User Reviews for Linaclotide

Also known as: Linzess

Linaclotide has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 778 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of those users who reviewed Linaclotide reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Constipation, Chronic
6.5
Summary of Linaclotide reviews 6.6 778 reviews

Reviews for Linaclotide

Cyhina1950 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 7, 2021

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I been taking this on and off for 3 yrs. Taken it every day for a month at a time and it doesn't help me I have to take a regular laxitave.”

prettyglitterbells · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2021

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I was instructed to take this medication by my GI doctor due to constipation. Let me tell you this stuff works at least for me anyway. It cleans you out. My experience is stomach cramps, dizziness and it makes me feel kind of sick like I have a cold or something. I also get a terrible headache the next day. The side effects may be my fault as I don’t take the medication like I should I’m suppose to take it in the morning, 30 mins before eating. But I only take it once a week due to its side effects. I’m on the lowest dosage 75mg. This has been the only medication that has allowed me to go it’s just the side effects are a bit too much for me to handle.”

KAY_KAY · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2021

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “WOW I can finally use the bathroom every single day”

Missy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I take 290mcg daily in the morning. The first couple of weeks, it was amazing! The last few months have been challenging. It doesn't work. Today, I actually doubled my dose and I still did nothing. Anyone else have this problem?”

Yourmompoops · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “Within 3 hours of taking Linzess, you better be near a toilet. You better have your phone charged. It’s gonna be a long and bumpy ride. At first you feel a rush of what seems like a “complete bowel movement.” If you’re concerned about the planet, forget the toilet paper for a while. If you wipe, then stand up thinking you are about to go about your day, you’ll be sitting right back down fast! Do not trust time, that little bubbly feeling, stay on that toilet until you can’t anymore. It will get watery, angry, you will need baby butt ointment. You will be so squeaky clean! That being said, this is a medication I thankfully used on my day off. It’s potent, it will knock your socks off. It relieves chronic constipation, but it is dangerous to use before work. Also, I don’t trust it before bed. I promise there’s a good chance you’ll poop the bed. Please have a designated middle of the night, willing to wash shitty sheets, getaway driver.”

RUSTY · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I've been struggling with Chronic Constipation for most of my life as I got older I'm 61 nothing was working I didn't even know what IBS-C was my Doctor prescribed Linzess works like a charm but at times need to hunker down near a bathroom I'm on 145mg I don't take it every day but every 2-3 days when I feel I need it and its works within an hour.”

VeganIBSGirl May 4, 2021

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I have been taking Linzess since early March 2021. I have IBS-C, GERD and functional dyspepsia. I take the maximum dosage once a day and wanted to give some advice. Take the pill several hours before you want it to work and then provide enough time to complete the bathroom cycle. As an example, I am an early riser and get up at 3 AM. I like to be finished in the bathroom by about 7 or 8 AM. So, I take my pill at about 10-11 PM the night before. The pill needs some time to travel through your system and to get working in your colon. I have not experienced any side effects other than the loose stools. I continue to add some adjunct therapies to see what happens. Currently I am trying out cellulose powder since I have read that insoluble fiber is helpful to speed up transit time. I will deal with diarrhea over constipation ANY day of the week!”

Say No May 1, 2021

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “My doctor ordered a 90 day supply of this medication for me this week. With my insurance, the price tag was $647 and change. I had to say "No" to Linzess. Even the Rx coupon sites showed a month supply at over $400. How can anyone afford this medication? And I have decent insurance too.”

Cfire March 12, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “Linzess really works well if you time it right. It can be predictable if you take it at the same time each morning. You will have a normal movement followed by some muddy diarrhea and then after 3-4 hours it just stops and you feel much better. Sometimes I have to pair it with a couple senna. The only bad side effect is I can’t sleep much because it’s constantly working on your system. It can be a little messy but if you time it right...it’s a dream! Give it a chance! Remember some pills are stronger than others. Make sure you always store it in a room temperature dry environment. I find it ok to skip a day here and there if you have a busy schedule and you can just pick right back up where you left off the following day. Don’t drink too much coffee with it or it’s a nightmare. Just one cup will do in the am afterwards lol! Best of luck to you all!”

Sar December 22, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I have really horrible IBS/ chronic constipation and severe depression. I take various medications for my depression including wellbutrin, zoloft and adderall. Honestly, my wellbutrin and zoloft do nothing for me, adderall makes me more focused but I don't feel motivated and I am still depressed. I still want to sleep all day. When I discovered my IBS and started on linzess, Life changed. I don't know how, but when I take it I am back to being that vibrant and motivated person I used to be. It changes all aspects of my personality and how I react with people. it's not a placebo because then I would of just said that with wellbutrin or whatever. This honestly does something that makes me lose weight and makes me feel so much happier. My best friend is a Dr and always says the best he's ever seen me. Take it for what you will, maybe it won't work the same for you. I have no idea what the connection is. All I know is that Linzess 100% improves my crippling depression.”

