User Reviews for Terbinafine

5.7

Cutaneous Candidiasis

Summary of Terbinafine reviews 7.1 270 reviews

Reviews for Terbinafine

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "So I’ve been on this for 3 months - after having an infection for 20 years. Always been so scared to go on it. No side effects, liver tests clear, and fungus beginning to clear. Wanted to share a positive review."

Her1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

For Tinea Capitis: "I have bald spots on my head which is caused by a fungus. I was told to treat this was by taking terbinafine. One went away while the other stayed, I start noticing the front of my hair is starting to fall out. Come to find out this is what's causes hair loss. Do not take this if you want to loose your hair."

bogabear (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Tried the newest approach to getting rid of fungus after 10 years of doing the OTC method which didn’t work and fungus spread to 4 other nails. I followed my doctor’s instructions to take Lamisil for 7 days straight, then stop and take again for 7 days (every other month). At the same time I am doing laser nail treatment ( Lunula Laser) once a month and applying Jublia daily. What can I say? FINALLY... I am so happy it is going away after 6 months of treatment and I am finally seeing results."

LindaH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Lamisil cost a lot and did not work at all for my toenail fungus."

Buck (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Part 2 - I've commented before and wanted to update . I finished my 6 month dose in Jan ( 2018 ) this year and now it's end of May . My toenails are so much better (from all thick and black ) to normal looking colour . Big toes are completely clear and other two are clear . 4 are nearly done and 2 small toes are still bad but not black . They have thinner now . I'm now on my last 3 month last one I will have to do ever ! It's been great I just started the 3 month so all up I have done 9 months so far . It's been so good ( slight side effects ATM ) but it is fine it does work for some people . Not everyone is going to see results BUT others will like me !!! "

Yuna (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2018

For Tinea Pedis: "Terbinafine works to curb athlete's foot flare ups within the first couple days, thankful for this medication! (Oral tablets)"

Littlekim (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Prescription lamisil has healed my toe nails. I contacted the infection from pedicures. I've learned to do my own pedicures and have been taking the meds and it's great! I've had liver and kidney tests done and I'm good. At first it did make me feel sick, but after a week of taking lamisil I had no issues at all. There are home remedies to cleanse your liver and kidneys. I'd rather help myself than be concerned with what a control group has came up with as far as side effects. I know it works for me and it's even healed my dry feet. Drink water with lemon 4 hrs after your dose. Just think... People take other pills and drink alcholol, which messes up your liver, kidneys and urinary tract, but thats Ok. I'd rather be healthy than worry about what meds will do. If you have diarrhea then take Imodium. So simple!!"

Kelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "My toenails were pretty bad, I had tried all the over the counter anti fungals and home remedies, nothing was working. I finally decided to go to the doctor he prescribed me 90 days I didn't notice side effects at all. After the 90 days I went to get a second round. I only got it for a another 60 days. It definitely takes time and patience but after 1 year I finally have a full grown big toenail (I cut it down all the way to the numb thinking it would help me reach the fungus better) and was able to get my first pedicure!"

Jenn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Fingernail: "Took for 41 days- stopped because of diarrhea which have had for 2 weeks now. Tried taking Imodium but doesn’t help, ate the BRAT diet (banana, rice, apple, toast) diet for several days- didn’t help. Not worth side effect and can’t get decent answer as to when diarrhea will stop."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Took Lamisil for 4 days I'm stopping it immediately as I had diarrhea from the second day of use. Awful pill, instead of fixing a health issue it brings you more issues, I can't wait for it to get out of my system, probably diarrhea will persist until then, I want nothing to do with this drug. Also took two sets of antibiotics and have used fucidin and the swelling persists. My nail hasn't grown the tiniest bit in four whole months. I don't know what to do, and I did not go to my doctor's appointment because all of these pills that they have recommended haven't helped me at all. I'm done and frustrated."

Ellen (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Three months ago today my big toe nail was white and the nail continued to get thick even thought I attempted to file it down. The fungus spread to another toe nail and that one turned white too, I’ve been taking Lamisil for 3 months and my toe nails are both almost completely clear again. Just in time for summer. Thank goodness for this med."

LR (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "After 8 days I woke up with severe itching on my scalp. Day after I started getting a rash and welts. I stopped the med and still had to go to the ER today. So miserable please don't take it!!!!"

Cheryl Deberry (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have suffered from fungal nail for about 5 years on one foot. It started at on one nail and spread to all 5. I tried many treatment xcilor etc but none of these worked. Doctors are reluctant to prescribe this tablet due to the impact they have on the liver but I managed to persuade mine to give me them. 3 months later I can see a significant improvement and am very happy with the results. I think by this summer I may even be able to wear open toe sandals!!"

