User Reviews for Griseofulvin

Onychomycosis, Toenail

Summary of Griseofulvin reviews 5.6 14 reviews

Reviews for Griseofulvin

Fay · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2019

For Tinea Capitis: "I was prescribed Griseofulvin for tinea capitis (Scalp Ringworm). I am on day 3 of taking this medication, I take three 125mg pills once a day at the same time every day. I suffered from Tinea capitis since 2009, unfortunately, this did not occur to me until 2018. Once I realized I suffered from Tinea capitis I made an appointment to see my doctor and was prescribed with 2% Ketaconazole shampoo. The shampoo temporarily minimizes the enlarged hair follicles and minimized itching. After 1 year of using Ketaconazole with no improvement, I searched for additional treatments online in research papers and other articles and found that tinea capitis must be treated with oral medication (normally Griseofulvin), in order for the infection to be cured. After 3 days of taking griseofulvin, I already feel like my itchy symptoms has subsided immensely and my enlarged hair follicles are shrinking. Life changer, I no longer have to worry about my hair line receding due to tinea capitis."

Kj · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

For Tinea Capitis: "This was given to my 8 year old daughter, she started having trouble sleeping, would fall sleep and wake up within two hours at night, she suffered headaches and nausea, she was sick twice as soon as she swallowed the tablet on the fifth day, she felt tingling in her hands and feet throughout the days, she was advised to stop."

Yesi86 November 14, 2016

Grisactin Ultra (griseofulvin) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Worst stomachache ache ! It's only been 4 days since I started taking this . Oh n I've had a bad headache since taking this ."

DarleneF22 August 4, 2016

For Tinea Corporis: "For ringworm. It tastes horrible - you are ruining my life"

hurtlocker · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2016

For Tinea Corporis: "It got rid of my ringworm, but I was sick to my stomach the entire time I was on it. They say to take it with a high fat meal, and I did, but I became sick about an hour after taking it. My skin broke out in hives after being in the sun for a couple minutes, and this drug made my life hell for an entire month"

Missy9001 April 2, 2016

For Tinea Corporis: "I'm on day 2 and feel nauseated, bad headache, had a fever earlier is gone now after taking Excedrin. Will not continue to take. I DO NOT LIKE this medicine."

I.q August 29, 2015

Gris-PEG (griseofulvin) for Tinea Cruris: "Works for the first time . Don't work 2nd time you get it."

Pat R. July 11, 2015

Gris-PEG (griseofulvin) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Just started this rx a few days ago. Worst diarrhea of my life. If it persists I going to.stop taking it."

CPhT8176 June 22, 2015

Grifulvin V (griseofulvin) for Dermatophytosis: "It worked great but, a little slower than I wanted."

Millimeika November 17, 2011

Gris-PEG (griseofulvin) for Dermatophytosis: "This medicine is a life saver. As soon as I start taking the medicine, I seen an immediate response. I love it."

Anonymous August 4, 2010

Gris-PEG (griseofulvin) for Tinea Capitis: "Extreme insomnia when first starting it. Also, woken up by urge to have a bowel movement. Both seem to subside after body gets used to the medicine."

collegekidinOhio April 13, 2010

For Tinea Barbae: "After years of searching these posts for user reviews of treatments for Tinea Barbae, I have yet to find one. There HAS to be others like me out there. It is not easy having your face look this way. Let me start by saying that I have had this "condition" of what was most recently diagnosed as Tinea Barbae for YEARS. I am 23 now and can remember the origins of it in high school. My case has been treated as acne in a thousand different ways and only recently did my dermatologist do a fungal test that came out positive. I was originally prescribed a topical anti-fungal cream (Lamisil) and oral terbinafine for 2 weeks. No improvement. Went back, dermatologist, switched me to Griseofulvin for 4 weeks. I just completed week 2 yesterday (4/12) and have seen NO improvement."

Bad Experience October 19, 2009

Gris-PEG (griseofulvin) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Very bad experience. Heart pounding immediately after ingestion, extreme sensitivity to light, swelling of face, gum, etc."

KEITH IN MICHIGAN August 22, 2009

Fulvicin U/F (griseofulvin) for Tinea Cruris: "I'm a retired land surveyor that worked for many years in Florida. I have been searching for this name of this medicine for years. My condition had returned after 30 years and I account that to the Michigan swamps 5 years ago. Well I'll say short of cutting off your lower torso, nothing works on this condition. Dermatologists, doctors and MD's all give the standard non hydro-creams and powders. They only head the danger times but do not cure. Vietnam Vet pharmacist help me out on Fulvicin. Now I must spell it for my Michigan Doctor. GOD bless those who served."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)