User Reviews for Terbinafine

Cutaneous Candidiasis
4.2

Summary of Terbinafine reviews 6.8 309 reviews

Reviews for Terbinafine

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Took this for 18 days. The day I started this drug I also received a steroid injection into my foot, knowing I can react to steroids at first I thought my symptoms were related to that, but they never subsided. Symptoms were first major insomnia, too much energy. Then after a couple days, still insomnia but depression and tearfulness. I was given ambien for the insomnia but that did not help! Usually Ambien will correct my insomnia in a day or two. In addition to the insomnia I have anxiety, bordering on panic, peed dark colored urine a couple times and experience some weird tingling once in a while. Currently I am not working, but if I had a job, I'd probably have to take a leave of absence, my mind is so exhausted. Been off terbinafine for 3 days. With sleep aids, got 5-6 hours sleep for last two nights which is amazing but still feeling awful. Now I'm concerned about getting an addiction to sleep meds. This is one of the worst experiences of my life."

rachel April 1, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have had toe nail fungus for over 7-8 years. My big toe nail was so severely damaged that it was getting very thick and ugly. I was done being embarrassed and was dying to wear open toed shoes again! So the first day I took it in the morning and I felt nauseous and I got a very dry mouth and a metal taste. I got scared after reading so many reviews about losing your taste. I took the pill three (3) days and then stopped because I didn’t think it was worth losing my taste or feeling this terrible metallic taste in my mouth all the time and having a dry mouth AND feeling nauseous. Well, after 6 months now my toenail is almost all grown out and looks to be healthy!!! I still continue to have a very dry mouth and that metallic taste still lingers on!! BUT I never lost my taste and my feet aren’t scaly anymore and my toenail looks normal AGAIN!! So if that’s the worst case I’m glad I tried it out and I’m looking forward to wearing sandals again this summer!!"

Barbara April 1, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Hi. I was prescribed terbinafine recently and took the first dose around 8pm. At around 11pm I noticed my heart was racing and I was short of breath (more winded than short of breath). I didn't really feel bad and was able to go to sleep without any problems. Around 4am I woke up because my heart was pounding and racing. I wasn't panicked or even upset, just uncomfortable. I had pressure under my left arm that radiated down to my hand, could feel the artery in my neck beating w/o even touching it and my lips felt wierd, like I they were beating as well. It lasted a couple of hours and finally calmed down. I checked my BP at work and it was normal but I didn't feel quite right for a day or 2 after. I did not take anymore after that. Everyone reacts differently to medications so don't let anyone tell you you're wrong if u have a reaction to a med that has a low side effect occurance."

Tachy (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Terbinafine should be renamed “poison”! It’s deadly. I only took One (one tablet!!!) and within hours the room was spinning so fast, I was throwing up and had diarrhea. I continued to vomit even though I only drank water for two days. Was so tired I was sleeping all the time I wasn’t being sick. Goodness knows what it would do to me if I continued. Rather live with dodgy toenail. Dr only mentioned potential liver problem and booked a blood test. Be warned!"

B (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Terbinafine pulse treatment successfully cleared my big toenail fungus that I've had for over 5 years. Treatment only took 5 months. No side effects."

bob (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "6 months treatment, no improvement made. GP seems at a loss to treat toe and finger nail infection present for approx 6yrs."

M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Having read the comments, I did more research, and here is the title to google "Safety and tolerability of oral antifungal agents in the treatment of fungal nail disease: a proven reality"that I suggest reading. It is very technical, but fully understandable if you take the time to read it clearly. I am not a doctor! The negative reactions to terbinafine are people have mentioned are in the extreme low percentage of users. I am about 12 weeks into the treatment, and zero side effects. I have 2 fingers on my left hand with a small amount of fungus, and I am seeing results. This I believe is related to the faster growth of finger nails than toe nails. My right foot, especially my big toe has the most evident fungus problem. As of yet, I have seen no improvement, but it is suggested that it will probably need continuing medication for about double time"

BFW (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Definitely working for me. Been taking 1 pill a day for just over 5 months and infected part of big toe nail is clearly growing out (all visible nail having been badly infected) - apparently it takes around 12 months for all visible nail to completely grow out). Make sure you get liver test/s - I had 3 altogether - the first was slightly abnormal but this had sorted itself out by the second test a month later when I had adjusted. I will be stopping the course in a couple of weeks. After reading many negative reviews I was quite anxious but I've had no side effects whatsoever and for me it certainly looks to have done the trick."

