Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 7, 2020.
Generic name: ELUXADOLINE 75mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
The recommended dosage of VIBERZI is 100 mg taken orally twice daily with food.
The recommended dosage of VIBERZI is 75 mg taken orally twice daily with food in patients:
• unable to tolerate the 100 mg dose of VIBERZI [see Adverse Reactions (6.1)].
• receiving concomitant OATP1B1 inhibitors [see Drug Interactions (7)].
• with mild (Child-Pugh Class A) or moderate (Child-Pugh Class B) hepatic impairment [see Use in Specific Populations (8.6)].
• with moderate or severe renal impairment (eGFR less than 60 mL/min/1.73 m2); and in patients with end stage renal disease (ESRD) not yet on dialysis (eGFR less than 15 mL/min/1.73 m2) [see Use in Specific Populations (8.7)].
Discontinue VIBERZI in patients who develop severe constipation [see Warnings and Precautions (5.4)].
Instruct patients if they miss a dose, take the next dose at the regular time and not to take 2 doses at the same time to make up for a missed dose.
More about Viberzi (eluxadoline)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 211 Reviews
- Drug class: peripheral opioid receptor mixed agonists/antagonists
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.