User Reviews for Trulance

7.2

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Summary of Trulance reviews 7.1 88 reviews

Reviews for Trulance

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I had to share my experience. Opposite of most. I was afraid to even try this reading how much diarrhea people get. Took the first one in evening and prepared to rush to bathroom. Felt nothing. Next morning I had a very small hard bowel motion. Throughout the day I began to feel progressively more sick. Headache, exhausted, foggy, shaky. Almost a migraine type feeling. Took second dose that evening. Woke up the next morning feeling I was run over by a train. Horrible headache, shaking, pain in face behind eyes, totally wiped out. I was completely bloated, felt like I had a round balloon in my stomach. I had a hard time getting through the day and decided I needed to stop. It took a full 24 hours to feel better. Finally 36 hours later I have started pooping again and the headache is fading. This medicine was NOT for me. I have never had such serious side effects."

KC (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Free samples from my gastroenterologist. Read the reviews and was hopeful. Took one at 5pm and by the next day nothing. Followed my 5pm regime for 4 more days and nothing. Dr recommended I do a half colonoscopy prep with miralax and dulcolax. Did that waited 2 days took the trulance at 10pm and by midnight I was emptying out. If it’s not working you should ask your doc about doing a semi colonoscopy prep to get things moving. Oh and drink plenty of water!"

I finally went (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Trulance works as intended, it is easy to take. It gave me a bit of a diarrhea at first, but now it works perfectly."

Charles J1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I have struggled with chronic constipation my entire life. I am a 29 year old female and my gastro dr prescribed me Trulance over 2 weeks ago. For the last 11 yrs I have tried everything including amitiza, linzess, bag enemas, miralax, dulcolax, etc. None worked. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis, celiac disease and Chronic constipation. My entire colon is slow transit. I was really optimistic when I saw other reviews saying within 2 hours they were having diarrhea. I was surprised some people gave up taking this drug due to the diarrhea. I have a 4yo son I don't have time to feel awful anymore. I am so disappointed. Over 2 weeks on Trulance and nothing. Just bloating and gas. I plan on seeing my dr and asking about removing some of my colon. I am desperate to stop feeling toxic. I am glad this medication works for some people. I would recommend to at least give it a try you could have better results than what I did. Good luck!"

Brittany (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Donna C mentioned sinus problems. My sinus issues (post nasal drip in particular) were result of reflux & hiatal hernia. When bad PND got worse. Nexium greatly improved things! I figured out myself-tons of online research. My gastro said he'd heard that can be the case. Unfortunately, doesn't fix the greater problem but thought it might be useful. I have severe constipation thought to be result of scar tissue in abdomen-1X had complete obstruction that resulted in resection. Have tried every possible med. Experience with Trulance was initially positive-lasted about 3 days. More gas than usual but moved my bowels more completely and more normal looking. Since has been almost explosive diarrhea, though not as terrible as with Linzess. Giving this a bit more time but, like others, really just so tired of how this controls and limits my life. Still on trial packs but RX is approved and waiting for me to p/u."

Jury Still Out May 23, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I have Chronic Constipation all my life - I’m 50years old. No Pain but I can go a week easy only having about three rabbit size bowel motions. On a good week I might go 3x a hard 5 inch bowel motion. I decided to start it in a particularly bad week, at night. No cramps but lots of gurgling. Two times I went an ok BM but at least it was back to back. Third morning was HORRIBLE. Diarrhea so bad I couldn’t control the flow like a colonoscopy prep, for hours, but dark brown like it was clearing me out all the way. I was housebound for hours. Sorry. Not for me. Back to over the counter laxatives which stop working. I had high hopes."

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I am a 61-year-old female who has had IBS – C my whole life. My problem is bloating and not having any BMs for several days. I’ve tried other drugs: Zelnorm ( worked well but taken off the market ), Amitiza, and Linzess. Have been on Trulance for six days and only after two days did I have two medium BMs. The first two days I took it at night and it worked on the third day. However, I had dry mouth at night and would wake up, so I started taking the drug in the morning on the next day. Since then nothing. I’ll try going back to the evening which after reading the reviews from others seems to work better. I’ll keep you posted after another week. I’m hoping this drug works. Not impressed yet but hopeful!"

Linda N (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "The very first time I took Trulance was in the late afternoon since that's when I got home from the Doctor who gave me samples. About an hour or so later I started having increased diarrhea that went on for 3-4 hours. So I picked different times to take it. Next time wasn't so bad but after a week and a half it just doesn't work! So now I will experiment taking it at bedtime. Not giving up yet"

Sher (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I used to have to push very hard to be able to poop. It would take me 20-30 minutes just sitting there and making a huge effort. I started developing severe abdominal pain to the point I couldn’t even walk. Several times I dropped on the floor unable to walk. I thought the pain was related to my IUD device so I removed it hoping it would help. It was on that visit that my gynecologist recommended me that if the pain didn’t go away that it was possible I had Chronic Idiopathic Constipation and that a new treatment called Trulance was available. The pain didn’t go away so I decided some over the counter laxatives but they would make me get diarrhea. So finally I changed my diet and I noticed that as long as I didn’t ate any processed foods I would be ok but as soon as I ate anything ‘unhealthy’ I would get cramps again."

