User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, Desenex Prescription Strength, Fungoid, Fungoid Kit, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder Spray, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Spray, Lotrimin AF Deodorant Powder Spray, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Powder Spray, M-Zole 3, M-Zole Dual Pack, Micaderm, Micatin, Micatin Cooling Action, Micatin Foot Powder, Micatin Foot Powder Deodorant, Micatin Jock Itch, Micatin Liquid Foot, Micon 7, Micro-Guard, Miranel AF, Mitrazol, Monistat, Monistat 1 Day Complete Therapy, Monistat 1-Day or Night Combination Pack, Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack, Monistat 7, Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack, Monistat-1 Dual Pack, Monistat-Derm, NuZole, Ony-Clear, Remedy Antifungal with Olivamine, Secura Antifungal, Secura Antifungal Extra Thick, Soothe & Cool Inzo, Tetterine, Triple Paste AF, Vagistat-3, Yeast-X Int, Zeasorb-AF, Zeasorb-AF Drying Gel, Zeasorb-AF Jock Itch, Zeasorb-AF Lotion/Powder …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Miconazole.

Miconazole Rating Summary

3.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Miconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "Haven't had a yeast infection in several years but I remember using Monistat 7 to cure it. So picked up some Monistat, inserted it at bedtime and was almost instantly in the most horrible pain imaginable."

Copper top December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "I had a YI before but I tried the 3 day before and it was never this uncomfortable. Today I bought the 7 day one the cream that goes inside is the most unpleasant feeling that it’s burning and the cream that goes outside is making it more itching. I feel like crying !!!! Never again will I be lazy and I’ll just go to the doctor"

Forevergen91 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "First night it was CRAZY hard to get the applicator in as it felt really sharp, and almost immediately I began to burn/sting/itch like I've never felt before and felt very sudden jolts of pain deep inside to the point I was twitching in bed from it and wanting to scratch and get it all out. I stuck it through and felt ok when I woke up, used the anti itch creme and OH MAN, hello again burning itching and pain jolts. Went away after an hour or half hour and I'm currently on night 2 and it was just as awful as yesterday. Now that it's been almost an hour I feel it starting to cool and calm down. Gunna do my best to stick it out the 7 days but man it's gunna be rough."

Girl in pain (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Using monistat 3 day. Wish I would have read these reviews before using. First application tonight and I’m burning and itching. Way more than I did before with the YI. never used this product before. Always took diflucan. I actually took it yesterday but figured I would try the cream as well. Bad mistake. This is a terrible feeling. Reading all these reviews. I feel like a class action law suit should be started."

RachelJS December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "Irritating and burns on a very high level."

Linda Games December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Really in pain after using this cream."

Intanr December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I’m 18 and I’ve had about 2 other YIs before this one that made me choose 7 day because I was simply too lazy to go to the doctor. BUT I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS INTENSE ITCHING WITH ANY OTHER YI MEDICINE. I’ve taken the 3 day a year ago and this burning itching sensation WAS NEVER A ISSUE but for some reason monistat 7 gives me more of a itch within 5 minutes after inserting than my own YIs have ever gave me !!! Never have I had this intense itching .. reading these comments give me hope to ride it out and pray for the best results because yeast infections are not fun at all."

akekeke December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I read the reviews after I bought it 2 hrs ago. I am horrified! but I went ahead and gave it a try....so far the itching is annoying but bearable. The cream coming out is itchy, but the cream "inside" wise feeling is not bad all. It's there and I can feel it but not as bad as I expected! I'm giving this a 5 FOR NOW because the itchiness experience is ok. I'll update after treatment!"

bigbigbig07 December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "Okay so I'm only on Day 2 but I had a MILD yeast infection & decided to get this 3 day medication , DAY 1 , there was a little tingling for about an hour & it went away ,I woke up & it seemed as if the YI was gone , PERFECT ! right ? wrong here I am on Day 2 & the itching is unbearable "

ChunkyMonkeyDonkey December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat (miconazole): "I bought the Monistat 3 Day treatment cream, thinking I would get rid of my infection quicker, didn’t want to drag the treatment out for 7 days. BIG MISTAKE. Night #2, and the medicine all leaked out and is causing intense burning and itching at the entrance of my vagina. I knew the first dose didn’t help, but I wasn’t expecting the 2nd dose to make things worse. I have a bad yeast infection, but this “medication” is making it much worse. I have been crying and I am extremely nervous and uncomfortable. I will never purchase a Monistat name brand product again. EVER."

In Misery (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used this brand (or this type) about two years ago but I don't remember it being like this, I have never experienced such intense itching in my life. Literally I feel like my insides are itching :( I'm not sure if that means it's working or…? Well I decided it was too much for me and was causing more damage than good so I went ahead and pushed it out ;( and now it's burning ! so I'm gonna have to sleep with a cold wet rag for comfort but even the rag isn't helping the burning and irritation from the medicine. I don't think I'm going to use this again. I wouldn't refer this to anyone. It's painful and too uncomfortable!"

Micom123 December 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Omg!!! This is the 3rd yeast infection I’ve ever had in my life but is by far the worst I’ve experienced because of the monistat. I did the the single dose application. Although I was feeling every uncomfortable prior to the medication the pain I was in after the medication is beyond comprehension. I know that this medication doesn’t work instantly but my gosh it hurts you before it makes anything better. At about 11:30am I began feeling an intense burning and itching sensation. I went to the bathroom and urinated that was by far the worse feeling the burning continued all day and night and I was finally able to go to sleep. When I woke up this morning the burning had gone away. Going to the dr."