Tired January 24, 2021

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I have only been on once a day for a week and I have NO IDEA how people live their lives! You can’t go outside of your home, make plans for anything because you are always in the bathroom! I have burned dinners because I’m in the bathroom! It works great but I’m confined to my home!”

TZ · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I've had had severe constipation for the past 4 years. I was prescribed Linzess 2 weeks ago and its been working great for me. I have not felt so much relief for a long time. The side effects are, dry mouth and I go like 3 times a day but I rather go then not go.”

Bluechippette · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I’m at the end of week 2 and now I don’t sleep during the day because I have my energy back, I haven’t had any debilitating stomach pains since. My biggest warning is give it two weeks to work. Don’t take it the first day and blow up the toilet and say “This not going to work.” Give it time. Its not a constant in the bathroom, just a more back and forth. I felt really tired the first week too. By the end of that week I noticed my energy coming back. It didn’t make my stomach cramp just made it roil and tumble. The end of the 2nd week it will start to harden back up and be almost normal in the morning and you are good to go. My point is, do not live through the pain of IBD do something before it takes over your life like it was trying to do for mine. Talk to your doctor and take control with linzess. If you can’t afford it google the company and they will give you the steps to get financial assistance.”

Kat B February 21, 2021

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I just cannot! Because of my IBS , I bounce between symptoms of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation. Yes Linzess works, but oh wow! I don't know how anyone takes this drug frequently. There has been nothing but straight liquid explosions. You definitely cannot underestimate urges to pass gas as it is likely just more watery stool (found out the hard way). I sat on the toilet so long that my lower extremities went numb but I couldn't get up to stretch because every time I would try more stool would come rushing like a flood. There were light stomach cramps and some bloating but nothing too severe. I will keep this medication on hand and use it merely as a laxative if I again experience a string of days with no bowel movement. But, there is no way on Earth I would take this pill every day or even every other day. I’d never be able to leave my home.”

Rabbit December 21, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I have been taking linzess since 2015-2016. Ive been taking 290mg and it works great. At first I use to keep it in my cabinet but when it stopped working I started putting it in my fridge and it works like a charm. I have IBS constipation and I can't go unless I take my linzess. I take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and you have to drink plenty of water with this or it will not work. Yes your poo maybe watery but that is better than having a blockage. All I can say is that I almost gave up on this miracle pill when it stopped working but i'm so happy I found a way for it to start back working for me.”

Toya June 16, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I been on 72mg for about a month in a half. I love it. I do drink a lot of water with it, I get a good cleaning out daily. I take 1 capsule first thing in the morning around 4am. It makes me use the bathroom about a hour later.”

Gems26 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2021

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I’ve been on Linzess for about 5 months now. At first, it was just uncontrollable watery diarrhea. I couldn’t imagine how that would help my IBS with chronic constipation. Now that I have been on it awhile, I can say that I don’t want to be without it. I do still have daily diarrhea with this but, it’s better than chronic constipation. I had a perforated colon, where my colon literally split in half and caused me to be in critical care. I want to avoid a repeat of that at all costs!”

GemsOfOpinions May 11, 2021

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I have been taking Linzess for about 5 months now. I have had bowel obstructions, fecal impactions and a perforated colon that required multiple surgeries and being in critical care. Before Linzess, I would take Senna, Miralax, mineral oil and ground flax seed. I would add Milk of magnesia as needed. None of those worked. I could go 3-4 weeks taking all of the above daily and still not be able to go to the bathroom. I had tried a lower strength of Linzess years ago and it did nothing for me. I asked my doctor to prescribe it again out of sheer desperation.This time I was put on 290 mcg. I am experiencing much more positive results. For the first couple of months, I had very watery diarrhea multiple times a day. I did not experience any stomach cramps or nausea. Now that I have been on it for 5 months it has changed somewhat. I still have diarrhea daily but not as severe.”

Abbagayle · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I was given samples of Linzess from my gastroenterologist, his recommendation was positive. I have had severe constipation for 10-15 years. I have tried all sorts of natural laxatives, nothing has worked. Linzess 290mcg is a miracle drug, water is a must to let this drug do it's job. Linzess is for constipation, it travels through the intestines with plenty of water. You will discover less side effects if taken on a empty stomach, I take my capsule at 3:00pm later in afternoon. My experience with Linzess has helped me from not being nauseous every day. It works. My first week with Mild side effects ,my body is getting used to the drug.”

Jude January 23, 2021

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I have used Linzess for almost two years. Yes, I have moments where you can’t trust a fart, where I have ran to the bathroom (as a teacher, I can’t always do this), and every other poop is liquid. I used to have one maybe two bowl movements a week. My stomach pains felt like contractions of child birth. I used to sit on the toilet 3-4 hours every time I had to go and a panic attack on top for fearing of throwing up. My doctor told me to do an enema first to clear out my bowels. I then took the medicine 30 minutes before eating. It helps. I can miss one but not two days in a row. I have some bloating but I am not in pain and can enjoy my life.”

