. No more. bloating, stomach pain or stomach distention. I'm happy to say this drug was a miracle for me!"

Elizabeth G. October 25, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have been experiencing IBS constipation for over 30 years because of hypothyroidism. My doctor first prescribed Linzess 145 mcg which at first was working for a day or 2 but once my body got used to it I was back again not having a bowel movement. I have to take my thyroid medicine in the morning with my Linzess, both say take on an empty stomach. So I started taking 145 mcg once in the morning and then once at 5 pm in the afternoon when I got home from work. It helped some but not much as I needed to take smooth move tea at night to help it along. Then my doctor prescribed 290 once in the morning. Well I've had not luck even with the smooth move tea and it's been almost 2 weeks without a bowel movement. Don't know where to go for help."

Lisa2688 October 23, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I wish it was available in a strength between the 145 and the 290. The 290 is almost too strong, but the 145 isn't strong enough. I've had IBS w/constipation for longer than I can remember and this is the first med that has helped I've been getting by on doctor samples for now, but don't know how much longer that will last."

BeeJay1 October 20, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have been on this medicine for about a month. I was given samples of a higher mg than what I am prescribed and those seemed to work the best. Then, I couldn't afford to get the medicine from the pharmacy for about a week and had no bm during that time. Yesterday, I took the medicine and still nothing but stomach pain. Today, I am taking it again with the hopes of having some relief."

Ducky1234 October 16, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I rated Linzess a 9 because it works, but it is STILL a drug, with unknown long term effects. I have decided to take that risk for quality-of-life reasons. I have been on it for 18 months (145mg once a day), and it works very well for me. I got headaches at first, but that subsided. I gained 5 pounds, but that may be due to other factors. I used to take Aloe 450 capsules twice a day - DON'T DO IT. That resulted in the worse case of melanosis coli my Gastro has ever seen; time will tell if it is reversable. I had severe constipation and crippling gas pain for 30 years before diagnosis of IBS. With Linzess, I have normal BMs 80% of the time (diarrhea 10% and constipation the other 10%). Gas pains are rare (usually when stressed)."

Florida Girl 83 October 9, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "62 year old male, diagnosed with IBS-C at age 57. The product literature for Linzess says it is not a laxative, but with me it operates just like a laxative. I take it on an empty stomach, it works in 3 hours, it causes the same sort of watery stool as mag cit, but it is finished after 3 trips rather than 20, and my doctor says Mag cit will cause kidney damage, Linzess won't. I took Amitiza intermittently for 5 years, 16 mcg at a time, usually with similar results. This notion that Linzess causes less cramping during buildup or that it calms the colon seems like marketing jive. I wish it came as a tablet that could be cut, I think the standard dose is too strong for me."

Goatz October 9, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Well well...let's just say if you have IBS like me and you go days of using the bathroom constantly then several days of not using it at all with constant bloating after meals for hour...then this is the stuff you need. I have been on this for 5 months and my life has changed drastically! I no longer complain of bloat because this will clear you out. It is almost like anything I put in my mouth automatically triggers my gut to gotta go to the potty. Sometimes 5 or 6 times a day, sometimes once or twice. And it is not solid, but I'll take what I can get. Thank you creators of Linzess. But warning...If you don't have strong muscles this might not be the best drug for you. And if you can't run...u will need depends."

WhitSC September 29, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Linzess is my friend. I have breakfast in the morning and I take one every day before lunch. No problems."

sweetingredients September 28, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: "My experience is only a week old, and I'm here to see what other users have diarrhea during the initial two weeks of taking Linzess. But I did want to reply to Bronx boy's fears about what will help him if this doesn't. Magnesium. I deeply understand his fear, as there's nothing worse than constipation. Before Linzess, I took a product called CALM, which is a fizzy drink of magnesium citrate. IT WORKS! My problem with it is it woke me up in the night - works fast. I've found, during these initial days of taking Linzess, that I can still take CALM in the morning if I have that miserable "incomplete" feeling, and CALM will work within an hour on an empty stomach. I rated it at 5 at this point pending further experience."

reply to Bronx boy (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016