User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, Desenex Prescription Strength, Fungoid, Fungoid Kit, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder Spray, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Spray, Lotrimin AF Deodorant Powder Spray, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Powder Spray, M-Zole 3, M-Zole Dual Pack, Micaderm, Micatin, Micatin Cooling Action, Micatin Foot Powder, Micatin Foot Powder Deodorant, Micatin Jock Itch, Micatin Liquid Foot, Micon 7, Micro-Guard, Miranel AF, Mitrazol, Monistat, Monistat 1 Day Complete Therapy, Monistat 1-Day or Night Combination Pack, Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack, Monistat 7, Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack, Monistat-1 Dual Pack, Monistat-Derm, NuZole, Ony-Clear, Remedy Antifungal with Olivamine, Secura Antifungal, Secura Antifungal Extra Thick, Soothe & Cool Inzo, Tetterine, Triple Paste AF, Vagistat-3, Yeast-X Int, Zeasorb-AF, Zeasorb-AF Drying Gel, Zeasorb-AF Jock Itch, Zeasorb-AF Lotion/Powder …show all brand names

Miconazole Rating Summary

2.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Miconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"Do not use Monistat 7 day. This one is suppose to be more gentle according to Monistat so that’s why I chose to do the longer course. Oh nooooo far from ”gentle” I have gone into the doctor for past yeast infections and have gotten a prescription to treat them and they clear them up no problem with little to no side effects. This is my third night using it and it just keeps getting worse each night. It feels like pure fire - I want to cry as I’m standing in my shower at 4 am with coconut oil and a cold wash cloth between my legs. I’m so thankful I found these other reviews because I thought I must be alone and having some kind of random reaction. This is horrible. Do not get this. It’s so much worse than the actual yeast infection itself. I now have wasted time healing and have to get into the doctor just to clear up something that should already be gone. But I’m itching worse and in actual pain."

Do not use Monistat 7 day May 22, 2018

"I bought the MICONAZOLE 3 generic brand. Now I have burning, itching and prickly sensation inside and out. I let it sit for 25min and wiped it off. I never have experienced this sensation. Its awful like 5x worse than the irritation that made me need to buy this medicine. It's 12:47am......"

Gg (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I wish I would’ve looked these reviews up first. This is my first yeast infection. I am 6 weeks post op a full hysterectomy and I thought the itch and burning from the yeast infection was bad......omggggg my first dose of this monistat and I am on fire!!!! The burning /itching are HORRIBLE!! My labia is so swollen and sore. I feel so helpless, I want to go to the hospital!!"

CWest (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I wasn’t even having any itching prior just s slight discomfort & after inserting the first Monistat suppository am experiencing quite moderate itchy & burning. I got up to pee thinking it might help & wiped very thorough & am back in bed. The symptoms seem to be lessening some but I read all these experiences & see I am actually doing way better than a lot of you other girls. If I am feeling better in the morning, do I risk trying day two?"

Wtf??? May 20, 2018

"I used the one day ovule with external cream. The ovule didn't burn at first but got worse later. Put the cream on and I was instantly on fire. Feels like it's eating my skin alive. Tried to wash it off but it's still burning. I have had chemical burns from hot peppers before and this is exactly what it feels like. Do not use."

Ouch (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

Monistat (miconazole): "I used Monistat 1, 3 and 7, OTC for an assumed yeast infection. I had vaginal burning. Saw Dr. the following week who advised to use more Monistat - the stronger version. Still had burning every time I used it, but followed dr's instructions. Not cleared after another week, and again advised for another week to use Monistat. This burning became non-stop and DESTROYED my vaginal skin. I have had ongoing burning for the past 2 1/2 yrs due to MONISTAT usage. I have sought medical treatment from any/every doctor I can think of and am still left with burned skin and it's the most painful, horrible condition-absolutely caused by some dangerous chemical in Monistat. I have seen so many doctors, tried so many compounded creams, medications to try to soothe the skin & nerve damage, revamped my entire diet, changed detergents, clothing, had biopsies, done acupuncture, physical therapy-I have tried everything to get rid of this horrific burning. It has ruined my every day life."

km May 19, 2018

"Why does this burn so badly? I'm literally twitching in burning sensation between my legs! I've used this product years ago and NEVER experienced such discomfort in my time using this. I think they may have a bad batch out or something because every other day someone is here complaining about this product. I'm on My last day of a 3 day treatment and the burning and itching is pure agony. I can't go to sleep like this...I want to take my vagina off."

Allyson B. (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I have yet to experience Monistat curing my infection. That said, I'm on the process of seeing if what I have is something besides a yeast infection."

Andrea (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "Omgoodness! What in the world is going on here?! I have used this product before, but it's been a few years. I have never experienced this....I literally googled monistat 3 makes the itching worse and came across these reviews. The itching, about two min in, was killing me, but now the burning has just started. "

Not happy May 17, 2018

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole): "Intense burning that was so bad I instantly tried to jump in the shower to wash off some of the burning acid (that’s what it felt like). I'm still having YI discharge the day after and I feel like it was all for nothing. Do not buy ever. I wish I saw this before I wasted money on it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

"My first experience using this I had extreme burning inside and outside my vagina, this monistat 3 is no joke . Please don’t buy this. I was up all night with a cold rag between my legs trying to calm the burning. Second day insert I felt better but third day I did my last insert and again itching and discomfort."

