User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, ...show all 60 brand names

Learn more about Miconazole.

Miconazole Rating Summary

3.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Miconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "Hi I feel you all! I feel fire ants all over my vagina after inserting the medication. I hope it works. I used it before years ago and this was never and issue, my guess is that is a new formula. I hope I don’t get a YI anymore in my life."

Marylove31 (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole): "Went out & bought a 3 day pack -I'm 5 months pregnant & was recommended by pharmacist. Came home, and insertion alone made me burst into tears. Not sure if bc I'm so raw/swollen or due to the medication. However, I bought the anti-itch /anti-burning wipes and quickly went over the affected area. That seemed to have helped with the burning and itching. I grabbed an ice pack (wrapped in a towel) and have been sitting on it -Which has helped A LOT! everything is cold and numb, lol... RELIEF TO THE FULLEST! About 45 minutes after insertion and having the ice pack numb me up... I applied the topical cream that comes with the 3 day combo pack. Its been about 2 hours & I am not burning or itching!"

Sourdough❤ (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole): "This is my 3rd time using the Monistat 3 day ovules over the past 5 years or so and I swear by them! They always clear up my YI. Relatively inexpensive and easier than going to the doctor to get a prescription. Reading these reviews blows my mind a little because I've never experienced extreme burning, to be honest I barely know they are there. I insert them right before I go to bed and have absolutely no discomfort or issues. Maybe try doing this to prevent burning so the ovules dissolve and absorb while you are lying down instead of dripping out if you are sitting up or walking around. If you've experienced burning or are worried about burning I would say go to the doctor and get oral diflucan but I can vouch it isn't always painful."

Nursecourtney (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS! I bought the generic brand and I am itching like crazy as of right now and I am bleeding and I am burning inside. It hurts to pee so much I literally am wanting to cry! Please do not ever use this."

Cryinginside (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "So I've had a YI once before and it was the worst thing of my life. Now I'm 26 and I was taking doxycycline (antibiotic) that was prescribed to me by my dermatologist. I noticed a few days ago that I was burning and itching. Over the past 2 days it's been getting worse and worse, almost unbearable and today I noticed the discharge and knew exactly what it was. I use Noble Formula 2% Pyrithione Zinc (ZnP) Argan Oil Bar Soap (amazon purchase) on my face to treat cystic acne. I remembered that this soap is an anti fungal treatment. So I took a shower and used this to wash, there was a sting but soon went away. When I got out I inserted the M7, warm but not bad. I would highly recommend using the soap for a wash, I truly believe it helped!"

aidbfjqknrefku October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "Holy moly did they change the formula of this?? I get yeast infections regularly (I have rosacea so I have to take antibiotics every day=lots of yeast infections)...I usually use generic CVS yeast infection medicine with no problems, but I was at a different store so I bought Monistat 7...I’m on night 4 and I’m so tired of the almost unbearable itching that occurs right after I insert this!! It seems like it takes a good hour or more to die down. All I can do during that time is grit my teeth and clench my fists. It’s horrible! I will NEVER buy this again!!!"

ClyBby (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "So the dr gave me some amox-clav 875 mg a week ago. I only took 3 that was enough to know I had a darn YI ,so I used some Monostat cream for the outside because of the itching. hwen I tell y’all I was burning like anything - I wanted to run through the house screaming for a fire hose to put the fire out "

Meemee 1234 October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "Dude… I've only had this yeast infection for 2 days and now I'm taking that stuff today and I just want to say that I feel like my vagina is on fire. I know this treatment is effective but there has to be a better way. This is crazy."

Some 18 yr old girl (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was an absolute nightmare. 10 minutes after use of the product I was sitting on my bed crying my eyes out it hurt so bad. The burning sensation and pain was incredible. It takes a lot for me to cry about anything, especially when it comes to pain. I immediately had to take a shower and wash everything out. Worst product I think I've ever used in my life."

Rebecca Livi October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I have had an imbalance of yeast for years. I am 32, it started in my mid 20's where I really noticed the vaginal teeter totter. I was prescribed amoxicillin (10 days) for a bacterial infection of tonsils. I woke up with a swollen, dry vagina 5 days later. I took a diflucan and then bought a generic 7 day YI treatment. I felt no recovery until day 6 but still felt sensations and itching. The vaginal area was a little less swollen but still inflamed. No more yeast or texture but still had inner vaginal swelling. I am on night 7 and hoping it goes away because it still hasn't. This antibiotic mucked up my system. Seeing a homeopathic doctor in two weeks to rebalance my body before baby making. UGH."

LOULULOULU October 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "Monistat 7 is great. It does not cause burning like the 1 or 3 day version. It might be the burning everyone has experienced may be because you have a bacterial infection instead. Just make sure when using Monistat 7, that you are in fact treating a yeast infection. Good luck!"

