User Reviews for Terbinafine

Also known as: Lamisil, Terbinex

Terbinafine Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Onychomycosis, Toenail.

Reviews for Terbinafine to treat Onychomycosis, Toenail

"After 8 days I woke up with severe itching on my scalp. Day after I started getting a rash and welts. I stopped the med and still had to go to the ER today. So miserable please don't take it!!!!"

Cheryl Deberry (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

"I have suffered from fungal nail for about 5 years on one foot. It started at on one nail and spread to all 5. I tried many treatment xcilor etc but none of these worked. Doctors are reluctant to prescribe this tablet due to the impact they have on the liver but I managed to persuade mine to give me them. 3 months later I can see a significant improvement and am very happy with the results. I think by this summer I may even be able to wear open toe sandals!!"

Dgp0684 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2018

"I’m over the moon that only 5 weeks in taking this medication my feet are smooth and my toes have almost cleared!! And I’m talking I had severe fungal infection on every single toe. I’ve been battling with this issue for 10 years and wish I had of tried this earlier. I was afraid of sids effects ( which are none for me) and instead I WASTED and let me say this again.. WASTED. Thousands of dollars on laser toe treatment.. don’t believe anything they say.. even at the reputable places.. it’s a hoax !! They Will not cure the fungus! I wish I had known earlier ."

Bubbles (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

"I've been dealing with nail fungus for the better part of 6 years. I'm a 24 year old male. I wish I would have started sooner instead of psyching myself out after reading reviews of this medicine. I have had some slight headaces but no loss of taste or any other extreme side effects. I have been applying tea tree oil to my nails once a day as well. Currently I am finishing my 3rd 30 day dose, and my nails are about 50% clear."

Was skeptical (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

"I had VERY bad toe nail fungus on my big toes that spread to the side toes. I had it since I was about 16 years old and finally decided enough was enough after almost 9 years. I'm on my 3rd month and my nails are finally clearing up. I'm so excited and thankful for this medicine. No side effects either."

Marvel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

"Was on it for just over a month, good improvement while taking it. But started experiencing migraines (with hot flashes, facial numbness, TERRIBLE brain fog), mood issues, dizziness, feeling sick. Not worth it. The stroke like symptoms of a Migraine are enough to put me off, let alone the depression like affects it has on mood."

Mike (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

"On my 4th and LAST month and see absolutely no difference!!!! To expensive to no results!!!"

Rsm March 22, 2018

"I have just begun my second 30-day prescription and while I see a hint of improvement in my two Big toenails, the biggest improvement has been to the skin on my heels and around my big toes. I didn’t realize the infection was affecting my skin and it cleared up within a couple of weeks. I expect that after a few more months, there will be a marked improvement to my toenails. However, I am happy to report that, thus far, I have not experienced any of the side effects listed as common adverse events associated with the medicine."

JE March 20, 2018

"I am a 22 girl. My big toenail has been bad since I was 13/14. Not just the tip - full nail, hard, gross looking. I tried all kind of "home remedies" & those over the counter lacquers, nothing worked. Doctor prescribed me terbinafine. I decided to look it up & I SHOULD HAVE NEVER DONE THAT! I freaked myself out SO badly over people's reviews. Liver damage? Loss of taste? Rash? WHAT!? I cried because I was SO tired of having ugly feet & upset that I was going to have them forever. I just wanted the fungus to go away. After talking with my Dad & Pharmacist, they said I would be fine, & I decided to give it a go. I am nearing the end of my 3 months on it. I have had NO side effects what so ever & my big toenail is 90% CLEAR OF FUNGUS! I cannot be more happier because I finally will have pretty feet & nails! Take my advise: STOP READING THESE REVIEWS & PSYCHING YOURSELF OUT! JUST TRY IT. Can you imagine if I didn't? I'd still have toenail fungus & I'd still be upset."

C. March 4, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine): "Stay away from the pills,they will make you sick and damage you kidneys or liver"

Anonymous February 17, 2018

"Took the medicine for almost a month with no problems. Two days before the first month my elbows started to itch and that was it. That night I fell asleep and woke up 2 am with my body burning. I had hives all over my body. Kept me up until 4:30 am or so for three days straight. This is the third day that I have had this happen. Been itching myself this entire time typing this making it more aggravating. Stopped the medicine the next morning and have still had the same. Hives, swollen hands and feet, and short of breath are the main side effects but more were noticed, such as lost of appetite or dizziness. Do not recommend this drug. I have never been in this much pain before and for a medicine to be the culprit. #Notworthit #Itchy #hives #swolleneverything"

Johnnyboi57 (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2018

"I have nothing but good things to say about this medicine. I had no adverse affects and it worked like a charm. My only issue is that I work part-time at a pool and despite taking all preventative measures that I can, I have noticed a little fungus worming its way back (argh) so I am going to take another two months worth of the pills. I am trying to find another regime instead of one daily as my dermatologist told me that the fungus needs to be "tricked" a bit. Still haven't started taking this second round of medicine yet."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2018

Lamisil (terbinafine): "I have had toenail fungus for about 8 years and managed to get it out of one nail only to have it spread to another. I found it incredibly distressing when it spread to be on three of my nails so I started the pills. The first week I felt fine with maybe a little loose stool, by the second week I’ve had terrible headaches, diarrhoea, cramps, fatigue and depression. I don’t think I can continue with this medication."

Sooty12346 January 15, 2018

"My fungal nail was not responding to treatment to paint the nail, so the doctor proscribed Terbinafine tablets. After 3 days of taking the tablets, I developed flu like symptoms, which worsened over the next few days into constant headaches, dizziness, abdominal pain, excessive saliva production, feelings of nausea and general lethargy, to the extent that I was unable to sleep and had to take time off work. Stopped the tablets immediately - fixing a toenail is not worth feeling this awful. Seeking other treatments now."

