User Reviews for Trulance

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
6.2

Summary of Trulance reviews 6.7 108 reviews

Reviews for Trulance

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Began taking for severe constipation and from the very first to almost 3 months later, I still have nightly very VERY watery stools for 5-8 hours. Cannot take this medicine and have any evening plans. I can almost guarantee that 1 1/2 hours after taking this medicine I will feel the first gurgle and will spend the rest of the night in the bathroom. It has helped with the pain in my abdomen and distension is almost gone. I feel better the next day until I take the next dose."

Bethany (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Received samples from physician and took for two weeks. No relief obtained."

MawMaw (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I been on Trulance now for three months 3mg. At first use maybe like 4 days in I was going to quit because it was not doing much of anything. I was going to go back to my Miralax but my wife convinced me to hang in there so on the 5 day the heavens opened up"

Trulyblessed (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Was on both Lactolose & Relistor for over 2 years. Just started Trulance and what an amazing drug. Within an hour had a decent bowel movement without abdominal cramps, bloating & flatulance. 5 stars out of 5."

Jakmak52 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I was so excited to take this I took one on my way home from Dr as I hadn't gone in 2 weeks! So went out to eat and hour after I took it ran to bathroom explosive diarrhea for 3-4 hours to the point I couldn’t make it to bathroom. So then next time decided to take at night and hour after my stomach gurgles loud for 2 hours then back to explosive diarrhea for 3-4 hours the kind you don’t even know it’s coming ! Wish it would work for me but would rather be constipated at this point !"

Julie (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Took first and last dose at 4:30pm. Two hours later had first bowel motion (BM). Was on the toilet 14 times over seven and a half hours after taking pill. Rectum very sore and some bleeding. Two more times after midnight when my sleeping pill took effect. This was worse than Linzess except only took about 30 minutes for BM after Linzess. Never again."

Pook (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Worked great"

Davida (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I tried one tablet around 2pm and within the hour I was on the toilet with a runny evacuation, then bloating, then more dirrahea, more gas, even more runny evacuation. This lasted the until maybe 8:30pm. That night I experience pains running through my body, my arms and legs hurt so badly. It’s hard to describe, not sure what that was. I think it was from the trulance medicine so I’m scared to take another one. I had a loose evacuation the next evening and this was without taking another tablet on day 2. I’m considering taking the tablet every other day but not sure. Someone mentioned weight that is a huge neon green , orange and red flag for me to stop I want to loose weight not gain it. Plus I’d think cleaning out would reduce ones weight. Anywho my verdict is on the fence for now I don’t know I am elated to have a bm given I can maybe once a week."

Just wanna be regular (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I’ve been on this for one year and it is my miracle medicine! 5 years of fighting of the worst constipation and now I go regularly almost every day. My pain and anxiety is gone! Thank you Trulance!"

Pam August 11, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Those of you saying it caused stomach pain, bloating and didn't produce a BM should probably make sure that 1. You don't have a blockage and 2. Be tested for pelvic floor dysfunction or possible anal stenosis."

Carma (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "After fighting with insurance company..I finally got approval with a $145.00 co pay..all I can say is it better work"

Shane (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "It was the worst medicine for my IBS. I took it around 4:45pm, the same day I got them as samples from my Dr. I was in the bathroom 1 and half hours later with severe diaper rash. I've never had a medicine work so fast and it was awful. It was like I took the prep for the colonoscopy. At 4am, I have a rumbling stomach ache. Unless you have constipation so bad with IBS, this could be a help!!"

Ja (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I started taking this a little over a month ago. Was taking it for 2 or 3 days straight and had trips to the bathroom for long periods after. I had enough at that point because you can't live a normal life. I called the dr, told him I'm done and he advised me to take it every other day. He advise me that it has to work into your system and to stick with it. It does upset my stomach some for a short time after, but nothing like it was when I took it daily and do not take any dairy because that makes it worse. I've noticed that of I skip an extra day my stomach gets more upset when I take the next dose. Does help with the issue but I'm not sure it is a long term answer. I still have the side pain I originally had but it has subsided some. Hope this helps."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I started taking this medication 2 days ago and within an hour of taking my first pill I was having a bowel motion. I have taken laxatives everyday for 2 years straight. I went to the GI Dr on Friday and she gave me samples to try and I love it so far."

MM (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Have had CIC (chronic idiopathic constipation) forever. Have had a colon bypass. This drug is not working for me. I am on day 4. Very bloated. Feel as if I need to go to the bathroom but can't. I was on Linzess for a few months. At first it worked well, then it took longer and longer to work and then it quit altogether. Felt awful, bloated. Quit taking. My Doctor, whom I adore, suggested Trulance. Gave me a one week sample. I won't finish. It hasn't worked since day one and once again I feel awful and bloated. Also today, I am itching like crazy."