Dgp0684 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I’m over the moon that only 5 weeks in taking this medication my feet are smooth and my toes have almost cleared!! And I’m talking I had severe fungal infection on every single toe. I’ve been battling with this issue for 10 years and wish I had of tried this earlier. I was afraid of sids effects ( which are none for me) and instead I WASTED and let me say this again.. WASTED. Thousands of dollars on laser toe treatment.. don’t believe anything they say.. even at the reputable places.. it’s a hoax !! They Will not cure the fungus! I wish I had known earlier ."

Bubbles (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I've been dealing with nail fungus for the better part of 6 years. I'm a 24 year old male. I wish I would have started sooner instead of psyching myself out after reading reviews of this medicine. I have had some slight headaces but no loss of taste or any other extreme side effects. I have been applying tea tree oil to my nails once a day as well. Currently I am finishing my 3rd 30 day dose, and my nails are about 50% clear."

Was skeptical (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I had VERY bad toe nail fungus on my big toes that spread to the side toes. I had it since I was about 16 years old and finally decided enough was enough after almost 9 years. I'm on my 3rd month and my nails are finally clearing up. I'm so excited and thankful for this medicine. No side effects either."

Marvel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Was on it for just over a month, good improvement while taking it. But started experiencing migraines (with hot flashes, facial numbness, TERRIBLE brain fog), mood issues, dizziness, feeling sick. Not worth it. The stroke like symptoms of a Migraine are enough to put me off, let alone the depression like affects it has on mood."

Mike (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "On my 4th and LAST month and see absolutely no difference!!!! To expensive to no results!!!"

Rsm March 22, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have just begun my second 30-day prescription and while I see a hint of improvement in my two Big toenails, the biggest improvement has been to the skin on my heels and around my big toes. I didn’t realize the infection was affecting my skin and it cleared up within a couple of weeks. I expect that after a few more months, there will be a marked improvement to my toenails. However, I am happy to report that, thus far, I have not experienced any of the side effects listed as common adverse events associated with the medicine."

JE March 20, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I am a 22 girl. My big toenail has been bad since I was 13/14. Not just the tip - full nail, hard, gross looking. I tried all kind of "home remedies" & those over the counter lacquers, nothing worked. Doctor prescribed me terbinafine. I decided to look it up & I SHOULD HAVE NEVER DONE THAT! I freaked myself out SO badly over people's reviews. Liver damage? Loss of taste? Rash? WHAT!? I cried because I was SO tired of having ugly feet & upset that I was going to have them forever. I just wanted the fungus to go away. After talking with my Dad & Pharmacist, they said I would be fine, & I decided to give it a go. I am nearing the end of my 3 months on it. I have had NO side effects what so ever & my big toenail is 90% CLEAR OF FUNGUS! I cannot be more happier because I finally will have pretty feet & nails! Take my advise: STOP READING THESE REVIEWS & PSYCHING YOURSELF OUT! JUST TRY IT. Can you imagine if I didn't? I'd still have toenail fungus & I'd still be upset."

C. March 4, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Stay away from the pills,they will make you sick and damage you kidneys or liver"

Anonymous February 17, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Took the medicine for almost a month with no problems. Two days before the first month my elbows started to itch and that was it. That night I fell asleep and woke up 2 am with my body burning. I had hives all over my body. Kept me up until 4:30 am or so for three days straight. This is the third day that I have had this happen. Been itching myself this entire time typing this making it more aggravating. Stopped the medicine the next morning and have still had the same. Hives, swollen hands and feet, and short of breath are the main side effects but more were noticed, such as lost of appetite or dizziness. Do not recommend this drug. I have never been in this much pain before and for a medicine to be the culprit. #Notworthit #Itchy #hives #swolleneverything"

Johnnyboi57 (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have nothing but good things to say about this medicine. I had no adverse affects and it worked like a charm. My only issue is that I work part-time at a pool and despite taking all preventative measures that I can, I have noticed a little fungus worming its way back (argh) so I am going to take another two months worth of the pills. I am trying to find another regime instead of one daily as my dermatologist told me that the fungus needs to be "tricked" a bit. Still haven't started taking this second round of medicine yet."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have had toenail fungus for about 8 years and managed to get it out of one nail only to have it spread to another. I found it incredibly distressing when it spread to be on three of my nails so I started the pills. The first week I felt fine with maybe a little loose stool, by the second week I’ve had terrible headaches, diarrhoea, cramps, fatigue and depression. I don’t think I can continue with this medication."

Sooty12346 January 15, 2018

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "My fungal nail was not responding to treatment to paint the nail, so the doctor proscribed Terbinafine tablets. After 3 days of taking the tablets, I developed flu like symptoms, which worsened over the next few days into constant headaches, dizziness, abdominal pain, excessive saliva production, feelings of nausea and general lethargy, to the extent that I was unable to sleep and had to take time off work. Stopped the tablets immediately - fixing a toenail is not worth feeling this awful. Seeking other treatments now."

McClarenMJ January 11, 2018