User Reviews for Lamisil

Lamisil has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 127 ratings on Drugs.com. 61% of those users who reviewed Lamisil reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Onychomycosis, Toenail
Tinea Corporis
Summary of Lamisil reviews 7.0 127 reviews

Reviews for Lamisil

Drkatzjr27 May 30, 2021

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “After 5 days of taking this drug I began to notice a burning sensation in the back of my throat as well as my upper esophagus…as if they were on fire. I initially thought it was acid reflux, but after taking very potent anti-acid medication without relief, I realized it must be this drug. So I looked at the Prescribing Information from the manufacturer. It states that dyspepsia (heart burn) as well as lost of taste were effects noted as higher than placebo. But what concerned me was it also stated that while these conditions can be reversible, in some cases these symptoms were not reversible. Simply google: Oral Lamisil Prescribing Information And then even more ominous: It states that the drug has shown to be toxic to the liver….and this was not one of those very rare effects that pharmaceutical companies must mention. Conversely, they state it is not a rare phenomenon.”

Shay · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 13, 2021

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: “Not effective!”

Loue · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2021

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “28yr old female- I was turned off starting this medication 2 years ago by my doctor because they were strongly against prescribing it because of it’s side effects especially liver effects. I tried every over the counter product, wasting so much money & nothing made a difference. At this stage I had fungus in all 10 toes. After two years I asked doc to prescribe Lamisil. Had a liver function test before and was normal started Lamisil tablets. I have to admit I was scared after researching all the possible side effects etc. The only side effects I had was vivid dreams for 3 months but it didn’t stop me sleeping. Also I had a sore lower back which I didn’t relate until the pain, went away as week after I stopped the tablets. But these side effects were SO WORTH the result. The fungus has completely gone and I couldn’t be happier. If toenail fungus is making you feel embarrassed etc but you’re too scared to take the tablets, of recommend just trying the tablets out for yourself.”

Charlie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Reading bad reviews I was skeptical about this medicine and was scared to even start it . But I finished my cycle of Lamisil last month . What a RIDE ! First of all , it worked . Cleared up my whole nail by 4 months but let me tell you my only side effect was 3 months of nightmares EVERY NIGHT . Yes, literally . It was insane . As much as I don’t want to sound exaggerating this is true . But it’s worth it because after 2 years of having fungus I was desperate to clear it up .best advice is try not to think about side effects take it and go on .”

Sergr · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “This is a miracle drug. I have not experienced any side effects, the only problem for me is that the results don’t last forever. This is my third round. I’ve battled toenail fungus since I was 11 (I am 44 now). Each time I take this medicine the toenails heal perfectly after about 6 months, and stay that way for a few years and then the insidious fungus returns. Apparently this does not happen to everyone. I’ve come to accept that this is just the way it is for me. Just finished my third round and already seeing the fungus receding, which is awesome.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I was prescribed Lamisil for my toenails by my Doctor and it said to take it every day for three months and no alcohol. Then after one month I started itching then I got a rash but I stuck to it. Still going once a month to check my liver. I relialized the rash was from the medication removing all of my fungus from my body so I endured it. The rash went away and not only that all my toenails grow out new my skin was all around better. the warts on my fingers disappeared too. I am very pleased with this super drug. It’s been ten years now and nothing has returned. loved it...PS I don’t get dandruff anymore either. I recommend this stuff just endure it don’t stop or you have to begin again. Plus no alcohol while you take it for three months.”

Judd789 October 1, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “After reading comments on here I thought I would writ a realistic review based on the truth. I took terbinafine tablets for 6 months. I didn't have any side affects and had 1 blood test. My organs were all fine. I have read on here that people's toes started to clear within a month. I can safely say that this is untrue. You will not see any results until the fungus has been killed and a new unaffected nail starts to grow. This can take over a year. For me I think it was about 10 -11 months. So 4 or so months after I finished the treatment. My nail didn't look any different from when I started. And then if by magic a new clean nail started growing. At this stage I got rid of all my socks and shoes and replaced them. Toe nails grow slowly!!”

