User Reviews for Linaclotide to treat Constipation

Also known as: Linzess

Linaclotide has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 95 ratings for the treatment of Constipation. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Linaclotide Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Linaclotide

Tsutt · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide): “I have had chronic constipation all my life. I would have to take stool softeners/laxatives every day, still sometimes it would be days before I would go. My new Primary Care Dr after the first mention of this issue suggested I try Linzess, I have been taking it for 1 month now. I Love It! I take it as soon as y’all feet hit the floor every morning, I wait at least 30 minutes before I have my coffee, and within 1 to 1 1/2 hr after taking it I am going. Complete emptying, some more complete than others. But I Have NEVER gone every day, Never! I have lost about 6 lbs since I started taking it, and I have not changed my diet, I am just not storing all that waste now. I would recommend anyone having this issue, give it a try. I sure am glad I did.”

Hurt!!! · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide): “Dr gave me samples (290 mcg dosage) for constipation. Took one pill 6 hrs ago and I have been back and forth to the toilet for the last 2 hrs. The first bowel motion was normal, but every other bowel motion after is all water. I feel a rumbling in my belly and I immediately have to run to the bathroom or it will hit the floor. My anus is on fire! I will never take this again and I don't recommend anyone else should.”

CP April 16, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide): “Have had problems with constipation following abdominal surgery. Dr. prescribed Linzess 72 and it worked perfectly right away, with no aftereffects whatsoever. I hope others with constipation problems consider this medication.”

Shermjack August 5, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide): “This drug has been marked incredible in my book. I went from going to the bathroom once every 1-2 WEEKS to once every few days once I started taking Linzess how it's directed. I would take it with a full glass of water 30 mins before breakfast and would have a a am within the next morning or so. Well I have been trying something new which seems to be working much better. My wife and I usually eat dinner pretty late so we eat around 9:30-10 and then I chill for about an hour. I take a Linzess and go to bed. Each morning I have waken up to a BM after my alarm goes off at 6:00. It is a solid but very easy go. I am amazed and had to share just in case I can help someone else ”

Gottago74 · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide): “I took Linzess after being constipated for 4 straight days. I took it around 4:30 pm in the afternoon. By 6:30 pm my stomach was gurgling and rolling and by 7 pm I was on the toilet with explosive diarrhea. Everything but the kitchen sink came out of me. And let me tell you it felt great to get cleaned out. My stomach did not hurt. No cramping. Just lots of bathroom trips. Be sure to be at home when you take it. You'll go A LOT. Also drink lots of fluids because diarrhea like that can dehydrate you.”

Portland2013 April 30, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide): “I've been using Linzess for about 6 months and wanted to share how I made the medicine work for me. I tried taking it in the morning like the directions say but couldn't handle the gas & bloated stomach for several hours after. I decided to try taking it before bed instead and it's been so much better! I now have a bowel movement about 30 mins after I wake up and none of the side effects. I also highly recommend taking it for several weeks before you give up because it takes some time to adjust and then I had hardly any side effects. I started on the 145mg dose which worked for a little while but stopped so now on 290mg and it's working great.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 27, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide): “Okay guys, I've read Linzess reviews before, and can relate to the violent diarrhea. I don't know why I never thought of this before. All you do is empty a little bit out. Then just adjust to how much you need.”

31 year old female · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2014

Linzess (linaclotide): “I have had irritable bowel syndrome with severe constipation for 16 years and this is the first medicine that I can say has truly worked for me. On the medicine I have diarrhea, bloating and a lot of gas but it definitely cleans me out. Hope to get past the gas and bloating once it gets in my system good. Only been taking it for 3 days.”

Bdaniels7 · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2014

Linzess (linaclotide): “I was hospitalized for a week because of a bout with diverticulitis. As a result, my intestines , so I was told, stopped pushing waste through. I was constipated for 3 weeks! My doctor gave me samples of Linzess. It was a miracle! I began having bowel movements on the first day! Some mild diarrhea, but I'm going and there is no cramping, no aches, no bloating. Amazing. I have had constipation issues for years, but not any more! I highly recommend trying it! Thanks Linzess!”

Joshua Males · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide): “Linzess has completely changed my life. I am a 28 yr old male who was constantly living with bloatedness and constipation. I would have very irregular bowel movements (once every 2 to 3 days on average) and was not getting enough sleep due to having a constant "dull" pain in my gut. I tried everything from cleanses, fiber, a cleaner diet, and also another drug (amitiza) for help. Nothing was working long term and I still felt drained of my energy. My doctor wrote me a prescription for Linzess (145mcg dose) and after day 1 I no longer felt bloated and after about a week my energy level was completely restored.I feel like a completely new person. Some minor diarrhea if taken later in the day. Nothing major though, no other side effects.”

KRA · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2013

Linzess (linaclotide): “I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome with constipation. My Dr. put me on Linzess 145. I was told to take it 30 minutes before my first meal. However, my schedule doesn't permit me to do so. I take it whenever my bowels are slowing down and I need some help (about once a week). Immediately I start feeling the effects, starting with gas, then painless bowels that I can literally feel my stomach emptying. On average It makes me go to the bathroom for 3 hours. It all depends on how much is in there. All in all, Love.”

Ipoopedtoday! · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 20, 2016

Linzess (linaclotide): “This is a life changing amazing medication. I found that it works best for me if I do not eat past 6pm and then take the pill before bed around 9 or 10 pm. Then I go to the bathroom in the morning 2-3 times before work and I have never felt better. I have to much energy now and a flatter not bloated painful stomach!! I know it does not work for everyone but it worked for me and if you have issued you should try this for sure. I had to play with the time I took it for awhile but now that I have it dialed in I hope I never have to live without it!!”

