User Reviews for Lamisil

Onychomycosis, Toenail
7.3

Summary of Lamisil reviews 7.5 106 reviews

Reviews for Lamisil

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I am 18 and I’ve had to nail fungus since I was about 11. It started off on my left pinky toe but years later , probably because I was in cross country/track, it spread to 4 other toes. I really tried everything from home remedies to over the counter medicine. Finally, I spoke to my doctor and was prescribed to take lamisil I’ll orally for 3 months. I was terrified because of all the negative reviews but I desperately wanted this disgusting fungus to go away. It was the last two months that I admit made it difficult to continue. I basically had diarrhea every morning which was horrible. But other than that that was the only side effect I experienced. It’s been about 3 months since I finished my 3 months prescription. And it truly feels like a miracle. The pinky toe on my left foot Still has a little more clearing up to do but really other than that my toes look so healthy. I’m sure in a few months more all my toe nails will be completely clear. Was worth it."

Kmartinez September 9, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I have suffered from toenail fungus since I was around 6 years old. (I am 23 now) I finally went to the dermatologist last summer for other skin issues and I also addressed my fungal infection and dry and cracked feet. I had no idea that my dry, cracked feet were due to the fungus! I’ve dealt with bloody cracks for most of my life. I decided to go on Lamisil in August of 2017. I took one pill per day for 3 months. About a month in, my cracks and dry skin were healed. My feet were finally so smooth after all these years! Fast forward to a year later, my toenail fungus is completely gone and my new healthy nails are all grown in! The only side effect I experienced while on the medication were headaches. They were bearable and didn’t occur every day. I am so glad I took this medicine! Definitely would recommend."

dgh (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Using only a total of 18 Lamisil pills, my fungi infested toe nails completely healed & I had beautiful toenails back. How did I do it? I took 1 PILL on the 1st-3rd day of each month, which I did for a total of 6 months. I was initially doubtful. How can it work with only 3 pills/month? I followed the plan anyway. After 2-3 weeks, I began to see my smaller toenails heal first. The bigger toenails seemed to have no change. On the 2nd month, I did it again. 3 pills on the first 3 days. Smaller nails began to look really good, to my amazement. I also began to see the base of the larger toenails grow with normal color, as if immune from the fungi. I just stuck to the plan after that. 3 pills/day on the 1st 3 days of each month. I bought 18 pills. By the end of the 6 months, all my beautiful toenails were back & I was no longer ashamed that my feet would be seen by people. JUST BE PATIENT. Hope that helps."

RFG August 6, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Prescribed lamisil tablets by Dr for fungal nail in one big toes. Told I would be tested once a month to ensure my liver okay & would be on tablets 6 to 9 months. First month okay, my liver okay. Nail was getting better. Week 5 I started itching bad 24/7 all over, worst itch of my life. I would wake needing to itch dozens of times a night. I cried so much due to discomfort. I also got bad rash from my chest down all over. Nothing was easing me. I stopped lamisil tablets after 3 days of itch, rash. Then 4 days later went to Dr as the itch was still bad. Dr. said I must be allergic to lamisil. I was told have a shower daily with nizoral shampoo to help my rash & itch but it didn’t help. Got betnovate cream, told use sparingly¬ long term. It helped rash a little. I was given 4 different allergy tablets. The only one that helped was Piriton. It took 9 weeks before my symptoms eased. The lamisil was covered by my medical card in Ireland. But the piriton no. First day of Piriton use it makes me sleepy."

thebigloc July 25, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I just finished 3 months on Lamisil. The only bad thing I’ve experienced thus far is an upset stomach. It comes and goes but right now I’ve had the runs for about 5 days. Even though it’s such an irritating side effect I think for the benefit I’m receiving it is worth it. So far I have noticed a difference in my nails. I know my doctor said to wait half a year to a year but I already see improvement. I’m going to be patient and wait but I feel like this is going to be promising as several of my nails look better already. Again the only downside is that I have a very upset stomach but over all wasn’t too bad. I’d recommend it."

