User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, ...show all 60 brand names

Learn more about Miconazole.

Miconazole Rating Summary

3.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 51 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Miconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"Bought generic (Actavis) Monistat 7 to clear up a yeast infection, but if I'd known it would make things worse I would never have tried it. It felt like the inside of my vagina and my entire vulva was on fire. I lasted 2 of the 7 days, before I gave up on this. I had to visit my OBGYN for Diflucan and was also prescribed some intense antibiotics (Ampicillin 500mg) and a regimen of anti inflammatories (in addition to my own treatment of literally sitting on ice packs) to recover from the after effects of my allergic reaction (secondary infection, swelling, itching). I KNOW I used to be able to use both brand and generic Monistat without any adverse reactions when I was younger so I wonder if they changed the formulation."

TheWorst (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "Took this for a YI. I wasn't even burning from the infection itself, but the cream has made me feel like I went for a ride on Satan's crotch and then my vagina was dipped in the lake of eternal fire. The burning is so awful. I wish I had never used this product. This is torture. Even my abdomen is cramping. I read that can be a side affect, but my goodness, this is crazy. I am never using this product again."

Star_vvitch August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "This is my first Y.I and I couldn't get to the Dr. For a week, so they told me to try monistat, 7 day treatment. I put it in the first night, no problem. Second night, no problem. By the third day it was doing much better. But all of a sudden the third night, I put it in and intense itching happened. I put some of the cream on the outside and instant burning. It was horrible. I squeezed my legs together begging myself to fall asleep. I woke up that morning and was a little itchy, but felt way better. I then put it on tonight (my 4th night) around 8:30 and here it is, 12:40 and I am up frantically wiping it off trying to relieve this itch. It's horrible. its like it's better UNTIL I use the medicine. Definitely not finishing the last 2 days."

Awake at 12:35 August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Monistat 7 - this stuff has made my vagina go from 2-3 itching to 10 on scale of 1-10! I'm so miserable I feel like I'm going crazy! Please someone help me fix it!"

Hurt and confused (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole): "As a woman it is bound to happen! I have had YI before so I am very well aware of the early symptoms. I went to my local drug store and purchased the Monistat 1 Ovule package because I have tried a different version before and unfortunately experienced the awful pain as read in other Womens reviews. I figured I'd give this version a go because Monistat is the most common recommended OTC YI medication. I inserted the ovule about 2 hours ago and have experienced no discomfort whatsoever. I even applied the cream right away to help with any itching or burning that may occur instantly after application. I have not experienced any discomfort in the last two hours, only relief! Will purchase again/ and recommend."

Jaxie993 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Post op from full hystorectomy due to cancer and I developed a massive bacterial lung infection. Lowered immunities from cancer naturally meant I was placed on mega dose antibiotics, and suffered a minor internal yeast infection from it. Was given the three day generic script (store brand top care). Fine upon cream insertion, didn't suffer from external pain or itching so no need to apply the external cream. Laid down, seepage of the cream started to occur and then massive itching ensued. Itching was helped by removing what seepage I could get rid of, but not gone completely. Never had this issue with the monostat three day brand treatment. Will NEVER use this generic again."

Hystorectomy cancer patient (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I bought this for a YI and after inserting the egg shape medication the Miconazole 1 day combination, after inserting the egg as instructed 30 minutes later I woke up as if felt like some one pour acid inside of my vagina. It was so intense I almost vomited and darn near fainted. Week later it feels like I have no feeling in my vaginal area. I'm so angry I experience this and maybe looking into a lawyer. But no more YI, I rather had an YI before going through this."

Fried my vagina August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I'm 31 weeks pregnant and developed a YI. The doctor on call told me to get this stuff. Immediately after application I was filled with regret. It honestly felt like someone was taking a cheese grater to the interior and exterior of my lady parts. Why?! Seriously! I don't understand why this is okay. Does this pain occur with every application for all 7 days? I definitely can't tolerate that. I think I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and beg for ANY other treatment that's safe during pregnancy."

Meeshy7 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I got a yeast infection from taking antibiotics, so my mother ran out and bought this for me since I was in so much pain and my doctor couldn't get me in. I used the external cream with no problem, but the first night using the applicator was rough. It burnt and hurt so much I could barely sleep, which was not fun since I had work the next morning. I decided to keep using it though since I wanted to get rid of my yeast infection. The second day wasn't as bad and the burning went away within fifteen minutes. I just did the third tube and my vagina literally feels like it's on fire... but if it gets rid of this infection, it's worth it. However, I definitely will not be buying this again. It's so ridiculous."

abbierose (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The first night I definitely felt the burning i just thought it was the medicine fighting the infection and dealt with it and the day after my yeast infection seemed to be getting better so I used the 2nd insert for the second night and as soon as I got to my bed is when the horrible itching began 100x worse than when the infection started. Laying in bed praying that it stops contemplating on weather or not using tomorrows 3rd and final dose"

Oh my itchy August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took Monistat 3 and felt good for the first night of sleep. When getting ready for work in the morning it started to drip out I got the most intense itching/burning that made me want to cry. Terrible. Went away after about an hour. Whether it works or not this isn't cool. Going to the Dr for an alternative treatment."