7910MT · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Everyone's toenails grow at different rates. To say that they grow slowly and that evidence of the treatment taking a year to notice is simply NOT TRUE. I have taken generic Lamasil for 3 weeks now and the thickness under the nail bed in all 5 of my toes is almost completely gone AND you can see where new, healthy nail is growing in. I am fully committed to the treatment course, so just because things look better so quickly does not mean the fungus is completely gone. I just wanted to give hope to someone out there who may be discouraged by some of these testimonies. Everyone's case is different but there is still the possibility your body will respond well and rather quickly to the oral treatment!”

La La Frank December 5, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Yes, Lamisil tablets works. But I’m one of the few who have experienced and am still in the midst of rapid weight loss. I was in great health when I began the three month treatment. As soon as I neared the end of the treatment I began losing weight daily to the point I could see it. It’s been five months since I ceased the medication and I’m still fighting to regain the lost weight. Has anyone else on this forum noticed significant changes in their weight? As in drastic and visible loss? Thanks. Other than that, all tests came back normal (yes Liver too). I don't drink alcohol or use drugs. No pain. It’s a side effect some would want, but to me it’s highly undesirable.”

Terry · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “This product is a miracle worker! I took it to cure my toe nail fungus and in a short amount of time it was totally cured! It has been over a year now and there is no sign of it coming back. I also no longer have dry cracking feet! All of my toes look incredible now! I highly recommend this product! In my 60 years I have not found anything in this life that really works like this does!”

dee · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2021

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I took this drug for my awful toenail fungus I have in 3 toes. This pill was the only one that is suppose to work on the toenail fungus, but can cause a lot of side effects, but I wanted to get rid of it! My doctor does not like to recommend this drug but it was my last resort. Please think real hard about taking this drug it can be a matter of life and death. Before you take it you have to get liver tests and my test was excellent, until I took Lamisil for 3 weeks, I started feeling real bad, headaches and heartburn which I have never had and felt real tired and sick I told my doctor I was stopping it. Then I went in to do liver test and my tests came back very high liver enzyme's. And I have been back twice and it is slowly going away. It can cause liver failure and death. I am so glad that I stopped it when I did, and I hope my next tests which I'm doing in a few days comes back normal. I wish I would have never taken this medication.”

Happy camper · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Embarrassed to go barefoot and what not, all ten toes infected with this brown tint. Fed up I decided to do something about it. I heard of Lamisil and did some research on the medicine, was concern about side effect and live damage so I went for the laser treatment on all ten toes. After 5 months no change, toenails look the same, disappointed went back to my Dr and he said Lamisil works best for this infection, so after much thought and tired of my condition I decided to go with the Lamisil, still concerned about side effects and what not. Dr. ordered 1st liver test and came back good so here I go!. Almost 3 months on medicine and I couldn't be happier! Brown tint is almost gone and new nail is growing out & No side effects.”

Tee2014 September 22, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I suffered for almost 6 years with all ten toes badly infected. The sight was awful!!! I had to wear closed in shoes ALL the time. I took 3 months of treatment and seen a SIGNIFICANT change!! After 3 months of being off the treatment, I asked my doctor for another round because it is an extremely STUBBORN fungus!! Thankfully after that round, I now have normal, beautiful ten toes!! I had my 1st pedicure in years and I went sandal crazy shopping!! I don't know of any side effects and if there where any, it was nothing I noticed. I was afraid of the risks, but EVERYTHING is a risk!! This was a risk worth taking!!”