Kcb (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Fungus on all 10 toes for the last 15 years. Toenails were brown, thick and some of them crumbly...from the matrix to the top of the toenail. Soles of feet were extremely hard, dry and cracked. I was prescribed 3 months worth of this medication. My doctor informed me to throw away all my shoes and socks and buy new ones. If you skip this part, your toenail fungus will continue to come back! Buy at least 2 pairs so you can alternate shoes every other day. Sanitize shoes with an anti fungal or sterishoe in between wears. Wash socks alone in boiling water with borax or bleach and dry them completely. Within 2 weeks the hard callouses on my feet were gone...no difference in toe nails at that time. By the end of 3 months I could see a clear nail growing from the bottom up. It’s been 6 months and my toes look amazing. Big toes are still a work in progress. I’m currently taking a 2nd dose for 30 days."

Sandy June 30, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Lamisil cured me of an issue have had since childhood. I was one of the lucky ones to get my toenail infected when I was just a small child and I have lived with this embarrassing condition for 20 years, with no treatments working. My nail was completely infected and raised from the nail bed. I decided to finally try this treatment, although with little hope (I wouldn't believe my nail would start growing clear). A year later and I have a beautiful toenail as if it was never infected. The only side effects I had was a mild allergic reaction at the beginning of the treatment. There is hope and I couldn't be happier!"

M (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "So I’ve been on this for 3 months - after having an infection for 20 years. Always been so scared to go on it. No side effects, liver tests clear, and fungus beginning to clear. Wanted to share a positive review."

Her1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Tried the newest approach to getting rid of fungus after 10 years of doing the OTC method which didn’t work and fungus spread to 4 other nails. I followed my doctor’s instructions to take Lamisil for 7 days straight, then stop and take again for 7 days (every other month). At the same time I am doing laser nail treatment ( Lunula Laser) once a month and applying Jublia daily. What can I say? FINALLY... I am so happy it is going away after 6 months of treatment and I am finally seeing results."

LindaH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Lamisil cost a lot and did not work at all for my toenail fungus."

Buck (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Prescription lamisil has healed my toe nails. I contacted the infection from pedicures. I've learned to do my own pedicures and have been taking the meds and it's great! I've had liver and kidney tests done and I'm good. At first it did make me feel sick, but after a week of taking lamisil I had no issues at all. There are home remedies to cleanse your liver and kidneys. I'd rather help myself than be concerned with what a control group has came up with as far as side effects. I know it works for me and it's even healed my dry feet. Drink water with lemon 4 hrs after your dose. Just think... People take other pills and drink alcholol, which messes up your liver, kidneys and urinary tract, but thats Ok. I'd rather be healthy than worry about what meds will do. If you have diarrhea then take Imodium. So simple!!"

Kelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail "Took for 41 days- stopped because of diarrhea which have had for 2 weeks now. Tried taking Imodium but doesn’t help, ate the BRAT diet (banana, rice, apple, toast) diet for several days- didn’t help. Not worth side effect and can’t get decent answer as to when diarrhea will stop."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Took Lamisil for 4 days I'm stopping it immediately as I had diarrhea from the second day of use. Awful pill, instead of fixing a health issue it brings you more issues, I can't wait for it to get out of my system, probably diarrhea will persist until then, I want nothing to do with this drug. Also took two sets of antibiotics and have used fucidin and the swelling persists. My nail hasn't grown the tiniest bit in four whole months. I don't know what to do, and I did not go to my doctor's appointment because all of these pills that they have recommended haven't helped me at all. I'm done and frustrated."

Ellen (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Three months ago today my big toe nail was white and the nail continued to get thick even thought I attempted to file it down. The fungus spread to another toe nail and that one turned white too, I’ve been taking Lamisil for 3 months and my toe nails are both almost completely clear again. Just in time for summer. Thank goodness for this med."

LR (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Stay away from the pills,they will make you sick and damage you kidneys or liver"

Anonymous February 17, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I have had toenail fungus for about 8 years and managed to get it out of one nail only to have it spread to another. I found it incredibly distressing when it spread to be on three of my nails so I started the pills. The first week I felt fine with maybe a little loose stool, by the second week I’ve had terrible headaches, diarrhoea, cramps, fatigue and depression. I don’t think I can continue with this medication."