Monistat 3 August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Like most, I stumbled across this because of a particularly painful experience with a generic Monistat 3 day cream. What I learned...if you get the internal cream on the external area that is inflamed from scratching, it will burn like lava!! I immediately stopped treatment and tried a coconut oil with tea tree and lavender treatment that soothed the itch & burn but did not clear up infection. So, I tried the miconazole again, this time I had no burning or discomfort and was finally able to get rid of this awful yeast infection."

Cammm August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Yup, I've never had this happen to me after taking yeast infection medicine but like many others here, my vagina is on fire. I am miserable. It does seem like this could be a bad batch as many other women seem to have had a similar experience."

AMC AZ August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

". I had my first yeast infection in 2016 but I didn't think much of it so I just ignored it. Now I am having another one in August of 2017. So I picked up Monistat 7 day treatment. I took a shower, used one of the wipes in the kit then put the applicator in my vagina and applied the cream into my vaginal area. All was fine until I stood up. This is the worst experience I've ever had. My vagina itches and burns really bad. I've tried bouncing around, putting a cool towel on my vagina, fanning the area, patting myself to stop the itching, putting my blanket in between my legs and squeezing my legs together really hard to suppress the itching. The treatment is more torturing than the actual yeast infection."

Kaelonna (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm using the 3 day treatment before bed and it feels like I stuck a jalapeño pepper in my vagina. Is this some sort of sadistic trick? I was unable to see a doctor for 5 days so I got this and instantly regretted it."

Saranout August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I wish I did a quick research on this medication before purchasing. I bought the 3 day supply that comes with the external cream and never have I felt more tortured down there than I did trying for the first time last night!!! This is ridiculous, it made my itchiness 1000x worse and it was not even an itch that u can scratch away. It felt like ants underneath my skin and within my vag. The only reason I'm giving this 2 stars is because the external cream did not make me want to sit on a pile of ice thank goodness... but it also didn't really have any positive effect either. I don't think I'm gonna finish the next 2 treatments & head straight to my Drs."

Resist the Crazy Itch August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Well, should have googled first! I've used this in the past with no problem but after an hour I'm still sitting with some frozen peas on my vajay. "

BurningVulva (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"THIS WAS HORRIBLE! I have the 7 day one and I am currently on day 1. After showering and inserting the medicine, I felt immense pain and burning. I tried fanning, holding my legs up, squeezing, hopping around and that didn't work. I eventually grabbed a towel and wiped as much as I could from the outside, which helped some. I took some Benadryl and used a(n) ice pack, so hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow."

CT.Disappointed (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So, I tried a store brand this time, and I am doing horribly. If I only had a yeast infection caused by antibiotics before, now I am miserable, itching like crazy, burning like hell, and short of sleep. I used the one day kind on Friday evening, and today is Monday evening with worse than ever itching and burning. I could barely sit at work today, and I hurt when I have to wipe myself after going to the bathroom. The skin looks raw all the way up to my butt. Are they trying to kill us?"

Erika1983 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "This is horrible! It only intensified the yeast infection! Immediate burnings and itching."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I should have read above before buying/trying. This stuff BURNS and ITCHIES like anything. I have the 3 day supply. I inserted the cream, all was well. I immediately then applied the tube of creme to my labia area. OMG within 10seconds it was hot fire flames. Like someone poured alcohol on wound. I hopped around hoping it would go away but I could not help by using my hand to get that crazy itch. I tried to wipe away the residual cream with water. But it still burning by the vagina itself. I am hoping once the cream starts to seep out it doesn't continue. I have to work tmrw. I have wet rag cooling in the fridge to apply nxt. This is worse than the yeast infection itself. HORRIBLE Product. They must not have tested this trash on women before release."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had minor irritation and suspected a y/i. Got this product and put it in, almost immediately I felt the burn. Its like putting rubbing alcohol on your bits. Then shaving the inside if your vagina. I couldn't even pull up my pants. I went to bed and lasted like 10 minutes before I had to run to the bath and wash it all off and try and get it out."

Burn victim (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm feeling like I have eczema on my vjayjay and doused with a gallon of gasoline bringing me to feel throbbing from 3rd degree like burning sensation. My bottom is on fire and itch level went from Zero to 100 as soon as the cream touched me, I feel worse than before using this product. Beware your basically paying for a trip to hell. Although I must say it's Day 2 and I felt better today after using just 1 night, but I hope they do something about the vagina chili tube that gives no immediate relief"

Red Chili Shot August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "Omg my vagina was on fire!!! On day 2 :( this is a torture! I rather give birth without epidural, so unbearable the burning. I took Motrin, I applied ice pack and vagisil maximum strength, finally calmed down after 2 hours. I really really really hope after 3rd day it goes away."

Alicia's August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "What happened to this formula?!? I've never had issues with this brand before. And just like most of the comments on here, I inserted the cream and everything was fine until I stood up, the cream naturally started to leak out, and immediately it started to burn but it was the unbearable itchiness that sucks. Then I came on this site and now wonder if there has been a bad batch! Complaints are almost all recent--July 2017. I used ice to help with relief... Monistat, what's going on?!? Lot # on box: R41816 Exp: 02/2019"

Don't have time for itchy vag (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2017