User Reviews for Terbinafine

Cutaneous Candidiasis

Tinea Capitis

Summary of Terbinafine reviews 7.1 286 reviews

Reviews for Terbinafine

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I am 18 and I’ve had to nail fungus since I was about 11. It started off on my left pinky toe but years later , probably because I was in cross country/track, it spread to 4 other toes. I really tried everything from home remedies to over the counter medicine. Finally, I spoke to my doctor and was prescribed to take lamisil I’ll orally for 3 months. I was terrified because of all the negative reviews but I desperately wanted this disgusting fungus to go away. It was the last two months that I admit made it difficult to continue. I basically had diarrhea every morning which was horrible. But other than that that was the only side effect I experienced. It’s been about 3 months since I finished my 3 months prescription. And it truly feels like a miracle. The pinky toe on my left foot Still has a little more clearing up to do but really other than that my toes look so healthy. I’m sure in a few months more all my toe nails will be completely clear. Was worth it."

Kmartinez September 9, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I'm 19, and I've had toenail fungus, athlete's foot & scaly/flaky leg problems (all clinically diagnosed by a culture) for over 3 years. I went to the doctor inquiring about treatment after failing with mostly all OTC/homeopathic treatments available, so an oral med was kind of my last option. I've been on Terbinafine for 2 & 1/2 months. Both big toenails & 4 others were affected. The only improvement I have seen is the big nail on my right foot, which is growing in pink, but the others remain discolored. My skin has not cleared up AT ALL, is itchy/flaking off, and I'm not sure what else to do. My doctor said at my follow-up: when Terbinafine is used for scalp ringworm or athlete's foot that has not responded to topical treatments, it should start resolving within a few weeks. Even though I haven't experienced any side effects, it hasn't done much for me. I'll continue to take it for a few more months & see if that improves anything. I will review again if anything changes."

layla September 8, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I'm 2 weeks on this drug, I can see changes in the nails already, I have the fungus in all 10. Experienced an upset stomach but I use 1 pepto bismol tablet every other day. I take the medication in the evening and other medication in the AM so that the stomach doesn’t get overwhelmed I shall update as time passes. Honestly, after 10 years of fungus I am just happy to see a positive change and the side effects are manageable I am in U.K. and I get this medication for free !!"

Gazzagaz (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: "Stopped medication yesterday. I had taken for 37 days. It had started to help my finger nail and toe nail but side effects were unbearable and are still bothering me. I had severe anxiety the day before yesterday, sleep problems for several nights in a row, my joints hurt, the gland on the right side of my neck hurts, I itch. I hope the side effects will go away. I've called Dr. but he hasn't got back to me. If I don't feel better over the Labor Day weekend I may go to ER..."

Phoebe (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2018

For Tinea Pedis: "I was told I have a foot fungus (spreading to body), had very similar reaction as 1st reviewer, I have taken brand, Lamisil, with no problem and it worked, but not this generic brand."

the lamborghini (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Let me start off by stating that I am already sensitive to antibiotics, so I wasn't too surprised by this reaction. That being said, this was the fastest I've ever had a reaction of this nature to an antibiotic, and it was confirmed by a doctor to indeed be a reaction to the antibiotic. --I also want to say to those who don't believe these reactions exist: Just because you're the extremely lucky individuals whose bodies don't rebel against modern medicine, doesn't mean the rest of the world is as lucky, so please be respectful to the rest of us.-- Within two days of starting the 250mg pill version of this medicine, I got a sore throat (which I have had before as a antibiotic-side-effect issue and know it is not a virus or bacterial infection) and have trouble swallowing. I have also had a fast heart beat, two kinds of thrush, and tendonitis. Since stopping this medication, these issues are slowing down."