Happy!!! April 5, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I suffered from toenail fungus on my left big toe for ten years. After having no luck with over the counter medications I went to my dermatologist who prescribed a pain on one. I went through several months of using it and had zero improvement. My dermatologist then prescribed a 3 month treatment of terbinafine. I am now done with the treatment and my nail is about 75% clear! Had all of the blood work done and everything came back fine. I thought I was experiencing side effects the first few weeks but I think it was mostly in my head because I read all of these awful reviews. All I can say is that this literally has changed my life and I am so mad I didn't try to get prescribed to it ten years ago!!! 10/10 would recommend.”

flyingRyan June 17, 2013

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I have dealt with athletes foot for at least 18 years. I dealt with the itching, scaling, thick skin, odor, and yes thick, brownish, ingrown toenails. I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of it. I even tried the home remedies like soaking your feet in Apple cider vinegar or using Vicks vapor rub on the nails. If I accomplished anything with any of these "remedies", it was pretty much just to keep the fungus at bay. No better, no worse. So I finally decided to do something about it and try Lamisl tablets. Started in Oct/2012 and finished in Dec/2012. Its now June/2013 and my nails look 10 times better. The thick, brownish color is gone. No ingrown nails. I can wear sandals now!!”

Her1979 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “So I’ve been on this for 3 months - after having an infection for 20 years. Always been so scared to go on it. No side effects, liver tests clear, and fungus beginning to clear. Wanted to share a positive review.”

WeirdWalt · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Just about finished my 3 months on this medication. I have had toe nail fungus for 23+ years and was in the process thinking about getting my toe nails removed. My Doctor suggested trying this out first which I have. Through the whole process of lamisil I have had a little bit of an upset stomach, nothing serious though. As for its effectiveness on my fungus. I feel like the fungus had stopped "growing" my poor wife used to have to file my nails down as the fungus would grow and be quite painful. She said she's noticed a little good growth at the bed of my toenail. All in all I am very happy I went this route over removal. We will see the true results in about a years time.”

Boozilla · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2013

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I have struggled with athletes foot and toe nail fungus since I was a young child. I am 40 years old now and I started a 90 day treatment of Lamisil tablets. My experience was life changing. I didn't have ANY bad side effects. I had GOOD effects of clearing up that nightmare that I suffered from for most of my life. I never wore sandals or walked around barefoot because I was embarrassed. Now my feet look normal. I started seeing results and feeling better within a month. The itching and burning went away. The second month I could see my nails changing color from black to clear. I started taking my pills at the end of October 2012 and finished in the middle of January 2013, it is April now, and my nails are completely clear.”

RFG August 6, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Using only a total of 18 Lamisil pills, my fungi infested toe nails completely healed & I had beautiful toenails back. How did I do it? I took 1 PILL on the 1st-3rd day of each month, which I did for a total of 6 months. I was initially doubtful. How can it work with only 3 pills/month? I followed the plan anyway. After 2-3 weeks, I began to see my smaller toenails heal first. The bigger toenails seemed to have no change. On the 2nd month, I did it again. 3 pills on the first 3 days. Smaller nails began to look really good, to my amazement. I also began to see the base of the larger toenails grow with normal color, as if immune from the fungi. I just stuck to the plan after that. 3 pills/day on the 1st 3 days of each month. I bought 18 pills. By the end of the 6 months, all my beautiful toenails were back & I was no longer ashamed that my feet would be seen by people. JUST BE PATIENT. Hope that helps.”

dgh · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I have suffered from toenail fungus since I was around 6 years old. (I am 23 now) I finally went to the dermatologist last summer for other skin issues and I also addressed my fungal infection and dry and cracked feet. I had no idea that my dry, cracked feet were due to the fungus! I’ve dealt with bloody cracks for most of my life. I decided to go on Lamisil in August of 2017. I took one pill per day for 3 months. About a month in, my cracks and dry skin were healed. My feet were finally so smooth after all these years! Fast forward to a year later, my toenail fungus is completely gone and my new healthy nails are all grown in! The only side effect I experienced while on the medication were headaches. They were bearable and didn’t occur every day. I am so glad I took this medicine! Definitely would recommend.”

