User Reviews for Griseofulvin to treat Tinea Capitis

Also known as: Gris-PEG

Fay · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2019

“I was prescribed Griseofulvin for tinea capitis (Scalp Ringworm). I am on day 3 of taking this medication, I take three 125mg pills once a day at the same time every day. I suffered from Tinea capitis since 2009, unfortunately, this did not occur to me until 2018. Once I realized I suffered from Tinea capitis I made an appointment to see my doctor and was prescribed with 2% Ketaconazole shampoo. The shampoo temporarily minimizes the enlarged hair follicles and minimized itching. After 1 year of using Ketaconazole with no improvement, I searched for additional treatments online in research papers and other articles and found that tinea capitis must be treated with oral medication (normally Griseofulvin), in order for the infection to be cured. After 3 days of taking griseofulvin, I already feel like my itchy symptoms has subsided immensely and my enlarged hair follicles are shrinking. Life changer, I no longer have to worry about my hair line receding due to tinea capitis.”

Kj · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

“This was given to my 8 year old daughter, she started having trouble sleeping, would fall sleep and wake up within two hours at night, she suffered headaches and nausea, she was sick twice as soon as she swallowed the tablet on the fifth day, she felt tingling in her hands and feet throughout the days, she was advised to stop.”

Anonymous August 4, 2010

Gris-PEG (griseofulvin): “Extreme insomnia when first starting it. Also, woken up by urge to have a bowel movement. Both seem to subside after body gets used to the medicine.”

Learn more about Tinea Capitis