Sooty12346 January 15, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I previously took flucozanole for toenail fungus but did not work and it actually spread to my other big toe. Frustrated, I asked my doctor to prescribe me terbinafine. I took it for 3 months and it appears that my nails are getting better. The side effects are horrible. I had an almost daily headache, felt dizzy at times, nauseous once in a while and the worst symptom was the accompanying depression that came with the drug. I'm glad the course is over. Don't want to do that again. Here's to hoping the fungus is gone."

Nicknickooooo December 19, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "My husband suffered from toe nail fungus since I met him for years. One day he was given free samples of lamisil for a three month period. He took it and his toe nails miraculously cured! From super yellow nails that were impossible to cut to natural healthy nails. He worked in construction so wearing steel toe shoes did not helped. He got some back but after ten years, due to his job. It was not contagious though. I worked at Home Depot for a year and wore steel toe boots for protection and noticed a bit of fungus growing on my big toe!, I requested lamisil and the Dr. Was reluctant to prescribe it for the possible side effects, all bodies are different so let's see what happens. I don't believe in topical antifungal!"

CYO October 10, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "It is SO important to get rid of ALL of your shoes and socks at about the 3 month mark of taking the prescription, when you are starting to see healthy toe nail growth, or it will keep coming back. Definitely worth the sacrifice!!"

Jenner23 September 29, 2017

For Tinea Pedis "Got rid of my toenail fungus. But I lost my sense of taste for 3 months. Nasty drug."

Anonymous August 23, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "My comments will be in 2 parts. Part 1) I've had fungus on my big toenails for the last 20+ years and have tried everything. In 2012, my primary doctor prescribed generic Lamisil (Terbinafine) which I took for about a month without issue. At refill time, the pharmacy changed to a different Terbinafine provider and told me not to be surprised by the difference in the appearance of the pills. After a week, I developed a rash on my upper body accompanied by fevers & chills. My doctor ordered me to discontinue the Terbinafine pills and the symptoms ended. At the time it wasn't clear if I had simply had an allergic reaction to a new ingredient in the 2nd batch of Terinafine pills. Regardless, I discontinued the pills and my fungus never cleared."

WW-NJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Part 2) Still frustrated by toenail fungus, in June 2017, I asked a foot doctor to prescribe generic Lamisil. Less than a week after I started taking it, I started getting fevers & chills, my urine turned dark, I had a loss of appetite, trouble sleeping and felt itchy all over. I felt terrible but hoped I could get through it by taking Advil for the fevers/chills and Benydryl for the itching. Then I got a rash on my upper body again. None of the other side effects were going away. I discontinued use. Lab work showed my liver count was high. After a few days off Terbinafine all negative side effects have stopped. I will go back for lab work again next week and expect it to show my liver function to be normal. Use caution with this drug!"

WW-NJ (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

For Tinea Pedis "I can't believe how well this medicine worked! I had athlete's foot for five years on my left foot & for six months on my right foot. My entire left foot on the bottom & sides & in between my toes itched like crazy at times. Every day I suffered with my foot itching in the shower or whenever my foot sweated. I scratched so hard in the shower that my foot bled, and I really felt like I was suffering & that wasn't too strong of a word. I tried a few things that I read online & nothing helped. I finally tried Lamisil 1%, using it twice a day for six weeks & missing a few doses. Directions are for two weeks. It finally cured my athlete's foot! It's costly but worth every penny. I still use it occasionally to be on the safe side. I rate it 10*!"

athlete's foot (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I was prescribed Lamisil for 3 months as an oral tablet to treat fingernail and toenail fungus. Topical medications did nothing. The fungus is basically cleared up on my toes but of the 5 fingernails that had it, only 3 responded. I had blood draws for liver function frequently and had no side effects from the medication. I do not drink alcohol so my liver was not under much stress. Since not all the fingernails have improved, I'm hoping I can start another 3 month treatment."

caneartist1 July 15, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "This medication can damage liver function. I was prescribed with Lamisil, after 3 days, I discovered my urine turned into dark tea color, I fell into sick. I go my liver test result came back, it showed my liver was damaged, it's 3 times beyond more than the normal result. I wasn't able to continue to use Lamisil. I also checked if I got any kind of hepatitis, the results came back which indicated that I had never been affected with any kind of hepatitis. Eventually it took me almost 1 year to recover from using Lamisil."

Healthy Matt (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017