User Reviews for Terbinafine

Also known as: Lamisil, Terbinex

Learn more about Terbinafine.

Tinea Capitis 2 reviews 14 medications

Tinea Corporis 2 reviews 116 medications

5.7
Summary of Terbinafine reviews 187 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Terbinafine

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have 3 pills left. That will complete my 3 months. I guess my nails. Got a little lighter than they were but the thickness still there the only thing I can say is I didn't get any side effects and had my blood tested twice and all organs are normal"

lourocks August 11, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Took this med for toe fungus for 3 months. Fungus is gone but absolutely most horrible constant metallic taste in my mouth which makes me constantly swallow. On top of that it has definitely caused a loss in taste as flavors are dull and even spicy food seems bland. The worst part is that I finished the meds 2 months ago and I've not regained my taste, my appetite or gotten rid of the constant metallic taste in my mouth. I'm horrified to think it's permanent and I'll have to live with this side effect the rest of my life. NEVER would have taken this medication had I known it might cause this damage to my ability to enjoy food/life forever."

Chubbier July 28, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Took the medication for 35 days, was onto my second script, when I got loss of taste, my mouth tasted like sour milk 24/7, when eating sweet food I couldn't taste the sweet, and anything sweet made the sour milk taste in my mouth worse. Also eating dairy gave the same effect. Eating salted food was tasteless. Great DIET PILL, as everything tastes so foul, including water. Went to the Doctor, says stop taking it, and the foul taste could last for several weeks, return if still no good in six weeks. My toe nail was starting to look better, but needed to complete the course. Will have to revert to natural method tea tree oil. Also got headaches with this medication, although that could be due to lack of water as drinking water tastes sour."

Marinoz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have probably been battling this fungus, toenails and actually whole foot - - dry and cracked heels always - - most of my adult life. I am 60+. I knew that topical wasn't for me. I had several medical opinions over many years. Some podiatrists would say I had fungus, others would say not. Finally diagnosed by NP in dermatologists office. She put me on Terbinafine. I have taken it every single day for 2 months so far. This is very significant for me, as I hate taking medication. Not drinking is easy. Staying out of the sun is very hard. I have called my derm's office to ask when I will see improvement. Waiting for call back. No perceived side effects, although maybe lack of energy?"

Piscesdee July 17, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "After two months of taking this medicine I suddenly developed a terrible oily, metallic taste in my mouth. It is constant and dampens the taste of all foods and drinks. After I eat I have a greasy feeling on my tongue. I stopped taking the medicine because of the side effects. I didn't realize before how common this side effect is or I would not have taken this medicine. I hope my sense of taste returns quickly. I feel like I poisoned myself."

Hollygood (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I took Terbinafine for only 4 days but experienced loss of taste, loss of appetite, constant tiredness, and painful swollen lymph nodes. Blood pressure dropped and lost 8 pounds. Went to urgent care and had CBC and urinalysis. Everything came back fine and Dr. Confirmed the reaction to medicine. I still feel lousy after stopping Terbinafine a week ago. Don't risk it, awful medicine! Yuck!"

Anonymous user 2 July 15, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I'd suffered for 30 years with both toenail and fingernail fungus. My life was dramatically affected as I was never able to wear sandals or when I was barefoot for any reason, people stared at my feet in disgust. When I was with clients showing them work on my iPad or iPhone, I had to hide my thumb or always wear a band aid. I took pictures of my gradual transformation over a 6 month period of Terbinafine use. It was nothing short of miraculous. The confidence I have, the shame is gone and I am beyond thrilled with the results. I tried every snake oil, holistic and old wives tale... I could hug every person involved in the creation of this medication. So here's a verbal hug, mmmmmmm. Thank you for changing my life."

Markie-mark July 14, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "The good: Try this product. I was always embarrassed to tell my doctor and afraid of side effects. Well all the topical tricks and liquids and over the counter stuff never worked. I can't tell you the last time I had nice looking toenails or feet. The skin on the bottom of my feet was always dry and white and scaly. Not anymore! My wife was shocked at how good they look. And I am getting 4 beautiful toenails growing in! Amazing! Never been so happy to wear flip flops! The bad: I almost stopped taking Lamisil as the first few days I felt very agitated. It went away after a week and now I am fine. I did develop a rash on my arms which I am not sure is a result of the Lamisil treatment or simply a coincidence. But honestly it does work."

Tommy Brady (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Did not work for me at all. I had dermatophytes confirmed by a doctor; took Terbinafine for 12 weeks with zero improvement. I am very disappointed as now the only other option looks to be expensive laser treatment."

Funky Toe (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "For those of you that experience a rash with the medication, try filling it at a different pharmacy. I had the rash and it was pretty severe. A new podiatrist said that it could be from the fillers in the pill and she had luck with switching patients to a different generic. Worked for me!!"

Mandyann1000 June 9, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have been taking this drug for about 2.5 months. I had toenail fungus on my toes, it actually hurt me to walk. The fungus started on one toenail and low and behold spread to 7 of my toenails, so don't think that it won't spread cause it does. I did a liver test before taking to make sure my liver was fine. I was scared to take because of the side effects I've heard, however I really haven't had any. When I first started taking I had a little diarrhea and minor loss of appetite, but like I've stated, I'm now 2.5 months into taking it and no problems. My toes all appear to be clearing up nicely, I have about 1.5 months left of treatment and I suspect that they will all be fine when I've completed my medication cycle."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I used the product for the prescribed 90 days and it worked!! Cleared up this problem I had for 7 years!! It works!!"

