Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 5, 2022.
Assessment Prior to Initiation
Before administering LAMISIL Tablets, evaluate patients for evidence of chronic or active liver disease [see Contraindications (4) and Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
Fingernail onychomycosis: One 250 mg tablet once daily for 6 weeks.
Toenail onychomycosis: One 250 mg tablet once daily for 12 weeks.
The optimal clinical effect is seen some months after mycological cure and cessation of treatment. This is related to the period required for outgrowth of healthy nail.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the most common skin conditions? (with photos)
- What is the best over-the-counter nail fungus treatment?
- What home remedies work well for toenail fungus?
- How do I get rid of nail fungus?
More about Lamisil (terbinafine)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (139)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Support group
- Drug class: miscellaneous antifungals
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.