User Reviews for Trulance

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
6.2

Summary of Trulance reviews 6.7 118 reviews

Reviews for Trulance

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "My doctor gave me a month trial of Trulance hoping that it would work better for me. It worked within 3 0mins of taking it. I noticed a difference when I took it without food vs with food. With food, I would be running to the bathroom about 17 times before the diarrhea stopped. My rectum would be very painful afterwards. Taking Trulance without food was better, I'd go 4 times with 1 regular stool then the rest runny/explosive diarrhea. I did have side effects. I would get dizzy spells every day that I took the pill. I also started getting blurry vision, no matter how much I blinked or rubbed my eyes. The blurriness wouldn't go away. Lastly, it made me gain weight. My diet has been the same for months except my sweets have been cut down. I go to the gym for 1 hour 3 times a week. At the end of my monthly trial, I gained almost 11lbs! I have never gained that much weight that fast. Before Trulance, I was actually losing weight. I will happily go back to Linzess."

Trinity (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Solved my problem. tried other stuff before, none of them worked as good as Trulance."

Rantush (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "After 7 days It still did not work for me."

bree (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Trulance is a life saver for me! I use to suffer a lot because of my stomach, now I take Trulance every morning, go to the toilet about an hour later and for the rest of the day I'm free from thinking about it, I don't get anxiety anymore because of this condition."

jennyt1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Best CIC drug ever! So glad I finally have access to a medicine that actually works consistently."

John (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I'm having a hard time with this trulance because it's giving me stomach cramps , making my stool a little hard , also making my rectum very sore. So I'm getting very frustrated because nothing seems to work to help have a bowel movement . I only have a bowel movement about 5 times a month and my weight is going up. I hardly can't eat anything because no bowel movement. This medication is a sample for me to try out."

June L. Moore October 20, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I have had idiopathic chronic constipation for about 2 years now. Nothing over the counter ever worked for any more than a few days or so. Only few times over the past two years or so I've got to the point of feeling relief was when I was forced to take a colon cleanse such as GoLytely due to not going for 2 weeks at a time. My doctor has prescribed me Relistor, Linzess and now Trulance. Relistor and Linzess, just like every other medication I tried - lasted for a few days of small bowl movements then slowly stopped working at all. I took Trulance for the first time this morning - I have had normal - medium bowel movements since taking it over 12 hours ago. Mild cramps that come and go, mild dizziness as I get with all constipation meds, but overall can't complain at the end of my first day. Hoping this drug continues to work and clears me out as I constantly am backed up for weeks and I am sure I have about 30 more trips to the bathroom left before I am completely empty."

HJB (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Just started off by taking half a pill, not knowing how I would react. Glad I didn't take a full tablet....lots of abdominal/bowel pain, sharp.....and hardly going so far, just a little. And took it about 3 hours ago."

Constipated for years (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I take it twice a week. Usually works within an hour and have relatively normal BM unless I am backed up. Then I get the diarrhea everyone complains about. Have to make sure you have fiber when taking and that seems to help decrease the bloating"

Punkin (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation " I'm sick as a dog as I type this. I feel beat up & sore w/ terrible spasms after being on the commode ALL night. I feel really bad, because my Doctor really wanted this to work for me & fought so hard with my insurance company to get Trulance approved. He wanted me off of Lactulose, but I cannot go back to that due to the same symptoms I'm having now. IBS has ruled my life for so long & I eat so healthy & exercise, but I just cannot "go". I live a life of constant pain & spasms...."

Sunflower (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Began taking for severe constipation and from the very first to almost 3 months later, I still have nightly very VERY watery stools for 5-8 hours. Cannot take this medicine and have any evening plans. I can almost guarantee that 1 1/2 hours after taking this medicine I will feel the first gurgle and will spend the rest of the night in the bathroom. It has helped with the pain in my abdomen and distension is almost gone. I feel better the next day until I take the next dose."

Bethany (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Received samples from physician and took for two weeks. No relief obtained."