Rocksinger May 28, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: "I took this medication for 90 days and experienced some side effects. The main one was fatigue and slight brain fog. To mitigate this effect I would take it before bed. I also had a dull ache the would come and go near my liver, but my liver test came back fine. Another effect was that it made me slightly more agitated and anxious. I experienced no taste loss as others have experienced though. It seems like new nails are growing in nicely, but it remains to be seen if all of the infected nail will grow out. Best of luck to anyone who gives it a shot."

Ryanman44 May 15, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Ive been on terbinafine for about 4 weeks now. Its a miracle worker. All 10 of my toes are infected and have been for about 10 years, finally worked up the courage to take it after reading all these bad reviews and being sketchy about it, I decided to give it a try. Within 4 weeks both of my big toenails are halfway cleared up and 2 others are on their way as well! Moving along fairly quickly. I didnt have any side effects really besides a change in my urine/BM smell but thats to be expected. Its the best thing ive done. Looking forward to this summer and showing off my FEET finally! Dont let the other reviews scare you off everyone takes differently. Good luck! -female, 24"

Oosally (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Tinea Cruris: "Jock itch Taking terbinafine from 21 days no improvements yet"

Singh hamilton May 1, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have been on this medication for over 8 months now to clear up my toenail infection on both feet. Initially I was prescribed the lacquer form, but this was putting a greasy like film on the toe nail and I had to put it on twice a day, not helpful if you work in a office and have shoes and socks on all day. I have a blood test ever month to check my liver, so far all is good. At first taken the medication gave me slight headaches they pasted within a week, this is the only side effect I have had with this medication. My nails were thick and yellow and they were not growing the way they should have done, started noticing change first month, at this stage of the treatment, my nails have changed to theright colour and thinned. Recommend this."

on way to clearance (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "5 weeks now and minor rash covering 70% of body. No results to report to date. It's a wait and see. Will visit dr. Taking 1 / 250 mg / day for 45 days. ."

PHILBEE (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "My Mom took this. Make sure you have your liver checked often while on this med. I mean every week. My Dad is sitting here telling me how she suffered while on this med. She did not know how much she need to have her liver checked while taking it."

Louise Mandrell April 18, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Starting my 10th week tomorrow. Out of 9 nails 3 halfway cleared up, 4 with some results, and 2 with barely noticeable results. 0 side affects as of the 2nd month. My doctor doesn't wanna prescribe me another 3 months, he says it's bad for the liver. I will be taking opinions from a few doctors to get the best results. With this pill there's nothing for you to do then wait for it to clear up. Just clean your feet at least once a day/shower and you'll be good to go. NYC."

Brooklyn NY (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "25 yr old female; I've been on it for about 1.5 months now and I haven't had any side effects (that I'm aware of). As of the past few weeks I've noticed uninfected nail growing out - yay! The nail is growing slower than the others, so it could take a while."

Kristin /25 April 14, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Best advice:1.Get prescription pills & continue until side effects are unbearable,that product will clear it up best & fastest,Then switch to prescription polish. 2.Go buy electric nail file w attachments, keep thinnest & short as possible. 3.Change socks morning/night. 4.Don't share nail tools! 5. Sally's has professional liquid cleaner, blue stuff lasts year! 6.Clean infected toes PM before changing socks. 7.i switched from pills to medicated polish because of headaches & after 7 months my toe nail is clear & growing at a similar rate to others. I've read & tried all the tricks. If u follow these instructions DAILY it WILL clear up but your looking at a year. Add Epsom Salt 2 minute soak, 2-3x wk, plug bath sink,put foot in."

Best advice I wish I was told! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "i regret taking this. Have been signed off work for almost two weeks. My side affects are Numbness and parasthaesia down one side of my body.. My leg felt like it was seizing up. I'm still getting problems with my muscles in my knee I have no energy to go out the house. It is poison!!!!!! I can't wait to feel normal again."

Leen7 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "If this can help one person get the courage to get on this medication, then it is worth it. I suffered from this for over 5 year. It killed my self esteem & gave me anxiety. I was scared to take medicine because of all the side effects I read about online. When I first started medication (September) I had a slight metal taste in my mouth and general dizziness at times. The taste went away after a few weeks. I didn't drink any alcohol for the 3 month, and I stayed fairly active at the gym. (no alcohol was hard, but I was scared to risk liver damage) it is now April, and my nails are normal. It is so amazing to not have to worry about such a gross problem. Don't be scared of reviews online. Everyone is different."

Pink1234 April 8, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "After a month of taking this for a toenail infection I got a very bad rash over my entire body. It spread so quickly and became painful so I went to the ER where they confirmed it was a reaction to terbinafine. I went to a dermatologist who gave me a shot and put me on prednisone for 30 days and gave me some corticosteroid cream. After three weeks and merciless skin peeling my skin is almost back to normal. I was not able to take it long enough to help my toenails. I cannot recommend this medicine."

Courierman (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Started nov, it's now the end of March. 37y F 135lbs Suffered on one foot only almost 20 yrs. In the first month I'd get itchy spells but wasn't worried as this is a sign of Candida die off. I have IBD so maybe I had stomach upset as a side effect but it was nothing out of the ordinary for me so didn't notice. I didn't see any difference at first and was worried I'd be one of the unlucky ones with no change. After two months I noticed they hadn't itched in a while and they weren't getting thick. Though I saw no other difference I kept on taking them regularly since my liver tests were all ok. Dr checked them at 3mo and decided to keep me on another 3. Just in the last couple of weeks I noticed that half my big toe looked NORMAL! So happy!"

Hell'sBelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2016