User Reviews for Linaclotide systemic

7.1

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Summary of Linaclotide reviews 7.1 537 reviews

Reviews for Linaclotide

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Does not work much after first few weeks. Switch to Trulance - much better!"

John (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have suffered with constipation for the last 3-4 years. I have taken over the counter and prescribed medicines. I am a 70 yr old Type II diabetic. I started on Linzess early this year with great results. You must wait the 30 minutes before consuming food. I have learned to time my dosage because at times I have brief diarrhea but feel so fortunate to have found this medicine. It does work. I may skip a day or two depending on my activities but I am pleased with the results."

Happy w Results (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Fantastic…...I can finally have bowel movements daily after suffering constipation no matter what diet I was on or how much clear water I drank. Linzess have given me life back. Side effects can be Diarrhea and if you feel like you need to pass gas....Don't until you are in the bathroom. But compared to what my life was like, this is heaven...10 stars!"

Art in Virginia (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I was diagnosed with IBS-C years ago. Have struggled with it since then. Had an episode with diverticulitis about a year ago. The gastroenterologist treated the episode but issues continued for the next year. Recently saw new Doc and he re-diagnosed IBS-C. I started Linzess 290 and had severe bloating, cramping and diarrhea. I used it for 5 days, doc told me to give it a week, and had to stop. Couldn't go to work, too many runs to the bathroom and an accident or two prevented that. I requested the dosage be reduce as despite the 'issues' I was going !! I will wait and start the new dosage over the weekend. Fingers crossed the major issues are less and I can function again."

Pat (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "My chronic constipation comes on every 2 month and then I was using suppositories and then fleets and sometime that didn't even work. I am 72 but I keep my self in pretty good shape and about a few pounds over but not much. I starting taking linzess about six month ago by Dr prescription and from the beginning starting working like clock work, but I don't take it every day I learn to pause like maybe twice a week and it works like a charm. I believe the secret is to take first thing in the morning with two glasses of water and wait for a half our and then maybe coffe with one toast and is beautiful how it works during the whole day, at time some diarrhea but not that bad,"

larry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have according to my MRI severe constipation. I hadn't had a proper BM in an entire month. I took a 290 for two days (this time) as well as a whole cup of prune juice. 3 hrs later I've been to the restroom 7 times. The first was dry and extremely hard to pass. After that very watery and very often. My constipation is due to hyperthyroiditis @ .15 which is well below range and makes me extremely stopped up. Next time I will wait a few days between doses and not add the prune juice,lol."

Tracstar (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 30, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I am a 69 yr old female who has suffered through IBS-C for 15 yrs. In the past few months, the constipation became so severe that I developed an impacted bowel twice in six weeks. Following my 2nd experience with fecal impaction, my doctor started me on the highest dose, 290 mcg, daily. After adapting to how it works ... (predictable movement within 2 to 3 hrs) I am very pleased. Yes, there are watery stools and on occasion, a few other small discharges throughout the day, but as one review said “you plan for it” (as best you can). One side effect that I have not seen mentioned is that of an itchy rash. My entire midriff section has been moderately itchy since I started LINZESS. The rash has gone, but the itch remains. Overall, I am very pleased with the effective results I experience with LINZESS and the quality of life it brings."

Peggy September 13, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have had constipation for years. I tried everything. Laxatives made me so sick until I would throw up and break out in sweats. My Dr gave me a prescription for this and I love it!! It works really fast and it cleans me out. I don't care if it's diarrhea. It's just good to get it out. I may have to go three or four times but I feel so much better.This medicine is great for me"

Sue (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I'm suspicious of so many positive reviews because the pharm company has a vested interest in their drug appearing ad a good product. My experience has not been so good. Although the drug worked for me, it caused severe vomiting, headache, and stomach pain. I wouldn't take the drug again due to the pain level but it could be that it was an isolated experience."

Hillary (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I had a chronic IBS-C for years and on opiates for at least 6 years. The suffering I had on Linzess for 2 weeks I have anxiety just thinking about it. When I was taking opiates I would have a bowel movement once a week. I never has gas, cramping or any other issue other than going once a week. Recently I started Linzess on the request of my doctor. See I had been stuck without a BM in almost 3 weeks. I went to the hospital twice to because of this rare pain and not having a BM. I did find out I had a hernia but didn't have anything to do with it. The first day on Linzess I had no BM but the next day I was helping my husband pack for a work trip and...well I had to throw away those pj's. This kind of thing continued for 11 days. My doctor took me off of the medication and 4 days later I still am afraid of leaving the house. When will the pain and pooping end!!"

Kaia (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "My doctor gave me quite a few samples of Linzess to try for chronic constipation. She told me to take it with my first meal of the day. This did not work, so I took it at night; and this works much better. I have learned that I do not need Linzess every night. Usually, I take it about two times a week, and I am fine. I have had no abdominal pain nor diarrhea. I also like that there are no systemic effects; the medicine goes into the gastric region and does its thing. (Other medicines, even OTC’s like Miralax, made me irritable and sad). Linzess has been great for me. I have read other reviews, and I know that it has not worked so well for others. We are all different, and the same medicine will work differently in different bodies. Good luck with Linzess! I hope you get the relief you are seeking."