Alexandra_1991 April 19, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "It works! Soft and effective"

amom (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have had irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C) for most of my life. I am a 56 year old man. I have had other problems since my early thirties which are side effects from eating and drinking anything that contains sugar. If I eat ketchup on fries, drink a soda or a glass of sweet tea, I am unable to keep my eyes open after 30 minutes and have to sleep off the symptoms. I started taking trulance last friday. I have had a bm every day since then. I no longer have side effects to sugar. I love this medicine!"

homer alverson (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I began Trulance about a year and a half ago, soon after it was released onto the market. For years I had taken a probiotic, and my pain was worse. I did a Miralax regiment for several months, with no luck. My doctor then put me on Linzess, which was the most miserable I’ve ever been in my life. I was prescribed Trulance and have had very few problems since. If I maintain a diet and eating schedule, I have a regular BM every morning. I rarely have pain, if I do, it is caused by gas of not taking my pill on time. Trulance has drastically improved my confidence as I reclaimed my health."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I must admit I was skeptic at first to try prescribed drug for constipation, but it works better than other over-the-counter drugs that I tried before. I empty my bowel daily now, with no effort and no extra pain!"

Suzannenick (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Started 2 weeks ago. Take it every night. No significant AEs except increased gas after taking. The gas actually helps reduce bloating though, so I don't mind. Have not noticed improvement in BMs yet, and feel very backed up. Wondering if I need to clean out with mag citrate before starting this drug, as I can tell I am still full of stool that isn't coming out. Will have the urge for BM and then only pass a very small amount. I will give it another few weeks and update my review if things improve. So far not thrilled, as I was hoping this would help me :/"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Been on for over a month now have mild rash and it still has me having liquid movements in two hours after taking it. Also has me gaining more weight then even linzess did have gained 6 pounds in month and ever morning bloated and can tell body waiting for meds to go again plus food non digestion can tell what I ate when I go tired of all of this"

Lady red5 March 20, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I took this med for the first time today. 3 MGS and I was in the bathroom for a while. Good thing I was home. I felt like I took the prep for a colonoscopy.....not for me."

Anonymous March 2, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Works better than some other medications that I tried before, but it's not a replacement for a healthy diet that is full of fibers and vitamins."

Mayaabc (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "No way I'd use this thing again. Certainly it's not possible to do so on a regular basis. I took it several hours ago; can't stop going to the bathroom. It might work perfectly for some people though. If you can spare a day, try it, and see if it produces a normal bowel movement, or has you running to the bathroom with diarrhea. [edit/update] I can feel it trying to work *the next day* early in the morning (5:00 AM) waking me up. So no thank you to this drug again!"

solarskater February 25, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Oh my goodness I can't get out the bathroom!! I took it at 8PM at 9:30 had first BM after thunder in my intestines, now 6 1/2 hours later STILL pooping and it smells awful!! And it is liquid with some formed but mostly watery diarrhea. I don't think I will use this again, hope the loose stools stop soon, pooped on myself while asleep too!!!"

Bee February 23, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I started on Trulance close to a month ago. I have chronic constipation due to massive nerve damage in lumbo/sacral region caused by a spinal cord disease. Since taking this medication I have actually gained 10lbs which I do NOT need, and I am developing sinus problems which is what happened when I took Linzess. I was on an antibiotic every 3-4 months while taking Linzess. I have no appetite with Trulance but I am still gaining weight? Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm at a loss what to do bc I'm out of options. I've taken all OTC medications and scripts and NOTHING is working. The Trulance is a hit/miss situation like Linzess was. Any certain things anyone has done to help with this?? I'm desperate. Thank y'all. "

Donna C February 22, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I have IBC and after years of laxatives and enemas which stopped working I was put on linzess for just shy of two years. I gained weight had horrible bloat and brain fog feeling. I could not take linzess every day and in the last few month linzess raised my blood pressure. I just started Trulance for a week, I had diarrhea movements within two hours but do not feel bloat or in that horrible brain fog anymore also stopped gaining the weight linzess was causing I am praying this will keep working for me"

red lady 5 February 18, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I take 3 mg at bedtime for my Gastroparesis I wake up each morning with a comfortable, normal BM. At week two I experienced some bloating but it subsided within a week. I have never had ANYTHING work this well. My choices have always been severe, painful constipation or highly medicated, cramp inducing diarrhea. Trulance has changed my life after years of too much time spent and thought spent on my bowel management."

Eureka! (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "it's doing it's job. What else can I say?"

trulancereview1 February 13, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "Back to normal"

Bob Trummel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2018

For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation "I know it's silly but for me, this has been a life saver. Switched to Trulance and never going back."

JR87 February 10, 2018