May Ally April 8, 2021

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I was prescribed Linzess for IBS with constipation. 1st dose worked so well (145 MCG daily). The pharmacist said to skip a day if need be. Frankly, I hadn't had a full and solid BM (e.g. not raisin - grape/walnut-sized fragments) in a long time. I continued to have several solid BMs the first day/night to the point that I thought it best to skip the next day. The day after dose I went back to "normal" (small, grape-sized BMs). Linzess seems to have "pooped out". I take as directed and drink 3 liters of water daily. I supplemented with 100 MG o-t-c stool softener (didn't help much). I tried an AloeLax 225/ Aloe Ferox - Mill Leaf Resin (helped slightly). UPDATE: I've experienced major inconsistencies with Linzess. I really think that there are certain batches that have been either improperly stored or shipped. My newest Rx bottle seems to work, whereas the last 90 day supply really didn't.”

JDK · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 18, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I love Linzess....I have had chronic constipation for years due to very slow bowel. I can drink water, water, veggies and no bread or carbs and its still as slow as a slug. I saw a Linzess commericial on TV and ask my dr. about it. He started me on the lowest dose which did nothing he upped me to 290 its been heaven on earth and now I do not have the pain from being constipated. I don't feel like I have something wanting to come out any more. I have been on everything dulcolex, Mucinex, Metimucil, suppositories, Linzess is the only thing that wakes up my bowels. I have very little gas, my stomach growls but no pain at all. Don't let all the reports about death, weight gain, kidney stones almost every medications can say the same. If you have a severe reaction then its not for you get off of it. For me it has been a Godsend. Thank you for letting me share my experience”

Bob · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I have had constipation all my life. I am now 63 and still experience it. I have tried Senna Plus, Prune Juice but have stayed away from laxatives due to a colon resection for diverticulitis about 10 years ago. I have to say, as I have read others reviews, I take it on an Empty Stomach. I have results in about an hour or so and it lasts about 2 hours. It does work, so not sure if people are taking as prescribed but have learned it's cycle. I take it once through my work week, and then on the weekends. I feel better after being able to empty my bowels. I do drink fluids after taking the dosage. I am on the mid level dosage. The lowest dose wasn't as successful for me. So I so far have enjoyed the medication to relieve life long constipation, but my only word of caution, learn how it works for you. Then you can go out and live your day afterwards. I find if I take it at 7-8 AM, I can leave the house comfortably by Noon. Good Luck to everyone.”

BlueWaterGirl1988 February 29, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I've suffered from constipation since I was a toddler and it hasn't been fun, had a colonoscopy at 4 years old and they seen that I had an enlarged bowel. I used to have to take harsh laxatives as a kid and then I switched to Miralax in my teens. Been taking Miralax for 14 years and for some reason it decided to stop working as good, so I switched to milk of mag until I could get in to see a GI doc. He prescribed me 72mcg of Linzess and scheduled me for a colonoscopy. I've been taking it for 2 weeks and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it does work though, it's just like water peeing out of my butt, but sometimes it can be slightly formed. I've noticed it makes me really bloated feeling, especially if I drink something. I feel like I'm retaining water and that's not a fun feeling because it hurts my abdomen. Sometimes I feel better after having bowel movement, sometimes I don't.”

Peg · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I was put on linzess and every thing was going good then it gave me diarrhea and that wasn't a problem but I skipped taking one , and the diarrhea cleared up but then I couldn't go again after I started back , so the increased it to 290 and the same thing happened and now I can't get it to work at all”

watssup1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “Prior to starting Linzess, I took a daily dose of Miralax and was able to have a bowel movement almost everyday but I did not have a complete bowel movement. With Linzess, I was able to have a complete bowel movement at first but after a few weeks, I had to add Miralax to be able to have any kind of bowel movement. It also made me gassy and bloated. I will not be continuing with the medication.”

Tsutt · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: “I have had chronic constipation all my life. I would have to take stool softeners/laxatives every day, still sometimes it would be days before I would go. My new Primary Care Dr after the first mention of this issue suggested I try Linzess, I have been taking it for 1 month now. I Love It! I take it as soon as y’all feet hit the floor every morning, I wait at least 30 minutes before I have my coffee, and within 1 to 1 1/2 hr after taking it I am going. Complete emptying, some more complete than others. But I Have NEVER gone every day, Never! I have lost about 6 lbs since I started taking it, and I have not changed my diet, I am just not storing all that waste now. I would recommend anyone having this issue, give it a try. I sure am glad I did.”

tbeckys · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: “I started Linzess 3 weeks ago. At first it was wonderful and then 1 week later it quit! My GI Dr., said to take it with 3 capfuls of Miralax. I didn’t do 3 but did 2 capfuls! I had diarrhea for several hours! Then went back to 290 of Linzess and nothing! I don’t know what to do as I’m constipated again! I also found out during a colonoscopy several years ago that I have several more feet of bowel than the other people have so that it takes much longer for me to go to bathroom! I really don’t know which way to turn!!”