MawMaw (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I been on Trulance now for three months 3mg. At first use maybe like 4 days in I was going to quit because it was not doing much of anything. I was going to go back to my Miralax but my wife convinced me to hang in there so on the 5 day the heavens opened up"

Trulyblessed (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Was on both Lactolose & Relistor for over 2 years. Just started Trulance and what an amazing drug. Within an hour had a decent bowel movement without abdominal cramps, bloating & flatulance. 5 stars out of 5."

Jakmak52 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I was so excited to take this I took one on my way home from Dr as I hadn't gone in 2 weeks! So went out to eat and hour after I took it ran to bathroom explosive diarrhea for 3-4 hours to the point I couldn’t make it to bathroom. So then next time decided to take at night and hour after my stomach gurgles loud for 2 hours then back to explosive diarrhea for 3-4 hours the kind you don’t even know it’s coming ! Wish it would work for me but would rather be constipated at this point !"

Julie (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Took first and last dose at 4:30pm. Two hours later had first bowel motion (BM). Was on the toilet 14 times over seven and a half hours after taking pill. Rectum very sore and some bleeding. Two more times after midnight when my sleeping pill took effect. This was worse than Linzess except only took about 30 minutes for BM after Linzess. Never again."

Pook (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Worked great"

Davida (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I tried one tablet around 2pm and within the hour I was on the toilet with a runny evacuation, then bloating, then more dirrahea, more gas, even more runny evacuation. This lasted the until maybe 8:30pm. That night I experience pains running through my body, my arms and legs hurt so badly. It’s hard to describe, not sure what that was. I think it was from the trulance medicine so I’m scared to take another one. I had a loose evacuation the next evening and this was without taking another tablet on day 2. I’m considering taking the tablet every other day but not sure. Someone mentioned weight that is a huge neon green , orange and red flag for me to stop I want to loose weight not gain it. Plus I’d think cleaning out would reduce ones weight. Anywho my verdict is on the fence for now I don’t know I am elated to have a bm given I can maybe once a week."

Just wanna be regular (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I’ve been on this for one year and it is my miracle medicine! 5 years of fighting of the worst constipation and now I go regularly almost every day. My pain and anxiety is gone! Thank you Trulance!"

Pam August 11, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Those of you saying it caused stomach pain, bloating and didn't produce a BM should probably make sure that 1. You don't have a blockage and 2. Be tested for pelvic floor dysfunction or possible anal stenosis."

Carma (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "After fighting with insurance company..I finally got approval with a $145.00 co pay..all I can say is it better work"

Shane (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "It was the worst medicine for my IBS. I took it around 4:45pm, the same day I got them as samples from my Dr. I was in the bathroom 1 and half hours later with severe diaper rash. I've never had a medicine work so fast and it was awful. It was like I took the prep for the colonoscopy. At 4am, I have a rumbling stomach ache. Unless you have constipation so bad with IBS, this could be a help!!"

Ja (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I started taking this a little over a month ago. Was taking it for 2 or 3 days straight and had trips to the bathroom for long periods after. I had enough at that point because you can't live a normal life. I called the dr, told him I'm done and he advised me to take it every other day. He advise me that it has to work into your system and to stick with it. It does upset my stomach some for a short time after, but nothing like it was when I took it daily and do not take any dairy because that makes it worse. I've noticed that of I skip an extra day my stomach gets more upset when I take the next dose. Does help with the issue but I'm not sure it is a long term answer. I still have the side pain I originally had but it has subsided some. Hope this helps."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I started taking this medication 2 days ago and within an hour of taking my first pill I was having a bowel motion. I have taken laxatives everyday for 2 years straight. I went to the GI Dr on Friday and she gave me samples to try and I love it so far."

MM (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Have had CIC (chronic idiopathic constipation) forever. Have had a colon bypass. This drug is not working for me. I am on day 4. Very bloated. Feel as if I need to go to the bathroom but can't. I was on Linzess for a few months. At first it worked well, then it took longer and longer to work and then it quit altogether. Felt awful, bloated. Quit taking. My Doctor, whom I adore, suggested Trulance. Gave me a one week sample. I won't finish. It hasn't worked since day one and once again I feel awful and bloated. Also today, I am itching like crazy."

Pickles (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018