Sifusa (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2019

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: "I want to share my negative experience with a drug with you. It concerns a medicament called Terbinafin Mylan 250mg. I only have a fungal infection and by using the drug for 5 days now I am experiencing depressions, anxiety, panic attacks, paranoia. Less serious are diarrhea, partial loss of appetite, fatigue and lassitude. I never knew using drugs can have such negative consequences, as this is my first negative experience with side effects, so I only wanted you to be aware."

Xyz (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I'm 57 and been on this for 4 days and so sorry I started it! Been in bathroom since and the bloating makes me look 7 months pregnant! I have severe upper back pain also. Seeing doctor tomorrow."

mimi (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Here is my issue with this drug, it makes absolutely NO mention at all that it can cause panic attacks or exacerbate anxiety. I took ONE pill, just one single pill and 3 hours later I had a SEVERE panic attack, it was INTENSE! I have gone to the ER 5 times because of these panic attacks have caused me to think I am having a heart attack or stroke or something. I have suffered severe depression from this drug, extremely foggy mind, extreme fatigue, extreme insomnia, extreme shortness of breath, mood swings, I have no prior history of panic attacks or depression at all. This drug has DESTROYED my life just from one tiny 250mg pill. How these side effects are not included on the damn bottle completely baffles me. This drug should be outlawed and the producers of this drug should be sued possibly even imprisoned. This is poison, do NOT take this drug. It is absolutely horrific and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy."

POISON!!!!!!!!! February 10, 2019

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "This product is a miracle worker! I took it to cure my toe nail fungus and in a short amount of time it was totally cured! It has been over a year now and there is no sign of it coming back. I also no longer have dry cracking feet! All of my toes look incredible now! I highly recommend this product! In my 60 years I have not found anything in this life that really works like this does!"

Terry (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I took this medication for 2 months resulting in severe diarrhea, gurgling stomach, headaches, dizziness, anxiety and depression. Now almost a month after stopping the drug I maintain a bland diet and take Imodium to try to stop the gurgling stomach and persistent diarrhea. The side effects from this drug are much worse then the original problem. What doctor would prescribe a drug with such severe and long lasting side effects to cure toenail fungus. I try to take as few prescription drugs as I can preferring homeopathic treatment. In the future I will take a long hard look at alternatives to this dangerous garbage. Run don’t walk from a doctor prescribing this poison. I would literally rather have my nails pulled off with pliers in the future then use this drug again. I hope it hasn’t damaged my liver as others have reported. I feel my trust was violated and my body was damaged by this drug."

Slim (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "This medication ruined my life. Before taking it I was a healthy, active and normal 25 year old. I took this medication for 6 weeks and experienced severe gastrointestinal distress. I was bloated constantly (not from gas just a distended stomach) in severe pain. I experience extreme constipation, full body fatigue, I developed pneumonia. I still have chest pains, anxiety and digestive issues a year and 3 months after coming off of the medication. My life will NEVER be the same. I wish I would have taken others advice and never put this poison into my mouth."

Kels (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2019

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Never again will I take this medication to treat toenail fungus. Beware - the side effects are real and dangerous. I am healthy young female with no prior liver issues, nor gastrointestinal nor insomnia. After 6 weeks of taking this medication daily, I then saw really intense and dangerous side effects and had to stop. Diarrhea, really really bad insomnia and anxiety, digestive issues (stomach pain, flatulence, grumbling), weight loss, extreme fatigue, burping up acid. I had a liver panel test done and had liver damage as well. I stopped taking it immediately and three weeks later (today) I STILL have all these side effects. Another negative of this drug is that is stays in your system for a very long time. I hope I find relief soon with this medication and have complete healing (body and toenail). I would strongly advise against taking this drug."

NeverAgain (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I'm 28, I do not have a lot of experience with medications since I've been relatively healthy most of my life. I've had fungus in one of my toenails since high school, until it recently spread to my other big toenail and that one fell off, which is not something I wanted to get used to so I decided to see a doctor about it which led me to this prescription. I've taken it for 10 weeks and I do see a great improvement - my nail is growing back normal and my other toenail is also clearing up and growing normal. But the 1 side effect that I've noticed is 1 week ago I lost my sense of taste - sweet and salty things no longer taste sweet and salty. This has scared me enough to not take it anymore. I probably no longer need it since my nails look good enough but I just hope my taste comes back (I can taste some - just not very much)…."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I’ve had toenail fungus for almost 2 decades (first contracted it at 11). I tried various home remedies and topical treatments over the years with no success. The infection eventually spread to every toenail and became severe - my nails crumbled away and I was forced to paint false ones one to avoid embarassment. I was very anxious about the side effects of terbinafine, so I delayed using it for a long time. However, I finally decided enough was enough and gave it a go. I’m so pleased that I made this decision - within 2 weeks, I could see the beginnings of healthy nails; this was something I had not seen in over 5 years. Within 2 months, half of each nail was clear. I finished the treatment after 4 months and I have 10 healthy nails, with only very minor deformations (to be expected after such a long infection period). There were some side effects - I got bad headaches and for around 2 weeks, my vision was partially blurred. However, these eventually subsided."

Student, York (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I am Honestly so happy I can cry I had fungus all through out middle school and highschool until one day I told my self enough is enough I was tired of not being able to have pretty feet and constantly being bullied by my own relatives I am currently 20 and started taking terbinafine in September and its now November and my fungus cleared up. I had thick toe nails they were brittle it was so horrible and embarrassing and now it totally disappeared.I didn't think anything can help but I just want you to know to who ever is reading this that there is hope all I did was talk to my Doctor and she gave me terbinafine lamisal for 6 weeks and then I had to have another repeat of it but it completely went away. So to anyone thinking of taking these pills it is really worth the wait. The only side affects I had was dizziness for 2 weeks and a little bit of hair loss but I am totally fine now and I don't regret taking these pills one bit"

Maribel (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Tinea Pedis: "Been taking this medicine for 3 days now and I have been having hot 'n' cold flashes and a loss of energy. When will this stop?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Before I take this medicine my blood pressure was normal 120 x 80 I take this medicines terbinafine 250 mg 30 days and I go for a blood test to take the medicine for a traditional 30 days my blood pressure go up 205 x 113 . I believe this is dangerous. I have been prescribed to take it 90 days but I need to stop in the middle which is very sad. Also I need to take blood pressure medicine now"

ao (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have taken the lamisal for toe nail fungus . Upon taking I had noticed hair loss. Thinking ok I will be 51 in a week this is normal. Then I I started losing it in large amounts finding drastic amounts in the hair brushes while washing my hair especially finding my hair in my bed and all over the floors in my home here and there . I have long thick lustrous health hair and I take very good care of it . My hair is now so thin the length is still long however it’s so thin I have lost so much due to this medication . My hair no longer feels full not thick It looks weighed down and thin .It clearly needs a better warning on the label rather than indicate Incidents not known . Sadly depressed about it ."

Rene November 15, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Awful drug! After four days of use I developed anxiety and depression, and could not function physically. I also had multiple side effects. Diarrhea, blurred vision, dizzying effects, joint pain, headache etc. It’s been 3 days off the pills and I am still feeling cruddy. Not as bad as the previous week but still very tired and anxious with headaches and foggy brain. Be very careful with this one."

Mildo (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I’ve used this medication many times through the years. First time I used it it worked wonders. But eventually the fungus came back. So I used it again Cleared up but again the fungus came back My body I guess built up a resistance to the medication. I’m on it now and see no change."

Unhappy (taken for 10 years or more) September 22, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I am 18 and I’ve had to nail fungus since I was about 11. It started off on my left pinky toe but years later , probably because I was in cross country/track, it spread to 4 other toes. I really tried everything from home remedies to over the counter medicine. Finally, I spoke to my doctor and was prescribed to take lamisil I’ll orally for 3 months. I was terrified because of all the negative reviews but I desperately wanted this disgusting fungus to go away. It was the last two months that I admit made it difficult to continue. I basically had diarrhea every morning which was horrible. But other than that that was the only side effect I experienced. It’s been about 3 months since I finished my 3 months prescription. And it truly feels like a miracle. The pinky toe on my left foot Still has a little more clearing up to do but really other than that my toes look so healthy. I’m sure in a few months more all my toe nails will be completely clear. Was worth it."

Kmartinez September 9, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I'm 19, and I've had toenail fungus, athlete's foot & scaly/flaky leg problems (all clinically diagnosed by a culture) for over 3 years. I went to the doctor inquiring about treatment after failing with mostly all OTC/homeopathic treatments available, so an oral med was kind of my last option. I've been on Terbinafine for 2 & 1/2 months. Both big toenails & 4 others were affected. The only improvement I have seen is the big nail on my right foot, which is growing in pink, but the others remain discolored. My skin has not cleared up AT ALL, is itchy/flaking off, and I'm not sure what else to do. My doctor said at my follow-up: when Terbinafine is used for scalp ringworm or athlete's foot that has not responded to topical treatments, it should start resolving within a few weeks. Even though I haven't experienced any side effects, it hasn't done much for me. I'll continue to take it for a few more months & see if that improves anything. I will review again if anything changes."

layla September 8, 2018