User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, ...show all 60 brand names

Learn more about Miconazole.

Miconazole Rating Summary

3.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Miconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"How any ladies are able to live a normal life while using miconazole inserts is beyond me. I thought I was going insane and the only thing of comfort I feel right now is reading these reviews. My husband is at a loss of words when I woke up in immense pain and started applying ice packs while spreading my legs. I have kids and childbirth is easier! At least that doesn't have extreme itching with the burning feeling."

cramer443 June 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"-1 -- do not purchase this OTC yeast meds. I got 3-day M. for a self diagnosed yeast infection. 3 day prefilled applicators. First two days were not as bad as tonight, the 3rd dose. I completely agree with every entry here "MY VAG IS ON FIRE" insane burning feeling. No relief. I tried to pee, and it hurts - it's definitely after applying the meds. And this happens immediately. Dropped to the floor from the burn and discomfort. I don't believe any medicine in the world should cause so much suffering before it works or gets better. Do not try this unless you are trying to hurt yourself. Sincerely - Oakland CA."

MC17 June 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "OMG. I've only had a few YI in my life. I have used monistat maybe 2 other times years ago. Today I took the first day of the 7 day cream. As soon as I took the applicator out the burning was so bad I started crying and jumped in the bathtub trying to get the cream out. Now I lay in bed with an ice pack waiting for my husband to get home with a douche so I can try to get it out. Seriously. Fire ants is a good analogy. Burns like hell. Do. Not. Try. Ever. It must be a bad batch."

HellDownstairs (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a hot mess right now. I have a YI, the second one I've ever had. Last time I treated it with the exact same thing, the 3 dose monistat. I'm pretty sure what I just put into my vagina was actually a full nest of fire ants because this is no joke. I am not getting any sleep tonight ladies. I will take the advise I saw below of trying some Benadryl and will itch my way through the weekend until I can call my Dr to phone me in something that won't make me feel like ripping out my lady bits. There has got to be something wrong with what's on the shelf right now! I can not believe all of these reviews and only wish I would have read them before inserting the poison oak for vaginas into my own "

Itchy in Seattle (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "I had some minor itching and then soon realized it was a yeast infection. I've had one before, but I had prescribed medicine for it. This time I decided to try the over-the-counter monistat and oh gosh was I wrong! Immediately after inserting the cream I got the worst sensation ever. It felt like I sat in a fire ant pile! I tried walking it off. After that didn't work, I tried everything I could to get the cream out. Sitting in a warm bath was no help. A cold bath is what eased the pain, but as soon as I got out the pain started again. It had me in tears. I wish I could get my money back for this horrible product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole): "I recommend this product, it works!! I'm experiencing my first YI and I'm 18. You have to tolerate some burning, itching and swelling but it's all good. First night, I cried myself to sleep. The burning and itching made me want to rip my hair out! The second night wasn't so bad, only burning I had was when the cream started dripping and coming out. I went to sleep just fine. I'm on the third night now and no burning or itching! A little swelling on my vuvla but I'm glad it's over. I know that my yeast infection is gone! I recommend taking bendryl a couple minutes before you install the cream in though. Great results though."

ladybug328 June 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "I'm 18, and this is my first YI as most women call it. I did research on what to use to get rid of the infection. I found Monistat 7. I read the comments, and was scared, I didn't want to be in such pain that I'd cry myself to sleep. But I wanted the infection gone. I got it, looking at the upside that the burning would only last 15-20 min. I took ibuprofen, put on anti-itch cream to prevent extreme itching, and put the Monistat in I then put an ice pack over my area, to lower the heat, and prevent the yeast from getting stronger. Knowing that yeast feeds off of heat. 3 minutes into laying down, a heat came, then a slight burning. The itching sucks but I'm prepared to take on the next 6 days! I would definitely suggest Monistat 7 for a YI!"

Minxie26 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is the worst pain I have ever been in I have used the internal cream applicator and it's burning and itching like CRAZY!!! This should absolutely be BANNED"

Kyla m June 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "Hello all, I used this product and I must admit moments later after I was finished with inserting the egg and applying the cream an extreme painful burning sensation came. It was soo painful and the tighter I closed my legs to "try" to alleviate some of that pain the more it burned like hell. I remember Benadryl helps with bad itching, rashes, etc. I took a Benadryl and about 15-20 mins later the burning sensation was no more and I was able to get a good nights sleep. So, I think Benadryl will help some of you if you are able to take it. If not I would try some other antihistamine that will get rid of that bad burning feeling."

Chan35 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I felt like I was getting a YI so I bought the 7 fay treatment, took it the first day and felt better the next day so I went to take it tonight and within 2 mins I had intense itching in my vagina. It was unbearable. It did only last 10 mins but it was awful. Now I feel some burning but it's bearable. I should've just called my doctor. I'm Def not risking this pain again."

