User Reviews for MiraLAX to treat Constipation, Acute

MiraLAX has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Constipation, Acute. 88% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

MiraLAX Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 27 medications used in the treatment of Constipation, Acute.

Reviews for MiraLAX

Miralax saved me · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2020

“Some parts of this review may be TMI - so you are forewarned - but I am hoping to help anyone in my shoes. I have had constipation issues since I was 18 (40 now) lately, it has been getting so severe that I ended up in the ER with severely impacted stool (twice). That was a nightmare. I don't like prescription medication so dr told me to try Miralax once a day. Man, this has been a life saver. If I notice my stools are too soft, I will skip the next day and take it the day after. I mix a capful with Gatorade, I let it sit in the fridge for about half hour and when I see it's all dissolved, down the hatch it goes. No taste and works wonders!”

ljeann February 18, 2013

“I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome with constipation. Before taking Miralax, I would go days without a bowel movement. Nothing but misery. After talking with my doctor about Miralax she suggested that I take it everyday for one year. Upon doing so, I had a bowel movement and sometimes several everyday. I got to the point that I sometimes was losing control so started cutting back on how many days I took Miralax. I now take it 2-3 times a week, usually have a bowel movement daily and have control of the situation.”

Liz89 June 13, 2011

“I had been suffering from severe constipation that couldn't be cured even with laxatives for 2 weeks until my doctor recommended Miralax. I took it with no real progress for 3 days, but on the 4th day I finally started having normal bowel movements! I did not experience any side effects whatsoever as you do with laxatives. (No diarrhea, gas, bloating, sudden urgency, etc.). I finally had complete relief! Also, I mixed Miralax with cranberry juice. It had virtually no taste and dissolves completely. I highly recommend this to anyone suffering from constipation.”

Anonymous March 13, 2012

“I recently had a laparoscopic hysterectomy. As some of you may know, anesthesia from surgery can cause the bowels to basically just stop moving. Add to this the trauma of surgery in a nearby region, combined with taking narcotics, and I was MISERABLE. It took 3 days for it to work, but when it did it was a major miracle. I did not realize constipation could be so bad you'd consider that you might DIE. Miralax not only works, but it does not give you the horrible sick cramps you get with stimulant laxatives. Just the best ever.”

LRB · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

“Miralax is amazing! Give it a few days to work. It’s not instant, but it works. I promise. I’m 17 weeks pregnant and hadn’t pooped in 5 days. (Trying to go made me cry, sweat, and bleed. It felt like I was stuffed up with a softball.) I was ready to go to the ER for manual disimpaction :( Then, on day three of using Miralax, I pooped! Yes!! I literally skipped and ballerina-twirled out of the bathroom! I texted my husband and best friend that I POOPED! I can’t wait to gift a bottle of Miralax to all my pregnant friends :)”

MP28 January 12, 2015

“I've been constipated for some time and I couldn't have a normal bowel movement, and then a friend reccomended I try Miralax because they were hospitalized and having problems, but I tried it the first day and I loved it so much that I do it once a day every day to once every couple of days. I highly reccomend this to anyone who suffers with constipation. And it also mixes in well with anything you want to drink, so it's tasteless and easy to drink.”

Avvetnav · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

“I’ve used miralax previously with success. Most recently after a number of issues, change in diet and medication changes I had developed significant constipation issues. After a few days of discomfort and a fear of straining creating other issues such as hemorrhoids and diverticulitis, I decided to give it a try again. Worked within an hour on a full dose. No major cramping or pain, but definitely a need to go. The most uncomfortable side effect was the excessive sweating. Didn’t last long but was quite uncomfortable. Some mild nausea when it first started but ended quickly as I continued to have bowel movements.”

CushMJ78 September 10, 2013

“I suffer from Syringomyelia. This is a condition that severely effects your Nervous System. The stools that my Digestive Process produces kind of changes from day to day. Since I am already on a Whole Foods Diet without any Dairy or Wheat products sometimes I'm Regular. Other times my stool will either be too hard to get out and thus will stay stuck inside of me for a few days resulting in terrible gas/bloating. Other times my Stool will be completely liquid and yet because my Nervous System is not responding correctly I just can't flush it out of my Intestines. Whenever my Bowels are not functioning correctly all I need is a small dose of Miralax in a Cup of Water and within 20 minutes I'm able to go no problem. Highly recommended.”

Kathinwa · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2015

“I am 65 years old and suffer from diverticulitis. I ended up being hospitalized and did get better but not totally. One day I was in horrible pain and vomited. I had an impaction. The doctor gave me high doses of antibiotics and prescribed miralax. That was a few months ago. I only take as needed as the pain on the left side signals trouble. As long as I don't get constipated, thanks to miralax, I am okay. This stuff works for me. I buy Costco brand since it is cheaper.”

User82928471928 · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2016

“I had used other laxatives to regulate my digestive system and many of the other laxatives gave me awful side effects such as nausea, excruciating cramping and others, miralax worked very well without the side effects the other meds had.”

Scp · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2019

“I have been taking for about a week and I notice my stomach extended and was way bloated. I read this was one of the side effects taking this MiraLAX. I go to the bathroom but I look like I’m 3 months pregnant What to do. I’m only 5’5 and 130 lbs. bloating and gas real bad. Help.”

ccb711 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 6, 2015

“Heart medication has caused acute constipation. When I take miralax, I go get BMs, but the effect is that I am extremely gasey and each time gas passes, small amount of poop comes out. It keeps me running to the bathroom and holding gas day and night. Sometimes I get to where I cannot stand the constipation any longer and try the miralax again... same horrible results and never feel cleaned out.”

Sheba November 15, 2020

“My first day of use of MiraLAX I had a lot of passing gas and one small movement. My second day a small movement but cramping and bloating feelings began. At night the nausea and cramping stopped me from sleeping. Third day still some cramping and fullness. No movement just cramping and bloating. Going back to the urgent care for instructions. Will not take Miramax again.”

Poop queen · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2016

“I hadn't had a bowel movement in a few days so I mixed some of this into my apple juice and within 3 minutes I was in the bathroom. It works really well but it wouldn't stop coming out.....I feel less blocked up though so if you feel blocked, definitley try it”

Anjela · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 24, 2021

“I've been using generic Miralax 2-3x a day for years for drug-induced constipation. The problem was that I was either running to the bathroom or in pain from constipation. 2x a day could be too much but I never knew. Finally I decided to get an appt with a gastroenterologist and she suggested that I also dose 2x daily with Metamucil. The combo gives me normal poops most of the time. I really feel it if I get busy and forget. Now unless I feel impacted I take Miralax 2x a day and fiber 2x a day. The combo is amazing.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 13, 2012

“Works great. No running for the toilet or staying home and waiting. Go about your business. ”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 29, 2018

“Everytime I use miraLAX my body shows me how much it loves me. I can eat whatever I want because I know once the medicine kicks in I have no worries. The best poop aid I have EVER used.”