Anonymous May 17, 2018

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I think most of these people are over exaggerating and making us scared. I read some ridiculous reviews that didn't seem true. If you don't want itching buy wipes and my first day burned a lil and it is still a little but I used the wipes it for the first 15 minutes then it passes, I could handle it. Today my vagina a little itchy and it's going away. I also use a wipe but it's not as bad. I wouldn't recommend quitting because you already started"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

"Omg I thought I was in pain and itching before! but this stuff feels like ten times worse. Seriously what is in this stuff!! Do not buy this!!! This is a recommendation to not use. There should be a 0 to mark, as in Run away! Use at your own risk of feeling absolutely miserable!"

Marie May 15, 2018

"I have taken the Walgreens and CVS brand of this type of medicine, except it wasn’t shaped like an egg it was just like a plunger full of cream medicine. Anyways, my mom bought me this stuff even tho I insisted the other kind was better but she insisted I use it (you know Moms) I am currently wishing someone would put me out of my misery. Even after intense washing my vagina is still stinging and my labia feels dry as a desert."

BURNINGS VAGINA (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

"So I bought the 3 Day monistat treatment and much like others experienced, I had a terrible itch and burning sensation. I’ve used the target brand once before and didn’t have any of these side effects. Anyway, to relieve the burning and itching, I took a shower to remove the excess product from down there and felt much better. I also added a lil coconut oil."

Msd (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "This was AWFUL. I’m pregnant and my ob suggested to go get this awful stuff to help with a yeast infection. Now I go buy the 7 day like she recommended ( because the 1 and 3 day are “ too strong “ ).. I laid down to go to bed and inserted it in & almost IMMEDIATELY my lady parts were burning and on fire. I tried to let it sit for another minute but it was so unbearable it got to the point I had to jump in the shower & bath and try with all my heart to get this product out & it still burned for about a hour after I got it all out . DO NOT GET THIS. JUST GET SOME MEDS FROM A DOCTOR ."

cp May 13, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "None of these women are wrong! This is the worst OTC counter medicine I ever used. In my opinion the ovule has elongated the pain. I burnt so much I went to the ER TWICE!!! Just when it will stop? Day 2 after I’ve stopped using this hideous drug and I’m in bed with a cold water bottle between my legs ..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I got what I thought was a yeast infection a few days ago. Used the first night and woke up feeling 100 times worse. I suffered through the day with ice and vagisil. Second night still burning/itching I took the next dose. Woke up at 4am on fire and slept with an ice pack on my vagina. Today I searched the Internet for whether this could be as normal yeast infections don't feel like this. My labia was so swollen I couldn't even walk. I started taking baking soda sits baths every 6 hours or so and felt much better. By evening the swelling and burn/itch had gone down. I applied the 3rd night application, laid down for 20 minutes, felt my labia swelling up along with intense burning. I showered to try to get as much as I could out and rubbed coconut oil on my vulva. I have had some bloody discharge today and now I know why, this stuff is literally setting your insides on fire. I will be calling tomorrow and it will be the first time I have ever called a company to complain."

FireVag May 11, 2018

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "I am so thankful I was able to find this forum....because I thought I was all alone on this unbearable journey of a burning and itching vagina. I have used the equate brand in the past and not once felt any side effect or discomfort. I decided to give Monistat a go, I figured shelving out a little bit more money would equal positive results. Well, I was most definitely wrong!! I am itching and itching and itching and burning!!! I did as instructions stated and laid down in bed, I cannot sleep, I can’t even believe my vagina is itching this badly! I wouldn’t say that I am happy others experienced this side effect but I am relieved that this is common and I’m not alone. It’s day one and I cannot take it, I can’t handle this burn. I will never recommend this, equate is half the price with zero side effects. My itching is worse using this product than the itching I am experience with my infection, how ironic."

Sammy (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

"“mild increase in vaginal burning” my ass, there isn’t anything mild about this flaming inferno happening inside my vagina right now. I have used the 7 before and had slight irritation but nothing like this. My first time using the Monistat 3 and definitely my last. I feel like I inserted hot lava into my womanhood. Why is this product still allowed to be on the market? STAY AWAY from this torturing product disguised as medicine! Pretty positive my innards have 3rd degree chemical burns."

Shell May 10, 2018

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole): "I have been using this treatment for years now and it always helps and really does cure it in 1 day. I always know when I have a YI, I've been getting them since I was 9 years old. I don't get to use the cream much. Or the wipes. The only thing that I would change is the wording on the packaging. It says "day or night". Which is fine as long as you're not upright during the day. The ovule dissolves and the liquid starts coming out within few minutes. So I always insert it right before bed and have it working while I sleep."

Marci (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2018

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole): "DO NOT BUY. At first, there was absolutely no burning or itching. About two hours later, I was running to the bathroom to try to rinse it out!! It is now 2:53am and I have an ice pack between my legs. LITERALLY BURNING! I can’t keep still cause it’s so irritating! My vagina is all red and swollen and I can’t sleep. For the love of vaginas, do not get this product. It’s absolutetly miserable!"

jamiess (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

"Bought monistat 1 day and I totally regret it. Every single post on here is accurate, it feels as though somebody is branding me as I speak! I've used this brand a long time ago for a YI with no problems. I was not thinking twice this time, but I will never again buy it a third time. The actual YI was better than this feeling from the medicine. Off to the doctors I go next time."

RN2b May 7, 2018

"I’m typing this while fanning my burning vagina after 30 minutes of watering my vagina to get this stuff out. It’s the worst thing I’ve ever done please don’t try this. It’s 2:39 a.m. And I’m crying in a bathroom why is this product still on shelves?"

Nata (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

"I am NEVER going to use this product again!! I’ve been burning and deep painful itching for hours!! This is far worse than the infection. It woke me up out of a deep sleep and I’ve been up for hours painfully burning. It’s going to be a sleepless night thanks to this awful medicine! Do not buy it!!!! I got the Monistat 1 ovule. BIG mistake!!"

V (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018