Elle6 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had IBS/constipation my whole life, I am now 72. Linzess 290, once a week has been a life saver. The diarrhea it causes is something you need to plan for. It is well worth it. I highly recommend this medication."

TommyD (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: "I started this medication about 4 or 5 months at the regular starting dose, and it has had to be adjusted twice , and now I'm up to the 290 MCG... It's working now so far and fortunately I haven't had the bad results I see others have been through on their review..."

Rob (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took linzess for the first time a couple of hours ago. I didn’t know a single medicine could hit me this hard. It feels like I’m having a horrible IBS episode, I’m in ridiculous pain. Bloated, gassy... oh and I am still constipated. I cannot take this medicine again, not if it causes this much pain each time."

bmorr (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Great med works well. I would use it again"

Will (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have suffered from IBS since I was a child. I FINALLY got this medication and it has been AMAZING. I poop!!! Yes it CAN cause diarrhea but soooo much better than being backed up"

Eliza (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have IBS-c (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation) and I found no relief from anything. I went to the doctor and she gave me linzess, I was so excited and had high hopes. I took my first dose this morning at 8:30am and ate at 9:15am not even 20 minutes after I had explosive diarrhea and it is now 1:30pm and I've been about 7 times. I work and want a life so this is definitely not for me. My stomach is still rumbling and I feel horrible. I feel worse than I before."

Ky (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have ibs-c (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation). This medicine has helped me so much. I take 145 mcg in the morning then I have breakfast a half hour later. I go to the bathroom almost every day. I've found that using it along with magnesium citrate 3 times a day works best for me. It gives me diarrhea but I'd rather that than being stopped up and in pain for days."

Kb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have been taken this drug for a couple of weeks, having been on the drug for 7 months previously before it stopped working, the bowel movements are good, considering I have Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (CIC) , I am finding it hard managing the drug, one day good bowel movement, next day diarrhoea. Also find it sends a lot of water to the anal area which makes being at work, very hard because you constantly feel uncomfortable! I would advise anyone to keep milk, bread potatoes to a minimum or this drug will cause hideous bloating and wind."

Mr Windy (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "I'm 27 and have severe endometriosis that has attached to my colon causing IBS. I go through horrible bouts of diarrhea and then constipation. I started this medicine on the lowest dose. It is recommended to take as soon as you wake up on a day you have off to first see how your body reacts. You take on an empty stomach then eat about 20-30 minutes later. It does it's job and you do use the bathroom a lot for the first few hours until you are emptied. In my case it doesn't continue working all day long. Some of these reviews shocked me because I love this. It doesn't give me stomach cramps. You do have watery stools so it doesn't hurt to pass. I highly recommend this. I do not take daily bit maybe once a week. It is expensive but I was given the coupon. Every person handles medications different so don't get too worried with all the reviews."

Thatgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "My doctor has prescribed this for me because I have had chronic constipation for over a year now and I have been self medicating with laxatives and stool softeners. Reading these reviews is making me really nervous to take this! I am hoping for some relief, but not to the point where I can can't leave the bathroom and have unbearable stomach pain. I already get that. "

Twinjamom6 August 7, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Extremely bad, abdominal pain, same with gas, distention an awful medication for me. Tried 2 different strengths and I won't take it again. Just a incredibly dreadful experience with this medication"

Woody (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "It had no effect on my symptoms and upset my asthma. Chest tightness started quickly and lasted about 30-60 minutes. Very unpleasant. And expensive."

DW (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "This medication is a lifesaver! I have had chronic constipation/ IBS my whole life. However, the last two years I had a health scare that required me to be on high doses of narcotics until I finally had surgery to correct the problem. During this time, I tried stool softeners, senna tea etc to help the constipation, but often times I would need an enema to help. After my surgery, between the increase in all the pain meds prescribed and the surgical pain, going to the bathroom was a nightmare. My surgeon had me on Colace stool softener, miralax twice a day, and a senna stimulant, didn’t work. Thankfully, she suggested this medication and my God do I wish I found this YEARS ago! 2 hours after taking this medication, I felt the urge to go to the bathroom! I actually cried tears of joy to actually go to the bathroom normally (husband laughed at me lol). No hurt, no hard stools, no diarrhea, no adverse anything. Thank you Linzess!"

Cathy July 27, 2018

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: "Wow...is all I can say. I take Metamucil everyday about a teaspoon and I feel ok. Wanted something better so I wouldn't have to drink all that stuff and instead just take a pill . Took linzess 74mcg low dose at 3 pm ate dinner and about 5pm felt the urge to go. Kept going every half hour until about 12 that nite. Tired and emptied out. Can only do this once a week or maybe once a month. It's powerful. My bowels have been cleansed..lol."

D (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes