User Reviews for Terbinafine

Also known as: Lamisil, Terbinex

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Terbinafine.

Onychomycosis, Fingernail

5.7

Cutaneous Candidiasis

Summary of Terbinafine reviews 6.6 240 reviews

Reviews for Terbinafine

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I started this on July the 6th of this year (2017) I'm completing a 6 month course it finishes next month in Jan :) it took like 4 months to show a dramatic change ! It's def getting there I wanted to make a comment before but wanted to wait !! So I have had toenail and fingernail fungus since I was 12 from working with plants and what not . I never ever showed my feet to anyone so embarrassed lololololllll . Anyways then my fingernails got infected !! N I was like noooooooo so my mum never took me as a teen I waited till I turned 19 and went to the doc myself . Got prescribed terabinafine 2 years ago for 3 months and it got rid of my fingernail infection and I didn't tell the doc I had toenail fungus cause it was soooo bad . Part 1"

Yuns December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I had toenail fungus bad for 10 years, on 9 toes. 5 of them looked hideous, like rams horns. I was terrified of this medicine for years, didn't want to take it etc. Finally plucked up the courage to go to the Dr, she told me this medicine is misrepresented due to people mainly sharing negative reviews. I was on it for 4 months, gave up drinking, cut out caffeine, takes at least 6-8 weeks to notice anything, but after 3 months on it the fungus had stopped growing. Then I threw away all my old socks and use Clearzal on my toes daily to keep the microbes off. Now 9 months on the fungus has completely gone and my feet are soft - its amazing. A little fatigue and salty taste, other than that no side effects"

Daniel Martin November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: "I had a two month prescription for terbinafine because of severe athlete's foot. I had thick blackened toenails, rough peeling skin, and had tried OTCs and home remedies with little to no effect. Once I started this prescription, I did notice it affected my sense of taste, but continued taking it. I skipped a month and noticed weeks later that my toenails were almost completely clear. I recently went to get the last refill to ensure my condition doesn't return. The only thing I notice now, is that I'm sleepier than usual."

Relieved One (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Mine started as a kid playing sports all the time and not having very good hygiene, as a result I got toenail fungus which as a kid I didn't care. Now as an adult I have one constant fear of people wondering why I don't wear open toe shoes, but after asking my doctor he recommended terbinafine for 3 months one pill a day, its been amazing no side affects thank god. My nail after 15yrs are clearing up there growing like normal nails the skin on my feet is smooth for the first time in years nothing over the counter ever worked for me. I'm so thankful I came across this drug, feels like in taking my life back and might go cray shoe shopping hell I've never owned a pair of sandals!!!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I had a toe nail fungus years ago, and used terbinafine. I didn't have any side effects. It cleared my toenail fungus. This is my second time using the medication, due to me getting toenail fungus again from a nail salon :( I'm very happy with the medication . It really works. My husband and I see changes already, clear beautiful toenails once again. I'm happy, and very satisfied ."

Keshia G (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "My husband suffered from toe nail fungus since I met him for years. One day he was given free samples of lamisil for a three month period. He took it and his toe nails miraculously cured! From super yellow nails that were impossible to cut to natural healthy nails. He worked in construction so wearing steel toe shoes did not helped. He got some back but after ten years, due to his job. It was not contagious though. I worked at Home Depot for a year and wore steel toe boots for protection and noticed a bit of fungus growing on my big toe!, I requested lamisil and the Dr. Was reluctant to prescribe it for the possible side effects, all bodies are different so let's see what happens. I don't believe in topical antifungal!"

CYO October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "My toenail fungus was severe. Five nails of ten were thickened and had shades ranging from yellow to brown to black. Started taking Terbisil in June 2017 and by the middle of July my toenails were visibly growing out. Went back to the doctor in October 2017 and she said two months really is the recommended time frame for taking the pills as it is most effective in treating the fungus. So I took the pills for 4wks first and now I have another 6 weeks to take. It was good treatment though. Side effects were non-existent. I imagine different folks have their own experience."

Dae Girl October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "It is SO important to get rid of ALL of your shoes and socks at about the 3 month mark of taking the prescription, when you are starting to see healthy toe nail growth, or it will keep coming back. Definitely worth the sacrifice!!"

Jenner23 September 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have toenail fungus for the past 5 years and I found this drug is magic. I have completed 3 months medication and I have another 3 months to go and my toenails are 80% better. So definitely recommend this medication."

Manjit chatha September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I had nail fungus for about 30 years on two nails, it was starting to bother me, so I asked a podiatrist for an anti-fungal medication. I was given terbinafine for 3 months. For the last week of the medication and about 2 months after, I had mouth sores; very uncomfortable; I have never had them before. Also, it seemed to suppress my immune system; about 2 weeks after I stopped taking it I got the worst stomach virus I have ever had; I had a fever of 102 and slept for 36 hours straight; I was vacationing with five other people at the time including a 2 year old, a transplant recipient on immune suppressants and a 76 year old; no one else got more than a mild upset stomach for a day; I usually don't get sick; I guess I am out of space."

kfa (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have been dealing with the fungus for ~25 years. Started with one and migrated to all of them. My PCP refused to put me on it for years. "May not even work? "Can cause liver damage." I have a history of HBP and cholesterol, but under control now without meds. I moved to Chicago, got a new PCP. Revisited it with him. Started the three month cycle. No side affects, very brief change in my tastebuds and liver fuction is normal. I read the reviews and did my due diligence. After three months I have seen a dramatic improvement. My feet were very dried out and scales. That is much better. Good nail beds are growing out. I am excited to see what happens now after the prescription is done. My nails were bad! Very happy I tried it!"

Wagtom73 August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Tinea Pedis: "Got rid of my toenail fungus. But I lost my sense of taste for 3 months. Nasty drug."