Joeybadazz · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide): “If I were you I would not take this medication. It doesn't seem to want to do anything except for make my stomach gurgle. Don't waste your time buying this it's very expensive and it does not work. Back to dulcolax and milk of magnesia . I gave it a full two weeks to work and it does not work.”

computergal · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2014

Linzess (linaclotide): “I had abdominal surgery and was on opiods for the recovery period. I became constipated and finally gave in and took Linzess. It worked perfectly. I had a normal movement the next morning and had no side effects at all. As long as I take Linzess in the morning I am regular as clockwork.”

William · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 15, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide): “I have been taking Linzess 290 one month, Linzess 145 for one month & taking 72mg presently. They all work well, I think too well at times. However, the 290 & 145 caused me extreme fatigue. We will see how the 72 works. I can’t honestly tell any difference in the three Linzess that are available. They all perform the same. However, I don’t think Linzess 72 causes as much fatigue as the other two did for me.”

notrom22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2013

Linzess (linaclotide): “This is a miracle. I have been very bad for 8 years. There was nothing more the doctors could do for me until this came out. I am off of all my other medicine now and just take 1 pill a day. I do like to take it at the end of the day after my dinner then I go before bed. Will not be without it ever again.”

Bethhg22 January 29, 2017

Linzess (linaclotide): “Chronic constipation has been a problem most of my life. I was on Zelnorm, until it was take of the market by the FDA. I have had serious complications due to my constipation, including having to be surgically unimpacted last yr after neck surgery. Almost was the end for me, I was septic. Full recovery, and put on Linzess 5 months ago, and it's been a miracle for me. Yes, I do get some gas, and can't leave home right away, it's sudden and quick when it works. I've gotten use to the small side effects now. I go everyday, and I have had NO more issues with constipation. I love Linzess!”

Wandasey · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide): “I been constipated for years suffering for many years!My doctor recommended this medicine for me and it works wonders!! I never felt so well in my life before. When you taking this meds please make sure you're not have to go anywhere because the toilet will be your friend and you need it close by!! I strongly love this medicine..”

joltyness1 July 23, 2014

Linzess (linaclotide): “I was prescribed Linzess for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the constipation that comes with it. After taking it daily for a week with good results, I got bad diarrhea. My doctor told me to only take it when needed instead of every day. I feel a lot better now that I'm not taking it every day. My only gripes are the diarrhea if I'm not careful and the very specific time of day I have to take it (in the morning at least 30 minutes before my first meal... kind of a pain for a busy working person). It's also pretty expensive, which gives me another reason to be glad I'm no longer taking it every day. Besides that, it's a huge relief to finally have regular bowel movements that aren't a strain to pass.”

tattooedmomma February 28, 2013

Linzess (linaclotide): “Linzess has been wonderful for me. I developed a bad fissure and the over the counter options weren't working unless I didn't need to leave the house. With Linzess, I take it at 530, consume something at 600, and about 730 I'm finding relief. For me, it takes only 2 times, 15 minutes apart to feel empty, and then I'm okay the rest of the day usually. I've been able to tailor these bathroom trips around my schedule, and my fissure is finally healed without surgery. I haven't had any side effects as the watery stools I greatly appreciate. I love this stuff.”

Nikki April 22, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide): “28 years old and have been fighting IBS type C for 7 years (so far). I had a bad bout of the stomach flu on March 6th 2020, and it seems like I am still dealing with the post infectious IBS part of it. My doctor put me on Linzess, it hardened my softer green stools to where they come out more formed instead of little rabbit turds, or slighly long narrow/ribbon shaped. I feel the diarrhea part might start soon, so I'm keeping my mind open to it. Instead of taking it at night before bed, I will switch to when I wake up. My main issue now is yellow foul smelling stools, my doctor wants to do an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy this year sometime, but unfortunately with COVID still going on I have to wait.”

Not a fan · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2014

Linzess (linaclotide): “A nurse practitioner gave me samples. I took one pill, cleaned me out within an hour. After that I had watery diarrhea all day. My head felt weird and I don't mean lightheadedness, I mean like something was wrong, like I just got abducted by aliens and they were trying to read my mind type feeling. Also when I went to sleep I had a nightmare about my one year old drowning. The last nightmare I had was in 2010 so something is clearly not right with me being on this medicine. I have not taken another pill since then. ”

cleanedout · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2014

Linzess (linaclotide): “I have been suffering from constipation since I had my lapband surgery. It's been horrible & after using Miralax for a while it stopped working yesterday I finally decided to take Linzess yesterday evening since I can't take in the morning due to my work schedule...wow it worked within 2 hours. It cleaned me out & even was still working in the morning. I probably will not take it on a regular basis due to how well it worked. I did have bloating and gas with the medication.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 5, 2020

Linzess (linaclotide): “When you take Linzess, it's a 50/50 chance of whether or not it will work. I've taken it sometimes and I feel like I've taken nothing. Other times, it works as it should. I was prescribed it every day but I only take it as needed because I don't have constipation every day.”

SuperNova · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

Linzess (linaclotide): “The drug works, but works a little TOO well and is highly unpredictable. I was prescribed Linzess 72mg by my doctor after a month of severe, unexplained constipation and pain in my abdomen. The drug didn't seem to work at all the first week, with no noticeable changes in my bowel movements. However, about 8 days into the Linzess, I had INCREDIBLY bad, spontaneous diarrhea for an entire day. The same diarrhea occurred the following 2 days with stomach cramps and the worst pain I have ever felt in my life coming from my rectum. I was told to immediately stop taking the Linzess, but days followed with bad abdomen cramps about every 15 minutes and 'pounding' in my upper intestinal track. I'm writing this as a 19 year old college student, so please RETHINK this drug if you have unavoidable classes or a very busy lifestyle.”