Miranda Cruz (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I’m 18 and I took this miconazole 1 and I have never itched so bad in my life. I'm so glad I’m not the only one because as soon as this started happening I came straight to google. I’m starting to feel nauseous and the medicine started to leak out and it was like stringy it was gross. Ugh I keep reading these comments and it’s saying that it burns and yes my vagina burns but reading these comments I think it’s going to get worse and I’m scared ugh I hate this it needs to be OFF THE SHELVES. NO ONE SHOULD BUY THIS. ITS AWFUL"

Teenager15 December 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "So I am 25 and this is my first YI and OMG I never want to get another...I am trying Mobistar 7, this is the first night and I just know I will get no sleep tonight. I really hope to feel some relief tomorrow because I can’t do 7 days of this kind of hell..."

Uncomfortable and annoyed (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole): "I’ve used Monistat before and I’ve never had such itching or burning. I just want to share my review. Strangely like the others it seems that the recent batch is causing a reaction different than ones I’ve had before. I never experienced this."

JDMJDM December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Is there a NEGATIVE 10 option? Started the 3 day treatment tonight. Like others on here, I wish I had read the reviews 1st. The burning induced post application of my 1st dose had me in tears, seeking more relief than any of the original symptoms. Doesn’t matter how quickly this might “fix” things, my discomfort prior to Application was a 1 compared to what I’m going through right now. Whoever said “FIRE ANTS”, was not lying. Ain’t nobody wants to feel like fire ants are burning up her insides. Never - ever - will I use this product again!"

Jerzgirl24 December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Holy Moly this was the worst! I’ve had yeast infections before but I usually get a prescription for Diflucan and take the one and done method. However, I’m currently pregnant and the Gyn told me to use Monistat. First ever application has me screaming and crying in pain doing everything I can to wash it off. My hubby came running upstairs to check on me. The burning sensation is unbearable and the medication came out the instant I went to the bathroom. Will NEVER use this again"

Burn baby burn (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am on day 3 of 7. this product is horrible and i wish i read these reviews first. Like many people we thought oh well known company must be good. I have never experienced such a burn in my vagina ever! I still have discharge and the burning is causing me to shake & cry. I am washing this stufff out and going to the nearest urgent care."

Horrible burning. (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is my first time getting a yeast infection. Inserting the monistat 7 day.. when first inserted the product it started to burn and itchy I even had tears coming down. I got paper to fan my vagina with . I eventually laid down and try to forget about it. It’s just how like a hot tingling feeling. Hopefully this works. This the worst like omg :_("

Tunka December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "I used Monistat as a last resort. I went to the gyno and she told me I had a YI, and she prescribed me with a 7 day treatment similar (assuming better) than monistat 7. I went to get it and no pharmacy’s where I live would have the product for at least three days. I COULDN'T not do anything because I’d had this infection for about 2 days already and I had to try something. The first night I used it, IT WAS BAD. It was a burning pit in my vagina! I don’t cry easy and this was so painful that I just sat in an ice bath for about an hour. And even after it still burnt and I didn’t sleep a whole lot. I tried again the next night and the same thing happened. Please don’t use this, not even as a last resort. The pain was unbearable."

I’m pain December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "This is the absolute worst. I’ve had yeast infections in the past and always purchased store brand creams. This time around I gave Monistat a try and I hate it and my life. Not only have my actual symptoms not improved, but when I use it, it burns so bad. It’s a mix of itching and burning. I’m going to buy the equate brand today."

Bella512 December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "After reading these comments, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one having the terrible itching. I'm on day 3 of using monistat 7 and the itching from the medicine is ridiculous!!! It's been 45min and is still itchy. To make the situation worse, the tube that you have to insert hurts to insert because of its shape. I've tried Apple cider vinegar, currently taking a probiotic, using summer eve wipes, and summer eve wash. Deciding to use M7 was a huge mistake. Can't wait for these 7 days to be over with and to have some sort if relief."

Tired of the itch December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used this product before and have never had an issue and now it's unbearable itching and burning and we're going on about 5 hours of it being in there. I have already had one shower trying to rinse it out and I'm about to try a second time. This hurts worse than it did without treatment. I went from no odor to now an iron/ blood smell. I honestly didn't have that bad of an infection. I will never buy this product again."

Anonymous December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel like the ingredients have definitely been changed for this over-the-counter cream. I've used it before and it worked perfectly. However, the last two times using it because of an infection, I am very very itchy- almost a burning sensation. It's hard to imagine anything else besides the pain you're currently feeling. I jumped in the shower to attempt to rinse it all out but I'm still in major discomfort. Try another medication, stay away from this one!! Shame on you, Monistat."

Niks6969 December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "OH HELP ME I was a little scared because I felt like my kitty was gonna explode. I started to look for reviews to see if I was the only one having this burning situation, I regret not reading the comments before applying this product. Now I'm going on my second night and this burning sensation is unbearable, it's been almost an hour that I applied the cream and still feel my kitty on fire. I really hope all this is worth it. Cross your fingers ladies and pray you don't ever get a YI ever again."

Fire fire December 1, 2017