Anonymous August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "After a few days of use I came down with flu like symptoms; nausea, migraine, runny nose, fever, chills, body pains, blurred vision, diarrhea. I ended up having to take 2 days off from work to recover from this drug. I would highly recommend using caution when taking. Will not be continuing..."

Christine096 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "My comments will be in 2 parts. Part 1) I've had fungus on my big toenails for the last 20+ years and have tried everything. In 2012, my primary doctor prescribed generic Lamisil (Terbinafine) which I took for about a month without issue. At refill time, the pharmacy changed to a different Terbinafine provider and told me not to be surprised by the difference in the appearance of the pills. After a week, I developed a rash on my upper body accompanied by fevers & chills. My doctor ordered me to discontinue the Terbinafine pills and the symptoms ended. At the time it wasn't clear if I had simply had an allergic reaction to a new ingredient in the 2nd batch of Terinafine pills. Regardless, I discontinued the pills and my fungus never cleared."

WW-NJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Part 2) Still frustrated by toenail fungus, in June 2017, I asked a foot doctor to prescribe generic Lamisil. Less than a week after I started taking it, I started getting fevers & chills, my urine turned dark, I had a loss of appetite, trouble sleeping and felt itchy all over. I felt terrible but hoped I could get through it by taking Advil for the fevers/chills and Benydryl for the itching. Then I got a rash on my upper body again. None of the other side effects were going away. I discontinued use. Lab work showed my liver count was high. After a few days off Terbinafine all negative side effects have stopped. I will go back for lab work again next week and expect it to show my liver function to be normal. Use caution with this drug!"

WW-NJ (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Tinea Pedis: "I can't believe how well this medicine worked! I had athlete's foot for five years on my left foot & for six months on my right foot. My entire left foot on the bottom & sides & in between my toes itched like crazy at times. Every day I suffered with my foot itching in the shower or whenever my foot sweated. I scratched so hard in the shower that my foot bled, and I really felt like I was suffering & that wasn't too strong of a word. I tried a few things that I read online & nothing helped. I finally tried Lamisil 1%, using it twice a day for six weeks & missing a few doses. Directions are for two weeks. It finally cured my athlete's foot! It's costly but worth every penny. I still use it occasionally to be on the safe side. I rate it 10*!"

athlete's foot (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I was prescribed Lamisil for 3 months as an oral tablet to treat fingernail and toenail fungus. Topical medications did nothing. The fungus is basically cleared up on my toes but of the 5 fingernails that had it, only 3 responded. I had blood draws for liver function frequently and had no side effects from the medication. I do not drink alcohol so my liver was not under much stress. Since not all the fingernails have improved, I'm hoping I can start another 3 month treatment."

caneartist1 July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinea Pedis: "Never works for me. N.B. I am talking about the ointment. It goes on greasy, is generally a nuisance, and then over the next couple of days the skin on top of my foot gets progressively puffier. The greasiness cannot be overstated. This makes the itching worse and you have to wear sandals even after you've quit using it."

BernardShakey (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Took terbinafine for 7 months & it has not led to any improvement in my toe nails-they are still discoloured with fungus which also causes some of the nails to thicken & become difficult to cut."

fred man July 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: "I had been taking 1 terbinafine tablet daily for intestinal candidiasis for almost 2 months when I got itchy red bumps on my legs, which soon spread to red bumps and blotches on my arms and upper chest along with incredible itching . After eliminating scabies as cause, terbinafine was identified as the culprit, since my only other prescription medication was Synthroid, which I have taken for more than 60 years without problems. I've been off terbinafine for 2 months. The bumps have all gone down, blotches are fading, and I no longer have the unbelievable itching, which I couldn't stop even with 30 mg. of dye-free Benadryl capsules. I will never take this drug again, even though it did help with the candida (assessed by delayed reaction to allergy testing)."

MAROSE11 June 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have suffered from toenail fungus for about 10 years finally gave up after trying everything over the counter and all home remedies doctor prescribed pills for six weeks after having blood work. Had labs done every six weeks for a total of nine months it does take about that time to start seeing a huge difference must take medication daily nail seem to grow slower during the process. The results are amazing I am showing off my toes after so many years"

Sanders04 June 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinea Pedis: "Great drug, zero side effects- I would not believe any of the horror story side effect posts. Absolutely zero side effects but clear toe nails and resolution of horrible itchy rashes that plagued the bottom of my feet for years. My liver was fine the whole time. A breeze. 3 month course."

cr38 June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have suffered from ugly fungus in my toe nails for over 40 years along with dry feet with skin scaling off all over. I tried just about every off the the counter medication to no avail. Finally, I decided to visit a podiatrist who prescribed a 3 months of Terbinafine treatment. I tested my liver before the treatment and then three times during and after treatment. The test results were good and there was no effects by the drug on my liver. During the first 2 weeks of treatment, I noticed a significant improvement in my dry feet. The scaling stopped completely and to my amazement, my feet looked healthy. The toe nails, however, took much longer to heal. Today, one year later my toe nails are completely clear and no signs of fungus period!"

Charlie Tea (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Unfortunately, this medicine gave me horrible hives. Instead I tried a mixture of vicks vaporub and athlete's foot medicine as recommended by my husband's doctor. Twice a day. Worked fantastic. Took about 6 to 8 months, but toes are now clear and healthy. Save your money."

bllt2 June 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have just finished my 12 week prescription of Terbinafine for my toenail fungus that effected my right big toenail which was bad, but not horrible and my 2 small toenails. I had read some of the other reviews and was worried about the side effects. I thankfully did not have any. My nails have cleared out wonderfully and cannot wait to see them when they are fully grown out."

Pugglemommy2005 June 14, 2017