User Reviews for ClearLax

ClearLax has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings on Drugs.com. 82% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 9% reported a negative experience.

Constipation
9.7
Constipation, Acute
9.5
Bowel Preparation
Summary of ClearLax reviews 8.8 11 reviews

Reviews for ClearLax

Feel Good · June 25, 2012

For Constipation: “I haven't use the bathroom like I supposed to in the last month. I have taken Fleet and other laxatives but it just did not work. I felt so bloated and I never stopped eating. Finally I couldn't take it no more so I went the doctor and she prescribed me something to take. The medicine that she prescribed for me wasn't covered by my insurance so I went to Walmart and saw that ClearLax had almost the same ingredients. I bought me some apple juice and mixed it together. About an hour later I really used the bathroom and I feel great. If it works for me, it is some good stuff and I am serious.”

Anonymous · July 28, 2010

For Constipation: “I've been taking Clearlax a little over a week now. I kept complaining to my wife for years about bowel movement troubles. She told me if I'm having so much trouble to buy some Miralax. I found Clearlax with same ingredients as Miralax. Anyway, my constipation was driving me crazy and painful. I was having trouble with hemorrhoids, stomach cramps, bowel movements and etc., you name it. I no longer use Preparation H, and feel great. ”

Pompom · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 14, 2018

For Constipation: “I take bicycodil and 1 cap of clear lax (in water or Sprite/7up) before bedtime - it works brilliantly for me. Highly recommend that you at least try Clearlax; you don't have to use the dulcolax/major tablets with it but that's what works for ME .. so everyone's body is different. I have not experienced any upset tummy as I did with dulcolax; but with the major and clear lax, I feel perfectly fine and good to get on with my day after noon ..”

JayneLHH · Taken for 2 to 5 years · April 20, 2017

For Constipation, Acute: “I was chubby for years and almost never had bowel movements. When I did, it was with pain so severe I nearly passed out. My doctor recommended MiraLax and I started taking it every night. I do go to the bathroom now and sometime multiple times a day. I feel so much better and have lost over 50 pounds over two years. I have blood work and a complete workup every three months, but so far, so good. Best part I am no longer a couch potato and work outside a lot and swim. It really changed my life.”

BackedUp · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 8, 2018

For Constipation: “Following horrific food poisoning, I became extremely constipated. Could not poop for roughly 2 weeks. I have IBS-C and ClearLax (polyethylene glycol 33350) is the only medication that has helped me. 3 days post taking ClearLax, I had a loose bowel movement that was smelly. But after I cut the amount of ClearLax from 17g to 10g, BM's have been relatively normal. Side effects: queasiness after drinking ClearLax with water, rumbling stomach, excessive gas, and looser BM's. there is a slight flavor to it, almost tastes like artificial cucumber. Highly recommend this product”

Mhallwf · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · September 24, 2015

For Constipation: “It works but is hard to regulate dose. I always eat a lot fruits and veg so sometimes I cut down dosage then stop going. Some others have results in a day or two, takes at least 3 to 4 days for me. Eating the way I do its hard to regulate especially having to wait for result. I really like the product, just sometime it works too good!!!”

Nellie · Taken for less than 1 month · August 2, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: “I used it instead of Miralax because of the nice price, but soon regretted it. Clearlax made me extremely sick. I was very nauseated with vomiting, and no pooping at all (probably because I threw up everything). I poured it all out and bought more Miralax.”

Defective for me? · Taken for less than 1 month · December 17, 2020

“I’ve been taking miralax for the past 3 days, and haven’t had any bowel movements? I’ve never taken a laxative powder but I have used duolex pills which are a whole different other experience in my opinion. But clearlax says it’s supposed to work within 3-4 days. The first day I took about 10g, and yesterday and today I took the full 17g, and still nothing. I guess we will see tomorrow... if nothing happens I think I’m going to go buy miralax.”

Anonymous · August 21, 2011

For Constipation: “I have been using Clearlax for 3 months, as I take many medications everyday that constipate me. I have not had any problems and continue to take everyday with no problems.”

Sir poop-a-lot · Taken for less than 1 month · December 14, 2019

For Constipation: “The low keto diet my doctor put me on plugged me up a little, so I tried this product ClearLax, and it worked like a charm!”

OttawaMarc · Taken for less than 1 month · March 1, 2018

For Constipation, Acute: “Works too well. Forget going anywhere!! Set A Guinness Record For Number of Daily Poos. I have a sore ass so am getting getting off this stuff!!”

Drewster49 · Taken for less than 1 month · May 16, 2018

For Constipation: “Take once a day. Effective but pronounced stomach cramps.”