Frustrated August 18, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have suffered from toenail fungus since I was around 6 years old. (I am 23 now) I finally went to the dermatologist last summer for other skin issues and I also addressed my fungal infection and dry and cracked feet. I had no idea that my dry, cracked feet were due to the fungus! I’ve dealt with bloody cracks for most of my life. I decided to go on Lamisil in August of 2017. I took one pill per day for 3 months. About a month in, my cracks and dry skin were healed. My feet were finally so smooth after all these years! Fast forward to a year later, my toenail fungus is completely gone and my new healthy nails are all grown in! The only side effect I experienced while on the medication were headaches. They were bearable and didn’t occur every day. I am so glad I took this medicine! Definitely would recommend."

dgh (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: "Started taking the pills as recommended by the doctor about 2 months ago. The first week of taking the didn't really feel any side affects but as time passed I started getting stomach aches and feeling nauseous. After two months of taking them as recommended I had to go to the emergency room for an anxiety attack which then became discomfort in my chest, hard of breathing, really bad anxiety and cold sweat feeling like a had a fever almost. Also another side affects was the dark urine and diarrhea. After leaving the emergency room they had told me that everything check out there was no issues other then the anxiety I was feeling. Honestly it has gotten my nails better but there more natural ways of taking care of fungal infections on hand snd nail and way better for you. If I would have known that ahead of time I would have never taken this medication in the first place"

Marty August 7, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Using only a total of 18 Lamisil pills, my fungi infested toe nails completely healed & I had beautiful toenails back. How did I do it? I took 1 PILL on the 1st-3rd day of each month, which I did for a total of 6 months. I was initially doubtful. How can it work with only 3 pills/month? I followed the plan anyway. After 2-3 weeks, I began to see my smaller toenails heal first. The bigger toenails seemed to have no change. On the 2nd month, I did it again. 3 pills on the first 3 days. Smaller nails began to look really good, to my amazement. I also began to see the base of the larger toenails grow with normal color, as if immune from the fungi. I just stuck to the plan after that. 3 pills/day on the 1st 3 days of each month. I bought 18 pills. By the end of the 6 months, all my beautiful toenails were back & I was no longer ashamed that my feet would be seen by people. JUST BE PATIENT. Hope that helps."

RFG August 6, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Prescribed lamisil tablets by Dr for fungal nail in one big toes. Told I would be tested once a month to ensure my liver okay & would be on tablets 6 to 9 months. First month okay, my liver okay. Nail was getting better. Week 5 I started itching bad 24/7 all over, worst itch of my life. I would wake needing to itch dozens of times a night. I cried so much due to discomfort. I also got bad rash from my chest down all over. Nothing was easing me. I stopped lamisil tablets after 3 days of itch, rash. Then 4 days later went to Dr as the itch was still bad. Dr. said I must be allergic to lamisil. I was told have a shower daily with nizoral shampoo to help my rash & itch but it didn’t help. Got betnovate cream, told use sparingly¬ long term. It helped rash a little. I was given 4 different allergy tablets. The only one that helped was Piriton. It took 9 weeks before my symptoms eased. The lamisil was covered by my medical card in Ireland. But the piriton no. First day of Piriton use it makes me sleepy."

thebigloc July 25, 2018

For Tinea Capitis: "Took for two weeks. Severe rash on the trunk of my body and my cervical lymph nodes swelled up like a balloon. My ability to smell was also significantly affected. Stopped the medicine and went on steroids and am feeling better now."

Swollen (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I just finished 3 months on Lamisil. The only bad thing I’ve experienced thus far is an upset stomach. It comes and goes but right now I’ve had the runs for about 5 days. Even though it’s such an irritating side effect I think for the benefit I’m receiving it is worth it. So far I have noticed a difference in my nails. I know my doctor said to wait half a year to a year but I already see improvement. I’m going to be patient and wait but I feel like this is going to be promising as several of my nails look better already. Again the only downside is that I have a very upset stomach but over all wasn’t too bad. I’d recommend it."

Kcb (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2018

For Tinea Pedis: "I was only able to stay on it for a month. I had seen some improvement, but the side effects were awful. Especially the insomnia affected every aspect of my life and health. Doctor switched me to the cream, which seems to be working well with no side effects."

Scratchy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Started taking terbinafine in February this year, I’m 18 and have had fungus since I was 6 years old, I couldn’t be any happier. I have experienced a few side effects like I'm tired a lot but it’s well worth it. All my liver and kidney tests were clear, a few more months to go on treatment. My nails where really bad all yellow and crusting away and now all 10 nails have returned to normal color, also I have no more hard skin on my feet. Just some fungus left around edges of big toe which should be gone soon. The cons of terbinafine is it takes really long to treat but well worth it. Most people live with gross nails for years so what’s 6 months."