AngElina719 June 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Right here itching and burning and pretty much wanting to climb out my skin along with everyone else! I'll take natural childbirth over this overwhelming insane feeling any day! I got the Monistat-7 pack from target this morning and didn't want to wait until tonight to start... have tried my best to rinse it off/out and may just tough out the YI or go with garlic or something. We are trying to conceive this month and don't think I could put myself and my body through this again without a guilty conscience. Something is not right."

Mamato3 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "I loved it!!!!"

Mari2014 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Mild burning sensation?!?! More like the fire of a thousand suns. I was completely unprepared for this. I inserted the stick and walked out of the bathroom and all of a sudden I felt like I was DYING. Crazy burning sensation and itching. My two year saw my reaction and started hopping around with me like we were having a dance party. THIS WAS NOT A DANCE PARTY. This is seriously awful. DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF. I REPEAT: DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF. I have three kids under six and am tough as nails and this stuff knocked me to the ground!"

Anonymous June 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've never been in so much pain in my life I seriously feel like someone's scratching the inside of my who who with a fork , the burning is worse then a 2nd degree hand burn . PLEASE DON'T USE"

Jacenlipp June 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "Holy cow..I'm on the nuva ring and so far I'm on my 3rd yeast infection in 5 months. The first two yeast infections monistat 7 worked perfectly fine, slight itching but not unbearable. THIS TIME MY WHOLE VAGINA IS IN BURNING HELL. First night I cried for hours in pain, no sleep that night..now I'm in my second night and it's 4am. IT IS TWICE AS BAD..this caused so much itching pain...I was biting my pillow to keep myself from screaming IN PAIN. From reading these reviews there's something seriously wrong here, no one should be in crying pain from a CREAM. Right now the only thing that's helping is an ice pack in a plastic bag numbing my whole vagina...seriously is this a horrible mess of a batch..not sure.."

O. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "wow my vagina feels like its on fire. I want to cry I don't think I'd ever want to use this product again "

Janette mickey June 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Horrible horrible horrible burning! My "who-who" is still on fire after 2 hours. After 3 baths, spread eagle on bed with fan on high and ice pack, I'm still not comfortable. My poor boyfriend picked the wrong night to spend with me. Good grief!! This sucks!"

Damnitshot June 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "I took Monistat 7 last night and it was okay. But this morning I woke up and it was burning it was causing me a lot of discomfort. I took a shower with cool water to try to rinse out the rest of the medication but, it did not work. Since I am still burning I'm going to stop using the medication and visit my doctor because it's not getting better. I'm extremely upset because I took an over-the-counter test before you treat and the stick remained yellow so it said if it's yellow that means you have a yeast infection but when I took the medication Monistat 7 I started burning and having lots of irritation. Prior to me taking this medication I did not have any burning non itching just a slight irritation and discharge.Will never use again."

Zena21 June 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "This is torture if this is seriously a bad batch like I'm getting the impression it is, we should all be financially compensated for this!"

Kassiee June 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 7 (miconazole): "This is my first time getting a YI and I tried to get an appointment with my doctor but they couldn't see me for another week from now so I went to the pharmacy today to see if I could get something to control the discharge and itching until I can see the doctor and they suggested that I get Monistat 7... so me being the naive person that I am was like oh okay that sounds great! So after I showered tonight I applied day 1 of the application and I promise you this is the worst pain I've ever experienced down there in my life! My vagina is on fire, it's itching and throbbing. I want to just wash this stuff out but I feel like I should give the product a chance. Whoever created this stuff need to readjust the formula because this sucks"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I got the Monistat 7 day complete kit and it burns like hell for the first hour or so of use . It makes my vagina really itchy on the outside and burns on the inside. I did tolerate on the first night and it made me feel completely normal all day the next time. I am on the second day and I put in the cream 20 minutes ago and it's still burning. I know I can tolerate this but I just hope it does its job because this is better than what I was feeling with my infection"

Albs June 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My vagina is on fire. I planned to fall asleep after taking this and instead, I am googling if others had the same reactions as me, which so many people have. NEVER BUY THE CREAM FILLED APPLICATORS! Seriously, it is worse than the actual yeast infection. It hurts so badly and I am wide awake now."

CMBULL June 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "So yes the first use was an experience. I had been so raw from constant itching that seemed to get worse within a few hours. I applied the cream to my lady parts and talk about wanting to take a cheese grater to your down under itchy fire parts. I had to take some Benadryl to help the itching. The vaginal insert of the cream wasn't bad until it melts....and then it gets itchy inside your lady cave so to speak. After the first hour it seemed to calm down a lot! I shouldn't have waited so long to have done something about it. I never had any thick discharge so I thought it was just a little irritated. I had never had a yeast infection and lord knows don't ever want to go through this again. But the product overall works."

Anonymous June 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So thankful for everyone's experiences because I am laying in bed with severe itching and burning from the cream and was having a panic attack that I was having allergic reaction or something . Trying to tough it out but it's been 30+ min and only slight relief, ugh!!!"

KFA June 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole): "The itching and burning from this medication is worse than from the yeast infection. I usually use the 7-day treatment with no problem, but the 3-day is awful."

MamaR June 8, 2017