Pizzadoodle · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 13, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I was on this for 6 months at which point I had to stop taking it as the side effects were taking a serious toll on my health. My liver went from 100% function to 40% and needless to say I felt like a pile of overcooked spaghetti for months while taking it and for about 3 months afterward. My toenail fungus started to clear up after 6 months, but unfortunately after discontinuing use, it came back in full force. I am now looking for a better alternative.”

Tobysmom1111 July 5, 2008

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “My physician prescribed Lamisil for me in October 2007. I took it for three months and had 2 liver panels done during that time. I was dizzy and mildly nauseated the first few days and had diarreah. It has taken 10 months for the new nails to grow out but I can bare my toes once again! It also CURES athlete's feet. Now my feet are baby smooth and free of dryness and cracks. I would highly recommend this product. Don't wait! This is the best my feet have looked in years. Trust me, IT WORKS! :)”

NeverAgain · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Never again will I take this medication to treat toenail fungus. Beware - the side effects are real and dangerous. I am healthy young female with no prior liver issues, nor gastrointestinal nor insomnia. After 6 weeks of taking this medication daily, I then saw really intense and dangerous side effects and had to stop. Diarrhea, really really bad insomnia and anxiety, digestive issues (stomach pain, flatulence, grumbling), weight loss, extreme fatigue, burping up acid. I had a liver panel test done and had liver damage as well. I stopped taking it immediately and three weeks later (today) I STILL have all these side effects. Another negative of this drug is that is stays in your system for a very long time. I hope I find relief soon with this medication and have complete healing (body and toenail). I would strongly advise against taking this drug.”

SILKYSMOOTH · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I contacted athletes foot terribly in 1982 while in military basic training. I literally tried every cream on the market with only temporary relief. I went to a podiatrist in 1997 and she prescribed lamisil pills one a day for 12 days. The itching and burning was gone in 3 days but went ahead and finished the remaining doses. This is 5-17-2014 and I've been athlete foot free ever since. This is truly a miracle medicine.”

Tommy Brady · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “The good: Try this product. I was always embarrassed to tell my doctor and afraid of side effects. Well all the topical tricks and liquids and over the counter stuff never worked. I can't tell you the last time I had nice looking toenails or feet. The skin on the bottom of my feet was always dry and white and scaly. Not anymore! My wife was shocked at how good they look. And I am getting 4 beautiful toenails growing in! Amazing! Never been so happy to wear flip flops! The bad: I almost stopped taking Lamisil as the first few days I felt very agitated. It went away after a week and now I am fine. I did develop a rash on my arms which I am not sure is a result of the Lamisil treatment or simply a coincidence. But honestly it does work.”

Njay · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Started Lamisil in October. I felt fine until about the third week and got very bloated and gassy. Doctor told me to do “pulse dosing” which was to take for a week then stop for three weeks. After a week off the medication I felt better. I started back and will take it as long as I can. Apparently, the efficacy is almost the same with the intermittent dosing. Just figure that the more I can keep taking it, the better and don’t feel the need to stop for three weeks. Will update.”

ProudGma · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “The podiatrist prescribed Lamisil for my (big) toenail fungus. I asked about side effects & her comment was, “I’ve not seen anything serious.” Well, 5 weeks in and I woke up to exploding diarrhea. This diarrhea continued for 3 weeks - day and night. At first I did not associate the diarrhea with the Lamisil. After discontinuing the med, it took another 2-1/2 weeks to get out of my system and for the diarrhea to stop. I experienced some sleep disruptions, but assumed it was because of my fear of soiling myself & the bed again. My sleep is finally improving, as well. The worst part is that I see no difference in my toenail. I have had blood work done and there are no indications of liver issues. I would definitely go another route than Lamisil.”

AAT July 2, 2008

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Hideous fungus under all 10 toenails since age 12, I'm 52 now. My life is changed, since in adolescence and even until today, I have hidden my toes and suffered ridicule and embarrassing questions. Been taking the drug for 4 mths as I write this. It's a miracle. Big toenails have cleared beautifully to 50% and all other 8 nails are at 90% or better. Taste impacted minimally(temporary). Liver function normal. Just do it.”