Scott July 3, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Fungus on all 10 toes for the last 15 years. Toenails were brown, thick and some of them crumbly...from the matrix to the top of the toenail. Soles of feet were extremely hard, dry and cracked. I was prescribed 3 months worth of this medication. My doctor informed me to throw away all my shoes and socks and buy new ones. If you skip this part, your toenail fungus will continue to come back! Buy at least 2 pairs so you can alternate shoes every other day. Sanitize shoes with an anti fungal or sterishoe in between wears. Wash socks alone in boiling water with borax or bleach and dry them completely. Within 2 weeks the hard callouses on my feet were gone...no difference in toe nails at that time. By the end of 3 months I could see a clear nail growing from the bottom up. It’s been 6 months and my toes look amazing. Big toes are still a work in progress. I’m currently taking a 2nd dose for 30 days."

Sandy June 30, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Lamisil cured me of an issue have had since childhood. I was one of the lucky ones to get my toenail infected when I was just a small child and I have lived with this embarrassing condition for 20 years, with no treatments working. My nail was completely infected and raised from the nail bed. I decided to finally try this treatment, although with little hope (I wouldn't believe my nail would start growing clear). A year later and I have a beautiful toenail as if it was never infected. The only side effects I had was a mild allergic reaction at the beginning of the treatment. There is hope and I couldn't be happier!"

M (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "After taking one 250mg tablet, I developed a rash on my legs. Contacted the doctor who advised to discontinue use. Dr then prescribed a Rx nail lacquer which I've been on for two weeks."

Jack (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "So I’ve been on this for 3 months - after having an infection for 20 years. Always been so scared to go on it. No side effects, liver tests clear, and fungus beginning to clear. Wanted to share a positive review."

Her1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

For Tinea Capitis: "I have bald spots on my head which is caused by a fungus. I was told to treat this was by taking terbinafine. One went away while the other stayed, I start noticing the front of my hair is starting to fall out. Come to find out this is what's causes hair loss. Do not take this if you want to loose your hair."

bogabear (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Tried the newest approach to getting rid of fungus after 10 years of doing the OTC method which didn’t work and fungus spread to 4 other nails. I followed my doctor’s instructions to take Lamisil for 7 days straight, then stop and take again for 7 days (every other month). At the same time I am doing laser nail treatment ( Lunula Laser) once a month and applying Jublia daily. What can I say? FINALLY... I am so happy it is going away after 6 months of treatment and I am finally seeing results."

LindaH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Lamisil cost a lot and did not work at all for my toenail fungus."

Buck (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Part 2 - I've commented before and wanted to update . I finished my 6 month dose in Jan ( 2018 ) this year and now it's end of May . My toenails are so much better (from all thick and black ) to normal looking colour . Big toes are completely clear and other two are clear . 4 are nearly done and 2 small toes are still bad but not black . They have thinner now . I'm now on my last 3 month last one I will have to do ever ! It's been great I just started the 3 month so all up I have done 9 months so far . It's been so good ( slight side effects ATM ) but it is fine it does work for some people . Not everyone is going to see results BUT others will like me !!! "

Yuna (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2018

For Tinea Pedis: "Terbinafine works to curb athlete's foot flare ups within the first couple days, thankful for this medication! (Oral tablets)"

Littlekim (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Prescription lamisil has healed my toe nails. I contacted the infection from pedicures. I've learned to do my own pedicures and have been taking the meds and it's great! I've had liver and kidney tests done and I'm good. At first it did make me feel sick, but after a week of taking lamisil I had no issues at all. There are home remedies to cleanse your liver and kidneys. I'd rather help myself than be concerned with what a control group has came up with as far as side effects. I know it works for me and it's even healed my dry feet. Drink water with lemon 4 hrs after your dose. Just think... People take other pills and drink alcholol, which messes up your liver, kidneys and urinary tract, but thats Ok. I'd rather be healthy than worry about what meds will do. If you have diarrhea then take Imodium. So simple!!"

Kelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "My toenails were pretty bad, I had tried all the over the counter anti fungals and home remedies, nothing was working. I finally decided to go to the doctor he prescribed me 90 days I didn't notice side effects at all. After the 90 days I went to get a second round. I only got it for a another 60 days. It definitely takes time and patience but after 1 year I finally have a full grown big toenail (I cut it down all the way to the numb thinking it would help me reach the fungus better) and was able to get my first pedicure!"

Jenn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018