Pickles (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "First and second day bloating. The third day I had very bad diarrhea for 10 hours .Don't think I will continue taking this drug."

Domikct (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Causes severe diarrhea. Do not recommend"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Wrote a review previously. Still no side effects after taking for 3 months. Only thing I’ve noticed is weight gain - I was consistently 120 lbs for several years without change and since starting the medicine I am up to 126 without any other significant lifestyle changes. This medication somewhat improved frequency of BM but it’s hit or miss. Some days I still feel really backed up, others I have a well-formed movement. When taken with a probiotic this medication reduced my bloating signfiicantly. I would prefer not to be on long term medication anyway so I may consider discontinuing if I can’t drop the weight by increasing exercise. I need to find the root cause of my constipation instead of putting a band-aid on it. Make sure to get your ALS liver panel checked, as this medication can elevate those in some patients. Elevated ALS means your liver is inflamed/irritated."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I love trulance! I’m surprised people are saying it made them gain weight, as it is not a listed side effect, and I actually managed to lose 2lbs while taking it. I’ve suffered from severe bloating and moderate constipation for almost two years. I was sick of the constant cycle of laxative on Friday night- flat stomach Saturday- constipation building Sunday through Friday- repeat. I was tired of planning my life around my laxative and my bloat. There were and are many times when I take a laxative and it would do nothing but make me bloat up to two sizes bigger then I am. Trulance has been gentle. No cramping, only mild bloat, and no water retention. My only negative comments revolve around the day long diarrhea, and the stomach distensiom that comes from going off it cold turkey. (I ran out and am waiting for my prescription)"

Hayley Quinta (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I spent so much money for this useless, non working placebo. Does not do anything. How did FDA approved this useless drug!!!!!!"

Mike (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I had to share my experience. Opposite of most. I was afraid to even try this reading how much diarrhea people get. Took the first one in evening and prepared to rush to bathroom. Felt nothing. Next morning I had a very small hard bowel motion. Throughout the day I began to feel progressively more sick. Headache, exhausted, foggy, shaky. Almost a migraine type feeling. Took second dose that evening. Woke up the next morning feeling I was run over by a train. Horrible headache, shaking, pain in face behind eyes, totally wiped out. I was completely bloated, felt like I had a round balloon in my stomach. I had a hard time getting through the day and decided I needed to stop. It took a full 24 hours to feel better. Finally 36 hours later I have started pooping again and the headache is fading. This medicine was NOT for me. I have never had such serious side effects."

KC (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Free samples from my gastroenterologist. Read the reviews and was hopeful. Took one at 5pm and by the next day nothing. Followed my 5pm regime for 4 more days and nothing. Dr recommended I do a half colonoscopy prep with miralax and dulcolax. Did that waited 2 days took the trulance at 10pm and by midnight I was emptying out. If it’s not working you should ask your doc about doing a semi colonoscopy prep to get things moving. Oh and drink plenty of water!"

I finally went (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Trulance works as intended, it is easy to take. It gave me a bit of a diarrhea at first, but now it works perfectly."

Charles J1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I have struggled with chronic constipation my entire life. I am a 29 year old female and my gastro dr prescribed me Trulance over 2 weeks ago. For the last 11 yrs I have tried everything including amitiza, linzess, bag enemas, miralax, dulcolax, etc. None worked. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis, celiac disease and Chronic constipation. My entire colon is slow transit. I was really optimistic when I saw other reviews saying within 2 hours they were having diarrhea. I was surprised some people gave up taking this drug due to the diarrhea. I have a 4yo son I don't have time to feel awful anymore. I am so disappointed. Over 2 weeks on Trulance and nothing. Just bloating and gas. I plan on seeing my dr and asking about removing some of my colon. I am desperate to stop feeling toxic. I am glad this medication works for some people. I would recommend to at least give it a try you could have better results than what I did. Good luck!"

Brittany (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Donna C mentioned sinus problems. My sinus issues (post nasal drip in particular) were result of reflux & hiatal hernia. When bad PND got worse. Nexium greatly improved things! I figured out myself-tons of online research. My gastro said he'd heard that can be the case. Unfortunately, doesn't fix the greater problem but thought it might be useful. I have severe constipation thought to be result of scar tissue in abdomen-1X had complete obstruction that resulted in resection. Have tried every possible med. Experience with Trulance was initially positive-lasted about 3 days. More gas than usual but moved my bowels more completely and more normal looking. Since has been almost explosive diarrhea, though not as terrible as with Linzess. Giving this a bit more time but, like others, really just so tired of how this controls and limits my life. Still on trial packs but RX is approved and waiting for me to p/u."

Jury Still Out May 23, 2018