Stacy231 October 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I used the 3 day cream. No burning or itching. I did develop a mild stomach cramp but that lasted a day and a half"

Anonymous October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Using this product is extremely painful! The package insert said to expect mild discomfort. It feels like my vagina and rectum are burning up or being eaten by fire ants. I tried peeing to get the medicine out of me and make the pain go away. I have a high pain tolerance (given birth numerous times without pain meds) and I am telling you, this medicine HURTS. I hate it and hope no one else has to use it."

JBMR October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I felt that itch a few days ago I started using the creams on the same day. It was not working so I decided to go get the monistat 7. Last night was my first night and it wasn't that bad . It gave me some relief because at first my vagina was itching so bad but the cream made it feel better. Today I went to use it and omg. My vagina was burning up a storm and eventually the burning calmed down. But I'm going to finish my days out because after the burning it does feel so much better."

LeeLeeFt October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I wasn't irritated badly but once I went and bought 7- day monistat, soon as I put it in I went to burning like hell I was very uncomfortable then about an hour later it started to calm down. But I am going to continue to use it till my 7 day is up it's good product everybody body is different. Putting ice on it didn't solve anything cause my inside was on fire."

Jolonda October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "I remember using this monistat 7 years ago and I cannot remember it being this awful!!! The minute I inserted the cream on day 1 I felt it burning!!! It feels like your vagina is on fire on the inside and the itching sensation is horrible. It went on for like 1 hour. I had to take a painkiller to try and alleviate this horrible pain/sensation. Now on day 2 and the burning/itching sensation was still there but only lasted for about 15 minutes. Not sure if I will have the guts to try for the next 5 days. Hard to believe that this is a normal side effect. I do not recommend this to anybody."

Burning out of control (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "Whoever designed the applicator tube doesn't have their head screwed on correctly! It was difficult applying it since it's designed with sharp rounded edges. It hurts to even insert it, worse after applying it literally started burning very, very badly! I have never felt anything pain burning sensation inside my vagina after trying to treat a yeast infection. I usually buy the knock off brands (Walgreens,CVS) but seriously never had any horrible experiences like I did with Monistat. Ladies look elsewhere or go see your Dr. I personally don't recommended this product at all."

Nahomi October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would like to first say that I have had a problem with reoccurring yeast infections since being a preteen. I normally go to the doc and they give me a pill and yeast comes out a lot then infection is cured. This time I didn't want to go to doctor so I bought Monistat 3. It was hard to insert Once inside there was no pain at all however the cream that you place outside of your vagina does burn for like 5 min, but it’s not that bad! This products works for me, a little discomfort followed by comfort and relief!"

Shonie23 October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Holy Moly...... please spare yourself the trouble. Either go to your gynecologists office for oral meds or use a natural remedy.There are lots of natural remedies I've used in the past and I should’ve done that this time. Don’t do it. Please don’t do it."

Firecrotch (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole): "Had a yeast infect a couple years back and use the 7 day treatment it worked . Had another one during pregnancy and got a 1 day pill and it worked . I have another one after birth and decided to use the 1 day treatment because I didn’t want to insert the thing in me over and over again , Day 3 going on and my symptoms have been gone ... loving this product so far . I recommend using a liner to catch the medication as it comes out ... didn’t irritate me like I thought so because the other one didn’t"

Hannahgg October 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took a generic brand 1 day miconazole. HUGE mistake. First came a terrible itch and for the past couple of hours I have been burning like crazy. Extremely uncomfortable. I've used it before years ago with no problem but I'd like to know what has changed. Please listen to the reviews."

Anonymous October 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "After reading the reviews for this product on here, I was terrified! All the ladies who said it burned them so bad and to never use it, made me hesitate a few days because my infection was mild. However, it got worse so I decided to suck it up and use it! I was laying down after applying it and I was shocked that I felt no burning or anything! It actually felt good and the irritation immediately subsided! I'm on my 3rd day and I feel excellent! I still have a slight redness but it has gotten better!"

Britt28 October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "The song" fire" comes to mind. After inserting cream immediate pain, itch and burning. I thought I was going to die and became short of breath. I showered I prayed for Gods mercy and it worked. There was some cramping but mild"

venez (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Good grief! This stuff comes directly from the fire pits . I have a yeast infection and was told to take the 7 day Monitstat instead of Diflucan. First off, who designed the applicator? With its jagged edges, I’m certain every time I insert it, I’m sheering off a layer of my tender skin off. Damn it hurts! Can someone please get a woman to design this thing? Second, the minute I inserted the cream it burned, stung and the itching was magnified. I’ve been using Monistat off and on for over 13 yrs and I have NEVER been this uncomfortable using this product. They must have changed the formula because of the intense itch /burn/pain. Don’t do it. Call Dr and beg for mercy!"

I prayed for a quick death (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OMG! Monistat 3 is bad! Upon insertion I'm thinking " yeah relief!" NO! This stuff burns sooooo badly . I mean the degree of burning and itching was unreal, and I've has 3 babies, naturally and have never experienced something like this. Just get to a Dr if possible because this cream isn't worth all the pain at all! DON'T DO IT"

Queenshe82 (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2017