McClarenMJ January 11, 2018

"Suffered with toenail fungus for 10-15 years, finally decided to act. Extremely effective. 3 month course. Now 6 months after initially starting. Toenails just about completely grown out. Only side effect was nausea.. But at times this was no joke. Had to hop off a few buses earlier than anticipated for fear of throwing up. The nausea was most prevalent in the first 2 weeks then settled. Had it persisted I would have struggled to keep taking the meds. I, glad I did however, as it was definitely worth it in the end. I'm now dusting my socks with anti fungal powder each morning and most enjoyable of all... I'm able to show my feet in public. Don't suffer any longer... I should have acted years ago."

Les chanticleer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2018

"I took Terbinafine which was prescribed for 90 days orally, I took it optimistically after reading all the horrible reviews online to find out I would only have the same problem. Day one, it was bearable salty taste mild headache mild nausea, day two a little bit worse accompanied by cramps, day 3 I missed work woke up with a migraine that would not subside and nausea, day 4 it was unbearable migraine fever chills throwing up I felt as if I had the flu. I called my prescribing DR, whom instructed me to go to the ER. This is a nasty nasty medication."

Attsmama (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

Lamisil (terbinafine): "I previously took flucozanole for toenail fungus but did not work and it actually spread to my other big toe. Frustrated, I asked my doctor to prescribe me terbinafine. I took it for 3 months and it appears that my nails are getting better. The side effects are horrible. I had an almost daily headache, felt dizzy at times, nauseous once in a while and the worst symptom was the accompanying depression that came with the drug. I'm glad the course is over. Don't want to do that again. Here's to hoping the fungus is gone."

Nicknickooooo December 19, 2017

"I have 3 toenails that have fungus and was prescribed terbinafine for a 3 month length of time. Today is my last day of the first month and really don't see much of a difference yet. It looks like some of the new growth looks pretty clear but the nails have grown so slow that I can't really even be sure. I guess I will keep using it and see how it progresses in the remaining months."

Jaim1989 December 16, 2017

"I started this on July the 6th of this year (2017) I'm completing a 6 month course it finishes next month in Jan :) it took like 4 months to show a dramatic change ! It's def getting there I wanted to make a comment before but wanted to wait !! So I have had toenail and fingernail fungus since I was 12 from working with plants and what not . I never ever showed my feet to anyone so embarrassed lololololllll . Anyways then my fingernails got infected !! N I was like noooooooo so my mum never took me as a teen I waited till I turned 19 and went to the doc myself . Got prescribed terabinafine 2 years ago for 3 months and it got rid of my fingernail infection and I didn't tell the doc I had toenail fungus cause it was soooo bad . Part 1"

Yuns December 4, 2017

"I had toenail fungus bad for 10 years, on 9 toes. 5 of them looked hideous, like rams horns. I was terrified of this medicine for years, didn't want to take it etc. Finally plucked up the courage to go to the Dr, she told me this medicine is misrepresented due to people mainly sharing negative reviews. I was on it for 4 months, gave up drinking, cut out caffeine, takes at least 6-8 weeks to notice anything, but after 3 months on it the fungus had stopped growing. Then I threw away all my old socks and use Clearzal on my toes daily to keep the microbes off. Now 9 months on the fungus has completely gone and my feet are soft - its amazing. A little fatigue and salty taste, other than that no side effects"

Daniel Martin November 28, 2017

"Mine started as a kid playing sports all the time and not having very good hygiene, as a result I got toenail fungus which as a kid I didn't care. Now as an adult I have one constant fear of people wondering why I don't wear open toe shoes, but after asking my doctor he recommended terbinafine for 3 months one pill a day, its been amazing no side affects thank god. My nail after 15yrs are clearing up there growing like normal nails the skin on my feet is smooth for the first time in years nothing over the counter ever worked for me. I'm so thankful I came across this drug, feels like in taking my life back and might go cray shoe shopping hell I've never owned a pair of sandals!!!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2017

"I had a toe nail fungus years ago, and used terbinafine. I didn't have any side effects. It cleared my toenail fungus. This is my second time using the medication, due to me getting toenail fungus again from a nail salon :( I'm very happy with the medication . It really works. My husband and I see changes already, clear beautiful toenails once again. I'm happy, and very satisfied ."

Keshia G (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

Lamisil (terbinafine): "My husband suffered from toe nail fungus since I met him for years. One day he was given free samples of lamisil for a three month period. He took it and his toe nails miraculously cured! From super yellow nails that were impossible to cut to natural healthy nails. He worked in construction so wearing steel toe shoes did not helped. He got some back but after ten years, due to his job. It was not contagious though. I worked at Home Depot for a year and wore steel toe boots for protection and noticed a bit of fungus growing on my big toe!, I requested lamisil and the Dr. Was reluctant to prescribe it for the possible side effects, all bodies are different so let's see what happens. I don't believe in topical antifungal!"

CYO October 10, 2017

"My toenail fungus was severe. Five nails of ten were thickened and had shades ranging from yellow to brown to black. Started taking Terbisil in June 2017 and by the middle of July my toenails were visibly growing out. Went back to the doctor in October 2017 and she said two months really is the recommended time frame for taking the pills as it is most effective in treating the fungus. So I took the pills for 4wks first and now I have another 6 weeks to take. It was good treatment though. Side effects were non-existent. I imagine different folks have their own experience."

Dae Girl October 8, 2017

Lamisil (terbinafine): "It is SO important to get rid of ALL of your shoes and socks at about the 3 month mark of taking the prescription, when you are starting to see healthy toe nail growth, or it will keep coming back. Definitely worth the sacrifice!!"

Jenner23 September 29, 2017