User Reviews for Bismuth subsalicylate to treat Indigestion

Also known as: Pepto-Bismol, Kaopectate, Stomach Relief, Pink Bismuth, Bismatrol, Bismarex, Peptic Relief, Kola-Pectin DS, Childrens Kaopectate, Maalox Total Relief, Pepto-Bismol InstaCool Percy Medicine Bismatrol Maximum Strength Pepto-Bismol Original Strength Soothe Caplets …show all brand names

Bismuth subsalicylate has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Indigestion. 75% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 25% reported a negative experience.

Bismuth subsalicylate rating summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 246 medications used in the treatment of Indigestion.

Reviews for Bismuth subsalicylate

ThankYou · Taken for 2 to 5 years · January 16, 2022

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “It is a must have in my medicine cabinet, knowing I have it makes me feel so secure. I occasionally (maybe once or twice a year) wake up with very horrible stomach pain, and it used to plague me for up to 48 hours, and I would constantly be worrying about the day it would come. Now, if I do experience stomach pains, taking a dose of pepto bismol eliminates the pain within 30 minutes. It is a miracle drug. I no longer live in fear.”

A11ycat1234 · September 11, 2016

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “I've found pepto Bismol really useful for when I get acid reflux. It really helps to calm and cool my stomach. Anytime I'm feeling nauseous, it's the first thing I go to! I also take pepto bismol when I've eaten too much, as I do have a binge eating disorder. It helps prevent the reflux before it starts. I only take it when I'm experiencing symptoms.”

Jen Jandy · Taken for less than 1 month · January 7, 2018

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “Used Pepto with Gas-X for my Nausea & Gas about half hour later and vomited severely. I do feel better having vomited but it wasn’t a pleasant experience. I don’t recommend taking the two together.”

Jack · March 6, 2021

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “I had a minor acid reflux this week. I didn't know which over the counter medicine to take and so I googled. I randomly ended up at pepto bismol and read some reviews. Most of the reviews were quite positive about the drug and so I went to the nearest walgreens and bought one. I took it for the next two days as directed however it never worked or I didn't get better! I got annoyed and ended up throwing it! I went ahead and bought Alka Selzer and got better immediately! In conclusion, Alka Selzer is great and pepto bismol is not!”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month · January 14, 2020

“Horrible, low quality product! Hard as a rock to chew and does not dissolve well at all... nothing but hard gritty , nasty tasting chunks to try to get out of your mouth and teeth! Doesn't dissolve enough to actually help you in my experience. Just buy the real Pepto stuff and you'll be much happier and feel better.”

RockyColo · Taken for less than 1 month · January 7, 2020

“Had sudden onset of indigestion that sent acid up to the back of my throat. Antacid tablets did nothing to help. By late afternoon the next day I needed something, anything to make it stop. Called the Nurse Line on my insurance card, and she recommended something like Peptobismol. Was skeptical but had it on hand, so tried it. It worked perfectly, and because it can be used with greater frequency than other antacid treatments, I was able to take it seven times a day for 2 days, to let everything heal. Will not be without it. NOTE: be sure to drink plenty of water to prevent a problem at the other end:)”

Chilldude · Taken for less than 1 month · October 15, 2019

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “Pepto-bismol is outstanding! I had a severe bout of nausea, and almost immediately after I took a dose of this life-saver, my nausea vanished. I recommend every one of you to try this.”

karen · Taken for less than 1 month · August 24, 2020

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “This Pepto-Bismol stuff works so well in the liquid version. I had a stomach ache for over an hour then took it and I swear after 10 mins it worked, and my stomach does not hurt anymore.”

baddtummy · March 26, 2012

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “Very good, very fast.”

Hino · August 11, 2011

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “It tastes like liquid peppermint bubble gum.”

Rigoletto87 · August 30, 2015

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “Very effective for me with both nausea and diarrhea. Works well at preventing vomiting, in my experience.”

Joshua1993 · November 8, 2017

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “Pepto Bismol has saved my life on several occasions. If I could, I would marry it. 10/10 would...NO!!! WILL buy again”

nicknamememe · Taken for less than 1 month · August 19, 2019

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “I can't take pepto bismol, because if I do I get an allergic reaction I will break out in a rash. Shame too, it does help but the rash isn't worth the risk.”

Nana · August 29, 2020

Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate): “Works like magic !!!”

Learn more about Indigestion