User Reviews for Bismuth subsalicylate

Also known as: Pepto-Bismol, Kaopectate, Stomach Relief, Bismatrol, Kola-Pectin DS, Bismarex, Pink Bismuth, Peptic Relief, Childrens Kaopectate, Maalox Total Relief, Pepto-Bismol InstaCool Percy Medicine Bismatrol Maximum Strength Pepto-Bismol Original Strength Soothe Caplets

Traveler's Diarrhea 10.0
Diarrhea 9.4
Indigestion 7.9
Diarrhea, Chronic 5.8
Summary of Bismuth subsalicylate reviews 8.2 23 reviews

Reviews for Bismuth subsalicylate

Jc · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2020

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Traveler's Diarrhea: “Omg life saver hubby bought me pepto chewable and I literally came back to life I had stomach cramps & nausea due to a stomach bug and it all went away within minutes !!”

Sasha3522 · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “Let me tell you, Pepto Bismol is the best medicine I have ever taken for my stomach issues, I have IBS-C and sometimes my IBS medicine gives me nasty side effects, and makes me bloat, have indigestion, stomach pain and pepto bismol will literally get rid of all my symptoms. I absolutely love it! It has given me back my life seriously, I do not take my IBS medicine everyday whenever I need it, and then the side effects come and I will take pepto bismol and I feel actually normal! I forgot what normal felt like until I took this medicine! I always recommend it to my friends and family. I call pepto bismol gold in a bottle. Also I appreciate not having crazy side effects from this medicine, it just helps me and no problems. I only take it when I take my IBS medicine and it doesn't stop my IBS medicine from working either! This is great stuff”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2020

For Indigestion: “Horrible, low quality product! Hard as a rock to chew and does not dissolve well at all... nothing but hard gritty , nasty tasting chunks to try to get out of your mouth and teeth! Doesn't dissolve enough to actually help you in my experience. Just buy the real Pepto stuff and you'll be much happier and feel better.”

RockyColo · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2020

For Indigestion: “Had sudden onset of indigestion that sent acid up to the back of my throat. Antacid tablets did nothing to help. By late afternoon the next day I needed something, anything to make it stop. Called the Nurse Line on my insurance card, and she recommended something like Peptobismol. Was skeptical but had it on hand, so tried it. It worked perfectly, and because it can be used with greater frequency than other antacid treatments, I was able to take it seven times a day for 2 days, to let everything heal. Will not be without it. NOTE: be sure to drink plenty of water to prevent a problem at the other end:)”

Juggy123 · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2019

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “I had a serious digestive problem and I was given pepto-bismoth on the day it became sepsis so I ignored the symptoms and I spent 10 days in the hospital I was told it numbs the problem and caused sepsis so I thought I was ok but Nope”

Over it · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2019

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “Pepto worked for me for a few months then the symtoms came back wanting revenge. I think my body just got used to it”

Chilldude · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2019

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Indigestion: “Pepto-bismol is outstanding! I had a severe bout of nausea, and almost immediately after I took a dose of this life-saver, my nausea vanished. I recommend every one of you to try this.”

nicknamememe · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2019

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Indigestion: “I can't take pepto bismol, because if I do I get an allergic reaction I will break out in a rash. Shame too, it does help but the rash isn't worth the risk.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more July 26, 2018

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “I have used Pepto-Bismol liquid off & on for more than 10 years because it was effective. But, sadly, the manufacturer has changed the formula, replacing saccharine sweetener with sucralose. Now the liquid is so sickening sweet, I cannot use it and have switched to Kaopectate.”

Jb · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2018

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea: “I was so sick from a stomach virus going around my city including my own doctors office staff. I literally felt like I was dying. My wonderful neighbour brought me a bottle of Pepto Bismol and after the first dose I immediately started feeling better. I couldn’t believe it as I had been delirious only moments before.”

Jen Jandy · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2018

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Indigestion: “Used Pepto with Gas-X for my Nausea & Gas about half hour later and vomited severely. I do feel better having vomited but it wasn’t a pleasant experience. I don’t recommend taking the two together.”

Ali raza billo · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2017

Kapectolin (New Formula) (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “Use it and found good results.”

Joshua1993 November 8, 2017

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Indigestion: “Pepto Bismol has saved my life on several occasions. If I could, I would marry it. 10/10 would...NO!!! WILL buy again”

Heartburn and crap stopper April 22, 2017

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea: “Relieves my upset stomach, gas, diarrhea, heartburn, and its affordable.”

A11ycat1234 September 11, 2016

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Indigestion: “I've found pepto Bismol really useful for when I get acid reflux. It really helps to calm and cool my stomach. Anytime I'm feeling nauseous, it's the first thing I go to! I also take pepto bismol when I've eaten too much, as I do have a binge eating disorder. It helps prevent the reflux before it starts. I only take it when I'm experiencing symptoms.”

Saves the Day for You! · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 13, 2016

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea: “As a college student with moderate IBS symptoms/overly sensitive stomach, sharing one bathroom with four people can REALLY be scary. Instead of having to climb out the window and run into the woods or bang on the door begging for mercy, popping a couple Pepto Tablets can REALLY help relieve the symptoms of impending doom. Mellows my stomach out within 5 minutes of taking, doesn't taste bad and gives me a sense of safety. Sometimes, your stomach still gets upset much later, which at that point is completely fine-it has to come out sometime, right? Generally speaking, it's usually great and I never get the upset stomach! I recommend to anyone, it's saved me many times and can do the same for you.”

EricfromNC · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2016

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea: “Excellent stomach flu remedy. Stops symptoms quickly. For bad digestive issues such as the stomach flu the max liquid works better than caplets or chewable tablets. Gives fast effective relief.”

Rigoletto87 August 30, 2015

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Indigestion: “Very effective for me with both nausea and diarrhea. Works well at preventing vomiting, in my experience.”

Amsterdamn February 25, 2015

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “Terrible, yes it will stop your diharea but it will just hold everything in & make you nauses & after the pill wears over? Diharea again!!”

Suzanna Gibbons January 26, 2015

Kaopectate Anti-Diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea: “I had diarrhea for almost a month I have tried everything over the counter that you can find is this the only thing that has happened to stop the diarrhea it's been around forever and it's the only thing that's worked”

baddtummy March 26, 2012

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Indigestion: “Very good, very fast.”

Hino August 11, 2011

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Indigestion: “It tastes like liquid peppermint bubble gum.”

Anonymous February 15, 2011

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea: “Very effective for diarrhea, besides it alleviates heartburn and stomach discomfort”

Daniel D July 20, 2010

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea: “Pepto-Bismol did not CURE my problem; but it slowed diarrhea until I was able to get to the doctor. A must have in all medicine cabinets!”

Anonymous March 4, 2008

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) for Diarrhea: “heray for pepto !!!”